Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2014 7:01:36 AM EDT
Just picked up a jogging stroller off CL for $10, bought it to convert it into a gun/ammo/water cart for sporting clays competitions.  Any suggestions out there or links for ideas?.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]

I have a stroller that I plan to do this to.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
That is exactly what I'm after
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:06:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://madtrigger.net/images/gats/3gcart.jpg

I have a stroller that I plan to do this to.
View Quote

Cool. I like these kind of posts. It my brain working. I'm off to get my grandkid's old stroller and attack it with tools.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I had built a cart several years ago on the super cheap (homemade gun racks, etc).  The light weight stroller I used finally gave up the ghost as one of the lower frame bars finally rusted enough to fold where I had drilled a few holes to hold a shelf.  I just finished building out a new cart starting from a Baby Trend Expedition jogging stroller.

I made a few changes based on using the old one, including:
1. Pick a more substantial stroller to start with.  
2. Removed the swinging cup holder that goes in front of the seat and cut back the mounts.
3. Re-purpose the heavier straps from different parts of the stroller as supports for the reclined seat.  I removed the ability to have the seat be at any position but flat, but the seat is now supported by several runs of the 1" wide nylon strap for better support.  
4. Removed the cover and cut down one of the cover rods to use as support for an accessory shelf (still working on this).  The rod is till attached to the original rotating mount so I can fold it down and out of the way.
5. The last thing I did was to build out the original footrest as a muzzle rest, ammo storage area similar to the commercial carts.  I used the original foot rest and lexan sheet for the structure with some old fabric and an outer cover of rip stop nylon.  

I've only had it out once to the range but it worked great so far, my total cost is approx. $110
Baby Trend jogging stroller off Craigslist = $40
New Kolpin rests = $34
lexan, ripstop nylon and odds and end (screws, bolts, nuts, etc) = $35

Mike

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top