Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked Let's see your cars. (Page 67 of 67)
Page / 67
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By uglygun:
https://i.imgur.com/UhRYmCg.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/ZVwV2z2.jpeg

Threw my dad in the car on Sunday for 2 different sessions.

Managed a 2:06 with him in the car.   Saw a couple more 2:04s and 2:05s.   As day went on and track warmed up I really had to fight for them.

Roughly 180 miles in track this last weekend.   Got a few spots I am sore, same for 74 year old dad.
View Quote

Willow Springs?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

Willow Springs?
View Quote

Buttonwillow.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:12:01 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:53:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#5]
https://i.imgur.com/UhRYmCg.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/ZVwV2z2.jpeg

Threw my dad in the car on Sunday for 2 different sessions.

Managed a 2:06 with him in the car.   Saw a couple more 2:04s and 2:05s.   As day went on and track warmed up I really had to fight for them.

Roughly 180 miles in track this last weekend.   Got a few spots I am sore, same for 74 year old dad.
View Quote

@uglygun

Kickass man! Nice work
I completed MS1 instructor written and will *hopefully* complete the on-track instructor testing here in a few months. Then I’ll be able to take my dad out as well. (Only instructors can have passengers in our area tracks).

You’re running good times. One of the best S550 Mustang guys out there that has built his own S550 and has competitively placed 1st in races is Italian_Stang. Allessandro can absolutely drive.  Looks like you’re not too far behind him considering your skill level. Nice work!
I’d recommend following and learning from him. He knows all the cooling problems the S550 deals with.

https://www.instagram.com/italian_stang?igsh=NzA5OWduaTk0YmFh

Buttonwillow cw13 1:48.7 Mustang 10sp
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 3:25:43 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Kick ass

Do you have track vids @D_J ?  

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:11:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#8]
Originally Posted By BlackTaco:

You’re running good times. One of the best S550 Mustang guys out there that has built his own S550 and has competitively placed 1st in races is Italian_Stang. Allessandro can absolutely drive.  Looks like you’re not too far behind him considering your skill level. Nice work!
I’d recommend following and learning from him. He knows all the cooling problems the S550 deals with.

https://www.instagram.com/italian_stang?igsh=NzA5OWduaTk0YmFh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtsVtc6SM6M
View Quote

I already knew of him from various forums leading up to making mods on my 2015.    I hit him up a few weeks back about some of my mods.

Been on various mustang forums since 2013 and there are certain names I recognize.  Jarstang of Mustang6g is a taint sniffing shit weasel and I gladly told him what I thought of him to get myself banned as his forum essentially became a DEI inclusivity fest, fuck that place.

There is a group that comes through from Ford Upland and they know their shit pretty well.   Christian has probably the highest horsepower NA coyote based road course car in the country running a sequential transmission to boot.   Pretty sure he has been sub 1:50 multiple times.

Trying to decide on tires to order between now and next outting.   Either Nankang CRS or Falken RT660, looking for durability to start so I can learn the track and see difference.    Then may try a set of Goodyear 3R after coil overs in fall.

/edit

Talked to italianstang about tires and he suggested a Nexen which I had not seen.   Sounds like they have good life and nearly RT660 levels of grip.

Pulling the trigger on those tomorrow.

What tread life remains on my pilot super sports will see street use at this point, one more weekend will probably kill them and I dint feel like buying 6 tires right now when I can do 4.

Hopefully the next set of tires let me goto the next setting of stiffness on my sway bars.   Seeing another 2-3 second drop would be nice.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By D_J:

MSF L1 here.

No, well I have a few back when I had a GT3 and was just getting back into tracking.  I also haven't done many track days the past 2-3 years except when I was instructing, so if I went out at all I was looking more at telemetry than trying to film.
View Quote

Oh Gotchya! Yeah, I knew you don’t do so much anymore, and thought you might have done a recent one
Almost the season! Woot woot!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 5:36:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#10]

I already knew of him from various forums leading up to making mods on my 2015.    I hit him up a few weeks back about some of my mods.

Been on various mustang forums since 2013 and there are certain names I recognize.  Jarstang of Mustang6g is a taint sniffing shit weasel and I gladly told him what I thought of him to get myself banned as his forum essentially became a DEI inclusivity fest, fuck that place.

There is a group that comes through from Ford Upland and they know their shit pretty well.   Christian has probably the highest horsepower NA coyote based road course car in the country running a sequential transmission to boot.   Pretty sure he has been sub 1:50 multiple times.

Trying to decide on tires to order between now and next outting.   Either Nankang CRS or Falken RT660, looking for durability to start so I can learn the track and see difference.    Then may try a set of Goodyear 3R after coil overs in fall.

/edit

Talked to italianstang about tires and he suggested a Nexen which I had not seen.   Sounds like they have good life and nearly RT660 levels of grip.

Pulling the trigger on those tomorrow.

What tread life remains on my pilot super sports will see street use at this point, one more weekend will probably kill them and I dint feel like buying 6 tires right now when I can do 4.

Hopefully the next set of tires let me goto the next setting of stiffness on my sway bars.   Seeing another 2-3 second drop would be nice.
View Quote

Oh Gotchya! Think I might have mentioned something months back, my memory is absolutely horrible, I apologize if so. Alessandro definitely knows his shit, so I’d take his advice for sure on tires, I had good luck with SuperCar3’s - non-R….but they might not be available in your sizes. In the 911 I only have 2 choices if I want to run 295/315 (20/21”) so I’m on the newest GT3 tires, GoodYear Super-SportR’s, they are 80TW, and kickass. I’ll be replacing them frequently though lol.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 6:56:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_J] [#11]
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:23:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_J] [#13]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 3:06:56 AM EDT
[#14]

It's honestly pretty slow.  I keep a big distance from all other cars, even leading into point by zones, and the car had a really bad reverberation at around 130-135 so you can hear the RPMs drop around the Motul sign near turn 8 as I lift off and coasted into 10.  I guess its a known issues (the RS fixes this from the factor with a piece right by the mirror - I didn't have this previously on my 997s so didn't know to pick one up for the GT3) but it really caught me off guard and it was really distracting.  I tried driving through it, but it was still there at 145 so just lifted and held around 135 for the rest of the day.
View Quote

Dude! Thanks for the reminder!!! My 992 does that as well, and it’s pretty annoying. I’m grabbing the pieces to stick to the mirror mounting areas right after I post this.

Nice driving, you’re very courteous, for sure!
Was that a 991 GT3? Any mods for power? Seemed to overtake fairly easy!
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#16]

It's honestly pretty slow.  I keep a big distance from all other cars, even leading into point by zones, and the car had a really bad reverberation at around 130-135 so you can hear the RPMs drop around the Motul sign near turn 8 as I lift off and coasted into 10.  I guess its a known issues (the RS fixes this from the factor with a piece right by the mirror - I didn't have this previously on my 997s so didn't know to pick one up for the GT3) but it really caught me off guard and it was really distracting.  I tried driving through it, but it was still there at 145 so just lifted and held around 135 for the rest of the day.
View Quote

Had some wind during my sessions last weekend.   At 110 heading around a specific corner the wind came through the window in a specific way that caught my helmet and rattled the fuck out of it.   Was both funny and distracting.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:01:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#17]

I know there’s a CF version and a plastic version, and my understanding is the material doesn’t matter but there are 2-3 variants that have various supporters. The one on my RS isn’t particularly large so I don’t think it’s the size that matters.

Yes, 991.2 (2018). 100% stock (needed an exhaust and honestly for any serious track time it needs some negative camber dialed in).
View Quote

I just ordered the AWE ones, install looks pretty simple and they match factory plastic. Rennline had some stick-on ones, but figured I should do it the right way and just replace the entire piece.

Nice on the 991.2, she moves! and yeah, agree on exhaust!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:38:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#18]
Originally Posted By BlackTaco:

I just ordered the AWE ones, install looks pretty simple and they match factory plastic. Rennline had some stick-on ones, but figured I should do it the right way and just replace the entire piece.

Nice on the 991.2, she moves! and yeah, agree on exhaust!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126656/IMG_3471_png-3155461.JPG
View Quote

Archtype makes similar for the GT350/Mustang.

But I haz both an FDM and a Resin printer along with two CNC mills.

I am gonna just 3D scan my shit and design my own.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:30:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#20]
Arch type's design

5 minutes of playing in fusion with a base triangle I made of tape that would be the mounting surface for a 3D print.

Bit more playing around to thin them and make more organic.

May fire up resin printer tonight to see if I can get a useable part.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 6:01:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#22]

View Quote

45 bucks for a piece of 3/4 by 2 inch piece of plastic...

Set resin printer to work when I went to overtime tonight.   Got home with 15min to go on print.  Washed it/cures it/stuck it on.

And if I cannot tell of it does anything I will grab the dental floss and cut it right off.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 2:45:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#23]
There is no need for so much material, just being honest, but that looks bad. You can dial that down by about 10X and it will still do the trick.
This S550 guy used the 911 ones - look much better.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Finished instructor training and did a shake-down track day yesterday. Tires are finally shot, have a set to swap on in the garage. Car did well.

Gorgeous day at the racetrack.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 8:49:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#24]
The 45 bucks was the Archtype doodoo

I just refuse to pay somebody 30-40 bucks for something I can make with about 3 bucks of printer resin...

Part of it isnt just the attempt to find something that works but was also first part in hand after playing in Fusion 360.

Part of all this is to also to dial in the 3D printer as I learn what shapes it can make without it detaching from the build plate and learn the structural toughness of the resin.   Takes about 3-4 hours depending on part orientation.

Made a slightly different 3rd variant, may wind up making another set at some point more like those in those pictures above.    Bit of trial and error when bored.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:13:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#25]
The 45 bucks was the Archtype doodoo

I just refuse to pay somebody 30-40 bucks for something I can make with about 3 bucks of printer resin...

Part of it isnt just the attempt to find something that works but was also first part in hand after playing in Fusion 360.

Part of all this is to also to dial in the 3D printer as I learn what shapes it can make without it detaching from the build plate and learn the structural toughness of the resin.   Takes about 3-4 hours depending on part orientation.

Made a slightly different 3rd variant, may wind up making another set at some point more like those in those pictures above.    Bit of trial and error when bored.
View Quote

Yeah, since you have your own 3D machine, I’d highly recommend creating your own that’s low-profile. Hell, you might even be able to sell them to the S550 community. Because that Archtype is absolutely dog shit lol.

My AWE showed up today finally, which I’ll install before the next track day - the wind issues were pretty distracting yesterday. Once these are installed, they look completely stock. The average person would have no clue they aren’t factory.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:39:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Eta - just went out and installed, super quick and easy.
Before
Attachment Attached File

After
Attachment Attached File

911 is a simple T15
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Lt. Dan likes turbo Goblins too!

I finally got around to installing my turbo engine.  I procrastinated forever on that project.  I'm trying to learn how to tune now.  I'm logging a lot of Youtube hours these days.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Cixelsyd:
https://i.imgur.com/1EzFOVc.jpg
I finally got around to installing my turbo engine.  I procrastinated forever on that project.  I'm trying to learn how to tune now.  I'm logging a lot of Youtube hours these days.
View Quote

Zoom out. What are we looking at here?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

View Quote
DF Goblin kit car.

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#31]
DF Goblin kit car.
https://i.imgur.com/oZDiZPG.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

DF Goblin kit car.

Thought it might be something like that.  Looks like a load of fun!
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:32:36 AM EDT
[#32]
DF Goblin kit car.

View Quote

hell yeah these things are so cool!  Unless I'm confusing you with someone else, I recall you have a build thread/YT log out there as well.

Car pic thread!  My truck, which I miss, traded it for my Scat Pack.  I wanted something more fun since I don't drive too much (work from home).  

Loved the RAM Box feature.  Did NOT love the cheap-ass plastic wheel covers made to look like real wheels, WTF.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#33]
My C8 Corvette

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:40:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spud] [#35]
Attachment Attached File

'23 WRX Limited 6MT
2" Lift on Wildpeaks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:44:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Ponti-aking with a buddy today

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:14:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#40]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#41]

I've got to get me a Trans Am one day. I've already grown my mullet out and everything.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:18:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Recently, I sold my car, and now I'm considering leasing a new one. I'm a bit confused if it's a good decision in 2024. I checked out the best car lease deals for 2024 and found some great offers, but I need more suggestions, please.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#43]
https://i.imgur.com/1EzFOVc.jpg
View Quote
Oh damn.
Page / 67
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked Let's see your cars. (Page 67 of 67)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top