Link Posted: 3/28/2016 7:06:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Did someone say ATC?

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Arai Colin Edwards
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Scorpion XTO-1200 Alias helmet last August.

It's light, has great ventilation, great fit and runs true to size, adjustable cheek pads (air), great visibility, inner smoke visor (I love these).

It's loud, really fucking loud from the wind noise. I'm currently playing around with the vents to try and quiet this thing down.

Not recommended due to the noise. Louder than a BILT modular helmet...

$300-$329

Scorpion Helmet

ETA: all my helmets sport the BFL...
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Helmet. Does this count.

Edit: ooops this isn't GD. o well

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#5]

For this..

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 11:10:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Arai RX-Q Thunder as my daily.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Placeholder. Got a new helmet coming in this week.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#8]
All I can say is,

Get a good one, wear it always, use it once.

I've broken 6 good helmets over the years.....

but never my head - well, took a couple naps....

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Get a good one, wear it always, use it once.

View Quote

Great advice. Never reuse a helmet that has received an impact.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Early AFX helmets were junk.
Their full face helmets were really not full faced helmets.
They didn't have any EPS foam for the chin bar and in fact were really only 3/4 helmets as far as EPS coverage goes.
I owned one until the local parts guy pointed it out.
The new ones don't have those issues.

I have Arai and Shoei helmets.
For my dirt bike I have a Speed and Strength and an AGV.

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#11]
And some of the newer full faced helmets that have the visor that slides up into the helmet (like the Shoei GT Air) are not Snell rated.

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Early AFX helmets were junk.
Their full face helmets were really not full faced helmets.
They didn't have any EPS foam for the chin bar and in fact were really only 3/4 helmets as far as EPS coverage goes.
I owned one until the local parts guy pointed it out.
The new ones don't have those issues.

I have Arai and Shoei helmets.
For my dirt bike I have a Speed and Strength and an AGV.

View Quote

It's a brand new one.

And is only for trial riding so I'm not too worried.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Did someone say ATC?

View Quote

LOL!
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Ive had Suomy, AGV and Bell.  All were good, the Suomy fit me the best.  

Arai and Shoei are excellent as well.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Araia XD line fits me like it was cutom made.  I wish a cheaper one did, but I love my XD 3 and 4
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Just got a Caberg Tourmax from Germany...fucking LOVE it....best helmet design out there IMHO, and it's incredibly comfortable....best of all worlds, truly, the only thing I could possibly complain about is that it's not super quiet but I wear earplugs no matter what I have on.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just got a Caberg Tourmax from Germany...fucking LOVE it....best helmet design out there IMHO, and it's incredibly comfortable....best of all worlds, truly, the only thing I could possibly complain about is that it's not super quiet but I wear earplugs no matter what I have on.

http://www.motostorm.it/images/products/large/caschi_modulari/caberg_tourmax_sonic_bianco.jpg

View Quote

I love the thumb flip sun visor on my Neotec.  And modular helmets in general.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

http://www.motostorm.it/images/products/large/caschi_modulari/caberg_tourmax_sonic_bianco.jpg

View Quote

Nice helmet...that has the features I like....and around $300? Any links for selling/shipping to US?
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nice helmet...that has the features I like....and around $300? Any links for selling/shipping to US?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This please!
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tons of Euro vendors sell them, I paid $250ish from here:

http://www.motoin.de/Helme/Klapp-Helme/Caberg-TOURMAX-Sonic::32081.html?products_id=32081&language=en

Request USPS or DHL shipping if you can, avoid any import BS that FedEx or UPS can hit you with.

Here's a huge thread about it with a lot of reviews and other vendors:

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/caberg-tourmax.960301/
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Arai and Shoei for me. My Arai saved my life.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Arai RX-7 Corsair "Jolly Roger"

I've had many other helmets, but this is the only one I still own.  I also don't currently own a bike
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Shoei Neotec in matte gray here.

I'll never buy another matte finish helmet. Too hard to clean the bugs off!
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

How is the fit of the helmet?  Is it similar to a Shoei by any chance?
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Both this and the Caberg Trip I had before it have a round shape...pretty neutral and similar to most of the Shoei's I've tried. I found Arai's more narrow boat shape to not fit me well if that helps.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#26]
" />

Simpson Street Warrior ; great helmet but a bit noisy for bikes. Shield is not inset & bottom edge is very square.
Usually wear plugs anyway for any ride more than down the street.
Stay safe
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I use an HJC in a matte finish, cannot agree more. Never again.

I am looking to replace it with a Neotec.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got a Nolan that I absolutely love.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 4:23:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Are there any reasonably priced modular ones out there that aren't extremely noisy?
View Quote

I think my Nolan modular is pretty decent. It's a bit loud but I can easily talk on the phone or listen to music while doing 80 ish.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Are there any reasonably priced modular ones out there that aren't extremely noisy?
View Quote

Most modulars are a little noisy. Here's where I mention that you're begging for tinnitus without riding with ear-plugs anyway, which negates virtually all noisy helmets thus killing two birds with one disposable foam appliance.

Srsly, even quiet helmets won't shield you from the volume of wind noise that can damage hearing.

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I already have tinnitus courtesy of the army!

My concern with ear plugs is..the possibility of them blocking something you may want to hear..like another vehicle...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most modulars are a little noisy. Here's where I mention that you're begging for tinnitus without riding with ear-plugs anyway, which negates virtually all noisy helmets thus killing two birds with one disposable foam appliance.

Srsly, even quiet helmets won't shield you from the volume of wind noise that can damage hearing.

I already have tinnitus courtesy of the army!

My concern with ear plugs is..the possibility of them blocking something you may want to hear..like another vehicle...

They just reduce sound like a volume control, they don't eliminated it...I haven't found any loss in ability to hear surrounding traffic or other vehicles.

A custom set of ear molds (which are relatively cheap, and very comfortable) can actually make your hearing more acute during a ride by blocking the more harmful frequencies and still allowing you to hear other sounds at normal levels.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top