User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yet.

Going off the info I had read I didn't think it was necessary, especially considering i have a range disabler.
So I bit the bullet, ordered a Diablo Tuner on the 12 and puralator lost it.
View Quote

Reason I ask is because it will run kind of how you describe till you get the correct tune for it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#2]
If I am not mistaken, to get it to run with the range disabler and the hardware removed, you would still need the old valley plate connected to the engine harness so the ecm would still think everything is ok. There was a guy on a ls tech forum that for $50.00, you could send him your ecm and he would disable the afm and mail it back to you. I used him a few times in the past since I didn't require a custom tune with a bigger cam. Keep us posted after you get it tuned.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I cant believe this is still being argued. Pull the ECM and sent it to Sinister Performance in South Bend, IN. They can put a tune in it and delete the AFM from the system al at the same time for a few bucks and you will be back on the road again. When he did mine he told me to pull the TCM and send that one with it and he would reprogram the shifting on it so it would downshift like it should have from the factory at no extra charge.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top