BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 46
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

I’ve got 4 Challngers sitting in my barn right now and the only way I’d add another is if there was a good deal on a Demon or 170. My 19 Redeye is the top dog of my stable.
View Quote

All late model?

You should post pics.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By shocktrp:

All late model?

You should post pics.
View Quote

Yes, all current models. My first was a 2010 SRT8, 6.1 6M. I modified it cosmetically with a shaker hood system and Cragar SS wheels that were available back then. I also installed a Hurst pistol grip shifter. Then came a 15 Hellcat, 6M in red, 16 Scat Pack 392 Shaker 6M in Plum Crazy then the 19 Hellcat Redeye with the A8 in F8 Green, as no manual was offered. Please note that this was taken before my new lawn was put in, for obvious reasons.

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#4]
ve

Yes, all current models. My first was a 2010 SRT8, 6.1 6M. I modified it cosmetically with a shaker hood system and Cragar SS wheels that were available back then. I also installed a Hurst pistol grip shifter. Then came a 15 Hellcat, 6M in red, 16 Scat Pack 392 Shaker 6M in Plum Crazy then the 19 Hellcat Redeye with the A8 in F8 Green, as no manual was offered. Please note that this was taken before my new lawn was put in, for obvious reasons.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54333/6C84E5EA-F99E-49BE-BA4D-BEE13432E84B-1571350.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54333/DE90CD20-1E3F-4A34-8568-59FF46C26BFE-1571347.jpg
View Quote

Very nice, recall seeing these in other threads.

how do you like the widebody compared to the classic narrow body?
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:40:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#6]
mmmmmm F8 green HC
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:
ve
Very nice, recall seeing these in other threads.

how do you like the widebody compared to the classic narrow body?
View Quote

It's nice to have more contact patch with the bigger tires but I don't race or anything so its actual value to me is more cosmetic than anything.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:44:14 AM EDT
[#8]
https://www.motor1.com/news/711092/dodge-challenger-dead/

In terms of size, the new Charger Daytona coupe is bigger than the Challenger it replaces with a 121.0-inch wheelbase and a total length of 206.5 inches, compared to the Challenger's 116.0-inch wheelbase and 197.9-inch total length. It's also wider than the Challenger by 8.6 inches; 84.3 inches compared to 75.7.
View Quote

Funny how they're not releasing the weight - probably 4600+ for the EV and 6K for the EV.

So it's going to be even tighter to put in a standard garage - this is even wider than my 2500HD (& probably heavier for the EV).

Fat people are going to have to get out of the 2-door version in the driveway and find someone to put it away...

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#9]

It's nice to have more contact patch with the bigger tires but I don't race or anything so its actual value to me is more cosmetic than anything.
View Quote

I've debated going to a HC but cost-wise I'd be looking at narrow body.  But I like my WB so I'd be torn.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#10]

I've debated going to a HC but cost-wise I'd be looking at narrow body.  But I like my WB so I'd be torn.
View Quote

As I recall the widebody was part of a package that included more stuff beyond the Bushwacker flares. Kind of like when I bought my 392 Wrangler a couple years ago, I got the XR package because of everything that came with it, beyond the flares. I'm glad I did as that Jeep is the best one I've ever owned. Too bad they are dropping it this year. I really hoped they would offer a 392 version of the Gladiator because mine could really use a power upgrade, to say the least.

Obligatory pic of the 392 Jeep.

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I just checked with my service manager at the dealership near me.  Package of 4 oil changes and tire rotations for $350, $87.50 each.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#12]

As I recall the widebody was part of a package that included more stuff beyond the Bushwacker flares. Kind of like when I bought my 392 Wrangler a couple years ago, I got the XR package because of everything that came with it, beyond the flares. I'm glad I did as that Jeep is the best one I've ever owned. Too bad they are dropping it this year. I really hoped they would offer a 392 version of the Gladiator because mine could really use a power upgrade, to say the least.

Obligatory pic of the 392 Jeep.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54333/EBC130E2-1DF6-404E-AECB-23490419EA07-2363858.jpg
View Quote

very cool, your place is Mopar central!
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#13]

very cool, your place is Mopar central!
View Quote

True but I have other brands as well. No foreign makes, nothing against them just not my choice.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#14]
2024 Dodge Charger Daytona Scat Pack is HEAVY, SLOW, & LOSES 80 HP in 2025
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I don’t think the new Charger is all that bad, it’s just so damn plain looking. Hardly any character to the body at all. Add that squinty looking grill and it doesn’t make for the best set up at all.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#16]
https://www.motor1.com/news/711092/dodge-challenger-dead/

Funny how they're not releasing the weight - probably 4600+ for the EV and 6K for the EV.

So it's going to be even tighter to put in a standard garage - this is even wider than my 2500HD (& probably heavier for the EV).

Fat people are going to have to get out of the 2-door version in the driveway and find someone to put it away...

View Quote

It’s gonna chew through those soft 305s and 325s. Heavy, awd, instant tq, and spirited driving.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I don’t think the new Charger is all that bad, it’s just so damn plain looking. Hardly any character to the body at all. Add that squinty looking grill and it doesn’t make for the best set up at all.
View Quote

agree, it seems very watered down.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Dropped my car off for oil change and tire rotation, they have a stable of Challengers and Chargers on hand.  Showroom had four Hellcats, one Super Bee, two TRXs, and a Demon with a cover on it.  Demon sort of looked used, tires were dirty.

The frostbite really popped.  I liked it more than I usually do just seeing the color in passing on the road.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Dropped my car off for oil change and tire rotation, they have a stable of Challengers and Chargers on hand.  Showroom had four Hellcats, one Super Bee, two TRXs, and a Demon with a cover on it.  Demon sort of looked used, tires were dirty.

The frostbite really popped.  I liked it more than I usually do just seeing the color in passing on the road.

https://i.imgur.com/xisIGGnh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OKAp96Ph.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LfK6kC4h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gmajvR5h.jpg
View Quote

Still trying to gouge people with markups?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Still trying to gouge people with markups?
View Quote

These were sticker surprisingly, I've seen this dealer mark up pretty badly before.  Never bought a car here but do my service with them.

That said, the stickers are freaking high anyway for the Jailbreaks.  I didnt realize.  Hellcats were all over $81k and I think the super bee was like $71k?  ooof.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 12:57:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I just checked with my service manager at the dealership near me.  Package of 4 oil changes and tire rotations for $350, $87.50 each.
View Quote

They have a Mopar promo too

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:01:32 AM EDT
[#23]

hmm that price is better, all well.  not sure if the "up to 6" plays into it but I'll ask about this next time if it's still live.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Well the daytona thing….

I like electric cars when it comes to something fun to drive.  

But the fake electric growl noise it makes is beyond stupid.  I wouldnt buy a first year chrysler EV anyways but damn.  

I wonder how cheap theyll get when the daytona bombs hard?  

May be worth getting if theyre pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#25]

hmm that price is better, all well.  not sure if the "up to 6" plays into it but I'll ask about this next time if it's still live.
View Quote

SP's take 7 quarts.
You can bet they charge you $25+ for quart #7.

Still cheaper to do it yourself (& you don't have to drop it at the dealer).

The SP oil change is easier than my truck because Dodge put the drain plug on the back instead of on the side (like Chevy does to the LSx style motors).
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:25:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Inspired by this thread and a not rainy day for my 5.7 manual challenger..

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#28]

SP's take 7 quarts.
You can bet they charge you $25+ for quart #7.

Still cheaper to do it yourself (& you don't have to drop it at the dealer).

The SP oil change is easier than my truck because Dodge put the drain plug on the back instead of on the side (like Chevy does to the LSx style motors).
View Quote

I have thought about getting the gear needed to do it myself.  For now, $87 for oil change and tire rotation seems reasonable.  Plus i wanted to bring it in this time to get my battery looked at, remote start wasnt working.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:58:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Needed? No.  It could help in the long term.  I added one and it's captured about 1/2 cup of oil over 11k miles since I bought mine new in 2020.
View Quote

Good to know
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Butternut:

Nice to hear you still have your Chally. If I'm remembering right, she's white with red seats? Rock on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:
Inspired by this thread and a not rainy day for my 5.7 manual challenger..

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20267/IMG_0920_jpeg-3155107.JPG

Nice to hear you still have your Chally. If I'm remembering right, she's white with red seats? Rock on.
Affirm

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:05:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

I'm such a whore for the Shaker.  It just looks so damn good on these cars.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Beautiful day here on Long Island. Took the SPWB down the Wantagh Parkway to the Jones Beach water tower and back on a leisurely drive.

There was this one particularly clear, straight length of parkway without traffic or any NY State Troopers to be seen. Figured it would be the perfect stretch for an "Italian Tune-up." Aside from the sensory experience of that NA 8-cylinder beast opening up, I was giggling about the seeming fraction of time it took to go from ~50 MPH to something approaching three figures, without the car breaking a sweat. I've had this car for three years, and it still never fails to bring a smile to my face. It (and the Charger) truly is the ultimate American (by way of Brantford, Ontario) V8 grand tourer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TLWrench:
Beautiful day here on Long Island. Took the SPWB down the Wantagh Parkway to the Jones Beach water tower and back on a leisurely drive.

There was this one particularly clear, straight length of parkway without traffic or any NY State Troopers to be seen. Figured it would be the perfect stretch for an "Italian Tune-up." Aside from the sensory experience of that NA 8-cylinder beast opening up, I was giggling about the seeming fraction of time it took to go from ~50 MPH to something approaching three figures, without the car breaking a sweat. I've had this car for three years, and it still never fails to bring a smile to my face. It (and the Charger) truly is the ultimate American (by way of Brantford, Ontario) V8 grand tourer.
View Quote

Almost car show season.

Attachment Attached File

Also, SCRAMBUL 1/4 & 1/2 mile racing at Calverton coming up on April 13/14.

(RTNS 1/8 mile racing at Calverton not announced yet - usually towards the end of the summer.)
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Almost car show season.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48896/111_jpg-3158854.JPG

(RTNS 1/8 mile racing at Calverton not announced yet - usually towards the end of the summer.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TLWrench:

Almost car show season.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48896/111_jpg-3158854.JPG

Neat!
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 3:10:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:47:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zak-Smith] [#39]
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:07:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#41]
https://www.bomninchryslerdodgejeepram.com/new/Dodge/2023-Dodge-Challenger-4db2edde0a0e08340090d3f87005e0d9.htm?

Is this price legit, it seems crazy good?
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:04:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#42]
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:
https://www.bomninchryslerdodgejeepram.com/new/Dodge/2023-Dodge-Challenger-4db2edde0a0e08340090d3f87005e0d9.htm?

Is this price legit, it seems crazy good?
View Quote

No. Every dealer does this and it is deceitful.  

1. Dealer discount. They'll make that up in a ridiculously high interest rate (the way you counter that is make sure there is no prepayment penalty on the loan, then accept the financing, and pay it off within 30 days either with cash or a credit union loan - this allows you to pay minimal interest). It doesn't say that a trade is required (which some dealers actually do), but they will probably be looking to get you to do a trade in so they can fuck you on that too.

2. Incentives. They know if you're lucky you will qualify for 1 of these, but nobody qualifies for all.
- The cash section is most likely already included in the dealer discount section.
- Stand alone APR - negates the cash incentive, and you have to live within that dealer's business area
- Prime standard retail - you must live in the dealer area.
- Military - must be active duty; or discharged honorably within 12 months; or 100% disabled veteran to get $500 off
- Employee - must be a Stellantis employee to get $3K off
- Drivability/automobility - must have vehicle converted to handicap accessible to get $1K off (which would never apply to a 2 door car)
- Non-prime cash - negates the other prime loan - you need shit credit to get $750 back.

You probably could get it for $34K (which IMO is still overpriced) & high interest for a basic RT with almost no options.
You will have the shitty 7" radio, no performance pages, no limited slip differential, & you will be missing a whole host of other things that are standard on the SP.
It wouldn't even make sense to buy this to do a motor swap or pro charge it to make it a drag car - it's missing too much stuff.
Personally I wouldn't buy it even at the $28K price.  

https://www.dodge.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDZBT1PH695239

https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=2C3CDZBT1PH695239

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:47:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#45]
I am also convinced the ZF is programmed differently for the 5.7s too - without a bunch of modding or tuning, you won't get tire spinning seemingly endless power at both the low end and high. Just my 2cents.

View Quote

correct, and I'm intentionally being vague here...
I work at a drive train R&D facility that did these, there are aspects "engineered" into each model so they don't compete with each other.

ex. take a blacktop 5.7 that is basically a track pack that has software changes for engine/transmission and removal of the track pack
function/pages on the test track. after putting it back to track pack its SO different. drive it 80mph in track mode, punch it and
it spins the rear wheels. wont do that in stock config.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#47]

No. Every dealer does this and it is deceitful.  

1. Dealer discount. They'll make that up in a ridiculously high interest rate (the way you counter that is make sure there is no prepayment penalty on the loan, then accept the financing, and pay it off within 30 days either with cash or a credit union loan - this allows you to pay minimal interest). It doesn't say that a trade is required (which some dealers actually do), but they will probably be looking to get you to do a trade in so they can fuck you on that too.

2. Incentives. They know if you're lucky you will qualify for 1 of these, but nobody qualifies for all.
- The cash section is most likely already included in the dealer discount section.
- Stand alone APR - negates the cash incentive, and you have to live within that dealer's business area
- Prime standard retail - you must live in the dealer area.
- Military - must be active duty; or discharged honorably within 12 months; or 100% disabled veteran to get $500 off
- Employee - must be a Stellantis employee to get $3K off
- Drivability/automobility - must have vehicle converted to handicap accessible to get $1K off (which would never apply to a 2 door car)
- Non-prime cash - negates the other prime loan - you need shit credit to get $750 back.

You probably could get it for $34K (which IMO is still overpriced) & high interest for a basic RT with almost no options.
You will have the shitty 7" radio, no performance pages, no limited slip differential, & you will be missing a whole host of other things that are standard on the SP.
It wouldn't even make sense to buy this to do a motor swap or pro charge it to make it a drag car - it's missing too much stuff.
Personally I wouldn't buy it even at the $28K price.  

https://www.dodge.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDZBT1PH695239

https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=2C3CDZBT1PH695239

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48896/001_jpg-3160487.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48896/002_jpg-3160488.JPG
View Quote

Oh, and I forgot to mention the dealer is charging you $1K for a document fee, and $400 for them to file for your registration electronically (plus your actual, tax, title, and registration fees)...
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#48]
"Like" button. Brother, you are the expert here on the buying and transaction stuff here.
View Quote

yeah, good stuff here.

As Butternut said, the 5.7 is cool but the 392 is where the Challenger and Charger start to shine.  Bonus for anything above that (which I'm STILL window shopping, ugh).

If a little mileage isnt a concern, there are some on truecar in the 30k's.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By mrrick:

correct, and I'm intentionally being vague here...
I work at a drive train R&D facility that did these, there are aspects "engineered" into each model so they don't compete with each other.

ex. take a blacktop 5.7 that is basically a track pack that has software changes for engine/transmission and removal of the track pack
function/pages on the test track. after putting it back to track pack its SO different. drive it 80mph in track mode, punch it and
it spins the rear wheels. wont do that in stock config.
View Quote

@mrrick

Wait, a 5.7 will lose traction at 80mph with, essentially, a tune?  My Scat Pack doesn't do that.  

Wasn't the track pack an option on older models?  Sounds like you have some inside knowledge but I'm confused by the post.  Without offering more than you're allowed - school me, I must know more!
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top