Site Notices
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 3:06:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ctfish15:
https://i.imgur.com/vs7yLRd.jpeg

Easy construction. Nice idea.  I added a plywood sheet across bottom to prevent chipping floor.  

Room for more plates when I get stronger!

https://www.catalystathletics.com/article/48/Quick-Dirty-Plate-Rack/
View Quote

Fitness Reality Rack?

Give us a view of the whole setup.

ETA Since I got page ownership I need to post a pic

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/25/2023 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up an almost new bare steel Ohio deadlift bar from a local for $250, smoking deal. My DL been stalled for 7 months, and actually regressed at times, was hoping this would help breakthrough my plateau. But one session with it so far, I'm a bit less stable using it, so looks like I have to get used to the extra whip.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:56:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ctfish15] [#3]
Added another 6" board onto the plate rack to make barbell storage (vertical). Holds the Olympic bar and the rogue aluminum kids bar. (Also 2" size).

Link Posted: 11/27/2023 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]
The other day I was doing bench press and when I looked up, I noticed one of the bolts through a pulley wheel on the pull-down system looked odd. On closer look, the nylock nut had almost come off.

So, don't forget to check that stuff occasionally.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 3:08:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ctfish15] [#5]
@currahee

Fitness reality rack 2810Q ($100 craigslist new)
Olympic plate and bar and bench set ($300 craigslist used)
Ava kids bar ($25 craigslist used)
Stall mats qty 2 of 4x6 $50 ea tractor supply
Micro plates set Amazon $20
Dip set Amazon $20
Stronglifts app free

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm about one year into committing to the home gym. Prior to that, I had a set of adjustable dumbbells, a couple of kettlebells, rowing machine, and spin bike. About a year ago I decided to go all-in so that I could train exactly the way that I like, when I like. I also wanted my son to grow up around it, seeing me (and my wife, who still maintains a gym membership) incorporating fitness into our lives. I also went for "Made in USA" as much as I could.

Current inventory:

- Rogue Monster Lite half rack, 24" depth (I can convert this into a 6 post later if I like), multi grip pull up bar, landmine
- Rogue dip bars
- Rogue adjustable bench 3.0 stainless
- Rogue stainless Ohio Bar
- Rogue e-coat curl bar
- Fringe Sport full size axle bar
- 550 lbs of bumpers
- Iron Master adjustable dumbbells
- Sandbags at 40, 60, 100, 150 lbs
- Rogue e-coat kettlebells at 16 kg x 2, 24 kg x 2, 32 kg x 2, and 40 kg
- Misc kettlebells at 15 lb x 2, 16 kg, and one iron master adjustable
- Chalk
- Dip belt
- Gymreapers military band set
- Deadlift jacks
- BC Strength glute bench
- Gornation Parallettes
- Gornation rings (hanging on pull up bars)
- Rogue Echo Bike V3
- Rep fitness flooring mats (3/4" rubber)
- Gymnext Flex clock

Not pictured:
- Schwinn IC3 spin bike
- Waterrower rowing machine

Incoming:
- Rogue ceiling ring hanger
- Rogue wall mount barbell rack
- Rep Fitness plyo box
- 200 lb sandbag

Still want:
- Rep fitness Adonis single stack cable machine (when it finally gets released)
- [Maybe] C2 Ski Erg

In all, yeah...this costs money. But I think it's been the single greatest investment in myself that I've ever made, save for education. I love the ability to just walk out to the garage and work hard. Even better is how much my young son is into it, to the point he's been over the moon with his toy barbell/dumbbells/kettlebell/medicine ball and wants to emulate me all the time.

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#7]
@currahee

Fitness reality rack 2810Q ($100 craigslist new)
Olympic plate and bar and bench set ($300 craigslist used)
Ava kids bar ($25 craigslist used)
Stall mats qty 2 of 4x6 $50 ea tractor supply
Micro plates set Amazon $20
Dip set Amazon $20
Stronglifts app free

https://i.imgur.com/2k2GXoY.jpeg
View Quote
Good functional set up, only thing I'd think it needs is a cable pull and you can do that for around $50
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Currahee:
Good functional set up, only thing I'd think it needs is a cable pull and you can do that for around $50
View Quote

I could attempt pullups (with my fat ass, don't get too far). What would the cable pulley do?

I know it can be added to the rack.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#9]

I could attempt pullups (with my fat ass, don't get too far). What would the cable pulley do?

View Quote

The benefit of cables is consistent resistance throughout range of motion. I find it particular useful for targeting weak points
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I just added a couple of cable towers to my garage gym.
I was looking at functional trainers but this option was cheaper and takes up less space. It also allowed me to set them slightly further apart than a FT so I can get more angle on flyes etc.

Link Posted: 12/7/2023 9:24:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#11]

View Quote
The main exercise I do, lat pull down, replaces pull ups. I can not do pull ups in sets large enough to do what I want.  

It also allows me to do some other exercises, face
pulls and tricep pull downs are biggies.  All for under $100, I'm talking about a single pulley and cable, couple of handles.

Plus I like to tinker with my gym.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Geez - I’m embarrassed to post my set up after seeing y’all’s!  I just started lifting again 5 months ago tomorrow. I had a decent bench but really wanted a rack. I’m limited on space in the shed so I opted for this half rack used for $250. I’ve got the standard 300# plate set and dumbbells 10-40#. I got one of those cheap pulley setups (I actually love it) and just picked up a used Ohio bar with clamps for $100. It’s got some surface rust but lots of life left in it. Honestly I can do almost any exercise I can think up and love the fact that the pull-up bar comes out and drops into the j hooks for dips. I love my setup and like others have said - no going to the gym, no waiting on machines, I listen to my music and all in all it’s awesome. I’m sure I’ll pick up some other items as time goes on but I love the homeAttachment Attached File
gym!
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 12:36:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Best deal I've seen, I assume it should be the same quality as when it was branded Inspire

Centr functional trainer at Costco
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 1:22:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tangotag] [#16]
Titan Dumbbell Rack arrived today.
Seems pretty solid. I plan to modify the bottom shelf and add casters.
Attachment Attached File

The first place I put it cramped up plate loading on the rack for my limited space.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

Got some Rogue bumper plates and spotter safety arms
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:49:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Detn8r-Red2] [#18]
Worst part about moving is relocating all the gym equipment. Last trip of the day was moving a full set of 5-90 lb dumbbells and 680 lbs of plates from one basement and into another. Hope to have updated gym pics in a couple of weeks.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top