Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 6:50:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: alpha0815] [#1]
Well I just jumped on board and ordered the Noveske. Too good of option to pass up. Plus a little Fathers Day 10% off.

Hopefully I don’t regret passing up the Lilja
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
Well I just jumped on board and ordered the Noveske. Too good of option to pass up. Plus a little Fathers Day 10% off.

Hopefully I don’t regret passing up the Lilja
View Quote

You made a good choice.  The Noveske is a laser.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 3:44:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: alpha0815] [#3]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

You made a good choice.  The Noveske is a laser.
View Quote

@JohnnyUtah427

Just curious, what did your headspace card show for the JP bolt?

Attachment Attached File

Also, gas port pin gauged at .086”  Wondering if that’s considered “gassy” for 6 ARC or not.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone have experience with the 400MODBB steel Bartlien is offfering? Is it living up to it 50-100% longer life? Accuracy on par with the other barrels? Going through the decision making process for a 6arc build.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SpeyRod:
Does anyone have experience with the 400MODBB steel Bartlien is offfering? Is it living up to it 50-100% longer life? Accuracy on par with the other barrels? Going through the decision making process for a 6arc build.
View Quote

Are you worried about barrel life on the ARC? Initial reports were expecting 5k but I was listening to a podcast earlier with some Texas Predator Hunting guy that has been testing it for some time now. Seems like closer to 10k may be possible.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Are you worried about barrel life on the ARC? Initial reports were expecting 5k but I was listening to a podcast earlier with some Texas Predator Hunting guy that has been testing it for some time now. Seems like closer to 10k may be possible.
View Quote

Dang! That pretty good. I’m an accountant, all my special orders automatically go through a cost benefit analysis. If the 400mod is 36% more expensive and I get 50% more useable life it makes sense. It’s the curse of my line of work.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#7]

@JohnnyUtah427

Just curious, what did your headspace card show for the JP bolt?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/DE3E61C1-B552-4F3E-A18E-712AD2CFAF68_jpe-2862561.JPG

Also, gas port pin gauged at .086”  Wondering if that’s considered “gassy” for 6 ARC or not.
View Quote

My card is marked with the 1.1921”.

My gas port pinned the same as yours.  I also am not sure what a good port size is for these barrels.  Noveske is known to port their barrels on the stronger side to assure reliability.   I’ve had no issues and runs great.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#8]

My card is marked with the 1.1921”.

My gas port pinned the same as yours.  I also am not sure what a good port size is for these barrels.  Noveske is known to port their barrels on the stronger side to assure reliability.   I’ve had no issues and runs great.
View Quote

Good to know, thanks. I find it odd they have different measurements for headspace of the same caliber. But I only know 5.56 / 223. So I guess that means mine is a little tighter?

I’m going to roll with it as is to start. If it’s a little overgassed (as Noveske is known for) then I may step it down with a BRT tube. But for a precision rig, it won’t bother me much.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Good to know, thanks. I find it odd they have different measurements for headspace of the same caliber. But I only know 5.56 / 223. So I guess that means mine is a little tighter?

I’m going to roll with it as is to start. If it’s a little overgassed (as Noveske is known for) then I may step it down with a BRT tube. But for a precision rig, it won’t bother me much.
View Quote

I think that matches the SAAMi prints, but Alpha reamers and a few others have reduced that a bit to more closely align with the factory ammo. Factory Hornady brass is in the 1.180 range for 105/108 loaded ammo, so you won’t have any tight chambering with a 1.191 HS.

My bolt gun is set at 1.182.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#10]
It’s alive! Noveske 18” barrel, JP bolt, JP CTR-02 receiver.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#11]
^^  That looks good.  Let us know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:56:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: alpha0815] [#12]
^^  That looks good.  Let us know how it shoots.
View Quote

@JohnnyUtah427

Question, what buffer and spring are you using?

This lower I’m using for 6 ARC was previously on an 18” Grendel that ran fine. T2 buffer and Tubbs flat wire spring.
It will not reliably cycle and pickup a new round off mag. Just enough to cock the hammer each time.

So there was that, I showed up to the range with a single shot.
Brand new, it’s promising though. I can tell it needs to get broken in. These were shots 6-11

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#13]

@JohnnyUtah427

Question, what buffer and spring are you using?

This lower I’m using for 6 ARC was previously on an 18” Grendel that ran fine. T2 buffer and Tubbs flat wire spring.
It will not reliably cycle and pickup a new round off mag. Just enough to cock the hammer each time.

So there was that, I showed up to the range with a single shot.
Brand new, it’s promising though. I can tell it needs to get broken in. These were shots 6-11

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/IMG_6956_jpeg-2895432.JPG
View Quote

Running H3 buffer with milspec carbine spring…as recommended by Noveske.

Although I don’t see why it’s not picking up the round with your current setup.   These barrels are gassed on the strong side.  But I’d start with using milspec or Noveske made H3 buffer and spring.  Keep us posted.

Link Posted: 7/24/2023 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Running H3 buffer with milspec carbine spring…as recommended by Noveske.

Although I don’t see why it’s not picking up the round with your current setup.   These barrels are gassed on the strong side.  But I’d start with using milspec or Noveske made H3 buffer and spring.  Keep us posted.

View Quote

Yeah I’ve never known Noveske to not provide plenty of gas. Kind of odd deal here.

I’m almost leaning towards these 2 ASC mags I bought. I’m going to go out with my tried and true E-Lander and C-Products Grendel mags next time to see what happens. These ASC mags are very tight in the lower.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Yeah I’ve never known Noveske to not provide plenty of gas. Kind of odd deal here.

I’m almost leaning towards these 2 ASC mags I bought. I’m going to go out with my tried and true E-Lander and C-Products Grendel mags next time to see what happens. These ASC mags are very tight in the lower.
View Quote

Those are your cerakoted mags right?
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Those are your cerakoted mags right?
View Quote

They came from ASC like that, but yes…they appear to be Cerakoted.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:59:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Just picked up a faxon 16 inch barrel to hold me over until I can get my hands on a noveske or similar. Should have some groups and possibly some velocity info by Sunday.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 7:10:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0gilthorpe] [#18]
I just bought and finished building a 20" sixfiveoutfitters 6mm arc barrel ar. Literally just got home form last minute school supply and ammo shopping since the arc ammo I ordered still hasn't even shipped. Plan is to hit the range tomorrow with 103g eldx.

I figure if things go well, I'll post a report, and if things don't, I'll just *forget* about it?
Link Posted: 8/14/2023 7:55:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0gilthorpe] [#19]

Hornady factory 103gn eldx
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#20]
^ Nice shooting.  6ARC really does make it easy.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#21]
^ Nice shooting.  6ARC really does make it easy.
View Quote

Thank you, and agreed, which is why I think I can do better. Should be able to hit a range next week and put some 108gn eldm through it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Finally got my Noveske running. Turns out I was getting a lot of gas bypass at the block / tube interface. Went with a Trajectory Arms gas tube and SOLGW gas block...combined with a small amount of Loctite 620 on the gas tube where it's supposed to seal.

Problem solved, reliable cycling.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Finally got my Noveske running. Turns out I was getting a lot of gas bypass at the block / tube interface. Went with a Trajectory Arms gas tube and SOLGW gas block...combined with a small amount of Loctite 620 on the gas tube where it's supposed to seal.

Problem solved, reliable cycling.
View Quote

Glad you got it running..

Never had that issue with noveske barrels, and I have 5 of them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Has anyone tried the compass lake/criterion barrel?
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By bzugger:
Has anyone tried the compass lake/criterion barrel?
View Quote

I know a lot of people have had good luck with Criterion, but I'm 0/3 with them.  Won't try them again, personally.  

That said, full faith and confidence in CLE.  My Bartlein 6mm ARC barrel from them is a hammer.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By LedZeppelin:

I know a lot of people have had good luck with Criterion, but I'm 0/3 with them.  Won't try them again, personally.  

That said, full faith and confidence in CLE.  My Bartlein 6mm ARC barrel from them is a hammer.
View Quote

Which ones and what was wrong with them?

I’ve had great success with 2 of them, but they weren’t intended to be precision units.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 2:27:14 AM EDT
[#27]
For most of my rifles I use Bartlein or Proof Research

I still have one rifle with a Pacnor

I went with an 18” Proof research for my 6mm Arc build because I got great deal on it at the time.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:07:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#28]
Finally got a chance to stretch the legs on my 20” Proof CF 6 ARC.

Really was just trueing my data, working from 400y out in 100y increments, so didn’t have a ton of ammo with me, but landed 6/6 on an IPSC steel silhouette at 1060yds.  Kind of shocked me as the 103gr ELD-X should be going transsonic at about 950ish yds with my velocity, but winds were fairly calm so that was a big help.

Anyways, they ain’t cheap, but I’m 4/4 with very good results out of Proof AR barrels.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Couldn’t drive out to the 1000y line as there were too many people on the firing line to go cold.  Tried through the scope without too much luck.  

Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top