Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked Jeep Pics - Let's see em! (Page 58 of 60)
Page / 60
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I put on a Fresh set of front brakes yesterday.

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:35:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Hit up Hoosier National for a couple of days.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Still hacking away Attachment Attached File

Someday

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#4]
TeraFlex track bar brackets and Borla Climber S-Type catback.

Not sure how anyone's got a lifted JL out there without the brackets. I had horrendous bumpsteer and body roll after my 2" lift, now the bumpsteer is almost completely eliminated and the body roll is greatly reduced (it's still a lifted Jeep on 37s, after all). I know everyone loves to just throw adjustable track bars at these things, but they only recenter the axles, they don't restore the track bars to the proper angles.

The catback wasn't 100% necessary, but I was getting tired of dragging my tailpipe on things off-road. The Borla seemed the most reasonable from the sound clips I found, and it sounds even better in person. Just loud enough to let you know it's there and no drone, even at highway speeds in 8th gear.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Time to start the weekend at Bantam

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 1:02:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Failed to post these two a few weeks ago.

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:35:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:
Failed to post these two a few weeks ago.

https://i.ibb.co/VJYTxX4/20230522-153148.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/SwyvSXv/20230522-153139.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:51:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Picked this up a last weekend and made it out to TN Trail Jam. Nothing really challenging there but this rig impressed me. Probably our favorite of the 3 Jeeps we have had in the past.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 2:54:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JeepinChamp:
Obligatory shot from Top of the World. That trail sure has changed a lot in the last 6 years.

https://i.imgur.com/4OoPVlCh.jpg
View Quote

Has it? For better or worse?

I've done it twice, but it's been a few years.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:21:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JeepinChamp] [#12]
Originally Posted By ASUsax:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/38583/TopOfTheWorld_jpg-2858053.JPG
View Quote

There are a couple sections to the north (2000-3000ft before the top) that have been eroded and undercut pretty badly. The 'hard route' (that's what others called it?), which is the east side of the loop after the top, is definitely harder than I remember. Our first foray was a JK on 35's with an open front and it was no problem on the hardest lines. This last go in our JL on 37's seemed tougher and required more concentration, especially on the east side of the lop, coming back down. We've done it three times now and I don't feel the need to do it again.

I say this as there were mildly built-looking 4Runners coming up to the top... so maybe I just suck as a driver.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#13]

There are a couple sections to the north (2000-3000ft before the top) that have been eroded and undercut pretty badly. The 'hard route' (that's what others called it?), which is the east side of the loop after the top, is definitely harder than I remember. Our first foray was a JK on 35's with an open front and it was no problem on the hardest lines. This last go in our JL on 37's seemed tougher and required more concentration, especially on the east side of the lop, coming back down. We've done it three times now and I don't feel the need to do it again.

I say this as there were mildly built-looking 4Runners coming up to the top... so maybe I just suck as a driver.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ASUsax:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/38583/TopOfTheWorld_jpg-2858053.JPG

Did top of the world last week. It has been getting more challenging.

We did get a Tacoma with slightly larger than factory tires to the top for a picture. Had to winch him once. He was completely unlocked.

I always say I’m not going to do it again but I’ve been up each of the last five years.

Not a challenge for my locked LJ on 35’s. Just annoying ledges over and over.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Added another JKU to the stable.Picked it up as a bone stock 09’ Unlimited Sport. Scored a new in box soft top, replaced the dented bumper with a JL take off from my buddy. Put on a RC 2.5” lift, 17x9 Rock Trix 117’s wrapped in 285/70/17’s.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Went on the 12th. Last time i will be able to wheel for a while.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:

Did top of the world last week. It has been getting more challenging.

We did get a Tacoma with slightly larger than factory tires to the top for a picture. Had to winch him once. He was completely unlocked.

I always say I’m not going to do it again but I’ve been up each of the last five years.

Not a challenge for my locked LJ on 35’s. Just annoying ledges over and over.
View Quote

My problem, both times I went, were those ledges, a few of them I could just really use more wheelbase than a TJ has.

Usually that's an advantage, but sometimes it's not. I have lockers now, so it would probably be easier, I never climbed that with Lockers.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 5:29:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: omar] [#17]
Just picked this up yesterday. I decided to go a different route and buy a Sport to build up, instead of buying another Rubicon.

This one was heavily discounted, and the dealer gave me $500 less than what my Tundra cost new in trade.

The Sport will get a rear locker, mild 2" lift, winch, winch bumper, sliders, some skids, and that's about it for now.

I picked up these Rubi take off rims this morning, but will probably add 35's down the road, along with a 4:56 or 4:88 re-gear.

It currently has 3:73s.

Link Posted: 7/1/2023 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By omar:
Just picked this up yesterday. I decided to go a different route and buy a Sport to build up, instead of buying another Rubicon.

This one was heavily discounted, and the dealer gave me $500 less than what my Tundra cost new in trade.

The Sport will get a rear locker, mild 2" lift, winch, winch bumper, sliders, some skids, and that's about it for now.

I picked up these Rubi take off rims this morning, but will probably add 35's down the road, along with a 4:56 or 4:88 re-gear.

It currently has 3:73s.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/621/330F0058-FF17-4890-AD13-6CC926247DB7-2869056.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/621/191C6A42-73C8-4CB6-BD76-C87F774842C7_1_2-2869055.jpg
View Quote

Smart thinking.  I have never understood people ponying up for a Rubicon and then replacing just about everything that made it a Rubicon in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:29:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: omar] [#19]
Originally Posted By inzane123:

Smart thinking.  I have never understood people ponying up for a Rubicon and then replacing just about everything that made it a Rubicon in the first place.
View Quote

Yep, after my last one, which was my 4th Rubicon, I decided my next Jeep was going to be a basic rig, a blank canvas if you will.

The nice thing about the JT is they're all D44s, although certain models with max tow have 1 1/2 inch wider axles than the standard Sport (Dana 210 and Dana 220).

When I parted with my previous Gladiator before I retired last year, I bought a truck to haul all my furniture to a new house, and I missed it very quickly.

I was dying without a rig, and finally decided unload the truck and buy another Gladiator to cruise the Lincoln National Forest which is situated on my doorstep.

This is my previous JT:

The LNF as viewed from my front yard:

Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:45:28 PM EDT
[#20]

The LNF as viewed from my front yard:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/621/26CDAAA2-C8D2-4F4A-ACA1-1437E48EF2FE_1_1-2870504.jpg

View Quote

Amazing view, I need to get me some of that!
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:55:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: omar] [#21]
Originally Posted By SenditDoc:

Amazing view, I need to get me some of that!
View Quote

Here's another over the wall from my back yard.

I'm only beginning to explore what's back here. Today I drove a power line to take some poser pics. I can already see armor is going to need upgrading soonest.

New to me wheels and tires mounted.

After I mounted the new wheels I took the JT behind the house for a road test. This is about 1/8th the way up to the base of the mountain. The trail was criss-crossing washes that were becoming deeper the higher I traveled. I plan on checking this area out in the next few days. I was low fuel and no cell phone so I returned to base.

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#22]

What trail is that?
View Quote

Just saw this, sorry!

Buttes and Towers, really the only hard part of the trail. It’s down hill steep! Need a spotter but was more just don’t let gravity win 😂
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By JoshAR:

Just saw this, sorry!

Buttes and Towers, really the only hard part of the trail. It’s down hill steep! Need a spotter but was more just don’t let gravity win 😂
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JoshAR:

What trail is that?

Just saw this, sorry!

Ah, never done that trail so I guess that’s why I didn’t recognize it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#24]
We picked up this '86 Grand Wagoneer for my son a couple of weeks ago.  He turns 16 in a few years.  I've guess I've got that long to get it back on the road.

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Couldn't get a picture but sat outside Pinecastle Bombing Range in the jeep this afternoon watching the Super Hornets do gun runs.   It was awesome.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Very nice. Can’t wait to get mine back together Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Question for the gladiator guys, how is the room in the cab for a family?  We are one and one with the kids so only one child, he is currently almost six, my wife is very short 5’2” so I’m assuming her seat could be moved forward to give some more room.  I would be coming from a full size truck(2012 sierra 1500 crew cab), which’s is smaller than my last truck before that.  I definitely don’t feel like the interior in our truck is too small but with any truck the interior can start to feel cramped quickly once you start loading stuff into the cab that you might need to access during a road trip.  

The gladiator appears like it could scratch a couple itches I would be looking for.  A more capable off-road rig, keeps me with a bed for hauling stuff, downsize the overall vehicle size as a full size truck is a pain in the ass anywhere suburban/urban, fun somewhat daily driver.  This would be my main  vehicle outside of work hours when I drive a company provided work truck.  Any of you go from a full size to the gladiator and regret it?
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:25:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eleven-Hotel] [#29]
Wheeled Peters Mill BOH Trail this weekend, heavy overnight rain washed it out pretty good. Overall it was a fun trail, very rocky on the South end.

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#30]
This was made by someone local, but I lost his card.  
I may just make one myself since I have time now.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 10:08:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LoudLyle] [#31]
Originally Posted By blownfour:
Question for the gladiator guys, how is the room in the cab for a family?  We are one and one with the kids so only one child, he is currently almost six, my wife is very short 5’2” so I’m assuming her seat could be moved forward to give some more room.  I would be coming from a full size truck(2012 sierra 1500 crew cab), which’s is smaller than my last truck before that.  I definitely don’t feel like the interior in our truck is too small but with any truck the interior can start to feel cramped quickly once you start loading stuff into the cab that you might need to access during a road trip.  

The gladiator appears like it could scratch a couple itches I would be looking for.  A more capable off-road rig, keeps me with a bed for hauling stuff, downsize the overall vehicle size as a full size truck is a pain in the ass anywhere suburban/urban, fun somewhat daily driver.  This would be my main  vehicle outside of work hours when I drive a company provided work truck.  Any of you go from a full size to the gladiator and regret it?
View Quote

I just switched recently from a Wrangler Unlimited to a Gladiator and don’t regret it at all. The inside is decent size enough. We took it on a trip to the beach and I threw on a cheap tonneau cover for luggage and stuff. For my wants and needs it suits me way better than my old JKUR. If towing is a need research the different models because the towing capacity is different on a lot of them. The Mojave fit the bill for me
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:59:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

New Tire day  finally got the 35s on
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By LoudLyle:

I just switched recently from a Wrangler Unlimited to a Gladiator and don’t regret it at all. The inside is decent size enough. We took it on a trip to the beach and I threw on a cheap tonneau cover for luggage and stuff. For my wants and needs it suits me way better than my old JKUR. If towing is a need research the different models because the towing capacity is different on a lot of them. The Mojave fit the bill for me
View Quote

Appreciate the insight, do you mind if I ask if you have kids you take on these road trips?  New truck looks great by the way.  Towing isn’t too much of a concern.  If I tow anything it’s a small dump trailer or lightweight trailer for hauling construction material/appliances/etc.  we don’t have a travel trailer or boat and don’t have any plans to.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:00:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By blownfour:

Appreciate the insight, do you mind if I ask if you have kids you take on these road trips?  New truck looks great by the way.  Towing isn’t too much of a concern.  If I tow anything it’s a small dump trailer or lightweight trailer for hauling construction material/appliances/etc.  we don’t have a travel trailer or boat and don’t have any plans to.
View Quote

My kids are grown but I have taken my daughter and grandson on some day trips . He’s a teenager and bigger than me. We have plenty of room for us with stuff in the bed.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Now I’m not saying that I hope whoever designed and approved the interface between the rear 2 transmission pan bolts, the crossmember and the exhaust pipe develops a case of painful rectal cancer, but if they did, inflicting this on the rest of us might affect what sympathy I had for their situation.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Just got home from the Jeepers Jamboree on the Rubicon.

Link Posted: 8/3/2023 1:34:59 PM EDT
[#37]
I just picked this one up last week and it hasn't used a drop of gas since Sunday.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Haven't taken any Jeep pics in a little while

Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:50:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: drobs] [#39]
Pulled a large tree of the trail last week using a Spanish Burton - double snatch block rigging.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Bent my Chinese Bumper from Extreme Terrain:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Swapped it out for an Iron Bear Customs stubby bumper yesterday. Made in Missouri and Heavy Duty.
https://www.ironbearcustoms.com/jeep-wrangler-jk-jl-jt

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:
TeraFlex track bar brackets and Borla Climber S-Type catback.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58021/4431E453-527A-4EF7-915B-0211D21FDB16-2844199.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58021/81FD7C42-E8C1-413E-9342-13372F1D5975-2844201.jpg

Not sure how anyone's got a lifted JL out there without the brackets. I had horrendous bumpsteer and body roll after my 2" lift, now the bumpsteer is almost completely eliminated and the body roll is greatly reduced (it's still a lifted Jeep on 37s, after all). I know everyone loves to just throw adjustable track bars at these things, but they only recenter the axles, they don't restore the track bars to the proper angles.

The catback wasn't 100% necessary, but I was getting tired of dragging my tailpipe on things off-road. The Borla seemed the most reasonable from the sound clips I found, and it sounds even better in person. Just loud enough to let you know it's there and no drone, even at highway speeds in 8th gear.
View Quote

2" you don't need trackbar brackets or adjustable trackbars. You need longer front lcas. Either adjustable or the cheap option is a set of the Mopar extended control arms from their 2" lift kit. I think you can still get a set for $100. You need to fix the caster by moving the bottom of the axle forward.
I've seen JLs on 2.5" lifts with 37's on beadlocks with stock trackbars and drag link. The JL pieces are way beefier than the JK units. If you want the axles to be perfectly centered then the adjustable bars will be needed, but not having them doesn't cause driving issues.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Top and doors off fun is the best.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Last pictures of it naked for the year.
Cooler weather is here so any time not at work is spent hunting.

Link Posted: 9/15/2023 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Just finished refinishing my hardtop.

Sanded, primed (XIM Bonding primer) & finish coated with ultra flat paint.  I know the low sheen finish is going to make it impossible to keep looking nice but I like the look for now.

The hardtop was originally black is it now a light tan color.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By InHocSigno:
Just finished refinishing my hardtop.

Sanded, primed (XIM Bonding primer) & finish coated with ultra flat paint.  I know the low sheen finish is going to make it impossible to keep looking nice but I like the look for now.

The hardtop was originally black is it now a light tan color.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/512505/Jeep_Old_Hardtop_jpg-2954596.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/512505/Jeep_New_Hardtop_jpg-2954597.JPG
View Quote

The blue and tan looks sharp.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Parts are here

Icon front bumper & skid plate
Warn Zeon winch
Mopar 2"lift
Fox steering stabilizer
Harbor Freight lights

Link Posted: 9/17/2023 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Parts are here

Icon front bumper & skid plate
Warn Zeon winch
Mopar 2"lift
Fox steering stabilizer
Harbor Freight lights

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/621/4E4FCA2F-4868-4A9A-85F8-63AAA48C04B7_1_2-2956391.jpg

View Quote

Which Harbor Freight lights are you installing?
Page / 60
Tacked Jeep Pics - Let's see em! (Page 58 of 60)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top