BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By runfrumu:
so the eruptor doesnt do shit.  I must have head shot a charger 10 damn times while it stood there and it didnt even chip the armor.
View Quote

Eruptor is an explosive damage weapon, it's not going to punch through heavy armor like on the charger's head.  It would do great damage to the charger's rear (or the bile sacs on a titan, either of which are vulnerable to explosive damage), or to a leg after you strip the armor off, but shooting the highly armored head isn't what the Eruptor is for.

It has enough damage and AoE that it can often take out multiple chaff units, little bugs or bots, with one shot.  It dumpsters the scout walkers, you can take an easier shot at the legs of a devastator instead of the head for a 1-shot, closes bug holes and destroys fabricators, destroys all the medium bugs (warriors, hive guard, stalkers, etc).  The list of things it's not good at killing is very small: chargers, bile titans, hulks (it lacks the AP to hurt the eye weak spot meaningfully, still good against the heat sinks), factory walkers.  Works against tanks and turrets if you work your way around to the heat sink.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Started playing last night.

Went from 'what the fuck is going on?' to basically just loading mission after mission.

I am actually surprised at the amount of times where A. team mates die (I died like 2x in I don't remember how many mission and they were both FF) and B. people not reinforcing and just doing whatever for minutes at a time. So basically I became the supply/reinforcement/stratagem guy.

I'm only level 7 or 8 and already like the game, but it has me wondering what the long term replayability of it is? Like, what's the point of getting to level 60, 70, 80+?

I feel like I'm missing some part of the game play cycle or something. Right now, you basically get samples and experience/money from missions. You use those to unlock stratagems and ship modules that help them be strong. All gear is gotten from the award 'system' and is the same for everyone yet from what I can tell, most of everything is mainly cosmetic and while some weapons may be a bit nicer, its really kind of moot.

What is the end game/long term goal here?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Whiskey1Alpha:

Went from 'what the fuck is going on?' to basically just loading mission after mission.

I am actually surprised at the amount of times where A. team mates die (I died like 2x in I don't remember how many mission and they were both FF) and B. people not reinforcing and just doing whatever for minutes at a time. So basically I became the supply/reinforcement/stratagem guy.

I'm only level 7 or 8 and already like the game, but it has me wondering what the long term replayability of it is? Like, what's the point of getting to level 60, 70, 80+?

I feel like I'm missing some part of the game play cycle or something. Right now, you basically get samples and experience/money from missions. You use those to unlock stratagems and ship modules that help them be strong. All gear is gotten from the award 'system' and is the same for everyone yet from what I can tell, most of everything is mainly cosmetic and while some weapons may be a bit nicer, its really kind of moot.

View Quote

Spread democracy, spill oil, kill bugs. And have fun while doing it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

The guns, grenades, and strategem weapons all have pros and cons. You have to put together a coherent package to survive the harder difficulties and unlock the best perks.

Some of the armor is more cosmetic, but there are speed bonuses for light armor and stim/grenade bonuses as well. Helmets and capes have no perks yet.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:44:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#5]

View Quote

What difficulty do you play on primarily at this point?  Because from my perspective, 1-5 difficulty is still basic training.  Most of what makes the game so enjoyable doesn't really come out until 6+ due to difficulty weeding some people out, number of missions per operation, types of missions, strategy in stratagem selection becoming important, etc.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, Discord updated their TOS to require forced Arbitration
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

The guns, grenades, and strategem weapons all have pros and cons. You have to put together a coherent package to survive the harder difficulties and unlock the best perks.

Some of the armor is more cosmetic, but there are speed bonuses for light armor and stim/grenade bonuses as well. Helmets and capes have no perks yet.
View Quote

They need to get a little more creative and varied with the armor bonuses for sure. Maybe do full set bonus if you wear the helmet and armor.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#8]

They need to get a little more creative and varied with the armor bonuses for sure. Maybe do full set bonus if you wear the helmet and armor.
View Quote

I was/am a gear queer in RPGs so I yearn for this as well.  At least mix perks between pieces so people could build unique perk sets.  Like 50% explosion damage and 30% throwing range.  Or 30% detection and +2 grenades.  Or whatever, adding more perks would make it better since there's so few currently.

That would be a lot of fun for me personally.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Im wondering if they patched the infinite grenade glitch yet.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wpsharpshooter:
View Quote

Whoa what??? How do I get infinite grenades?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Well, if its still working .. Basically you equip the resupply box.. Throw all of your grenades except one, then hit L1 (on PS) close it, then throw the last grenade, Then spam L1 a few times... Its kind of fickle though.. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:42:59 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wpsharpshooter:

Standby I’ll find the video
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#13]
INFINITE GRENADE IS BROKEN - HELLDIVERS 2 Is A Perfectly Balanced Game With No Exploits
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Started playing a couple weeks ago. A lot of fun and insanity.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Servers went down it seems. I was playing bugs on level 6. Holy shit finding a team worth a shit was impossible today
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Lots of connection issues since their little patch.

Trying to run level 7 missions is a nightmare. Everyone thinks they're fucking Johnny Rico.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By LineOfDeparture:
Lots of connection issues since their little patch.

Trying to run level 7 missions is a nightmare. Everyone thinks they're fucking Johnny Rico.
View Quote

Never heard of her.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:52:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Just picked up the game. Having a lot of fun.

#9583-8411
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:52:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ToroAzul] [#19]
New recruit here.

ToroAzul958 on PS5

ETA: my reflexes ain't what they use to be
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#20]
As the newness and fun wears off, and the repetitiveness of the game starts to show, ive noticed im starting to get more frustrated with the shit they arent fixing,  I played one planet this morning that was so fucking dark it was almost impossible to see the bugs.  I guess in a time of intergalactic travel, night vision built into the helmets isnt a thing.  The bile spewers acid clipping through rocks, uphills and over dunes and 1 hit killing is annoying too.  Also when switching back to my sickle main, it shows reloaded but wont fire until i re-reload it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:04:09 AM EDT
[#21]
As the newness and fun wears off, and the repetitiveness of the game starts to show, ive noticed im starting to get more frustrated with the shit they arent fixing,  I played one planet this morning that was so fucking dark it was almost impossible to see the bugs.  I guess in a time of intergalactic travel, night vision built into the helmets isnt a thing.  The bile spewers acid clipping through rocks, uphills and over dunes and 1 hit killing is annoying too.  Also when switching back to my sickle main, it shows reloaded but wont fire until i re-reload it.
View Quote

Some planets have dust storms/fire storms that hinder sight to a few yards
Pain in ass but I'm the galaxy I'd imagine some worlds are like that

The clipping is an issue with every game, this is smaller studio so not as well polished code

The gun reloading, it seems to be universal. If you reload and use stem/grenade or something else BEFORE the reloading process is complete you have to do it again.
Intentional or bug, don't know

Seems intentional as if you're reloading your AR and have to engage with pistol in middle of reload, not gonna magically seat mag and charge weapon

Just observations
The game is a bit repetitive but go to bots and play there for a few days, seems like whole new game vs the bugs
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:07:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:
Servers went down it seems. I was playing bugs on level 6. Holy shit finding a team worth a shit was impossible today
View Quote

This is why I only play with the boys.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:54:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit338] [#23]
I played one planet this morning that was so fucking dark it was almost impossible to see the bugs.
View Quote
Come over to the terminator side of the galaxy.  You'll have no problem, in the dark, seeing the point of origin of the red laser beams being shot at you.  

Last night, we did bugs for a couple missions to get the "drop a resupply to kill a charger" Steam achievement for the squad.  Bugs are beyond gay.  Was good to get that box checked and back to spilling oil.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ToroAzul:
New recruit here.

ToroAzul958 on PS5

ETA: my reflexes ain't what they use to be
View Quote

That's one of the best parts of the game imo.  When I was 18-21 and started playing Quake 2, it was essentially nothing but a hand eye coordination, reflex, reaction time competition.  I was never the best but pretty damn good.  Years went on and various games and I kept sliding down the leaderboards on those games until I just gave up on them.

HD2 being player vs environment as well as having a (sometimes incredibly maddening) point of aim/point of impact shift to simulate weapon ergonomics, shooting position challenges, being winded, etc; basically flattens the playing field in that regard with only a couple exceptions (like being able to no scope hulks with a shot to the eye with the Barrett) but gives you plenty of tools to combat those enemies that don't require that level of reflex/coordination.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:21:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#25]
View Quote

What annoys me is that if the bug works in your favor they fix that shit immediately (with seemingly no concern for whether that "fix" breaks anything else) but if it just hinders your enjoyment of the game, or makes it more difficult it's all "oh yeah we'll work on that sometime."
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:23:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#26]
double tap
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Real Life Helldivers Shotgun - The UTS-15 (And Why It Sucks)
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:14:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#28]
No work for the next couple of weeks!

Steam Friend Code: 1192348969
H2 Friend Code: 1728-1213
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:46:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Throwing a new one out because I've tried to add everyone who has posted but for the last few weeks it simply will not let me navigate to them to add.  Since playing with friends is advantageous I'm sure that bug will take years to fix.

Add me if you can!

5366-0965
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:56:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#30]
Sent. I'm leaving my game open on the social screen for a bit for ppl to use the code.

1728-1213
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

What’s up with all that non democratic fag talk?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Lol did that guy kick you too Jersey?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
Lol did that guy kick you too Jersey?
View Quote
No, I quit before he got the chance! lol I saw him kick you then the other guy and I bounced
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:53:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#34]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
No, I quit before he got the chance! lol I saw him kick you then the other guy and I bounced
View Quote

Good playing with you!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:57:56 AM EDT
[#35]

Good playing with you!
View All Quotes

Good playing with you!

Saw you guys on tonight.

How goes the bot battles?

We’ve been doing our share to keep the bug side liberated.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:54:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By gtfoxy:

Saw you guys on tonight.

How goes the bot battles?

We've been doing our share to keep the bug side liberated.
View Quote
Looks like we're all headed to the bug front. New Major Order this morning requests 2 Billion dead bugs!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Looks like we're all headed to the bug front. New Major Order this morning requests 2 Billion dead bugs!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/IMG_1223_jpeg-3190972.JPG
View Quote

I started doing my part this morning before heading in to work. Managed Democracy can't wait for after work.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:16:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit338] [#38]
Hopefully [AH] Joel will let us spill oil during the bug campaign.  Fucking bugs.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#39]

https://suno.com/song/79f81bf3-a992-4be6-88b3-049c0ae309ab

I had AI write a love song about Eagle 1
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#40]

https://suno.com/song/79f81bf3-a992-4be6-88b3-049c0ae309ab

I had AI write a love song about Eagle 1
View Quote

You are a menace
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#41]
The 2 billion bug major order took all of 12 hours to complete - they gave us 6 days to complete it.  People REALLY hate bugs or love killing them.
Certified bug stomper here.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:52:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#42]
Originally Posted By bigdog02:
The 2 billion bug major order took all of 12 hours to complete - they gave us 6 days to complete it.  People REALLY hate bugs or love killing them.
Certified bug stomper here.
View Quote
They accidentally coded the Major Order kills like they do Personal Orders; like how other people's kills with a mortar sentry count for your own mortar sentry personal order.

Except since this is a community calculated order, it counted everyone's total kills (which included all their teammates kills). Like, if you and your buddy got 200 kills each, it would calculate your kills as 200+200, and their kills as 200+200, then submit both calculations separately to the Major Order progress. So your combined 400 kills ends up being 800 kills

For example, today's peak players is at 180,000 players. Assuming every single one of those players got 200 kills in a mission, that would be 36,000,000 kills. Therefore it would take every single person playing 55 missions in order to hit 2,000,000,000 kills. No where near 180K people played 55 missions each just today, lol.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#43]
They accidentally coded the Major Order kills like they do Personal Orders; like how other people's kills with a mortar sentry count for your own mortar sentry personal order.

Except since this is a community calculated order, it counted everyone's total kills (which included all their teammates kills). Like, if you and your buddy got 200 kills each, it would calculate your kills as 200+200, and their kills as 200+200, then submit both calculations separately to the Major Order progress. So your combined 400 kills ends up being 800 kills
View Quote

Hmm.  So in theory we killed 1 billion lol.  Back to the Sickle and Eagle then!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Not even 1 billion, because the calculation would usually be done with 4 people. It would add everyone's kills to the Major Order 4x with a full team lol!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Son of a......

Well bugs are better than bots anyway.  I need a buttload of samples, so the bug bashing will continue.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Updated friend code for the next few minutes if anyone wants to add me: 2813-1389
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:

You are a menace
View Quote

SEAF approved.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Son of a......

Well bugs are better than bots anyway.  I need a buttload of samples, so the bug bashing will continue.
View Quote

Lies
Bugs suck
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

Lies
Bugs suck
View Quote

My dislike of bots comes from being halfway through a bot mission on Helldive difficulty, being locked into an endless spawn/dead streak because there are 6 airships blowing the hell out of you the instant you spawn and no one has seen their Quasar cannon since the first spawn.....
We blasted through all our reinforcements in about 2 mins.
I will happily take chargers and bile spewers lol.  Bile titans are a welcome sight compared to rave levels of red lasers blowing me up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:55:48 PM EDT
[#50]

My dislike of bots comes from being halfway through a bot mission on Helldive difficulty, being locked into an endless spawn/dead streak because there are 6 airships blowing the hell out of you the instant you spawn and no one has seen their Quasar cannon since the first spawn.....
I will happily take chargers and bile spewers lol.  Bile titans are a welcome sight compared to rave levels of red lasers blowing me up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By craig24680:

Lies
Bugs suck

Bug holes with 2 bile titans and a charger and a million little bugs who perform a pincer movement
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top