User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 46
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

@mrrick

Wait, a 5.7 will lose traction at 80mph with, essentially, a tune?  My Scat Pack doesn't do that.  

Wasn't the track pack an option on older models?  Sounds like you have some inside knowledge but I'm confused by the post.  Without offering more than you're allowed - school me, I must know more!
View Quote

I try to keep my trap shut.
all I was vague about is so I dont get canned.
my listed state is incorrect because certain people could figure this out.

it was all using "factory" equipment for R&D purposes of the drive train prior to production release.
I get to play work and dont have to worry so much about damage, except going off track.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mrrick:

it was all using "factory" equipment for R&D purposes of the drive train prior to production release.
I get to play work and dont have to worry so much about damage, except going off track.
View Quote

Hell yeah this place has everyone cool!
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:

Hell yeah this place has everyone cool!
View Quote

lol indeed
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:39:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mrrick:

View Quote

understood.  wish i could get my SP ramped up like that!
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:52:23 AM EDT
[#5]
A set of used, forged 3 piece 19x12.5 wheels Wesley Motorsports ran on their Widebody race car at Pike’s Peak came in needing a new inner barrel on one. That re-barreled wheel arrived this week from the manufacturer.

The offsets (-22) are kind of wild because they wanted to run 355’s on all corners. Something like a -12 might’ve still cleared the suspension up front and tucked them more (you could run offset 0 out back and completely tuck ).

On my last dozen wheel/ tire upgrades on prior cars, I always considered any poke excessive. These massive 355 tires on all corners look hyper aggressive and ride great.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Butternut:

Moar pics please?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Citizen904:
A set of used, forged 3 piece 19x12.5 wheels Wesley Motorsports ran on their Widebody race car at Pike's Peak came in needing a new inner barrel on one. That re-barreled wheel arrived this week from the manufacturer.

The offsets (-22) are kind of wild because they wanted to run 355's on all corners. Something like a -12 might've still cleared the suspension up front and tucked them more (you could run offset 0 out back and completely tuck ).

On my last dozen wheel/ tire upgrades on prior cars, I always considered any poke excessive. These massive 355 tires on all corners look hyper aggressive and ride great.

https://i.ibb.co/60BL3fm/IMG-2817.jpg

Moar pics please?

looks INSANE!
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:04:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Larger pic for everyone:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/88366/IMG-2817-3163011.jpg

View Quote

Mad Max vibes!
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Man, I really want a manual transmission Hellcat Challenger.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm loving it, and hope he posts moar pics. I gotta wonder, with everything in "track" and traction turned low or off (ima chicken to ever turn it off completely), I wonder if he can even get that beast to spin at all when hammered or in launch.
View Quote

I bet yes with the torque these cars have but who knows.  if it grips that well, should be some epic 0-60 times.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#13]

I bet yes with the torque these cars have but who knows.  if it grips that well, should be some epic 0-60 times.
View All Quotes
I'm loving it, and hope he posts moar pics. I gotta wonder, with everything in "track" and traction turned low or off (ima chicken to ever turn it off completely), I wonder if he can even get that beast to spin at all when hammered or in launch.

That car is absolutely going to spin on a hard launch, prepped track or not, they're still street tires.
If i thought that would work I would be looking to get the same setup.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By shocktrp:

That car is absolutely going to spin on a hard launch, prepped track or not, they're still street tires.
If i thought that would work I would be looking to get the same setup.
View Quote

agree.  Insane how much of a difference they make though.  The oem pirelli a/s are just simply awful.  It's like they WANT the car to spin easier off the lot.  The were low on road noise though, I'll give them that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Scumbag dealer gets caught playing the markdown on the website game, then mark it back up when you get people on the lot - gets called out on social media, tells the gut "STFU" - now it's been picked up by several YouTubers.
Butter also has a video on it where he has the CEO of the autogroup responding to him.

Hemet CDJR Responds, Bad Reviews And More
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:10:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Scumbag dealer gets caught playing the markdown on the website game, then mark it back up when you get people on the lot - gets called out on social media, tells the gut "STFU" - now it's been picked up by several YouTubers.
Butter also has a video on it where he has the CEO of the autogroup responding to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puklQ35KQ_c
View Quote

I remember seeing links to listing from them. Glad I didn't try to buy one. Damn I'd have been pissed
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:06:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#17]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:

I remember seeing links to listing from them. Glad I didn't try to buy one. Damn I'd have been pissed
View Quote

I think this might have been the dealer who falsely advertised Jeep Gladiators for 20% under MSRP.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Can sometime suggest a Jack and Jack stands for my charger scar?   I smashed my wheel on a shitty curb and realized I needed some new tools to lift it. Have to get a new tire now.   So pissed at myself. I barely rubbed the curb

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:20:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#20]
Originally Posted By Iguana775:
Can sometime suggest a Jack and Jack stands for my charger scar?   I smashed my wheel on a shitty curb and realized I needed some new tools to lift it. Have to get a new tire now.   So pissed at myself. I barely rubbed the curb

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310783/IMG_8973_jpeg-3169974.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310783/IMG_8966_jpeg-3169975.JPG
View Quote

can't help with stands but i can tell you that is easily/cheap fixed. Just a matter of finding a guy.

fuck man, even chunked the tire.  I've been there.  I rashed my wheel pretty good once and a dealer rashed another one on a separate occasion.  Mine was worse than yours in one case.  Repair guy made it look like new for like $20.  I was actually kinda blown away.

I found the guy by asking the sales manager at my local CDJR dealer and they were willing to share his contact info.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#21]

can't help with stands but i can tell you that is easily/cheap fixed. Just a matter of finding a guy.

fuck man, even chunked the tire.  I've been there.  I rashed my wheel pretty good once and a dealer rashed another one on a separate occasion.  Mine was worse than yours in one case.  Repair guy made it look like new for like $20.  I was actually kinda blown away.

I found the guy by asking the sales manager at my local CDJR dealer and they were willing to share his contact info.
View Quote

Yes. The guy at discount tire gave me a guy to call to fix the rim. Just annoyed. Only have 1000 miles on it
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Yes. The guy at discount tire gave me a guy to call to fix the rim. Just annoyed. Only have 1000 miles on it
View Quote

I feel you man, it was the same for me.  Car hadnt even been rained on yet and I fucked the wheel up.  Totally my fault, I was gutted but the ease at which it was fixed made me feel a lot better.

Over on Forumz there was at least one vote for Harbor freight, appears they have a bunch of different weight classes.  Might be an option as long as low profile.  Others will be along here with suggestions, I recall some in this thread do their own changes.  I think jack stands are probably better than race ramps for someone working on a car alone.

Challenger Forums link:
https://www.challengerforumz.com/threads/floor-jacks.157005/

side note: cant recall his tag but long time member almost died working on a car, got crushed. Or he did die and they brought him back. He posts annually about it.  Anyway vewy vewy careful out there fellas!

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#23]
As far as jacks go, I am going to look into something like this-

$100 at Amazon

You need compressed air, but it beats lugging a heavy floor jack around.

Some mobile guys had one and fixed a flat on my folks Tesla a week or so back and they had a similar one. I had never seen one before.

It made quick work of things and hardly needs any space (both for use and storage).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#24]

I feel you man, it was the same for me.  Car hadnt even been rained on yet and I fucked the wheel up.  Totally my fault, I was gutted but the ease at which it was fixed made me feel a lot better.

Over on Forumz there was at least one vote for Harbor freight, appears they have a bunch of different weight classes.  Might be an option as long as low profile.  Others will be along here with suggestions, I recall some in this thread do their own changes.  I think jack stands are probably better than race ramps for someone working on a car alone.

Challenger Forums link:

side note: cant recall his tag but long time member almost died working on a car, got crushed. Or he did die and they brought him back. He posts annually about it.  Anyway vewy vewy careful out there fellas!

View Quote

Yea. Was looking at the HF one. Might go with one of them
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Challenger Forums link:

The Daytona low profile long reach jack is super nice for the money. I have one for my lower cars and it works very well for my needs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Demon 170 while getting my oil changed this morning. Asking 100k ADM.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By tcmass:
https://i.ibb.co/2Sg7c2C/IMG-9440.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/q5hnWYS/IMG-9441.jpg

Demon 170 while getting my oil changed this morning. Asking 100k ADM.
View Quote

driving off with it?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#28]

driving off with it?
View Quote

Had to tear up the check, decided it was just cheaper to get the oil change
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:58:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Had to tear up the check, decided it was just cheaper to get the oil change
View Quote

smart man
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#31]
first water wash of the year!  I typical maintain with quick detailer but a water wash was in order, car was covered in dust and such from pollen and the yard work I was doing over the weekend.  Ceramic coating is still in decent shape, water beads off when i hit it with the leaf blower.

I do still need to get in there and give some attention to the wheels.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#32]
first water wash of the year!  I typical maintain with quick detailer but a water wash was in order, car was covered in dust and such from pollen and the yard work I was doing over the weekend.  Ceramic coating is still in decent shape, water beads off when i hit it with the leaf blower.

I do still need to get in there and give some attention to the wheels.

https://i.imgur.com/TWmdUVL.jpg
View Quote

Damn sharp!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

Damn sharp!
View Quote

Thanks.  I'll need to have the PPF looked at next year, will probably remove it then it'll get another paint correction and more ceramic.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:31:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperHeavy] [#35]
Anyone else ever get profiled?

Yesterday I was followed in a small town (out of state plates). Turning left down a small backroad where there is some stores.

Cop pulls behind me and follows. I decided to pull into the parking lot that's between 6x businesses just to see... they drive past, take the next turn into the parking lot, park in front of the store blocking traffic and watch me.  I had no intention of going in those stores, but I played dumb, got out, gave the two cops watching me a nod and walked into the store.  

They drove off slightly after, probably didn't expect a younger white guy to walk out of the car. They probably sat there and left after running my plates.

Small town with probably at most 4 cops on duty. This was two cops in a Chevy Tahoe. I've literally driven like a grandpa not wanting added attention with out of state plates and still get it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I am definitely more aware of my status as a bright red dodge sportscar with very dark windows.  

My usual vehicles are worktrucks or the minivan.  I feel almost invisible in the dually boxvan.  

It doesnt help that the dodge has plates from jefferson co (louisville) instead of my little county.  I have no idea why it ended up that way.  Next time i go to the dmv ill get a veteran plate to hopefully get a little mercy from would be pullers over.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm constantly pulled over in my Chrysler hotrods. They're not the newer Challenger, Charger, etc. but they get me pulled over just the same. I spend a decent chunk of each summer collecting warnings from the constabulary of many different municipalities while on my travels.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#38]
same here, I am mindful of how my car looks and what a cop might expect to see behind the wheel.  right or wrong, is what it is.  my car is purple with tint and these cars are popular among young city kids.

Got pulled over last year for speeding.  Cop could have written me up for sure, I was going kind of fast and the car stands out.

Few minutes of friendly chat and I went on my way with a warning.  Got lucky.

My area might be a little less sensitive to it, you cant get a mile down the road without seeing multiple challengers, chargers, mustangs, comaros.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:48:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#39]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#42]
If anyone is still looking for a new 23 and selection is more important than price, you may wanna check out Koons in Tysons/NOVA. I was just snooping around, and it kinda looks like they took delivery of almost every Scat and HC Dodge had available. I mean, it's nuts how many they have in stock. They are a big player and have done this before. When we bought our first SP from them, the sales dude told me they somehow got every remaining Trackhawk at their dealership, at that time - I asked when I noticed they had a lot literally full of em.

According to their website, they are not currently marking them down like other dealers that have the odd handful of V8s left are doing. But holy cow, if you want a particular color or package, they probably got it right now.

holy 23 new inventory batman
View Quote

A lot of M6 hellcats for $69K.

PCP Hellcat A8 for $72K.
If the big discounts come back I would be tempted.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Zak-Smith:
FWIW, I tried to buy a HC from Koons a few months ago.  Was going to pay cash (cashier's check or wire) and either fly in or have it shipped.  The sales guy basically lost my sale. He said it was impossible to do a cash sale that and I would have to get a loan from them in order to buy the car.  He also said that I would not get the title, but that they would, quote "get the license plates for you".  Whole lot of WTF.  

I ended up, instead, buying from New York (Cobleskill) and having it shipped via Southern Integrity and the deal was super smooth.
View Quote

They make money on the financing, that's why.
Never tell them you're paying cash.
Let them fuck you as hard as they want on the interest rate if it gets you lower principal, then go pay off the loan with a cashiers check the next day.
It will ding your credit for a month or two, then it will go back to normal.
Make sure you read the fine print so that there is no pre-payment penalty - the penalty is illegal in some states, but not all.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#45]

They make money on the financing, that's why.
Never tell them you're paying cash.
Let them fuck you as hard as they want on the interest rate if it gets you lower principal, then go pay off the loan with a cashiers check the next day.
It will ding your credit for a month or two, then it will go back to normal.
Make sure you read the fine print so that there is no pre-payment penalty - the penalty is illegal in some states, but not all.
View Quote

+1 good post
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:13:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zak-Smith] [#46]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Zak-Smith:
All true, but I'm also not going to do business with people who do that.

I saw a black Scat Pack in Fort Collins today with the plate "BLKPACK".  
View Quote

Mine is “SM0KSH0”
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:03:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#48]

Mine is “SM0KSH0”
View Quote

I see we have similar tastes in plate naming convention, mine is HLLRZN.

I'm road tripping it from Charlotte to Orlando tomorrow!  Weather looks great.  Solo ride so I can do what I want with no wife to yell at me.  

Will leave at 4am and be there for lunch.  Shooting for sub 8 hours!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#50]
And in NY you can't even cover your vin - because the dickheads print it on your registration and inspection stickers...

How To Steal And Dodge And Other Cars With Just A Vin Number!
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top