BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sea2summit:

SOF guys do, don't think any other nations do.  Brits had some for testing before they went LMT I think?  

I can say KACs have a fairly high number of issues out of the box to include whatever color that is supposed to be that they paint them.  Takes some work to get one running like it should.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:
Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:
Originally Posted By Garby0331:
Well, LMT's have been to war.

Has a OBR ever fired a round in anger?

You do realize lots of SOF guys, the AMU, and other folks have been using OBRs for a while.

IIRC, the International Sniper Comp has been won by teams fielding OBRs.
I dont think the AMU deploys as a unit, and they probably wont be taking the unit weapons with them when the members catch deployments with other units. So the fact that the AMU may have OBRs is irrelevant.    SOF does whatever SOF wants, obviously, but they also have been know to have GAP10s at the competitions. What they use overseas, no idea, I have never seen any evidence either way, safe assumption would be KAC rifles, as they can be found through military channels.  

Who else uses OBRs overseas? Honest question.

SOF guys do, don't think any other nations do.  Brits had some for testing before they went LMT I think?  

I can say KACs have a fairly high number of issues out of the box to include whatever color that is supposed to be that they paint them.  Takes some work to get one running like it should.

Like what?  Also what generation of SR-25?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Jeepsnguns81:

View All Quotes

You do realize lots of SOF guys, the AMU, and other folks have been using OBRs for a while.

I dont think the AMU deploys as a unit, and they probably wont be taking the unit weapons with them when the members catch deployments with other units. So the fact that the AMU may have OBRs is irrelevant.    SOF does whatever SOF wants, obviously, but they also have been know to have GAP10s at the competitions. What they use overseas, no idea, I have never seen any evidence either way, safe assumption would be KAC rifles, as they can be found through military channels.  

My issues:
-A new one was painted gold, had to be repainted before we would take it out of the arms room.  
-Suppressor sucks, the pin mechanism that holds it on was very loose and not secure.  Would work its self loose while shooting or rucking and had to be constantly checked between firing positions if it was left installed.
-Several of the magazines we're not reliable, additional/replacement magazines are hard to get (take forever to work through the supply system).
-Not going to blame it on the rifle per se but we had an ND in the back of a stryker. Safety selector possibly messed with by other soldiers getting in the vehicle and with the right bump it launched a round into the floor board.
-All the parts started rattling around pretty good after a few months of use: trigger would move laterally, upper/lower very loose fit, magazines would drop free, stuff like that.
-Another deployment we got a refurb that was a less stupid gold color but still gold.  The kit was also incomplete but we're pretty sure it got pilfered enroute so magazines etc etc all over again took a lot of time to get the system in the fight.

Those are the only 110's I worked with.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Most of those issues sound like user maintenance issues and not issues with M110's out of the box as you claimed earlier.  

People treating M110's like they were just big ARs are asking for issues.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:24:00 PM EDT
[#4]

My issues:
-A new one was painted gold, had to be repainted before we would take it out of the arms room.  
-Suppressor sucks, the pin mechanism that holds it on was very loose and not secure.  Would work its self loose while shooting or rucking and had to be constantly checked between firing positions if it was left installed.
-Several of the magazines we're not reliable, additional/replacement magazines are hard to get (take forever to work through the supply system).
-Not going to blame it on the rifle per se but we had an ND in the back of a stryker. Safety selector possibly messed with by other soldiers getting in the vehicle and with the right bump it launched a round into the floor board.
-All the parts started rattling around pretty good after a few months of use: trigger would move laterally, upper/lower very loose fit, magazines would drop free, stuff like that.
-Another deployment we got a refurb that was a less stupid gold color but still gold.  The kit was also incomplete but we're pretty sure it got pilfered enroute so magazines etc etc all over again took a lot of time to get the system in the fight.

Those are the only 110's I worked with.

View Quote

Looking over your list, I only see one issue related to the function of the rifle itself, any idea if this particular unit had been "worked on"?  Also curious to how much heavy use it had seen.  Most of the complaints I have seen or heard centered around earlier generations of the SR25 and not with the current rifles being offered for sale.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:03:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LaRue_Tactical] [#5]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#6]
As well they should, I love your mounts.

Did the Brits say why they didnt pick up the OBR?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

I'm not sure who else uses them overseas. Pretty sure various US SOF using overseas, not just in competitions. Somewhere, I have pics on my computer of an ODA team using it during training.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 9:00:19 AM EDT
[#8]
You know what becomes readily apparent to me?

Mr Larue loves him some internet drama
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By hkx3:

View Quote

Its pretty apparent to me that of these folks take these threads and comments pretty damn serious lol.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By skelt11:

Its pretty apparent to me that of these folks take these threads and comments pretty damn serious lol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By skelt11:

It's pretty apparent to all of us that you didn't pay much attention to your 2nd Grade English class.

In all seriousness, I think OP got what he needed from this thread to make the best purchase for his situation.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 9:14:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#11]

LMTs are issued by the Brits right now, as the L129A1.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Space-One275:

Because that has any relevance to this thread.....

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130323124354/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/d/dc/Meme_face_mad.jpg

He's asking to trade an issued weapon of war for an untested range toy.

I think that's relevant

Strangely I've never seen an LMT in combat or even heard anyone talk about one but Larue on the other hand...

LMTs are issued by the Brits right now, as the L129A1.

Have the LM8, with a 16" C/L barrel and an 18" SS SPR tube.
Great shooter with either barrel. Wouldn't trade it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 8:09:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JonLSU] [#13]
Personally I would trade it, but I wanted the OBR originally.  I had one on order literally the day after Larue killed their military/leo discount program.  After about 12 months of waiting I came across a 16in SS lmt slickside and they offered the discount so I cancelled the larue since it was about $500 cheaper.

I'd actually prefer the lmt lower with the larue upper.  My lmt shoots awesome, but for some reason I still want a larue rifle.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 7:11:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By LaRue_Tactical:

View All Quotes

Mr. LaRue loves him some internet drama

I think it's awesome that you are here on the forums with us..
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 3:11:59 PM EDT
[#15]
As a previous owner of an obr (sold to buy new truck) I can say they are great shooting rifles but absolute boat anchors.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Dsparil:
As a previous owner of an obr (sold to buy new truck) I can say they are great shooting rifles but absolute boat anchors.
View Quote

I train by dual wielding FALs.

I've heard the MWSs can get pretty heavy when they're accessorized as well.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Dsparil:
View Quote

They all are.  I have an LMT MWS.  The only .308 rifle that's "less" of a boat anchor is the SCAR 17.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 5:41:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackfoot_7] [#18]
The amount of typical Internet bullshit in this thread is beyond ridiculous.

OP, if the LMT isn't meeting your requirements, trade it.  Would I trade my LMT? No.  Do what you feel is right.

ETA:  Nevermind. Looks like Mark is bored out of his mind and has resorted to necroposting.  This thread died last year.  

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#19]

OBRs have no emotion chip.

View All Quotes

OBRs have no emotion chip.

Have they ever been slide down a driveway?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm late to the part here but I have a LMT MWS that I would definitely trade for a PredatOBR.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:07:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Mopseydocks6014:
I'm late to the part here but I have a LMT MWS that I would definitely trade for a PredatOBR.
View Quote

Not sure what part but yeah, about a year too late
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:27:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LaRue_Tactical] [#22]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top