Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:

Check your settings and see if you have it set to friends only. That said, I rarely solo. I just hit quick play and it attaches me to whomever is playing. It’s a roll of the dice if you get a good team. It’s always really nice when you land on a group of 3 that aren’t window lickers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Raignis:
My son picked up the game yesterday and we played a few of the ten minute missions for the current major order. I liked the get in and get out. One thing I noticed was how quick our groups would fill out. When I'm playing solo, I can't get anyone to join even with a SOS. He and I last night would have a full group before hitting the pods.

Check your settings and see if you have it set to friends only. That said, I rarely solo. I just hit quick play and it attaches me to whomever is playing. It’s a roll of the dice if you get a good team. It’s always really nice when you land on a group of 3 that aren’t window lickers.

The grouping is weird

Sometimes I start a mission and I have a full group before dropping
Sometimes I'm on planet for 10 minutes before someone joins and usually it's a trickle of 1 or 2
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#2]
The combination of 3x 12 minute missions for orders is really nice.

I think we need more short missions!
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

The grouping is weird

Sometimes I start a mission and I have a full group before dropping
Sometimes I'm on planet for 10 minutes before someone joins and usually it's a trickle of 1 or 2
View Quote

Try starting the mission from the bridge (activating the hellpods) but don't get in.  Chill for a minute and usually you'll get 3 people rather quickly.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:23:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#4]
I really like the air burst now that it's a little easier to use without killing yourself.  It's just hard to find a case where it really makes sense to take up a backpack and support slot, as it's too slow reloading for advancing waves unless you already had sufficient stand-off.  

It's basically for wiping random patrols or the "sentries" at points of interest/mission objectives vs burning a stratagem.  Might be AWESOME on a wall defense mission.

I would probably start bringing it quite often if you could reload it on the move - same speed, same slots, same ammo depth, maybe even limit it to no sprinting, but just being able to fall back while inserting another RPG would be nice.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Nothing I use got nerfed

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#6]
@aftac

Hopefully we didn't run you off last night with our shennanigans
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#7]
You were good.  I had kids to get to bed.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#8]
After a month hiatus due to a shitty wrist I am back. Linked up with kuraki and was shown no mercy. That was a lot of spewers.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#9]
They really don't like solo players and the new increased spawns are quite significant... sucks as I liked to run a solo mission here and there.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:
They really don't like solo players and the new increased spawns are quite significant... sucks as I liked to run a solo mission here and there.
View Quote

I noticed that. I think they’re pushing for the co op play by punishing the lone eagles.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#11]
POV:

Devs watching Joel pick out all the weapons & stratagems he wants to nerf.
Attachment Attached File

Us after reading the release notes.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DirtDivision:

I noticed that. I think they’re pushing for the co op play by punishing the lone eagles.
View Quote

Previous patrol spawning was non-linear, such that a solo player faced 16% of the patrols that a group of four faced.  Patrol spawns are now linear, with 1 player getting 25%, 2 getting 50%, 3 getting 75%, and 4 getting 100%.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Checked my settings and it was friends only and since my kids are the only ones on that list well.... Things worked much better last night.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Checked my settings and it was friends only and since my kids are the only ones on that list well.... Things worked much better last night.
View All Quotes

Yeah, set it to:
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:11:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Helldivers 2 - Warbond: Polar Patriots Trailer | PS5 & PC Games
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:48:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: craig24680] [#16]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcnzI0gN7z4
View Quote

Hope they have something good
Last couple have been a joke

ETA the last rifle and the grenade look good
Impact grenades are where it's at
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#17]
9842-2944

Hopefully the bugs have been worked out
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I saw leaked details:

A sling shot that fires snowballs.  1 round per minute, AoE ice damage, does damage to self and team only.
A spear gun that only works under water.
A new victory pose "instagram duck lips"
New heavy armor with a new effect: 95% reduction to emotional damage
New booster that gives support weapon stratagems a 50/50 chance of just disappearing upon landing
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:30:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#19]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcnzI0gN7z4
View Quote

Now show me using those guns against berserkers

The impact napalm. Yes please.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:

I saw leaked details:

A sling shot that fires snowballs.  1 round per minute, AoE ice damage, does damage to self and team only.
New booster that gives support weapon stratagems a 50/50 chance of just disappearing upon landing
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kuraki:

I saw leaked details:

I would so play that patch!
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#21]

I would so play that patch!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#22]
The most interesting part of that clip was the ice cleats on the armor
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#23]
You guys see all the latest drama over the PSN account requirements? It's even one of the main trending topics for the entirety of Reddit lol.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#24]
You guys see all the latest drama over the PSN account requirements? It's even one of the main trending topics for the entirety of Reddit lol.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/IMG_4131_jpeg-3204752.JPG
View Quote

https://steamcommunity.com/app/553850/eventcomments/4357872384977255720
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't like the new patch. Last night was so abysmal that I quietly rage quit.

the new stalkers being super stealthy is for the birds.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:01:26 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't Have a PlayStation
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:30:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I think it’s much ado about nothing. The only people this fucks over are people in places without PSN services….which is bullshit.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:35:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aftac] [#28]
Here is a pic of before and afterAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:11:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runfrumu] [#29]

View Quote

They keep buffing enemies and nerfing weapons like they are trying to run players off. Apparently it pisses off the devs that people enjoy their game or at least did and can actually complete missions.

Also it seems China doesn’t allow PSN which is gonna knock out a huge player base and make major orders hard to complete.

Oh well, I’ve been back playing fornite with my wife and buddies so I’m not even sure I’ll be playing much anymore anyways.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

And having to empty half of my mags to kill it is pissing me off.

The other problem I'm having is this new trend of getting to the extraction point and one player killing the other three to get on the ship and leave by themselves. WTF is that for?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:13:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runfrumu] [#31]

The other problem I'm having is this new trend of getting to the extraction point and one player killing the other three to get on the ship and leave by themselves. WTF is that for?
View Quote

It’s trolling cause it doesn’t affect anything. Levels mean shit past 20 and I don’t know how much xp you really lose with 1 extracting compared to 4.  Also, you still get all the resources if only 1 person extracts.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By runfrumu:

It’s trolling cause it doesn’t affect anything. Levels mean shit past 20 and I don’t know how much xp you really lose with 1 extracting compared to 4.  Also, you still get all the resources if only 1 person extracts.
View All Quotes

only if the person extracting has the samples
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Part of the XP calculation depends on how many people extracted
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:28:10 PM EDT
[#34]
I think it’s much ado about nothing. The only people this fucks over are people in places without PSN services….which is bullshit.
View Quote

You were saying?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:07:51 AM EDT
[#35]
I think I'm losing interest in the game.  Stalkers aren't fun to fight and don't feel rewarding to defeat.  Same with spewers. I'm getting one shotted by spewers that spawned behind me with no warning much more frequently.  Literally watching groups spawn near you as you mop up the last of the previous one is frustrating.  Firenados make me not want to even bother with the damn planet.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:25:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#36]
Originally Posted By Hayashi_Killian:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/957318263434539039/1236478979179810836/Itsarrowheadandsony_5d6e09cf559ab34c21082dcba55995d1.png?ex=66382849&is=6636d6c9&hm=2a3df77e06772a1b4bbe7312edbf621d8e4f85a4d663d91b245cbae142f8ab5b&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=1007&height=882

You were saying?

My statement stands. It changes nothing. They could ban you regardless. That said, Sony is developing some dystopian technology to use against players. If I recall they already implement voice recognition. That little tidbit I wasn’t privy to and I’m not cool with it whatsoever. I’m pretty sure at least half of the PC community won’t be cool with it either.

As of this morning steam has pulled the game from 60 countries and is apparently giving refunds to anyone who wants one regardless of country.

Sony just killed their best cow. Unless there is a reversal this game is finished.

Yeah, I won’t be purchasing anything from Sony ever again if I can help it. Furthermore, anything requiring a second party log in can get fucked. Nope, not doing this again
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#37]
FYI that's a mentality ill dude pretending to be a woman and a diversity hire not involved in the actual game. Disregard anything he says.

As for the issue at hand:

1. It actually affects a lot of countries and thousands of players.
  2. They knowingly let these people buy and play the game while knowing they wouldn't be able to play anymore once the PSN requirement came down the road.
Yeah, lots of games out there require accounts for third parties like Microsoft/Xbox, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Activision, etc; but never have they changed that requirement or enforced it only after the release of a game.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#38]
I think I'm losing interest in the game.  Stalkers aren't fun to fight and don't feel rewarding to defeat.  Same with spewers. I'm getting one shotted by spewers that spawned behind me with no warning much more frequently.  Literally watching groups spawn near you as you mop up the last of the previous one is frustrating.  Firenados make me not want to even bother with the damn planet.
View Quote
Come on over to terminator side of the galaxy (or run a backpack shield for bugs).
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

This. it feels like they tried to make it harder without putting in any effort into making it part of the story.

I don't love the PSN thing, but the other changes they made are even more off-putting to me personally.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#40]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/IMG_4131_jpeg-3204752.JPG
View Quote

Wokism is starting to invade gaming. Games Workshop is actively retconning its lore to mitigate male toxicity since Black Rock/Finkenstein owns 22% stake in the company, & concerns are that it could impact Space Marine 2. Likewise, Amazon is doing similar to Henry Caville's WH40K project (Think female space marines). Naturally, he is unhappy about the departure from the established lore, but might be too far into development to walk away from it. All I can say is, be willing to seek alternative (older?) games or walk away from the hobby entirely if it's going to consume the industry & corrupt the gaames. I had both games on my Steam wish list to buy when I built a new rig later this year, but now I'm probably scrubbing them both if they keep going in the wrong direction.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:09:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#41]
Arrowhead needs to change level 7 difficulty to “Sony”

Troll the fuck out of them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:50:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Wokism is starting to invade gaming. Games Workshop is actively retconning its lore to mitigate male toxicity since Black Rock/Finkenstein owns 22% stake in the company, & concerns are that it could impact Space Marine 2. Likewise, Amazon is doing similar to Henry Caville's WH40K project (Think female space marines). Naturally, he is unhappy about the departure from the established lore, but might be too far into development to walk away from it. All I can say is, be willing to seek alternative (older?) games or walk away from the hobby entirely if it's going to consume the industry & corrupt the gaames. I had both games on my Steam wish list to buy when I built a new rig later this year, but now I'm probably scrubbing them both if they keep going in the wrong direction.
View Quote

I havent read anything about it having to do with anything bring woke, just that Sony is a big greedy company and wanting to pad their PSN subscriber stats for stock holders.

I logged on a minute ago since ive not logged on in a couple of weeks and holy shit has the player base dropped.  Theres less fighting the entire map than there was at certain times on one planet before.

The constant nerfs got some like me, but the PSN thing is really taking a toll.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Freiheit338:
Come on over to terminator side of the galaxy (or run a backpack shield for bugs).
View All Quotes

Bots are better to play against and feel more fair. They still have the problem of spawning almost on top of you out of thin air. Berserkers take way too many bullets.  I'd say make the minimum spawn distance like 50m, i.e. enough time to notice them coming at least... doing a SEAF artillery objective now is torture and not worth the time investment.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#44]

Bots are better to play against and feel more fair. They still have the problem of spawning almost on top of you out of thin air. Berserkers take way too many bullets.  I'd say make the minimum spawn distance like 50m, i.e. enough time to notice them coming at least... doing a SEAF artillery objective now is torture and not worth the time investment.
View All Quotes

bugs are funner for the starship troopers aspect but bots are easier overall and don't follow you across the whole damn map

and the bots reinforcements can bet stopped before they hit the ground by taking out the ships
bugs you are helpless
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#45]

bugs are funner for the starship troopers aspect but bots are easier overall and don't follow you across the whole damn map

and the bots reinforcements can bet stopped before they hit the ground by taking out the ships
bugs you are helpless
View All Quotes

bugs you are helpless

Drop a gas strike on a bug breach and watch them melt as they come out of the hole
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#46]

Drop a gas strike on a bug breach and watch them melt as they come out of the hole
View All Quotes

bugs you are helpless

orbital airburst will zap most of them too.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm not talking about bug breaches or dropships - those are fair. I mean a group manifesting out of thin air behind you.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm not talking about bug breaches or dropships - those are fair. I mean a group manifesting out of thin air behind you.
View Quote

yeah I have noticed that lately, and it's horseshit.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

View All Quotes

I’m good with it. Forces people to not run off alone.

Was playing with Kuraki and an old USCG friend on Friday. I ran off to grab a couple points of interest. I said “there’s a friendship door over here”. Friend came over and when it was all said and done the two of us had over 1k dead bugs combined.

It was nuts. We had stalkers, groups of hunters just coming out of thin air. You name it, it was on our ass. Lol
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:38:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runfrumu] [#50]

View All Quotes

When they crank the spawn rates up the AI can only come up with some many ways to put more enemies on the map and you start getting cheap shit like that.  

Fortunately they nerf all the weapons so AI won’t need to spawn as many as the players won’t be able to kill the ones already on the map.
Page / 18
Top Top