Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Daily Prayer and Meditation (Page 10 of 11)
Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:21:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Roman Rite, Lesson reading for today:

Wisdom 5: 1-5
Then shall the just stand with great
constancy against those that have
afflicted them and taken away their
labors. These seeing it, shall be
troubled with terrible fear, and shall be
amazed at the suddenness of their
unexpected salvation, saying within
themselves, repenting, and groaning
for anguish of spirit: These are they
whom we had some time in derision
and for a parable of reproach. We
fools esteemed their life madness and
their end without honour; behold how
they are numbered among the
children of God, and their lot is among the Saints.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:22:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Gospel reading for today, Second Sunday after Easter:

John 10: 11-16
At that time Jesus said to the
Pharisees: I am the good Shepherd.
The good Shepherd giveth his life for
his sheep. But the hireling, and he that
is not the shepherd, whose own the
sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming
and leaveth the sheep and flieth: and
the wolf catcheth and scattereth the
sheep: and the hireling flieth, because
he is a hireling, and he hath no care
for the sheep. I am the good
Shepherd: and I know Mine, and Mine
know Me, as the Father knoweth Me,
and I know the Father: and I lay down
My life for My sheep. And other sheep
I have that are not of this fold: them
also I must bring, and they shall hear
My voice, and there shall be one fold
and one shepherd.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:32:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Amen.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:32:09 AM EDT
[#4]
O God, great in power, unsearchable in understanding, wondrous in counsels towards the children of men, do Thou fill with the gift of Thy Holy Spirit those whom Thou dost will to undertake the degree of the priesthood that they may be worthy to stand before Thy holy altar unblamably, to announce the Gospel of Thy kingdom, to administer the Word of Thy Truth, to offer gifts and spiritual sacrifices unto Thee, and to renew Thy people in the laver of regeneration; that at the second coming of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ, Thine only begotten Son, they may go forth to meet Him, and by the multitude of Thy mercies receive their reward; for Thy venerable and majestic Name is blessed and glorified. Amen. - Eastern Liturgy, 3rd century
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:
Now to God,
who has suffered so much for us,
who at once has given us so many good things,
and will yet give so much more,
to this God let every creature who is in heaven or on the earth,
in the sea or in the depth of the abyss,
render praise, glory, honor and blessing.
He is himself our virtue and our strength.
He alone is good, lofty, almighty, admirable, and glorious;
the only holy One, worthy of praise and blessed through ages of ages. Amen - St Francis of Assisi, 13th century
View Quote

Amen! not to derail, reading that reminded me of this song of Michael W. Smith, 1 of my
favorites to see and hear performed;

You are Holy (Prince of Peace) - Michael W. Smith
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:41:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By G1F2-EE:

Amen! not to derail, reading that reminded me of this song of Michael W. Smith, 1 of my

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsYyuK1w3q0
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By G1F2-EE:
Now to God,
who has suffered so much for us,
who at once has given us so many good things,
and will yet give so much more,
to this God let every creature who is in heaven or on the earth,
in the sea or in the depth of the abyss,
render praise, glory, honor and blessing.
He is himself our virtue and our strength.
He alone is good, lofty, almighty, admirable, and glorious;
the only holy One, worthy of praise and blessed through ages of ages. Amen - St Francis of Assisi, 13th century

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsYyuK1w3q0

No worries, my brother!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:50:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#7]
Do not look forward in fear to the changes in life;
rather, look to them with full hope that as they arise,
God, whose very own you are, will lead you safely through all things; and when you cannot stand it, God will carry you in His arms.
Do not fear what may happen tomorrow; the same understanding Father who cares for you today will take care of you then and every day.
He will either shield you from suffering or will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations.
- St. Francis De Sales, 17th century

This one is getting a lot of mileage for me and my community lately, between our priest being taken away from us and a good friend of mine having a traumatic brain injury with a family to care for, among other things; this prayer is very humbling and comforting at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:41:04 AM EDT
[#8]
The Third Glorious Mystery of the Holy Rosary, The Decent of the Holy Spirit (Love) - 'And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a mighty wind coming, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. And there appeared to them parted tongues as it were of fire, and it sat upon every one of them: And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they began to speak with divers tongues, according as the Holy Ghost gave them to speak. But Peter standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and spoke to them: Ye men of Judea, and all you that dwell in Jerusalem, be this known to you, and with your ears receive my words. But this is that which was spoken of by the prophet Joel: And it shall come to pass, in the last days, (saith the Lord,) I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams. And upon my servants indeed, and upon my handmaids will I pour out in those days of my spirit, and they shall prophesy. And I will shew wonders in the heaven above, and signs on the earth beneath: blood and fire, and vapour of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and manifest day of the Lord come. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved. ' – (The Acts 2:2-4,14,16-21)
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:44:53 AM EDT
[#9]
In His beautiful prayer before the Passion, our Lord said to His Father, "Now this is everlasting life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Him whom Thou hast sent, Jesus Christ" (Jn. 17:3). That is the life we should already be living here below.  Suddenly we sense the call of God. So now, yes or no: Do we have the will to answer? We have to go forward. We must not resist the grace that is calling us to know God, to love Him and to serve Him. - Archbishop Lefebvre, 20th century
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:18:38 AM EDT
[#10]
O Sovereign and Almighty Lord, bless all Thy people and all Thy flock. Give peace, Thy help, Thy love unto us, Thy servants the sheep of Thy fold, that we may be united in the bond of peace and love, one body and one spirit, in one hope of our calling, in Thy Divine and boundless love; for the sake of Jesus Christ, the great Shepherd of the sheep. Amen. —Liturgy of St. Mark, 3rd century
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:50:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Epistle for tomorrow, Third Sunday of Easter:

1 Peter 2. 11-19
Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers
and pilgrims, to refrain yourselves from
carnal desires, which war against the soul,
having your conversation good among the
Gentiles: that whereas they speak against
you as evildoers, they may, by the good
works which they shall behold in you, glorify God in the day of visitation. Be ye
subject therefore to every human creature
for God’s sake: whether it be to the king as
excelling, or to governors as sent by him
for the punishment of evildoers and for
the praise of the good: for so is the will of
God, that by doing well you may put to
silence the ignorance of foolish men: as
free, and not as making liberty a cloak for
malice, but as the servants of God. Honour all men: love the brotherhood: fear God: honour the king. Servants, be subject
to your masters with all fear, not only to
the good and gentle, but also to the froward. For this is thankworthy before God:
in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Lord Jesus, your love and mercy knows no bounds. Give me strength when I am weak, hope when I am discouraged, peace when I am troubled, consolation when I am sad, and understanding when I am perplexed. Make me an instrument of your love and peace to those who are troubled and without hope.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/196304/345A7204-7272-43C0-8AE3-F2BABE92E028_jpe-2945449.JPG
View Quote

Amen
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:11:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Gospel reading for today, Third Sunday after Easter:

John 16. 16-22
At that time Jesus said to His disciples: A little while, and now you shall not see Me: and again a little while, and you shall see Me: because I go to the Father. Then some of His disciples said one to another: What is this that He saith to us: A little while, and you shall not see Me: and again a little while, and you shall see Me, and because I go to the Father? They said therefore: What is this that He saith, A little while? We know not what He speaketh. And Jesus knew that they had a mind to ask Him. And He said to them: Of this do you inquire among yourselves, because I said: A little while, and you shall not see Me: and again a little while, and you shall see Me? Amen, amen, I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice: and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy. A
woman, when she is in labour, hath sorrow, because her hour is come; but when
she hath brought forth the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy
that a man is born into the world. So also
you now indeed have sorrow: but I will see
you again and your heart shall rejoice: and
your joy no man shall take from you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:24:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#14]
”Behold I send you as sheep in the midst of wolves. Be ye therefore wise as serpents and simple as doves.“  - St Matthew‬ ‭10‬:‭16‬

I was going to leave it at that but I wanted to add some commentary today:

And He bids them have not only gentleness as sheep, but also the harmlessness of the dove. For thus shall I best show forth my might, when sheep get the better of wolves, and being in the midst of wolves, and receiving a thousand bites, so far from being consumed, do even work a change on them a thing far greater and more marvellous than killing them, to alter their spirit, and to reform their mind; and this, being only twelve, while the whole world is filled with the wolves. Let us then be ashamed, who do the contrary, who set like wolves upon our enemies. For so long as we are sheep, we conquer: though ten thousand wolves prowl around, we overcome and prevail. But if we become wolves, we are worsted, for the help of our Shepherd departs from us: for He feeds not wolves, but sheep: and He forsakes you, and retires, for neither do you allow His might to be shown. (Chrysostom) The prudence of the serpent is celebrated, because when it cannot escape, it strives at least to preserve its head free from hurt, whilst it leaves the rest of its body exposed. Thus Christians, who have Christ for their head, must preserve his faith and religion, though with the loss of everything else. (Haydock) And just as the serpent squeezes through a narrow hole and sheds its old skin, so too let us traverse the narrow way and shed the old man. But since a serpent is also poisonous, He commands us to be innocent, that is, sincere, guileless, and harmless as doves. For when the offspring of doves are taken from them and they are driven away, they fly back again to their masters. (Theophylact)  

Ite, Missa est, go the Mass is ended, I send you out to the world with this mission, missio, missa.  These talents we have been given, this treasure we have been shown, this great pearl we have unearthed: Is not ours to keep hidden.  We are sent as sheep amidst the wolves, into a wretched world once conquered by the blood of sheep, and of shepherds.  Today, April 22nd, we honor Saints Soter and Caius, two popes who were martyred in the 2nd and 3rd centuries, who as shepherds shed their blood for their sheep, and as sheep shed their blood for our Lord: and in so doing nourished the faith and strength of Christs Church forever.  (Matthew 25:15-30, Matthew 13:44-50, Matthew 10:16)

”For thou shalt heap hot coals upon his head, and the Lord will reward thee.“ - Proverbs‬ ‭25‬:‭22‬ ‭
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Roman Rite collect for Tuesday Feria, Commemoration of Saint George, martyr, April 23rd.

O God, who dost show to them that are in error the light of Thy truth, that they may return into the way of righteousness; grant to all those who profess themselves Christians to reject those things which are contrary to that name, and follow such things as are agreeable to it. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#16]
The Fourth Glorious Mystery of the Holy Rosary, The Assumption of Mary (Devotion) - 'Arise, O Lord, into thy resting place: thou and the ark, which thou hast sanctified. Let thy priests be clothed with justice: and let thy saints rejoice. ' – (Psalms 131:8-9) 'And the temple of God was opened in heaven: and the ark of his testament was seen in his temple, and there were lightnings, and voices, and an earthquake, and great hail.' – (Apocalypse 11:19) “He considered it as entirely certain that, as God had preserved the most holy Virgin Mary from the violation of her virginal purity and integrity in conceiving and in childbirth, he would never have permitted her body to have been resolved into dust and ashes. Explaining these words of Sacred Scripture: "Who is this that comes up from the desert, flowing with delights, leaning upon her beloved?” – (Munificentissimus Deus (32), Pope Pius XII)
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#17]
The Fourth Glorious Mystery of the Holy Rosary, The Assumption of Mary (Devotion) - 'Arise, O Lord, into thy resting place: thou and the ark, which thou hast sanctified. Let thy priests be clothed with justice: and let thy saints rejoice. ' – (Psalms 131:8-9) 'And the temple of God was opened in heaven: and the ark of his testament was seen in his temple, and there were lightnings, and voices, and an earthquake, and great hail.' – (Apocalypse 11:19) “He considered it as entirely certain that, as God had preserved the most holy Virgin Mary from the violation of her virginal purity and integrity in conceiving and in childbirth, he would never have permitted her body to have been resolved into dust and ashes. Explaining these words of Sacred Scripture: "Who is this that comes up from the desert, flowing with delights, leaning upon her beloved?” – (Munificentissimus Deus (32), Pope Pius XII)
View Quote

Thanks, Gullskjegg
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By EastWest:

Thanks, Gullskjegg
View Quote

You’re welcome!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#19]
The tremendous figure which fills the Gospels towers in this respect, as in every other, above all the thinkers who ever thought themselves tall. His pathos was natural, almost casual. The Stoics, ancient and modern, were proud of concealing their tears. He never concealed His tears; He showed them plainly on His open face at any daily sight, such as the far sight of His native city. Yet He concealed something. Solemn supermen and imperial diplomatists are proud of restraining their anger. He never restrained His anger. He flung furniture down the front steps of the Temple, and asked men how they expected to escape the damnation of Hell. Yet He restrained something. I say it with reverence; there was in that shattering personality a thread that must be called shyness. There was something that He hid from all men when He went up a mountain to pray. There was something that He covered constantly by abrupt silence or impetuous isolation. There was some one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth; and I have sometimes fancied that it was His mirth. - Excerpt from: "Orthodoxy" by G. K. Chesterton.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Why is it necessary that you take the time to withdraw from the world? In order to reflect on the great gift which God has bestowed upon you in giving you a soul, and above all in order to receive the light of grace. You will reflect on what eternity is compared to time, what the spirit is compared with matter, what God is compared with yourselves, poor creatures. As our Lord said so perfectly to St. Catherine of Siena, you will reflect on Him who is everything, and on her who is nothing. - Archbishop Lefebvre, 20th century
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:42:21 AM EDT
[#21]
"As Moses saw the flame of fire in the bush and heard the voice of God coming from it [Exodus 3:2-4], so faith will enable us to understand his hidden signs, so that amidst all the apparent clutter and disorder we shall see the loveliness and perfection of divine wisdom. Faith transforms the earth into paradise. By it our hearts are raised to the nearness of heaven. Every moment reveals God to us."

--- Abandonment to Divine Providence, Jean-Pierre de Caussade
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:58:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#22]

"As Moses saw the flame of fire in the bush and heard the voice of God coming from it [Exodus 3:2-4], so faith will enable us to understand his hidden signs, so that amidst all the apparent clutter and disorder we shall see the loveliness and perfection of divine wisdom. Faith transforms the earth into paradise. By it our hearts are raised to the nearness of heaven. Every moment reveals God to us."

View Quote

Amen, brother!

That reminds me of a commentary I read once.

When the almighty Lord of the universe began to legislate through the Word and decided to make his power visible to Moses, he sent Moses a divine vision with the appearance of light, in the burning bush. Now a bramble bush is full of thorns. So too when the Word was concluding his legislation and his stay among men as their Lord, again he permitted himself to be crowned with thorns as a mystic symbol. Returning to the place from which he had descended, the Word renewed that by which he had first come, appearing first in the bush of thorns and later being surrounded with thorns that he might show that all was the work of the same one power. He is one, and his Father is one, the eternal beginning and end. . - Clement of Alexandria, 2nd century
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Epistle reading for tomorrow, Fourth Sunday after Easter:

‭‭St James‬ ‭1‬:‭17‬-‭21‬
”Every best gift, and every perfect gift, is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no change, nor shadow of alteration. For of his own will hath he begotten us by the word of truth, that we might be some beginning of his creatures. You know, my dearest brethren. And let every man be swift to hear, but slow to speak, and slow to anger. For the anger of man worketh not the justice of God. Wherefore casting away all uncleanness, and abundance of naughtiness, with meekness receive the ingrafted word, which is able to save your souls.“
‭‬‬
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:39:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Amen, brother!

When the almighty Lord of the universe began to legislate through the Word and decided to make his power visible to Moses, he sent Moses a divine vision with the appearance of light, in the burning bush. Now a bramble bush is full of thorns. So too when the Word was concluding his legislation and his stay among men as their Lord, again he permitted himself to be crowned with thorns as a mystic symbol. Returning to the place from which he had descended, the Word renewed that by which he had first come, appearing first in the bush of thorns and later being surrounded with thorns that he might show that all was the work of the same one power. He is one, and his Father is one, the eternal beginning and end. . - Clement of Alexandria, 2nd century
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Amen, brother!

WOW. What an incredible post, Gullskjegg.

I am quite impressed that you were able to source this quote of the mighty, mighty St Clement of Alexandria with the 18th century priest, Fr Jean-Pierre de Caussade.

In all my years reading the Eastern Church fathers, I can't recall seeing the magnificent quote of St Clement that you posted.

FWIW, I read a book by an Anglican layman regarding finding true happiness in life, back in 1982. The book's author was adamant that if one wants to find happiness then it is necessary to discern God's will and try to do it daily. The same author then recommended reading Abandonment to Divine Providence by de Caussade. Soon after I found the book, read it and must say both these books led this idiot to some major (and very positive) events in my life. Deo gratias.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:21:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#25]

WOW. What an incredible post, Gullskjegg.

I am quite impressed that you were able to source this quote of the mighty, mighty St Clement of Alexandria with the 18th century priest, Fr Jean-Pierre de Caussade.

In all my years reading the Eastern Church fathers, I can't recall seeing the magnificent quote of St Clement that you posted.

FWIW, I read a book by an Anglican layman regarding finding true happiness in life, back in 1982. The book's author was adamant that if one wants to find happiness then it is necessary to discern God's will and try to do it daily. The same author then recommended reading Abandonment to Divine Providence by de Caussade. Soon after I found the book, read it and must say both these books led this idiot to some major (and very positive) events in my life. Deo gratias.
View Quote

Deo gratias!  Thank you my brother.

Saint John Henry Newman gave some very good sermons on total surrender to God’s will.  It’s a very difficult thing to do because we’re so immersed in pride and a rebellious spirit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Gospel reading for today, Fourth Sunday after Easter:

‭‭St John‬ ‭16‬:‭5‬-‭14
”But I told you not these things from the beginning, because I was with you. And now I go to him that sent me, and none of you asketh me: Whither goest thou? But because I have spoken these things to you, sorrow hath filled your heart. But I tell you the truth: it is expedient to you that I go: for if I go not, the Paraclete will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. And when he is come, he will convince the world of sin, and of justice, and of judgment. Of sin: because they believed not in me. And of justice: because I go to the Father; and you shall see me no longer. And of judgment: because the prince of this world is already judged. I have yet many things to say to you: but you cannot bear them now. But when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will teach you all truth. For he shall not speak of himself; but what things soever he shall hear, he shall speak; and the things that are to come, he shall shew you. He shall glorify me; because he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it to you.“
‬‬
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#27]
If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep your's also.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:32:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep your's also.
View Quote

If you aren't being hated, mocked, thought of as crazy, at least a little bit by this culture; you're probably doing it wrong...  
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:42:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Lord, teach me to seek You, and reveal Yourself to me when I seek You. For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal Yourself to me. Let me seek You in longing and long for You in seeking. Let me find You in love, and love You in finding. - Saint Ambrose, 4th century
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#30]

If you aren't being hated, mocked, thought of as crazy, at least a little bit by this culture; you're probably doing it wrong...  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:22:29 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Lead, Kindly Light, amid the encircling gloom,
Lead Thou me on;
The night is dark, and I am far from home,
Lead Thou me on.
Keep Thou my feet;
I do not ask to see the distant scene;
one step enough for me.

I was not ever thus, nor prayed that
Thou shouldst lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now
Lead Thou me on.
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears, pride ruled my will;

remember not past years.

So long Thy power hath blessed me, sure it still
Will lead me on.
O'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, till
The night is gone;
And with the morn those angel faces smile,

Which I have loved long since, and lost awhile.

- Saint John Henry Newman, Cardinal
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#33]
The Fifth Glorious Mystery of the Holy Rosary, The Crowning of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Eternal Happiness) - 'And a great sign appeared in heaven: A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars: ' – (Apocalypse 12:1) 'the daughters of kings have delighted thee in thy glory. The queen stood on thy right hand, in gilded clothing; surrounded with variety. ' – (Psalms 44:10) “From the ancient Christian documents, from prayers of the liturgy, from the innate piety of the Christian people, from works of art, from every side We have gathered witnesses to the regal dignity of the Virgin Mother of God; We have likewise shown that the arguments deduced by Sacred Theology from the treasure store of the faith fully confirm this truth. Such a wealth of witnesses makes up a resounding chorus which changes the sublimity of the royal dignity of the Mother of God and of men, to whom every creature is subject, who is "exalted to the heavenly throne, above the choirs of angels."” – (Ad Caeli Reginam (46), Pope Pius XII)
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#34]
In honor of this feast day of Saint Athanasius, the prayer following the Athanasian Creed, fourth century:

Glory be to you, equal Trinity, one Godhead, before all time, and now, and forever. Alleluia
O Lord, hear my prayer.
And let my cry come unto you.
Almighty, ever-living God,
who have permitted us, your servants in our profession of the true faith, to acknowledge the glory of the eternal Trinity,
and in the power of that majesty to adore the Unity,
grant that, by steadfastness in the same faith, we may be ever guarded against all adversity.
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:39:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Jesus Christ, my Lord, my Savior;
grant me peace this day, give me the strength to lead my family to righteousness so that we may follow in Your grace.
Embrace those who are suffering, the persecuted, the sick, give them hope where there is none;
Help them carry their cross into Your kingdom.
Be the light to a world that has gone dark, let them know You once again and praise Your reign, forever and ever. Amen.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:57:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04] [#36]
Would appreciate any prayers to help me overcome this depression/anxiety I am currently dealing with. Prayed this morning and did feel better. Hoping to joinn a bible study, soon, and do a men’s retreat.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By urbankaos04:
Would appreciate any prayers to help me overcome this depression/anxiety I am currently dealing with. Prayed this morning and did feel better. Hoping to joinn a bible study, soon, and do a men’s retreat.

Thank you.
View Quote

Amen brother, I suffer as well and would be glad to pray for you.

Do you mind if I private message you?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:52:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04] [#38]
@Gullskjegg

Yes, go ahead. I am at work and may not be able to respond immediately, however.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Allow me to summarize the last 10 pages:
Don't live for pleasure,  make Jesus your treasure.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#40]

Thank you.
View Quote

Can do.

May you wish the same thing God wishes for you brother.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:28:12 PM EDT
[#41]
@Gullskjegg

Yes, go ahead. I am at work and may not be able to respond immediately, however.
View Quote

Yes sir!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Jesus Christ, my Lord, my Savior;
grant me peace this day, give me the strength to lead my family to righteousness so that we may follow in Your grace.
Embrace those who are suffering, the persecuted, the sick, give them hope where there is none;
Help them carry their cross into Your kingdom.
Be the light to a world that has gone dark, let them know You once again and praise Your reign, forever and ever. Amen.
View Quote

Amen!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Thank you.
View Quote

Prayers your way.  Good start to the day by praying, if you have time, start the morning with a verse or
2 from the Bible as well
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By MR_JOSHUA:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By MR_JOSHUA:

View Quote

A gentleman and a scholar.

Amen!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:02:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#46]
Epistle reading for tomorrow; also today we honor Saint Monica, widow and mother of Saint Augustine.

James 1: 22-27
Dearly beloved, be ye doers of the
word and not hearers only, deceiving
your own selves, For if a man be a
hearer of the word and not a doer, he
shall be compared to a man beholding
his own countenance in a glass: for he
beheld himself and went his way, and
presently forgot what manner of man
he was. But he that hath looked into
the perfect law of liberty and hath
continued therein, not becoming a
forgetful hearer but a doer of the work:
this man shall be blessed in his deed.
And if any man think himself to be
religious, not bridling his tongue but
deceiving his own heart, this man's religion is vain. Religion clean and
undefiled before God and the Father is
this: To visit the fatherless and widows
in their tribulation, and to keep one's
self unspotted from this world.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:07:59 AM EDT
[#47]

Thank you.
View Quote

You'll be in my prayers today.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:23:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Gospel reading for today, Fifth Sunday after Easter, preceded by the Collect for the Mass of Pope Pius V:

O God, Who for the overthrow of the enemies of Thy Church and for the restoration of divine worship didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Pius as supreme Pontiff: grant that we may be defended by his patronage and so cleave to Thy service, that overcoming all the wiles of our enemies, we may rejoice in perpetual peace.

John 16: 23-30
At that time Jesus saith to His
disciples: Amen, amen, I say to you: if
you ask the Father any thing in My
name, He will give it to you. Hitherto
you have not asked any thing in my
name: Ask, and you shall receive, that
your joy may be full. These things I
have spoken to you in proverbs. The
hour cometh when I will no more
speak to you in proverbs, but I will
show you plainly of the Father. In that
day you shall ask in My name; and I
say not to you that I will ask the Father
for you: for the Father Himself loveth
you, because you have loved Me and
have believed that I came out from
God. I came forth from the Father and
am come into the world; again I leave
the world and I go to the Father. His
disciples say to Him: Behold, now
Thou speakest plainly and speakest
no proverb. Now we know that Thou
knowest all things and Thou needest
not that any man should ask of Thee:
by this we believe that Thou camest
forth from God.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#49]

Thank you.
View Quote

You got it. Will remember you in prayer at Mass this morning.

Hope you are feeling great soon!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:02:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Today we celebrate the feast day of Saint John before the Latin Gate, Apostle and Martyr; whom God spared a boiling death to reveal the future of the Church unto the end of time.

Collect for the Mass of St John.  O God, Who beholdest that our own ill deeds disquiet us on every side, grant, we beseech Thee, that the glorious intercession of blessed John, Thine apostle and evangelist, may be our protection. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, Who lives and reigns with Thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, forever and ever.

Lesson for the Mass of St John.  Wisdom 5: 1-5 'Then shall the just stand with great constancy against those that have afflicted them and taken away their labors. These seeing it, shall be troubled with terrible fear, and shall be amazed at the suddenness of their unexpected salvation, saying within themselves, repenting, and groaning for anguish of spirit: These are they whom we had some time in derision and for a parable of reproach. We fools esteemed their life madness and their end without honor; behold how they are numbered among the children of God, and their lot is among the Saints.'
Page / 11
Daily Prayer and Meditation (Page 10 of 11)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top