User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ClichedUsername:
When looking for rootstocks I found some crazy people that successfully grafted pomegranates onto crape myrtles!

Texas A&M's home pomegranate publication says that they are very easy to propagate from cuttings. Both softwood and hardwood cuttings can be rooting in soil or water. They recommend softwood cuttings rooting under mist or humidity dome to prevent desiccation.

UF says cuttings can be rooted in just about any well draining medium and rooting hormone is not necessary but can ensure success.

I am reasonably confident this is possible
View Quote

Well i'm certainly willing to give it a go if you are
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Fantastic!
Do you have pomegranates?
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Jedberg:
I'm on the hunt for anything cool that will grow in a zone 4. I'm right on the line between zone 4 and 5.  Nut trees that attract deer or berries would be great.   I tried to take cuttings of my blueberries in July and I didn't get any branches to root.  I should have tried using clonex and some rooting hormone on the end of the cutting but I wanted to see if I could clone them with just tap water in rapid rooter plugs in a cloning tray.

I've got some sommerset seedless table grapes I can take cuttings of this winter.  I'll also have red, purple, yellow coneflower seeds once the flower heads mature.
View Quote

I’m south of you I’m sure, but I’ve got hazels that might do well, the animals go after the nuts once they figure out how good they are.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been searching for some mulberry cuttings ! I think I could get them to root in my upstairs room and plant them in the spring, is anybody willing to trade? I have poplar, cedar, fir , white pine, hemlock pine, maple up here oh and a CRAPLOAD of raspberries LOL! I normally would trade our maple syrup but we are taking some time off adjusting to our newborn . Keeping me on my toes being a new mom.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone have Blackthorn/sloe berry for cuttings?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I have some Tettnang, Zeus, and Nugget hops rhizomes if anybody wants some.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:58:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Mp40Gunner:
I have some Tettnang, Zeus, and Nugget hops rhizomes if anybody wants some.
View Quote

If I lived someplace a little less hot, I'd take you up on it.   Triple digit summers seems a bit .uch for hops.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top