Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 65
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:50:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jimpickens] [#1]
Hunter Hunter started out as a good suspenseful movie about a trapper who finds a bunch of dead bodies in the woods while tracking down a rogue wolf that turns out to be a deranged killer that crosses into I Spit On Your Grave territory with no clear ending and very unbelievable here you have experienced backwoods people and they're running around like chickens with their heads cut off  over a wolf who apparently has a scanner so they have to keep radio silence a real backwoodsman would have been psyched at a chance to get such a high dollar pelt. In speaking which whoever researched for this movie didn't do a good job or they would have known that a good trapper would never pass up the opportunity to sell the castoreum of the beaver since that's where the big money is.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Show: The Bad Batch

Movie: Blade Runner 2049
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Currently watch a series on Prime called Bosch. Pretty good cop show.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 7:02:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GiggleSmith] [#4]
The Suicide Squad

out of

I learned a few things:

1: The US Female Olympic Soccer Team was behind the Starfish.

2: 9mm > .45 ACP

3: There was a scene in a bar, it was Extreme Short, only a few frames but it was there: Bare Female boobage.

4: Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Tried wrath of man.  Action was ok, storytelling was... well,  not what you'd watch the movie for.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 11:34:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Deadwood the movie, after watching all seasons of the show.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 3:16:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Hillary's America The Secret History of the Democrat Party.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:04:58 AM EDT
[#8]
i started watching Berlin Station on German netflix, pretty good but too reminiscent of work so i stopped after 3 episodes, will probably pick it back up this fall
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#9]
No TV today.

Watched The Maltese Falcon - 1941

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 1:36:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Death Of A Nation another Dinesh D'Souza masterpiece on how the DNC with their ANTIFA thugs are ruining America
Spy A Go Go zany early 60's cold war comedy with the highlight being a talking rabbit
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 1:44:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZekeMenuar] [#12]
Man Hunt - 1941

Link Posted: 9/10/2021 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#13]
The Trial - 1962

Yes it's based on Kafka's Novel of the same name.  Orson Welles made the film sort of understandable.

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 9:13:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZekeMenuar] [#14]
A documentary movie about the military takeover of the United States.
Seven Days in May

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#15]
The local Regal is full of horror genre films anymore. The art film place is in the heart of a construction zone.
Given the lack of anything I really wanted to see, I finally broke down and saw Black Widow. I figured that as Marvel movies go it would be better than Kim Chee and the the Magic Phallus Rings
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#16]
It's already happening in Australia, UK.  Soon it will be here.

The Lives of Others

Link Posted: 9/16/2021 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 6:20:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZekeMenuar] [#18]
TV
History Channel.  Three part series "Gestapo Hitlers Secret Police".

I kept inserting unvaxxed where needed.  Bears a striking resemblance to what's going on today.

Binge watching "Dragnet" right now.  1967 - 1970.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 5:23:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Out Of Darkness aka Night Creature a few things I've learned from this Donald Pleasance movie when dealing with a pissed off black leopard of the man killing variety that fucked me up years ago so I decided to catch it and take it to my private island for a little payback
Bring enough ammo and cleaning supplies and have my rifle fitted with an illuminated scope for night hunts
smack the granddaughter upside the head with a rolled up newspaper for not keeping bowser on a leash in the first place and another one for sneaking out at night
hired a couple of mercs to help in the hunt
have at least one spare rifle so that the guy with the party can help as well
overall not a bad suspense movie.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 2:43:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Forever Purge loved the pro second amendment theme which made up for anti American evil white dudes shit that comprised of 95% of the movie.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 3:43:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 1:23:27 AM EDT
[#22]
You're not missing much.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 3:19:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Felidae a 1994 animated mystery/horror movie consisting of cats.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 7:44:28 PM EDT
[#24]
A few days back I caught his movie on my TIVO app.
I wasn't too surprised to find the movie on youtube.

OK, it's a movie for children.
A girl who is about to be 12 years old finds out she's really a mermaid.
The movie deals with how she deals with it.

One Question that bugs me:
When she is in a bikini and after she goes into a swimming pool to fully grow her tail of the first time: What happens to her swimsuit bottom

Scales: Mermaids Are Real
Scales mermaids are real full movie
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 4:40:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tc556guy] [#25]
Went to see The Last Duel last night
First movie in a while with Ben Affleck and Matt Damon where I didn't think of the actors as themselves rather than the characters they were portraying

The Last Duel | Official Trailer | 20th Century Studios
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Wife wanted to watch some movies at home over the weekend, specifically asked for movies from my youth. She grew up outside the US, so not much familiarity with stuff  older than 5-6 years.

Not sure why, but we ended up watching The Sixth Sense, and Pulp Fiction (hard copy blu ray collection). She loved both of them, and wondered why current American movies were not on par with them. She said up till now, the only other American movie she enjoyed was Interstellar.

We've got more Tarantino lined up for next weekend.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I saw Dune, Part 1.

out of

Dune 1984 had better music, although I did get kick of of the bagpipes.
They really should have done Fold-Space sequence.

I missed the introduction that Virginia Madsen did as well.
I guess everybody knows the basic history by now.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#28]
The Warriors on Amazon Prime last night. It is a great film. Walter Hill is a great director.

Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Squid Game
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#30]
last night
wheel of time ep4
foundation ep10
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#31]
A Few Dollars Less funny parody of the spaghetti western gerne.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 7:36:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Watched Demolition Man over the weekend for the firs time since childhood. Wife was watching it for the first time.

Noticed so many more things it predicted, censorship (cursing tickets), false flags (Raymond, villian, freeing Wesley Snipes, chaos for power), gun control, defund the police, TP shortage (3 seashells), social distancing (VR sex), vegan diets (rat burgers underground, meat banned), cancel culture (people who want freedom live underground).
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 12:22:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Last few things I watched were.

Danger Close
Serenity
godzilla
Black Widow
Wonder Woman 1984
a few episodes of The man in the high castle.
Phantasm
Tenet
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 5:00:52 AM EDT
[#34]
The Silencing a lame ripoff of Wind River that is pretty phony as in here we have a movie set in North America but yet instead of elk of whitetail deer you see fallow deer free roaming.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:05:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Wild Women of the Naked West a 1965 nudie cutie that is not only laugh out funny but a time capsule from a time when wokeness wasn't a thing and the women in the adult movie business looked like actual healthy women and not all tatted up walking billboards
Ilsa Harem Keeper of the Oil Sheiks man how they couldn't make a movie like this today
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Someone gave me the Longmire the complete series over the holidays and finally started it.  I'm in the middle of the second season and still enjoying the heck out of it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:20:25 AM EDT
[#37]
A Place Called Tomorrow about a black mayoral candidate who uses bombings racial divide and violence to get elected way ahead of its time on that subject TCM has it ratted NC17 mostly due to the vicious rape/ murder scene near the end.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:59:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:53:53 AM EDT
[#39]
We just cut the cord and I hooked up our OTA antenna. One of the first things that popped up was the Adam 12 episode Eulogy for a Pig.
The message of that one still applies today.
The Magnum PI episode Did You See the Sunrise was on last night.
Caught part of an episode of Tour of Duty today.
The endless commercials are driving me crazy.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:14:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Angel of Evil a true account of the rise and fall of 70's outlaw Renato Vallanzasca pretty brutal and action packed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Ghostbusters Afterlife.  Thought it was a fun and sweet tribute to Harold Ramis.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 6:03:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: formerlyphat] [#42]
I tried to watch The Marksman with Liam Neeson.  Yeah, I know.  Anyway, this scene from the movie shows how truly awful Liam's trigger manipulation is.  Slapping the trigger like no one's business, no follow through, no reset.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#43]
I just watched this cheesy movie called "Rogue Force", sometimes called "Renegade Force".  Decent tactics and firearms though.  Michael Rooker is the good cop.  😀
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:33:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Saw that movie on youtube pretty decent for a MFTV movie.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 4:04:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Way of the West a really good western involving a Mountie investigating a hanged body he found a priest in cohorts with Cossack/ American outlaws processing and growing opium who also happens to have a gold mine a tent town caught in the middle this movie reminds me of the old Clint Eastwood westerns of the 70's and for extra points it's not woke as he teaches a little girl how to shoot a Sharps to which she uses to save him from being hung by the outlaws.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#46]
I watched Soylent Green, Shooter, Die Hard 4.

Watched the new Batman over the weekend.  Its good but long. like 3 hours.  I was skeptical beforehand but it was fairly entertaining.  Has action and slow spots.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 3:16:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jimpickens] [#47]
House on Bare Mountain zany 1965 horror/comedy/nudie cutie that's looks like a Disney movie when compared to todays adult humor movies but 10xs more entertaining.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 1:34:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Been watching old Marble hot body bikini contests on B-Zone and assorted bikini contests from the late 80's to the early 90's before it got taken to seriously and was considered a sport when it was just titty's and beer fun and everyone from the judges to the contestants knew it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 11:32:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: somedude] [#49]
Watched  Monster Hunter -  it sucks has almost nothing going for it. Other than the cook scenes which are less than a minute.
Scream - the newest one.  It was ok, not terrible not great.
A Quiet Place II - It was good as the first one to me other than the way a few acted in it.
Kesari - A film about the Sikh's in the British Army fighting.  Its very bollywood but some of it was entertaining.

Been watching  shows.  Seal Team - seen everything so far, some good, some great and some of it sucks. They started getting cheap with the budget etc.
1883 which so far has been surprisingly good.
Picard - if you like Star Trek you will like most of it.
Halo - its just ok.  The special effects and cgi are good but story is so so. If you watched it,  (is the gun grease that stuff that is in short supply now?)
Ozark - only a few episodes in, its decent.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ZekeMenuar:
No TV today.

Watched The Maltese Falcon - 1941

https://i.imgur.com/pYafomU.jpg
View Quote

need to find a cheap source of old movie posters or repros.  want to mount a few and not have creases in them.  make good wallpapers for the pc though.  The old posters are way cooler than what they do now.
Page / 65
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top