Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:34:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:
Y'all, should I pin this?

On the one hand, nobody seems to see pinned threads.

On the other hand, this seems like a consumer protection kind of thread, and every homesteader should see it.

How can I help make this more visible?

~Kitties
View Quote
I can attest to this, for some reason I never pay attention to pinned threads.    But, I'd say yes for a while.   Hopefully people who have ordered an attachment are following other tractor type websites/forums and see it mentioned there.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:31:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA452] [#3]
Originally Posted By 7:
I can attest to this, for some reason I never pay attention to pinned threads.    But, I'd say yes for a while.   Hopefully people who have ordered an attachment are following other tractor type websites/forums and see it mentioned there.  
View Quote

+1

I rarely notice pinned threads. If they're highlighted that bright green,  I will sometimes notice them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Not looking good for EA/Landshark

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#7]
But maybe better for the people who paid $$$ for an implement that they now will never see and are long past their credit card refund time limit.  Ole' Ted can't sell or hide assets and maybe find a buyer for the business.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:58:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Merlin:
But maybe better for the people who paid $$$ for an implement that they now will never see and are long past their credit card refund time limit.  Ole' Ted can't sell or hide assets and maybe find a buyer for the business.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Absolutely.  He was trying to offload assets to family members to shelter from inevitable judgments from the bank case and the neill grading case.  The court put a cease and desist, and now it appears the court is in the process of ordering the sale of assets.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I do not have the power to highlight with color.

I have asked Site Staff to do so.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm still stunned by this - I have several pieces of equipment from them.

That said, I got my grapple from MTL  and it has been absolutely solid despite the abuse I throw at it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 3:40:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Webpage is finally down

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:15:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Now where do I find a ~66” grapple?

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:50:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#16]
Originally Posted By wakeboarder:
Now where do I find a ~66” grapple?

View Quote

@wakeboarder

I’d give Catawba Attachments a call.  They offer at least one 66” grapple that I know of and they are made in the USA.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

@wakeboarder

I’d give Catawba Attachments a call.  They offer at least one 66” grapple that I know of and they are made in the USA.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:55:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#18]
Now where do I find a ~66" grapple?

View Quote
Bunch of places have grapples.  I got mine from Skid Steer Attachment Depot in Huntsville AL.  About a third the price of an EA grapple.  

The bigger question is:  Do you really want a 66" grapple?  On FELs, the heavier the implement, the less the weight capacity.

I've never regretted my 48":

This is the highest I could lift this Shagbark Hickory trunk.  The tree fell down during a microburst, coming within 4" of the house (see the tree branches behind the blue barrel).   To get it on a trailer, we had to use my neighbor's 95 hp Kubota tractor with forks.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Bunch of places have grapples.  I got mine from Skid Steer Attachment Depot in Huntsville AL.  About a third the price of an EA grapple.  

The bigger question is:  Do you really want a 66" grapple?  On FELs, the heavier the implement, the less the weight capacity.

https://i.imgur.com/DaPT0rP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1IPRqlq.jpg

This is the highest I could lift this Shagbark Hickory trunk.  The tree fell down during a microburst, coming within 4" of the house (see the tree branches behind the blue barrel).   To get it on a trailer, we had to use my neighbor's 95 hp Kubota tractor with forks.

https://i.imgur.com/by4gi2I.jpg

View All Quotes

Excellent point. Shorter width grapple is less weight equaling larger log carrying capacity.  

Now if all one wants to do is clear land of brush, roots and pile brush etc, a wider width may be more suited for that type of work.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:16:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Are you having that log made into lumber?

Really glad it didn't hit your house.

View All Quotes

Are you having that log made into lumber?

Really glad it didn't hit your house.

No I gave it to my neighbor so he could get it milled.  My sawyer won't do Hickory.  

I made this anvil stand out of the stump though:

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:22:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Excellent point. Shorter width grapple is less weight equaling larger log carrying capacity.  

Now if all one wants to do is clear land of brush, roots and pile brush etc, a wider width may be more suited for that type of work.

View All Quotes

Like this?  Piece of cake.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#24]
No I gave it to my neighbor so he could get it milled.  My sawyer won't do Hickory.  

I made this anvil stand out of the stump though:

https://i.imgur.com/kdfStEZ.jpg
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Untacking for visibility.

Y'all will have to let me know when you think this knowledge has gotten to everyone who might be affected.
View Quote
The mod unlocked the OTT thread linked above.  Someone just posted there a couple days ago that they were thinking of buying an EA grapple, but then found the OTT thread.

I say keep it up.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 1:39:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#27]
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:27:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks to this thread, I found out that EA closed their doors. I filed a dispute with my CC company at the end of February, I was actually surprised I was still able to do so since it had been almost 6 months since I placed the order. The dispute was finalized this morning, and I got all of my money back for the brush cutter that I ordered.

Everything Attachments had great implements. I have 6 of them for my tractor right now. What a loss.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Eight:
Thanks to this thread, I found out that EA closed their doors. I filed a dispute with my CC company at the end of February, I was actually surprised I was still able to do so since it had been almost 6 months since I placed the order. The dispute was finalized this morning, and I got all of my money back for the brush cutter that I ordered.

Everything Attachments had great implements. I have 6 of them for my tractor right now. What a loss.

Thanks for the info.
View Quote

Outstanding!
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#30]

Thanks for the info.
View Quote

Great news!!

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:20:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Thanks for the info.
View Quote

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top