Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2015 7:14:29 PM EDT
Tis the season. Tonight through New Years Eve is the most active time of year. Who's going to tune around and listen for them?
Most active is between  6925 to 6955 kHz but they have been known to stray.
Post up who, when, freq and format if you hear any.

Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I might be listening.

Are they typically SSB,or AM, or......???
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
AM mostly and USB sometimes . I tune around in USB (easier to detect a carrier) then when carrier detected I try AM. Weak AM stations usually need tuned in on USB for me to hear them anyways.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:06:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Last New Years was the first time I did it and it was great.  One really strong station was playing all sorts of soothing retro music.  Heard this there for the first time and I liked it.

Link Posted: 12/25/2015 12:23:42 AM EDT
[#4]
So far I haven't heard a peep. Then again I'm on an indoor wire.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Waiting for a line of thunderstorms to blow through so I can reconnect my antenna...
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Last New Years was the first time I did it and it was great.  One really strong station was playing all sorts of soothing retro music.  Heard this there for the first time and I liked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCROkG4SKao
View Quote

that's a great song

classic live album

Link Posted: 12/26/2015 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCROkG4SKao
View Quote

Nice! I haven't hear the name Little Feat in a long time.
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Glad you guys liked the Little Feat.  That station was playing all sorts of stuff like that on New Year's Eve.

I'm tuning around tonight and have a bad wide local noise across that part of the band.  I guess that's good though because it used to show up in the CW part of 40 meters.

I hear several Spanish speaking freebanders at 6900 and 6905 LSB with 100% copy and some others off and on around that.  No pirate broadcasters so far but I'll be listening New Year's Eve!

ETA: Fixed freqs...
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 11:40:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be listening on NYE also. I'll be on an indoor wire until the brown Santa brings my AH-4 and fixins.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 12:07:53 AM EDT
[#10]
More power to them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top