Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2012 1:17:35 PM EDT
Right now, I only have any weights, except for a 25 lb dumbbell and a 15 lb dumbell. I don't have a membership to a gym unfortunately.

What are some exercises for strengthening the back with say a dumbbell or without? I need to improve my posture and such.

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Right now, I only have any weights, except for a 25 lb dumbbell and a 15 lb dumbell. I don't have a membership to a gym unfortunately.

What are some exercises for strengthening the back with say a dumbbell or without? I need to improve my posture and such.

You could probably figure out a way to do reverse hypers...
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Or buy some Bands and do band Good mornings...

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Deadlift your furniture and squat a back pack full of ammo.

Also Walmart has 100# barbell set for like $40. I used to do a shit ton of front squats and deads with just that.....something like 25x5 worked well for me.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Deadlift your furniture and squat a back pack full of ammo.

Also Walmart has 100# barbell set for like $40. I used to do a shit ton of front squats and deads with just that.....something like 25x5 worked well for me.

Yep, front squats with low weight is one of the best overall workouts you can do...especially for your back.

Also something simple like flutter kicks, situps/crunches, and planks are all good for your back.  Don't neglect the stretching as is it just as important as the working out/weights.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#5]
What about the Turkish getup?  It works damn near everything.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

What about the Turkish getup?  It works damn near everything.

Damn, I might be too uncoordinated for that.

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:52:29 AM EDT
[#8]
This.  Also pullups and decline pushups.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top