Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2009 3:06:35 PM EDT
Hey Gents
 Few years back they sold this Hard plastic camo sled ,it was about 5ft long by 20inches wide ,it was like 40 bucks ,Anyway this was perfect for my area that i hunt in for taking my deer out of the woods .Anybody remeber this Product ?,trying to locate one but not Having any luck ,Any info or Links would help .

THANKS
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Like this one:

Cabelas Deer Sled

Or this one from Sportsmans Guide:

Sportsmans Guide Version

Link Posted: 9/23/2009 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
save your money.  I had one of the rollup kind and the first deer I dragged broke it.  the dragging rope pulled thru the hole and the little strap tabs on the sides ripped off.

get something more substantial than the flimsy dead sled.

Link Posted: 9/23/2009 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#3]
We use a toboggon (sp?) from walmart to drag boned out elk. I made handels out of PVC zip tie one on top so nothing can fall out and start heading for the road. I'll try and find a pic
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Then you used the Dead Sled wrong.  The rope goes through the hole then around the deers neck.  You pull the deer, not the sled.
I use a Dead Sled if I need something portable or a bright green toboggan from Menards if weight doesn't matter.

Quoted:
save your money.  I had one of the rollup kind and the first deer I dragged broke it.  the dragging rope pulled thru the hole and the little strap tabs on the sides ripped off.

get something more substantial than the flimsy dead sled.

Link Posted: 9/24/2009 4:06:11 PM EDT
[#5]
IowaRedneck when you get a chance, would like to see a picture of the sled your talking about ,sounds about what i need THANKS
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I have better pics some where but this is the only one on the pc. We load it down then use a 2nd sled and clamshell it with  zip ties.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top