Site Notices
Stihl chainsaws (Page 3 of 3)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SixpackinOk:
Just FYI, the sale has started for the Echo products, at least at the dealership I'm going to buy from. It's 15% off, and I think they said it goes through Apr. 6th.
View Quote

Looking at Echo's website, it doesn't appear that it's at all dealers.  A local Echo dealer in my area just picked up Stihl.  Their new Stihl display is large and really nice and the old Echo's look like they have been relagated to the red headed step child shelf in the corner.  I'm going to keep an eye out to see if they start discounting them.  This thread has me interested in the Stihl 260 competitor, the CS-501.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By bdicki:
Stihl MS261
View Quote

I second this or the equivalent professional grade Husqvarna. I would look at the Husqvarna 562XP or the Stihl MS400. I looked at a Stihl MS262 with the ultra light 20” bar and I almost walked out of the farm store with it to replace my Husqvarna 51. I have a MS391 and it’s heavy. But I really like it and my Husqvarna 371 but those two are just getting heavier for limbing. But to tell you the truth the two most used saws on my farm are the MS171 and the Milwaukee battery powered saw.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought about the Stihl MS261, but $700.00 is more than I want to spend. I wish had bought one 30 years ago, but I didn't. I'm pretty sure the Echo CS4010 is what will end up coming home with me. There's other stuff that has to be bought to, lol. Anyone know a of good affordable queen size mattress?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought about the Stihl MS261, but $700.00 is more than I want to spend. I wish had bought one 30 years ago, but I didn't. I'm pretty sure the Echo CS4010 is what will end up coming home with me. There's other stuff that has to be bought to, lol. Anyone know a of good affordable queen size mattress?
View Quote

The only problem I have with Echo is the fuel bulbs tend to crack out when you need them most. So buy extra. Personally I would see if I could affirm the MS261 or see if you can apply for John Deere credit Farm Plan and get the zero interest and pay it out in one year.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had a old farm boss that I gave up on after 30+ years of pretty heavy service.
I also bought a smaller Stihl that I did much cutting with that I gave up on after 25+ years.

Both very good saws

I bought a mid sized Huskavarna from a big box store , it wasn't a cheap saw but it never ran well and was hard to start. Guy at the local saw shop messed about with it and it was somewhat better but it has never been right. He told me to never bring it back , he didn't want to mess with it.

When I got one of those covid stimulus checks I bought a MS291 which seems to be pretty good but I think it isn't as good as the old Farm Boss.

Before I bought the 291 I bought a couple of Echo saws. One is the larger "timberwolf" and the other is a smaller limbing saw. Both were bought at Home depot.

Compared to Stihl they seem a very good value . They have very good power for the size/cost and have been easy to start.

For the use the OP is calling out I would suggest he look at the Echo line.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm probably too late to the party.

I bought an MS250 last year for $350 on sale. I'm happy: starts easy*, cuts well even with semi chisel .325 chain, and is lightweight. I dislike that it seems fuel efficient - the 039 I'm accustomed to would run out of gas usually when I needed a break

*apparently these things flood very, very easily. Dealer taught me to avoid the choke basically.

Made in USA, of course.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:

That's so strange.  My bulbs have never cracked.  BUT....might be the conditions.  That's a good reminder I should be carrying around some extra bulbs along with plugs and filters.
View Quote

I think it’s our local gasoline. I have a Jonsered brush cutter that does the same thing. But like I said that’s the only complaint I have. Echo is quickly replacing Husqvarna here. Stihl is everywhere now almost all the tractor dealers have them. Then again it may be allergic to the Stihl and Husqvarna two cycle oil mix. I have used both for years. I tuned and ported a pro grade Echo 50 something cc saw for my buddy and opened the muffler just a little and that thing runs like a rapped ape. I would love to switch the sprocket out for 3/8’s and put a full skip or a square cut chain on it. But he’s too tight to play. He runs a MS251 and I can’t stand that saw. In my book the MS251 is a box store saw. It’s really really slow compared to other saws in the same class.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:49:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#9]
My pop has a 16 that borrowed last Saturday.

It hadn’t been started in over a year. It started on the third pull. It has a strange spring starter but seems to work well.

I just premixed fuel in it and ran it all morning. I guess good fuel makes for good performance over time.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
My pop has a 16 that borrowed last Saturday.

It hadn’t been started in over a year. It started on the third pull. It has a strange spring starter but seems to work well.

I just premixed fuel in it and ran it all morning. I guess good fuel makes for good performance over time.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255381/image0_jpeg-3166944.JPG
View Quote

I hope you didn't cut it while bare foot. I always use 100% gas in my mowers, saws, any small engine really. Using the right gas/oil mix and using good quality oil just always seemed like a good idea to me.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

I think it's our local gasoline. I have a Jonsered brush cutter that does the same thing. But like I said that's the only complaint I have. Echo is quickly replacing Husqvarna here. Stihl is everywhere now almost all the tractor dealers have them. Then again it may be allergic to the Stihl and Husqvarna two cycle oil mix. I have used both for years. I tuned and ported a pro grade Echo 50 something cc saw for my buddy and opened the muffler just a little and that thing runs like a rapped ape. I would love to switch the sprocket out for 3/8's and put a full skip or a square cut chain on it. But he's too tight to play. He runs a MS251 and I can't stand that saw. In my book the MS251 is a box store saw. It's really really slow compared to other saws in the same class.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That's so strange.  My bulbs have never cracked.  BUT....might be the conditions.  That's a good reminder I should be carrying around some extra bulbs along with plugs and filters.

I think it's our local gasoline. I have a Jonsered brush cutter that does the same thing. But like I said that's the only complaint I have. Echo is quickly replacing Husqvarna here. Stihl is everywhere now almost all the tractor dealers have them. Then again it may be allergic to the Stihl and Husqvarna two cycle oil mix. I have used both for years. I tuned and ported a pro grade Echo 50 something cc saw for my buddy and opened the muffler just a little and that thing runs like a rapped ape. I would love to switch the sprocket out for 3/8's and put a full skip or a square cut chain on it. But he's too tight to play. He runs a MS251 and I can't stand that saw. In my book the MS251 is a box store saw. It's really really slow compared to other saws in the same class.
Ethanol will eat the bulbs.
They also don't like cold.

I run stihl orange bottle oil in every and no problems with the bulbs.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bdicki:
Stihl MS261
View Quote

This. The 261 is a pro grade saw. The 271 isn't.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

I like having 2 saws.  I’m not cutting large trees so a 16” bar on the 261 works for me.  

I also run an HT135 pole saw.  

Echo is tempting but my local Stihl place is really good.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Our local franchise farm supply store was running 20% off this weekend.  Dad bought the Echo 60 cc Timber Wolf and I bought the Echo 50 cc CS-4920.  Previously my small saw was a 30-some year old 034.  The new 4920 will be giving up 10 cc's, but should come in 2 pounds lighter, so I'm hoping it will make a good limbing saw.  I'm hoping these both live up to the ARF HF&G hype.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok, after wasting everyone's time for 3 pages, I finally ordered a saw today. Ended up getting an Echo CS-4010. It's has a 41.1cc engine, 18'' bar, and weighs 9.4 lbs. I went in ready to order an Echo CS-501p, and it was the owner who talked me into the 4010 instead. After the 15% sale price, it was around 280.00ish. A lot less than I was originally going to spend, shouldn't complain about that probably. I'll hopefully tell everyone what I think of it in a couple of weeks, good, bad or indifferent, lol. Thanks for everyone's recommendations and believe me y'all made it tough for me. All for a chainsaw, lol, it isn't like a house was being bought....
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:57:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Interesting that they would talk you into a 40cc saw as an only saw.  Especially as a firewood saw.  You want some speed and there will absolutely be a speed difference between a 50 and 40cc saw.  I mean, my climbing saw is a 35cc saw...

IMO there's nothing better than a 50cc saw as a first saw, then add a 70cc saw down the road for bigger stuff.  60cc if you're going to be in bigger stuff or you know you only want one saw for everything ever.  

I would disagree with the salesman's advice...but hopefully you enjoy the saw either way!  It will be a good saw, I just question the fit for your use.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:04:32 AM EDT
[#18]
My 271 farm boss is my preferred saw for slash piles/forest management on my property. Light enough to hump all day. My 391 gets brought out for big stuff or flat land work. Have another one on the farm that was my dads.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:06:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Iamhere:
Stihl all the way.

Can't spell for shit.
View Quote

Never owned a saw but blowers, trimmers and vacs last forever with no repairs.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By eclark53520:
Interesting that they would talk you into a 40cc saw as an only saw.  Especially as a firewood saw.  You want some speed and there will absolutely be a speed difference between a 50 and 40cc saw.  I mean, my climbing saw is a 35cc saw...

IMO there's nothing better than a 50cc saw as a first saw, then add a 70cc saw down the road for bigger stuff.  60cc if you're going to be in bigger stuff or you know you only want one saw for everything ever.  

I would disagree with the salesman's advice...but hopefully you enjoy the saw either way!  It will be a good saw, I just question the fit for your use.
View Quote

The size of trees that we will be cutting was a big part of it. 90%+ of them are under 8"-10", with most of those being under 8". I tend to agree with you, but there are a few other factors that I really haven't went into on here, mainly that I'm crippled up enough from an injury that most people think I probably shouldn't be using a saw. That is why the weight of the saw was a big factor.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:38:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:

They don’t like our extreme heat and cold.
I agree on the ethanol and personally I don’t think the tanker trucks get rinsed when they deliver the next load of fuel. So I don’t think you actually get 100% gasoline. And who knows what other additives you get.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#22]

The size of trees that we will be cutting was a big part of it. 90%+ of them are under 8"-10", with most of those being under 8". I tend to agree with you, but there are a few other factors that I really haven't went into on here, mainly that I'm crippled up enough from an injury that most people think I probably shouldn't be using a saw. That is why the weight of the saw was a big factor.
View All Quotes

I think I would pick up a 14-16” bar and chain to go with that saw. The shorter bar will give you more torque and speed if you get into larger wood from storm damage and might keep you from burning the saw up in hot weather. That bar is way too big for firewood on a 40cc saw. It will be alright for small brush. But I think your salesman is planning on selling you another saw.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Ooooo....So shiny and new.
View Quote

Yeah, they don’t look that good now!

These replaced the old MS251/291’s I had.  

That top handle saw is nice for limbing a downed tree, saves my back as well.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#24]

I think I would pick up a 14-16” bar and chain to go with that saw. The shorter bar will give you more torque and speed if you get into larger wood from storm damage and might keep you from burning the saw up in hot weather. That bar is way too big for firewood on a 40cc saw. It will be alright for small brush. But I think your salesman is planning on selling you another saw.
View Quote

I really don't think that's what they are planning. I ran an 18" bar on other saws that size before and never had any problems. It's not going to do what a 50cc saw is going to do for sure, but it's cutting firewood, not being used every day for making a living. In the end it's a saw, if it doesn't work it can be the small saw and I can get another one. I did get my Stihl 170 back also, it has a 14" bar.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:57:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SixpackinOk] [#25]
Double post..but since I'm editing the saw was only offered with an 18" bar. I'm pretty sure that it is just the new model (not improved necessarily) of the cs400, and uses the same bars and chains.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:29:23 AM EDT
[#26]
I don’t mind a little longer bar on a smaller saw as long as you know what you’ve got and don’t try to bury it in oak. Bending over less is nice.

I know people that cut a lot of firewood with a MS 170. Sure, a bigger saw would work better but they have the time and a small saw is one they can handle.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By King_Mud:
I don’t mind a little longer bar on a smaller saw as long as you know what you’ve got and don’t try to bury it in oak. Bending over less is nice.

I know people that cut a lot of firewood with a MS 170. Sure, a bigger saw would work better but they have the time and a small saw is one they can handle.
View Quote

Like I stated above the little MS170 is the most used saw we have. It rides a lot in the toolbox of the truck. But that little top handle Milwaukee is quickly becoming the favorite. My Son in law is threatening to steal it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Understood.  I think that saw will work fine, and that choice makes more sense considering weight is a big concern.  

Looking forward to the review.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:03:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akcaribouhunter] [#29]
Originally Posted By King_Mud:
I don't mind a little longer bar on a smaller saw as long as you know what you've got and don't try to bury it in oak. Bending over less is nice.

View Quote
My 77yr dad use a ms170 a lot.
16in bar and semi-chisel chain.

Does run the Johnny red 2245 but I need to get a lightweight bar for it. Has a 20in bar on it now as the 18in was a little short for some of the logs we cut.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:04:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#32]

If I had an extra older Echo saw I would send it to you, have you photograph this tuning and porting process, and do a tutorial here in Homestead.  That would make a great thread.

Unfortunately I do not have said saw.  Would love to see that happen.

I guess I need to add that to my "want to learn from youtube" subjects.  The trouble is, you never know if you're going to get somebody who has real knowledge, or an idiot.   And if you're trying to learn, you don't know what you don't know.

View All Quotes

I think it’s our local gasoline. I have a Jonsered brush cutter that does the same thing. But like I said that’s the only complaint I have. Echo is quickly replacing Husqvarna here. Stihl is everywhere now almost all the tractor dealers have them. Then again it may be allergic to the Stihl and Husqvarna two cycle oil mix. I have used both for years. I tuned and ported a pro grade Echo 50 something cc saw for my buddy and opened the muffler just a little and that thing runs like a rapped ape. I would love to switch the sprocket out for 3/8’s and put a full skip or a square cut chain on it. But he’s too tight to play. He runs a MS251 and I can’t stand that saw. In my book the MS251 is a box store saw. It’s really really slow compared to other saws in the same class.

If I had an extra older Echo saw I would send it to you, have you photograph this tuning and porting process, and do a tutorial here in Homestead.  That would make a great thread.

Unfortunately I do not have said saw.  Would love to see that happen.

I guess I need to add that to my "want to learn from youtube" subjects.  The trouble is, you never know if you're going to get somebody who has real knowledge, or an idiot.   And if you're trying to learn, you don't know what you don't know.

I think Photobucket ate the pictures. I found a YouTube video and watched it. Then did a 51 Husqvarna and my buddy’s echo. I had pictures on here when I did it but photobucket nuked them when they did the photo hostage program.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:57:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: motoguy] [#33]
Originally Posted By Buckshot4U:

Looking at Echo's website, it doesn't appear that it's at all dealers.  A local Echo dealer in my area just picked up Stihl.  Their new Stihl display is large and really nice and the old Echo's look like they have been relagated to the red headed step child shelf in the corner.  I'm going to keep an eye out to see if they start discounting them.  This thread has me interested in the Stihl 260 competitor, the CS-501.
View Quote

I purchased a CS-501P and and a 620PW about 8 years ago.  They have been GREAT saws.  I'm very pleased with them.  Heads up, they're turds as delivered by Echo.  Rip off the carb limit caps, adjust the carbs to run properly and you'll be quite pleased.  My 501 pulls a 20" bar and the 620PW has a 24".  

I have 4 028 Supers that I haven't touched since I bought the Echos.  I actually need to clean them up and sell them.  Maybe keep 1 as a back up.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By vic-303:

View Quote
Is it correct that "even" middle numbers (2*6*1) are professional saws and "odd" middle numbers (2*7*1) are homeowner saws?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I use my CS-501 90% of the time.  Smallish, light, and it can handle most of what I need.  When I get a big log that's going to be slow-going on the 520 (or a tree the 20" 520 can't reach through) I pull out the 620PW (24").  The 620 eats quickly.  I also use the PW when noodling those large rounds down to smaller size.  The 620 sure gets heavy after using to the 501.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#36]
If you don’t want to spend the money for a 261, a 250 is the next best power to weight ratio. I’ve cut trees big enough to have to trace the circumference of the trunk with the blade all the way around to cut it all the way. Keep the chain sharp and you’ll never want for a bigger saw.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By motoguy:
Is it correct that "even" middle numbers (2*6*1) are professional saws and "odd" middle numbers (2*7*1) are homeowner saws?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By motoguy:
Originally Posted By vic-303:

Mostly….but it’s not universal….for example the 180 is not a pro saw.

500i (doesn’t seem to follow any rule)
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

A 16" bar isn't much different than an 18 and a 40cc saw will pull an 18 just fine.  Especially when OP said he's mostly working on 10" wood anyway.  

I've run 24" bars on 50cc saws in a pinch.  It's not ideal, but it works.  

I pretty much only run 28" bars now.  Keeps me from bending over so much.  Helps a lot a the end of the day.  I'm less fatigued after a long day of cutting with my 500i and a 28" light bar than bending over constantly and cutting with my 261 and an 18" bar.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#39]

A 16" bar isn't much different than an 18 and a 40cc saw will pull an 18 just fine.  Especially when OP said he's mostly working on 10" wood anyway.  

I've run 24" bars on 50cc saws in a pinch.  It's not ideal, but it works.  

I pretty much only run 28" bars now.  Keeps me from bending over so much.  Helps a lot a the end of the day.  I'm less fatigued after a long day of cutting with my 500i and a 28" light bar than bending over constantly and cutting with my 261 and an 18" bar.
View Quote

Yeah I’ve run a 24” bar with a 3/8 full skip chain and it was not a bad combination on my 50cc saw. That being said I have an older 40cc home light that came with a 18” bar that’s a dog but you switch to the Oregon 14” light with semi chisel chain and it really wakes up. And I fully agree that a longer bar on a 60+ cc saw is a lot easier on the back. My neighbor likes my 20” bar with square cut chain on his Stihl 500i but he’s a short fellow. That combo rips the Yellow pine. I think my 50cc saw has a 18” on it at the moment.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:58:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RodMI] [#40]
I guess I should have said I am looking at Echo saws also, but everyone likes Stihl's so far...thanks everyone.
View Quote

Echo CS501P is a grate saw as Husqvarna 550XP or 543XP is and parts are easier to find. Get a pro saw in the brand you have the most service for.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#41]
If I already have a 261 with 20” bar, would a 400 do anything for me?

Or should I just buy a 500i and be done buying chainsaws for my life?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By wakeboarder:

View Quote

If there’s a chance of big dead hard wood I would go with the MS461 or MS500i. I don’t run a saw near as much as I used to. And I have a Husqvarna 371 and a MS391. I bought the 391 before the 500i came out. It was one of those times I needed a bigger saw and all my local dealers were sold out of professional saws. Disclaimer I have not played with a MS400 yet. But I have run several 261’s and for medium sized timber they are hard to beat.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#43]

If there’s a chance of big dead hard wood I would go with the MS461 or MS500i. I don’t run a saw near as much as I used to. And I have a Husqvarna 371 and a MS391. I bought the 391 before the 500i came out. It was one of those times I needed a bigger saw and all my local dealers were sold out of professional saws. Disclaimer I have not played with a MS400 yet. But I have run several 261’s and for medium sized timber they are hard to beat.
View Quote

I'm pretty out of the loop on the latest Stihl saw line-up as I haven't been in the market for one for years now. But is there a reason the 462 is rarely mentioned these days? When it was coming out, seemed like everyone was very excited about the 462, and for years now I almost never see the model come up anymore.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Well, the saw came in yesterday(Echo CS-4010). I only had one limb off a pecan tree to try it out on today, but my initial impression is that it is going to be a good saw for my purposes. I have my Stihl 170 back now, and it is about a pound lighter, but the Echo just feels lighter running it if that makes sense. For me, it seems better balanced. The Echo is a lightweight saw to begin with. Hopefully I will be able to do some real cutting with it next week and can give a decent report on it. If the CS-501p is as well balanced as the 4010 it would have been easy enough to handle, but for now the 4010 looks like a good saw. Next year now...who knows.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:45:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AMERIKINSHIP] [#45]

View Quote

The only reason I grab my 261 vs my 500i is if I don't feel like dealing with the weight. The 500i isn't super heavy, but you feel it compared to the 261. The power seems fine on the 261 until you try the 500i. I try to use the 261 for limbing and the 500i for everything else.

Depending on what you're doing...I say buy a 500i. It's some coin for sure, but you will be impressed.
@wakeboarder
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AMERIKINSHIP:

The only reason I grab my 261 vs my 500i is if I don't feel like dealing with the weight. The 500i isn't super heavy, but you feel it compared to the 261. The power seems fine on the 261 until you try the 500i. I try to use the 261 for limbing and the 500i for everything else.

Depending on what you're doing...I say buy a 500i. It's some coin for sure, but you will be impressed.
@wakeboarder
View All Quotes

@wakeboarder

Whatever you get get a full wrap handle. They are awesome
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

@wakeboarder

Facts

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

I wouldn't buy a 400 if you already have a 261....obviously a 66cc saw is going to be stronger than the 50cc saw....so if you need another saw and don't want to put up the cash for a 500i, it's an option.

If you have the budget for a 500i just get it.  You will absolutely not be disappointed.  I rarely put my 500i down unless I'm going to be doing a LOT of limbing.

28" light bar on the 500i is perfect IMO.  Unless you're really short < 5' 10" then maybe look at a 25".
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Stihl chainsaws (Page 3 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top