Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2013 8:48:48 PM EDT
I figure this is the best place to post this with all you photography gurus here...

Earlier I stopped in at a local thrift store to hunt for a tripod for my laser range finder.

They had a couple there and I spotted one that looked better built than the others so, not knowing anything about photography or decent tripod brands, I decided to go with that one. It's a Slik S103 I ended up paying $4 for. Looking into it, it looks like Slik is a pretty decent brand so I was pleased with my purchase.

I didn't see an attachment post on it but I figured I should be able to find one. Well, after doing a little looking, it appears this tripod uses a type of quick release post that fits in the head. Problem is, the head seems to be missing the quick release hardware:

This is apparently what it should look like:

Anyone know:

1) If this is repairable
2) Where to get replacement parts, if possible

If it is going to end up not being repairable or more than a few bucks, I'd just as soon fab a new mounting plate to screw onto the existing one but, I'd rather have the quick release fixed though as it would be handy to swap between LRF and spotting scope with no change in setup. I do like the tripod as it seems pretty stout and well built!

Thanks!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top