Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2010 2:52:10 PM EDT
had a camera stolen from me in the last two days.  went there sunday to fill feeder and check pictures then my father went in there this morning and the battery pack and camera (lock and all) were gone.  Someone went in there  with the intent of stealing my camera.  It was locked to the tree with a steel cable and a masterlock.  This really pisses me off.  If i find the person who took it i will take everything they have in the woods and cut the tree down that they have their stand in.  My question is, is there a small gps chip i can get and hide it in the camera so if my nect camera gets stolen i can just send the cops to the house to get it.  Not looking to spend a whole lot of money either.  next camera is going to be 15 feet up in the tree where noone looks.  funny thing is that they left my feeder and ladder stand in there and only took the camera.

going to make signs up and hang them all over the woods saying there is a theif hunting there and a picture of what kind of camera and battery pack it was.
Link Posted: 2/3/2010 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude I know its a real pisser, I have had several tree stands stolen from way back in the boondocks.  In fact I barely wanted to carry them in there.   But I have found that unless you have proof of who took it, its best just to let it go.   It will just eat you up thinking about how someone could be such a selfish prick and how you could get them back.   I have found that it is true, what goes around comes around.   They will get theirs, don't waste what free time you have being focused on losers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2010 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#2]
yes there is such an item. do a google search. it really does exist
Link Posted: 2/3/2010 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have looked through google for two hours and have come up with nothing like what i am looking for.  Found a cool voice changer for $25 i may buy to mess with people...LOL.   If anyone has something like this or knows of something like what i want please let me know
Link Posted: 2/5/2010 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/8/2010 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a remote thing you can get for moultries that send the pics to a website. they might steal the camera, but you will always have a recording of it. I have thought about getting one for my camera, just so I can moniter without driving there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2010 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is a remote thing you can get for moultries that send the pics to a website. they might steal the camera, but you will always have a recording of it. I have thought about getting one for my camera, just so I can moniter without driving there.

i looked into that but it's expensive.  Like 200 for the camera 175 for the satelite thing and 12 or so per month for the service.  Not really into spending $400-600 on a camera

Link Posted: 2/11/2010 5:30:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I had the SD card stolen from one of my cameras this year. The camera was just bungeed to the tree. I guess we just had a trespasser/poacher, and not a "true" thief.
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#8]
You might want to look into this.  If the battery lasted more than 5 days I would order one.

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/covert-small-gps-tracking-device.html?zmam=85491576&zmas=1&zmac=2&zmap=079-GPS-SPARK
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Forget the GPS unless you think he is going to leave it in the back of his truck.  More than likely it will be in the floor board of his truck or inside his house where you won't be able to pick it up.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Forget the GPS unless you think he is going to leave it in the back of his truck.  More than likely it will be in the floor board of his truck or inside his house where you won't be able to pick it up.  

I don't care where it is.  i will break into the truck to get it back or atleast cause as much damage as the camera cost.  Nothing pisses me off more than someone who steals someone elses shit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2010 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#11]
this last year i had a two man tree stand stolen, my electronic feeder shot repeatedly, and a camera smashed cause they could not get if off the tree. See where i hunt nobody would here these assholes screaming so they better pray i never catch them. so trust me i know how you feel.
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
this last year i had a two man tree stand stolen, my electronic feeder shot repeatedly, and a camera smashed cause they could not get if off the tree. See where i hunt nobody would here these assholes screaming so they better pray i never catch them. so trust me i know how you feel.

That sucks.  they didn"t go that far.  They lift my feededand tree stand.  The feeder is a brand new feeder with a 5 gallon bucket and feeder.  The thing that gets me is that the feeder was only tied to a I hook screwed in the tree and could have been easily taken in 5 mins.   and the tree stand is a 15 foot ladder that was held on by the same kind of lock used to secure the camera.  and neither one of those were messed with.  Guess they only wanted my camera
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top