Site Notices
75 Hard-advice needed (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheRadBaron:
The outdoor workouts are a bit rugged this weekend.  
In spite of the cold the woods are beautiful and it feels good to be out there.  
Stay frosty.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327494/9517CD98-7FFB-463F-9EF3-BB2103975FD3_jpe-3094717.JPG
View Quote

Good shit!

I Went for a run yesterday. Roads have been ice packed but it was about 35f. So nice and slushy. Feet stayed mostly-dry!
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 9:33:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MTNShewter] [#2]
Congrats on completing the program.  I am glad I read through.  I was going to recommend LMNT, so I’m glad you discovered that.  I really want to try this because we cheat with food every day, drink at least one beer a day (wife and I both).  Neither of us are fat.  I’m 36yo, 6-2, 185lb.  Wife is 5-2, 100 lbs.  we look good but we feel cruddy.  Don’t sleep much.  Have a toddler and just do whatever to get through the day while he does crazy shit.  Discipline is going to be tough.  If I could just check back in to OCS i’d do it but that part of life is over.  My workouts consist of carrying the 40lb toddler all over the place for fun/games.  Rucking with a neighbor, and pushups, pull ups and sit ups whenever I think to do them.

I’ll keep up with the thread and pipe back up if we commit to any diet/ workout/ lifestyle changes. Alcohol is first on both of our lists to change.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MTNShewter:
Congrats on completing the program.  I am glad I read through.  I was going to recommend LMNT, so I’m glad you discovered that.  I really want to try this because we cheat with food every day, drink at least one beer a day (wife and I both).  Neither of us are fat.  I’m 36yo, 6-2, 185lb.  Wife is 5-2, 100 lbs.  we look good but we feel cruddy.  Don’t sleep much.  Have a toddler and just do whatever to get through the day while he does crazy shit.  Discipline is going to be tough.  If I could just check back in to OCS i’d do it but that part of life is over.  My workouts consist of carrying the 40lb toddler all over the place for fun/games.  Rucking with a neighbor, and pushups, pull ups and sit ups whenever I think to do them.

I’ll keep up with the thread and pipe back up if we commit to any diet/ workout/ lifestyle changes. Alcohol is first on both of our lists to change.
View Quote

Thank you!  I won’t say it was super hard to complete but wasn’t super easy either. Time was the biggest issue and I feel it made me more organized and time oriented. It definitely kickstarted something in my life.

I now rarely drink. When I do it’s 1-2 drinks.

I’m still trying to figure out a good diet. Having a pregnant wife, and 2 young kids really throws a wrench into things. If I was single I think I could eat chicken, broccoli and  black beans all day every day.

What is OCS?
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Trod7308:

Thank you!  I won’t say it was super hard to complete but wasn’t super easy either. Time was the biggest issue and I feel it made me more organized and time oriented. It definitely kickstarted something in my life.

I now rarely drink. When I do it’s 1-2 drinks.

I’m still trying to figure out a good diet. Having a pregnant wife, and 2 young kids really throws a wrench into things. If I was single I think I could eat chicken, broccoli and  black beans all day every day.

What is OCS?
View Quote

OCS stands for OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL.  One of the ways to become an officer in the army.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:

OCS stands for OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL.  One of the ways to become an officer in the army.
View Quote

And the Navy, and Marines as well.  I opted for Navy.

Insert the “He chose poorly” meme here.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
75 Hard-advice needed (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top