Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't handles that shit since 1986 and never want to handle it again .  I wish I'd known about that tape trick back then . . .
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#2]

This is the kind the Army uses.

These are the specific gloves that the Army uses, they are armored.
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
So you use that stuff then everything returns to normal...now what
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So you use that stuff then everything returns to normal...now what
View Quote
Push it back together and put it back in the garage.

Link Posted: 12/16/2013 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Concertina is good stuff but if you know what you're doing it's also pretty easy to breach a triple standard concertina barrier.

God, this thread brings up some memories, (12B 1986-1992)
View Quote

Ditto. 12b 1988-1991

16th Engineers, Furth, Germany.
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd like to say a hearty Fuck You to the asshole who decided to leave 3 full rolls of concertina buried in the sage on YTC. It took us almost a full day to cut it out of my Bradley tracks.

That shit can stop anything.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 1:08:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'd like to say a hearty Fuck You to the asshole who decided to leave 3 full rolls of concertina buried in the sage on YTC. It took us almost a full day to cut it out of my Bradley tracks.

That shit can stop anything.
View Quote
Broke a leatherman trying to untangle a humvee because my Company XO didn't want to get out and ground guide.

Had to get a contact truck, and used bolt cutters.  It was amazing I didn't lose the front tires.

Link Posted: 12/17/2013 1:51:35 AM EDT
[#9]

We had concertina cutters as part of our BII but we broke 3 sets of them trying. We ended up with bolt cutters , hammers and chisels, hacksaws. The medics trained well that day.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 7:34:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

16th Engineers, Furth, Germany.
View Quote

[thread drift]I was with the 16th from '83 to '85.  I heard Johnson Barracks is a shopping mall now.[/thread drift]

Essayons
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I ran an 1151 into one strand of c wire once in the middle of a rainy night in the triangle of death.  I had to use an angle grinder to get it off the axle and out of the brake.  Then I had to change the tire in about 2 ft of mud.  C wire will stop anything, for a while.
View Quote

My driver ran our M151 into a single strand of non-razor wire rusty old WWII concertina at the NTC in 1982.  At night.  My Leatherman and the pliers out of the BII.  And 3 hours.  With a red lens flashlight.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone who says it's not worth it was never in the .mil and seen what it can do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Anyone who says it's not worth it was never in the .mil and seen what it can do.

I've never been .mil but I saw it used on a show called Shadow Force.

The episode is called 'Black Gold' for those who want to look it up.  I'm sure you can watch it for free somewhere.

The team assists park rangers in the Congo in their fight to stop the depletion of a national forest, which is being stripped for charcoal manufacturing.

The team is made up of a former U.S. Special Forces, British SAS and a couple of other people.  They use the concertina wire to block off a road.  After watching the episode, I've wanted to pick some up.  I'll keep reading this thread for others who have used it.  If I could get it locally I definitely would.  Then again, I have a lot of other preps covered.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The episode is called 'Black Gold' for those who want to look it up.  I'm sure you can watch it for free somewhere.

The team is made up of a former U.S. Special Forces, British SAS and a couple of other people.  They use the concertina wire to block off a road.  After watching the episode, I've wanted to pick some up.  I'll keep reading this thread for others who have used it.  If I could get it locally I definitely would.  Then again, I have a lot of other preps covered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The team assists park rangers in the Congo in their fight to stop the depletion of a national forest, which is being stripped for charcoal manufacturing.

There is a seller on eBay who ships at a very reasonable rate.

Edit: I,posted the wrong name. Can't remember the ebay ID but there are plenty.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got an area of the farm that would be a perfect location for someone to shoot at the cabin, and I have conveniently an provided armored fighting position (I call them a box blade and a JD 450 bull dozer).   If things truely went to hell, the box blade gets moved, and I put coils of barbed tape back there.  I don't have much, but that area becomes a no mans land.  

If I were to have some warning, I'd get geese as well,
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#15]
If you can't find a source of this fancy concertina wire...

Using cheap barbed wire and making a tangle across/around stuff you want to slow access too isn't half bad.

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Using cheap barbed wire and making a tangle across/around stuff you want to slow access too isn't half bad.

View Quote

There is a night and day differnce between concertina wire and  tangled up barbed wire.  Like the difference between a rusty Taurus revolver and a Barrett .50
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, I'll do a search.  The series above only ran for one season/8 episodes but it was very interesting for those of us who have not been in the military.  Setting up a checkpoint/inspection point is bread and butter for you guys but there were a lot of lessons for the rest of us.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There is a night and day differnce between concertina wire and  tangled up barbed wire.  Like the difference between a rusty Taurus revolver and a Barrett .50
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Using cheap barbed wire and making a tangle across/around stuff you want to slow access to isn't half bad.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top