Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2019 9:19:07 PM EDT
Ok so to me this is wierd, i hear from the local gun shop here that HE always cleans from breech to crown. My ccw instructor said the very same... is this some southern iowa superstition or have i really been doing it wrong? Ya know, swinging both ways. Any difference with caibers? Would the case for a .44 webley also be the case for a .204 Ruger?
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]
cleaning from breech to muzzle is ideal and preferred. It is very easy to damage the crown of the muzzle cleaning from the muzzle end. Crown damage is an accuracy killer.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Why to you clean the  barrel?  To remove the crud left over from shooting.

Why would you push/pull the crud from the barrel into the chamber and receiver?

I clean from the chamber/receiver forward and out of the muzzle end of the barrel.  That way the crud leaves instead of being moved to another area of the gun that has to be cleaned, too.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M1A4ME:

I clean from the chamber/receiver forward and out of the muzzle end of the barrel.  That way the crud leaves instead of being moved to another area of the gun that has to be cleaned, too.
View Quote
back to front
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 7:55:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By M1A4ME:

View Quote
Fyi CZ ftw!
I dissassemble guns during cleaning, do you?
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 7:58:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Stiles1410:
cleaning from breech to muzzle is ideal and preferred. It is very easy to damage the crown of the muzzle cleaning from the muzzle end. Crown damage is an accuracy killer.
View Quote
Damage would occur with plastic/brass rod fittings?
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 10:31:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M1A4ME] [#6]
Originally Posted By FlowersForFoes:

Fyi CZ ftw!
I dissassemble guns during cleaning, do you?
View Quote
Absolutely.  AR15, separate upper/lower, remove bolt/charging handle and clean it all, then lube it and put it all back together.

Pistol, remove slide from frame, remove barrel from slide, clean it all, lube it up and put it back together.

Oh, my avatar is a CZ75 Compact I converted to use CZ85 style controls.  Ambidextrous thumb safeties and slide release levers.  Did a CZ75B .40 S&W the same way but it came with ambidextrous safeties so I only had to add the CZ75 slide release levers and modify the frame (slightly) to add that right side slide release lever.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#7]
East to West.
Top Top