Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2012 5:48:44 AM EDT

This cell phone has a sucky camera

Breakfast is 4 eggs, 3ish oz of crumbled ground beef, 1/4 cup shredded cheese all together as an egg scramble, sliced tomato, and whey protein shake.

Link Posted: 5/8/2012 5:54:22 AM EDT
[#1]
gun fail...

I see a decided lack of Glock...

Link Posted: 5/8/2012 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I keep the hand grenades in the other room
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 5:59:00 AM EDT
[#3]
breakfast fail: no bacon
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 5:46:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Egg Muffins

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 7:19:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Technically, the only thing that makes them muffins is that they are cooked in a muffin pan.

They are paleo/primal.  I killed the hog for the bacon with my bow and arrow.  

ETA:  It shouldn't matter with all that high carb milk you're drinking.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 7:22:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Looks damn tasty.  Recipe?

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#10]
surely...

7 eggs
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of Half and Half ( I just eyeball it), milk would work here as well.  I had half and half available this morning.
Pepper to taste
Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
Crushed Red Pepper to taste (optional)
roughly 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese
6 pieces of bacon
roughly 1/2 cup of fresh, washed spinach

You can add almost anything you want, ham, tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, etc...  These I made had bacon, ham and spinach in them.  Sometimes I throw in whatever was left over from dinner the prior night, shredded pork, chicken, etc.

Mix everything like a scrambled egg, including the cheese.  Hold bacon or other solid ingredients.

Grease a muffin pan. I used butter to grease the cups.  Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.  Shred and add bacon or other solid ingredients to each cup.

Set oven to 350 degrees and bake for 18-22 minutes.  Total prep time is about 5-10 minutes if your bacon is already cooked.

General Notes:  You don't have to make them like muffins.  It's really a quiche minus the pastry crust.  You could put them in pyrex and bake the same way.  I make them like this because my daughter will eat them as muffins but not a square cut from a pyrex dish.    In fact it's probably better to make them in a pyrex dish because no matter how well greased my muffin pan happens to be, I always get some burned on the muffin pan and muffin pans are a pain in the ass to clean.

Also, I used 7 eggs because I had 7 left this morning and didn't want to have one egg just sitting in my fridge.  Usually I use 6 eggs.  Usually 1 egg is good for one muffin, depending on how much junk you put in your cups.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

surely...

7 eggs

1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of Half and Half ( I just eyeball it), milk would work here as well.  I had half and half available this morning.

Pepper to taste

Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)

Crushed Red Pepper to taste (optional)

roughly 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese

6 pieces of bacon

roughly 1/2 cup of fresh, washed spinach

You can add almost anything you want, ham, tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, etc...  These I made had bacon, ham and spinach in them.  Sometimes I throw in whatever was left over from dinner the prior night, shredded pork, chicken, etc.

Mix everything like a scrambled egg, including the cheese.  Hold bacon or other solid ingredients.

Grease a muffin pan. I used butter to grease the cups.  Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.  Shred and add bacon or other solid ingredients to each cup.

Set oven to 350 degrees and bake for 18-22 minutes.  Total prep time is about 5-10 minutes if your bacon is already cooked.

General Notes:  You don't have to make them like muffins.  It's really a quiche minus the pastry crust.  You could put them in pyrex and bake the same way.  I make them like this because my daughter will eat them as muffins but not a square cut from a pyrex dish.    In fact it's probably better to make them in a pyrex dish because no matter how well greased my muffin pan happens to be, I always get some burned on the muffin pan and muffin pans are a pain in the ass to clean.

Also, I used 7 eggs because I had 7 left this morning and didn't want to have one egg just sitting in my fridge.  Usually I use 6 eggs.  Usually 1 egg is good for one muffin, depending on how much junk you put in your cups.

Brilliant.  Much appreciated.  Going to try it tomorrow morning after the gym.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top