Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2009 5:43:02 PM EDT
I looked back through 6 pages here but couldn’t find an answer.

What is the best way to pull this off?

How about through a barrel?

I have a Panasonic Lumix but not getting anything worthwhile.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Through the scope should work, the hard part is that you have to place the front of the lens in teh exact postion that your eye is in when shooting.  Too far front or back or off center and you can't see anything.
Link Posted: 9/26/2009 4:37:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! I’ll have to have another go at it sometime.

My last attempt looked like a study in blurs
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 12:09:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Like this?

It took about 20 min to get the scope and camera just right (and about 20 tries). Camera is my POS Samsung A7 point and stutter.

In the pic, the scope is on 32x and the target is at 1000 yards. That target is 6' x 6'
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]
This was taken by just putting the cheapo digi camera in the back and taking it on auto

100 yards

400 yards

600 yards

Just point and shoot, nothing to it.

For through the barrel shots, the trick is to 1/2 press the button on the camera out at distance to focus the image you want, then move it to the back of the barrel (remove the bolt) (or take the barrel out if it's a handgun) and then press the rest of the way down to take the picture.
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 7:55:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I've done those shots before with cheap point and shoot digitals and had decent results.
Its not as hard as one might think.

Havent messed around with it for a good hi-res pic....maybe something I'll play with when i get a chance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top