Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 8:37:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#1]
Originally Posted By WhyTanFox:
Please pray for me: I seek strength, guidance, and peace.

The economy has taken its toll on the family business; I have a job offer that while monetarily is great it would mean much less time at home and may hasten the end of the family business.  All of this, of course, is putting a strain on my relationship with my wife.  I need the Lord's help to make the right decision, to carry it out, and to ease the troubles my family faces.

SAE, thank you for starting this thread.  I have read through it and will endeavor to keep all in my prayers.

peace be with you all,
WhyTanFox

Brother Fox,

Our prayers will continually be lifted up in and through the Spirit for you and your families situation.

If you need to talk with someone via IM then we are all available anytime.

I have also been a small business owner and know how some of these things can be.

Would you consider becoming a prayer partner here?

Many times we as christians, myself included can and will recieve the answers that we need by acting in selfless ways toward others.

These things always without fail come to the Father's attention as a sign of our resolve to serve Him no matter what the circumstances might be.

Father our God,

I pray this humble prayer for my brother WhyTanFox right now directly out of Your Word as a blessing to and on him and his family, just as You directed Aaron and his sons to bless Israel as a permanent ordinance for their edification:

The LORD bless you

and protect you;

the LORD make His face shine upon you,

and be gracious to you;

the LORD look with favor upon you

and give you peace, by the Blood of the Name,

Amen and shalom to Jesus Christ, the Great ''Bright and Morning Star* ''

Link Posted: 10/1/2009 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Lion:
Just wanted to check in and let everyone know you're in my prayers each day.  Keep the faith and smile once in a while, it helps.  

Good to hear from you brother Lion.

How are you doing right now?

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 10/1/2009 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like prayer:

That the lord finishes the work he started in me.

That I have the guts to do his will (hey It's scary, I worry I'm gonna blow it).

That my bad back gets better (or at least stops hurting)

And for employment.
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 9:52:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#4]
Originally Posted By Mr_Harry:
I would like prayer:

That the lord finishes the work he started in me.

That I have the guts to do his will (hey It's scary, I worry I'm gonna blow it).

That my bad back gets better (or at least stops hurting)

And for employment.

Mr. Harry,

As God has done for me recently in most of these areas, in Jesus name recieve this also.

If the Lord would do these things for me, then why wouldn't He do this for anyone who is called by His Name?

It is also not God's will for you to travail over the situations that you face right now or ever, my brother.

Let these things go, and turn them over to Him.

This is His will concening you and the one's you love, and He loves.

Then you are free.

IM me anytime you would like to, it would be good to hear from you.

Also please pray for the one's who have posted in about their and their familiy's sicknesses and physical issues recently.

This will bring you peace and healing through the Holy Spirit, for He never touches anything that remains unchanged.

All of us here will keep you in our thoughts and our prayers.

Your brother,

SAE

Link Posted: 10/1/2009 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you

Link Posted: 10/1/2009 11:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SAE:
Just wanted to check in and let everyone know you're in my prayers each day.  Keep the faith and smile once in a while, it helps.  

Thanks,

SAE

I am doing well SAE, thanks for asking.  This page lifts my spirits and helps me remain headstrong when I am tested in life.  Hope that all is well with you.
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 8:02:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WhyTanFox] [#7]
life is never simple –– please continue to keep me in your prayers.  I will update as available.

ETA I have taken this second job and will work it while trying to keep the family business afloat.  Last-second data makes me think that the family business may be unsalvageable, which has suddenly left me in a very unstable place.  All I can do is ask the Lord to grant me the strength and focus to pull through.

Yesterday afternoon a different job opportunity arose; it pays a lot less, but the hours and commute are much more manageable... most importantly, it allows me to keep a considerably larger hand in the family business.

I feel better about the future than I have in months; my wife –– who hated everything about the first job (as did I) –– is excited by this new opportunity.  While I still have to sell this idea to the Patriarch, I feel as if a great load has been lifted off my shoulders.

I thank the Lord for this opportunity, and I thank everyone who prayed on my behalf.  I will continue to follow this thread and keep everyone in my prayers.

peace,
WhyTanFox
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By WhyTanFox:
Yesterday afternoon a different job opportunity arose; it pays a lot less, but the hours and commute are much more manageable... most importantly, it allows me to keep a considerably larger hand in the family business.

I feel better about the future than I have in months; my wife –– who hated everything about the first job (as did I) –– is excited by this new opportunity.  While I still have to sell this idea to the Patriarch, I feel as if a great load has been lifted off my shoulders.

I thank the Lord for this opportunity, and I thank everyone who prayed on my behalf.  I will continue to follow this thread and keep everyone in my prayers.

peace,
WhyTanFox

God Is Good!
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#9]
If everyone could simply keep me and my wife in their prayers as we are in special need.

Thank You
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 5:32:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bjwar10:
If everyone could simply keep me and my wife in their prayers as we are in special need.

Thank You

Yes we will sir.

Link Posted: 10/3/2009 5:34:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Thanks,

SAE

I am doing well SAE, thanks for asking.  This page lifts my spirits and helps me remain headstrong when I am tested in life.  Hope that all is well with you.

Blessed and strong brother Lion.

Link Posted: 10/8/2009 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Briefly, in the midst of a panic attack I fell to my knees and prayed, mostly for strength and focus as I try to steer my company through these waters.

I then took a break to post this to ARFCOM :-)

I haven't been a strong pray-er, and mentioned so to my pastor (haven't been a great church attend-er, either :-/).

Her reply:
t is certainly clear from Scripture that God welcomes our prayers and that whatever is on our minds and hearts, and whenever we are moved to call upon God, God is not only "available" but wants us to turn to him.

So I have been turning to God, in force no less.  I will continue to keep all here in my prayers and request that everyone else do the same.

yours in Christ,
WhyTanFox

Link Posted: 10/12/2009 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Hi All,

Just a bump to say all your needs remain in my prayers.

Lion
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#14]
If you all could pray for peace and a painless passing for my mother. She is in the dying stages right now. Could be minutes or possibly a couple days at best. Her body is no longer taking food or drink. She has had Alzheimers for many years now and it is taking its' toll. She is 87. She knows the Lord and has lived a full life. Her name is Alice. Thanks all  :)  Don
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By wuzzblind:
If you all could pray for peace and a painless passing for my mother. She is in the dying stages right now. Could be minutes or possibly a couple days at best. Her body is no longer taking food or drink. She has had Alzheimers for many years now and it is taking its' toll. She is 87. She knows the Lord and has lived a full life. Her name is Alice. Thanks all  :)  Don

We are here for you and your mom.  Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#16]

We are here for you and your mom.  Prayers sent.

sorry to hear about you mom it was hard to let go of my dad my prayers are for your mom and you and family that God the Father will give you the Grace when you need it and you will be in my prayers brother
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 9:09:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bearsfan] [#17]
How about some prayer for sister Junbuggg. I'm sure you all see her posts are all deleted, I don't know why. Why don't we all pray for her that whatever is going on she can be at peace with it.

Edit for spelling.
Link Posted: 10/16/2009 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Bearsfan:
How about some prayer for sister Junbuggg. I'm sure you all see her posts are all deleted, I don't know why. Why don't we all pray for her that whatever is going on she can be at peace with it.

Edit for spelling.

Hey Bearsfan,

Iv'e been out on oilfield location for a couple of weeks now.

What's the scoop on Miss Junbuggg?

She obviously requested these deletions.

What's up?

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 10/16/2009 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#19]
May I humbly ask for a prayer?

There are so many people far worse off.
I want to die.  Every day I wake up and just have the desire to die. This has been going on for a while now.
I have seen a doctor but just can't shake it.
I am truly grateful for all God has blessed me with and there are many things. Each night I endure the same nightmare of being strangled with piano wire.
Each morniing I end up in tears getting out of bed facing the day.
I am not stupid enough to act on it but am tired of the nagging desire. Even though I am surrounded by people all the time
and have thousands friends... it is still there.
I pray constantly and that gets me through. I don't expect anyone to understand this. I don't even understand it myself.
This is embarassing. I think God is the only answer when everything else has failed.

Thank you for the prayer
Link Posted: 10/16/2009 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By angelfire:
May I humbly ask for a prayer?

There are so many people far worse off.
I want to die.  Every day I wake up and just have the desire to die. This has been going on for a while now.
I have seen a doctor but just can't shake it.
I am truly grateful for all God has blessed me with and there are many things. Each night I endure the same nightmare of being strangled with piano wire.
Each morniing I end up in tears getting out of bed facing the day.
I am not stupid enough to act on it but am tired of the nagging desire. Even though I am surrounded by people all the time
and have thousands friends... it is still there.
I pray constantly and that gets me through. I don't expect anyone to understand this. I don't even understand it myself.
This is embarassing. I think God is the only answer when everything else has failed.

Thank you for the prayer

Prayer inbound.

Don't be embarrassed, we all have issues that we need  to lift up to the Lord. That's exactly what this thread is for.
Link Posted: 10/16/2009 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Bearsfan:

Edit for spelling.

Hey Bearsfan,

Iv'e been out on oilfield location for a couple of weeks now.

What's the scoop on Miss Junbuggg?

She obviously requested these deletions.

What's up?

Thanks,

SAE

I don't know. I just saw that she edited all of her posts.

I sent a PM but haven't heard anything.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 10:35:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spinaBifida] [#22]
I would like to request prayer for the safety of the members of the church I attend.  I missed church last Sunday (no ride), but apparently one of our members  in the Sunday school class I attend had some sort of meltdown, made threats, and was banned from the church premises.

It was brought up today so people would know what was being done about the situation.  From what I understand, the guy, who I'll call LMG, lost his temper over a difference of interpretation of 1 Corinthians, Chapter 7 and stormed out of the church, no threat made at that point.  He initially was only going to be banned for two weeks.  But he sent out an email to some of the church members (I didn't get one) on Monday or Tuesday in which he made what I would consider a threat.  He said that either our Sunday school leader was a witch or somebody above him was a witch.  He then stated that he was God's instrument of cleansing and that he was going to cleanse the church of witchcraft.  I really don't want the church to end up being on CNN.

I don't know if the church has an active shooter plan in place.  A lot of KCSO deputies attend the church thankfully.  They direct traffic after church.  I believe they are reservists for KCSO and don't know if they are armed.  From what I understand, LMG was kicked out of the last church he attended.  I don't know for what behavior, but I would imagine it was for something similar.  I get the impression from listening to people today that LMG might be mentally ill.

Thank you for your prayers.

I was friends with LMG on Facebook but have since defriended him.  Apparently he has his own website, http://www.theendtimeprophet.com/. His youtube page; http://www.youtube.com/user/EndTimeProphet

Link Posted: 10/19/2009 8:42:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Just checking in to write that I'm continuing to pray for everyone... including Junebuggg, if she's reading this.

My second job seems to be working out OK, but I still cannot shake the ever-present fear of... I don't know.  Economic failure, foreclosure, homelessness... I tend to either dwell on the topic until paralyzed or hide in mindless distractions.  Please, continue to keep my family in your thoughts and prayers.

Yours in Christ,
WhyTanFox
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#24]
This is a great thread!
Would y'all please pray for my grandson. My wife and I have been watching him this week while my daughter is working out of town. He is in kindergarten, and is having a rough time.

We suspect he has some sort of learning disability or behavioral problem. He's from a broken home and also appears to have some anger issues. It breaks my heart to see such a soft-hearted, loving little boy have to fight these demons. My daughter's parenting skills are also somewhat lacking.

It has become very apparent while staying with us for a whole week that this child needs devine help.

Please keep him in your prayers.

Thank you,
a-bare
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 8:24:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lion] [#25]
Originally Posted By a-bare:
This is a great thread!
Would y'all please pray for my grandson. My wife and I have been watching him this week while my daughter is working out of town. He is in kindergarten, and is having a rough time.

We suspect he has some sort of learning disability or behavioral problem. He's from a broken home and also appears to have some anger issues. It breaks my heart to see such a soft-hearted, loving little boy have to fight these demons. My daughter's parenting skills are also somewhat lacking.

It has become very apparent while staying with us for a whole week that this child needs devine help.

Thank you,
a-bare

Prayers for you, your spouse, daughter and especially your grandson.  With a grandpa like you looking over his shoulder and with the help of God I am sure he will grow to be a fine man.

EDIT:  Everyone else on this thread continues to remain in my prayers.  Hope you are all well.

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 10:33:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: a-bare] [#26]
Originally Posted By a-bare:
This is a great thread!

Thank you,
a-bare

Prayers for you, your spouse, daughter and especially your grandson.  With a grandpa like you looking over his shoulder and with the help of God I am sure he will grow to be a fine man.

EDIT:  Everyone else on this thread continues to remain in my prayers.  Hope you are all well.

Thank you so much Lion,
He came home Thursday with a 'smiley face' on his daily report. He doesn't get those very often, and was so proud of himself. We've prayed aloud with him before school every day while he's been here, and I know that has helped. We do serve a Mighty God, don't we?

I too will pray for those others in this thread.
Thanks again,
a-bare

ETA: Our Loving God owns page 4.  

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#27]
...more than usual the last few days.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Would you brothers and sisters out there please pray for me.

I have had a cold/flu for the last several days and have not been able to get in to see my doctor because of all the other sick folks trying to see him too.

I have been standing on healing scriptures and doing everything possible to shake this thing but not much change yet, and am hearing some stories about some other people my wife Janice knows that have contracted this thing called a,''super cold'' that is going around right now in our area.

Anyways, it is good to be back on arfcom again, and am looking forward by faith to a speedy recovery as I also pray for those out there in need of whatever is trying to bring them down also.

May God bless you in all that you do.

Your brother in Christ,

SAE
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Would you brothers and sisters out there please pray for me.

You got it brother.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 12:14:29 AM EDT
[#30]
would y'all pray for a coworker of mine?  His name is Virgil and he's 21 years old (six years younger than me).  It was posted on the back hallway at work a few days ago that he's in the hospital.  I've heard from management and 3 other people that he has leukemia.  Apparently, he'd been feeling tired and run down for a while and finally went to get it checked out and that's when they discovered the leukemia.  I heard today that he's gone from bad to worse.  As he was hired on while I was on my own leave of absence, he is fairly new to me, so I don't know him very well.  I can't go visit him as I just got a cold and I don't want to pass anything on to anyone with a weakened immune system.  Thank you all for your prayers.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By spinaBifida:
would y'all pray for a coworker of mine?  His name is Virgil and he's 21 years old (six years younger than me).  It was posted on the back hallway at work a few days ago that he's in the hospital.  I've heard from management and 3 other people that he has leukemia.  Apparently, he'd been feeling tired and run down for a while and finally went to get it checked out and that's when they discovered the leukemia.  I heard today that he's gone from bad to worse.  As he was hired on while I was on my own leave of absence, he is fairly new to me, so I don't know him very well.  I can't go visit him as I just got a cold and I don't want to pass anything on to anyone with a weakened immune system.  Thank you all for your prayers.

Yes we will spinaBifida, and you also.

Are there any prayer team members out there, or anyone else that will pray for spinaBifida and Vigil on a consistant basis for a while?

Please keep us informed about Virgil's condition please, if you will do that for us.

God bless you in your recovery also.

Just got some healing myself from a bout with the same deal last week.

I'm sure if Virgil knew about you posting here for prayer for his recovery, then he would greatly appretiate having a Christian buddy like you.

I know I certainly would!

Your brother in Christ always,

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 11/7/2009 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#32]
From the GD, this is someone who needs our prayers:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=952368&page=1
Link Posted: 11/13/2009 9:50:59 AM EDT
[#33]
I need prayer once again.

As some here may know or remember, I have been out of work for a while now and really having a difficult time with it since I've never really had to go through anything like this in my 41 years. Although I have been absorbing God's lesson (sometimes with great resistance) and learning to count this as joy (James 1 has really come to life for me), the employment front has remained quite stagnant.

Well, I had a great interview yesterday with a company I am kind of familiar with. I did a few weeks of contract work with them a few months ago helping out with a trade show they put on. They contacted me about a position to see if I was interested. The position is very local (BIG plus) and the compensation fits my budget. It is something completely outside of my wheel-house, but the education is available and the time frame for such is acceptable.

I almost hate to get my hopes up, but I'm really excited about the possibility. Apparently I am said to have the inside track for this position.

Please, please, please pray for God's blessing for me in this area.

Thanks a ton. Hopefully I can update with a praise report.

Matthew
Link Posted: 11/14/2009 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I would appreciate your prayers in being able to find a job. My job search has been difficult and hard coming out of college and having no experience in the field that i want to enter. Please pray that i find the job that God intends for me to have.

I'll pray for all of y'alls needs as well
Link Posted: 11/15/2009 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#36]
I thank God for finding a fellowship of believers to pray with and for.I would be honored to be a prayer warrior and ecourage everyone to pray for our warriors wherever they may be.
Link Posted: 11/15/2009 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#37]
SAE......

Could we get some updating in the op?

There are more folks who would like to pray here.

I am reading this daily and praying for all requests.

Thanks,
Bearsfan
Link Posted: 11/15/2009 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm not on ARFCOM much anymore, but I started a list and keep everyone in my prayers –– I ask that you do the same for me, as my boat is taking on a little more water as of late.

yours in Christ,
WhyTanTox
Link Posted: 11/16/2009 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#39]
I could use some prayers.  I am small business owner and my income is down 32% from last year and down 44% from the year before that.  Things have gotten real tight.  I am trying to get the thing refinanced currently which would help tremendously and help me get caught up.

I am cutting all expenses and selling stuff, including my firearms, for the current time to get through.  Just please send a prayer my way to help get me through these times.
Link Posted: 11/16/2009 4:48:46 AM EDT
[#40]
I want to say what I want prayer for but I have a feeling most everyone will laugh at my problems... and think they arent serious... even though they are serious to me.

But I am also feeling like my faith in God is starting to die...  so I dunno.
Link Posted: 11/16/2009 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By PatriotAr15:
I want to say what I want prayer for but I have a feeling most everyone will laugh at my problems... and think they arent serious... even though they are serious to me.

From my pastor:
And just because many folks are in the same boat (or without any job) doesn't make it any easier!  My friend Dave taught me a long time ago the phrase "there is no such thing as comparative suffering," and I've found that meaningful whenever I try to diminish what I am going through because I know that others are going through "greater" suffering.

What ever it is that bothers you, it doesn't hurt to share.

Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:
I could use some prayers.
[snipped for brevity]
Things have gotten real tight

I am, unfortunately, all to familiar with everything you wrote; I will include you in my prayers.

-WhyTanFox
Link Posted: 11/16/2009 9:00:40 AM EDT
[#42]
I am unemployed... have been for a while.. am seriously worried about the future. Sometimes I worry I will always be stuck with a dead-end.. low paying job.

At the same time, I am 26... and very VERY romantically frustrated if you catch my drift. I have remained chaste (For the most part) all these years, ...waiting until marriage, ... but I have yet to have a relationship with the opposite sex go any farther than "just friends". So basically,... I feel very very lonely for the most part.

At times I have even prayed and wished for death... because of my many troubles in life. I also seem to have very few friends who actually care enough to the point... that THEY would initiate communication with me. I've quickly learned that friends are people whom, if you don't call them... they will eventually call you check up on you. I have only maybe two (at best) friends who do that. People at church are especially like this...

I often see people who seem to ... live really immoral lives, often unrepentently... though God not only has mercy on them, but also gives them tons of grace... Wheras I, TRYING to do good... Only get rewarded in more suffering and loneliness, and hardship.

Being 26, and living 2000 miles from my family (parents, sisters etc)... and having my own home (and living alone).. it gets crushingly lonely.

I know it seems wierd... I guess I just want people to pray to God to ...  I dunno... give me a little slack... some "grace" of my own?

I just really want a job right now, ... and a door to open to allow me to get the skills required to make something of myself, and to find a woman who will accept me for who I am, ... rather than simply lead me on only to reject me and never speak to me again
Link Posted: 11/16/2009 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By PatriotAr15:
I am unemployed... have been for a while.. am seriously worried about the future. Sometimes I worry I will always be stuck with a dead-end.. low paying job.

At the same time, I am 26... and very VERY romantically frustrated if you catch my drift. I have remained chaste (For the most part) all these years, ...waiting until marriage, ... but I have yet to have a relationship with the opposite sex go any farther than "just friends". So basically,... I feel very very lonely for the most part.

At times I have even prayed and wished for death... because of my many troubles in life. I also seem to have very few friends who actually care enough to the point... that THEY would initiate communication with me. I've quickly learned that friends are people whom, if you don't call them... they will eventually call you check up on you. I have only maybe two (at best) friends who do that. People at church are especially like this...

I often see people who seem to ... live really immoral lives, often unrepentently... though God not only has mercy on them, but also gives them tons of grace... Wheras I, TRYING to do good... Only get rewarded in more suffering and loneliness, and hardship.

Being 26, and living 2000 miles from my family (parents, sisters etc)... and having my own home (and living alone).. it gets crushingly lonely.

I know it seems wierd... I guess I just want people to pray to God to ...  I dunno... give me a little slack... some "grace" of my own?

I just really want a job right now, ... and a door to open to allow me to get the skills required to make something of myself, and to find a woman who will accept me for who I am, ... rather than simply lead me on only to reject me and never speak to me again

IM sent
Link Posted: 11/20/2009 2:07:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Some one prayed for me when I was to weak to do it my self,,,

I ask all who read this thread to ask GOD to bless and protect the prayer warriors who pray for us and give thanks in JESUS name.

Link Posted: 11/22/2009 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#45]
OH LORD, THANK YOU FOR GIVING US THE PRIVELEDGE TO COME BEFORE YOU
Please bless SoonerBorn , Patriot AR15 and all our brothers and sisters struggling to survive. Thank you for giving us faith, hope and love. Help us cling to these when times are desperate. Thank you for watching over us and turning all things for the good in your time. Please increase our faith so that we can move mountains in your name. Thank you for giving us warriors to defend and protect us , bless them and their families.Bless our leaders and guide their decisions.Please Lord, help us all turn to you in repentance and lead us to trust in you.Thank you Lord for hearing our prayer and may your will be done.In Jesus name,amen
Link Posted: 11/27/2009 3:32:28 AM EDT
[#46]
God, please grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. God Bless our military, especially the troops serving in the middle east . Give them the protection and the strength to complete their mission and return safely to their friends and family. Finally, Dear Lord, I ask for comfort and good health to my mom and dad as they get older. Amen
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Hello brothers :)   Would you please pray for my grandson's step-father. He was in a serious car accident last night. He has a disk injury on his spine, 3 broken ribs and spleen damage. The surgery is probably taking place at this time I am writing (9:40 am Tues). He may be paralized from this. His name is Donnie, wife Melissa and 4 young boys, Noah, Jade, Cole and Aden.
Thanks!
Don
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 3:19:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By mhall8811:
I need prayer once again.

As some here may know or remember, I have been out of work for a while now and really having a difficult time with it since I've never really had to go through anything like this in my 41 years. Although I have been absorbing God's lesson (sometimes with great resistance) and learning to count this as joy (James 1 has really come to life for me), the employment front has remained quite stagnant.

Well, I had a great interview yesterday with a company I am kind of familiar with. I did a few weeks of contract work with them a few months ago helping out with a trade show they put on. They contacted me about a position to see if I was interested. The position is very local (BIG plus) and the compensation fits my budget. It is something completely outside of my wheel-house, but the education is available and the time frame for such is acceptable.

I almost hate to get my hopes up, but I'm really excited about the possibility. Apparently I am said to have the inside track for this position.

Please, please, please pray for God's blessing for me in this area.

Thanks a ton. Hopefully I can update with a praise report.

Matthew

Praise report time!

Thank you to everyone who has said a prayer on my behalf. I was getting worried there for awhile, especially when I found out last week that the position I was hoping to land was down to 2 people: me and the CEO's brother.
Well, God is true to His word and I was offered the position today (about 10 minutes ago, actually)!
Please continue to pray the God will restore my mind back to the "sponge" condition it was when I was younger because I have lots to learn.
I will continue to pray for everyone here.

Matthew
Link Posted: 12/2/2009 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Hello brothers :)   Would you please pray for my grandson's step-father. He was in a serious car accident last night. He has a disk injury on his spine, 3 broken ribs and spleen damage. The surgery is probably taking place at this time I am writing (9:40 am Tues). He may be paralized from this. His name is Donnie, wife Melissa and 4 young boys, Noah, Jade, Cole and Aden.
Thanks!
Don

Praise Report: Prayers of a righteous man availeth much. The Lord heard our prayers and has had mercy on Donnie. He broke the first vertebrae on his spine in the accident (along with 3 ribs and spline). The surgery went well and the chance for a good recovery (6-8 weeks) is looking great at this point. Thank you all for your continued prayers and kind wishes. We will post updates as they come. God bless you all!
Link Posted: 12/5/2009 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks! This is so needed!
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top