User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 104
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Moved the old chicken coop
Attachment Attached File

I tack welded a piece of angle to a QR plate and used a 1-1/2 x 3/16 wall tubing to spread the load...a few straps and walla

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I did some vine removal with the Rake I made yesterday

These are the teeth I made last weekend

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

It detaches easy for storage

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing like dragging out a swamped ZT
Attachment Attached File

Then I unloaded a chicken coop in the sketchiest manner I could think of
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Then I dropped it close to where its new home will be
Attachment Attached File

I know the lifting situation wasn't ideal, but I was making do with what I had on-hand
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Moving cushion sand under/over the water and power. It's about 24 tonsAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:53:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

Loaded a bunch of crap from in front of the barn so I could get some hay for the coop.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Did some "weeding " at coop
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I had 110 tons of crushed concrete delivered last week. I am spreading over our driveway, which is about 250 yards long:

One pile down…..two more to go:

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jodan1776:
Yep, I had an older tractor with FEL.   When the pressure line decided to let go, it came down instantly, with full gravity force and zero resistance, like there weren't even any hydraulic lines at all.  I was in the seat, so no danger, but the tractor and I got drenched in oil, and I sure learned to never get under a bucket.  Bucket was empty, too, so it can happen any time, in the blink of an eye.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Don't forget your safety support.  You can see it in the above pic off to the left, leaning against one of my work benches.  I raise the FEL/lift, then place the support, then slowly drop the FEL so it sits on the support, bearing most of the weight.  Defeats the biggest argument against using your FEL with a man lift:  a hydraulic failure dropping the FEL and man lift with you in it.
Yep, I had an older tractor with FEL.   When the pressure line decided to let go, it came down instantly, with full gravity force and zero resistance, like there weren't even any hydraulic lines at all.  I was in the seat, so no danger, but the tractor and I got drenched in oil, and I sure learned to never get under a bucket.  Bucket was empty, too, so it can happen any time, in the blink of an eye.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:48:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#9]
About a week ago, I brought all those large rocks from the bottom of the hill to the top; (see 3/13 post above).  I'm going to see if I can sell some of them on CL.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#10]
What do rocks that size weigh about? Was thinking of grabbing some but didn't know that if I BH'd them if I could pick them up.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Plowing out alfalfa, 5-18" on land, pulled hard.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bansil:
What do rocks that size weigh about? Was thinking of grabbing some but didn't know that if I BH'd them if I could pick them up.
View Quote
I have no idea, but my tractor and grapple grunted pretty good picking up the big ones.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Don't forget your safety support.  You can see it in the above pic off to the left, leaning against one of my work benches.  I raise the FEL/lift, then place the support, then slowly drop the FEL so it sits on the support, bearing most of the weight.  Defeats the biggest argument against using your FEL with a man lift:  a hydraulic failure dropping the FEL and man lift with you in it.

A load control valve makes a fair amount of sense in a few applications.  It's not fool proof but is safer than relying on hoses.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:24:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wobblin-Goblin] [#14]
Originally Posted By FZJ80:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434728/IMG_6669_jpeg-3172992.JPG

A spring ritual, several loader buckets of rocks.  

We have a long row of field stones on the farm.  What I find interesting is the older parts of it have small stones, like golf ball size.  My theory is even the smaller rocks damaged late 1800’s/early 1900’s equipment, and/or small children were out there helping as well.
View Quote

Nice John Deere. Those tractors have stood the test of time.

My dad has two 850s, one with a loader.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Used my tractor with it's forks to load some Boxelder Maple onto one of my pallet racks:

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:29:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#16]
That is pretty wood
I'm guessing the color is from minerals in the soil?

Plans for the future? Table or?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:25:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#17]
That is pretty wood
I'm guessing the color is from minerals in the soil?

Plans for the future? Table or?
View Quote
Somebody in another thread said it was caused by some sort of beetle.  All I know is that it was ridden with Black Ants; the sawyer charged me $10 for 4 cans of ant killer while sawing it up.  

It's up on CL to be sold.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

Spreading fertilizer on hayfields
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#19]

I used mine to wind up old fence..
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I need to pick up new cutters today on the way to antique tractor show today
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#20]
We bought our first tractor yesterday!  2014 Kioti DS4520HS, with FEL & backhoe. Only 161hrs on it, and it's been stored inside most all of its life as it looks brand new.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#21]
The TC29 became a workbench/stuff holder while throwing together a chicken coop that looked much larger in the product pictures

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#22]
That is spalted maple.  The discoloring is fungus and early decay.  The tree is sick from insect damage.  I have used it for a few projects, one being an island table for a customer.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#23]

I used mine to wind up old fence..
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/388306/1000000047_jpg-3200183.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/388306/1000000050_jpg-3200184.JPG

I need to pick up new cutters today on the way to antique tractor show today
View Quote

I have used this method before.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:10:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Dug these blade killers out of the orchard,
Attachment Attached File

and then filled in the huge holes with top soil

Now the wife won't hit them, first time she has mowed with the Zero turn...she didn't know these were there
Attachment Attached File

Now to be fair it was the 1st time...now the fucking trailer tongue she ran over

I will get a pic today...she bought new blades and I ordered an new latch assembly
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By vic-303:
We bought our first tractor yesterday!  2014 Kioti DS4520HS, with FEL & backhoe. Only 161hrs on it, and it's been stored inside most all of its life as it looks brand new.
View Quote
Page / 104
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top