Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2009 4:19:37 PM EDT
Need to pick up a wheelbarrow for the ol' homestead and I like the stability of the two-wheeled varieties. Who has one and do you like it?

Link Posted: 10/28/2009 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for moving big loads but a little harder to manuver around.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]

I would like one....I've spilled loads of brick & mortar with my 1 wheeled wheelbarrow due to the akwardness of the single front wheel in turns & such.

However I'd like a little better quality pan....that one looks plastic

Link Posted: 10/28/2009 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The rickshaw type that put the load directly over the wheels work really well. With the one pictured, you yave to physically hold the load up. With the rickshaw type, the wheels hold the load up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 4:37:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I have that model and I love it. One handed 'driving' with a light enough load(grass from the mower). I have used it for a few other yard chores but that's about it.

Did I say I really like mine?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#5]
They're really good for stability, but they suck when you have to turn a tight corner.  They're heavy as shit when empty, compared to a single-wheeled one.  If you have a strong pan, that is.  I'd be really hesitant to put a very heavy load in that plastic one.  This would negate the very thing that makes a two-wheeled barrow better - it's stability when loaded up heavy...
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#6]
My dad swears by Garden Way Carts, lots sturdier than what you pictured and also has a "dump" front on it. Same issues as above with manueverability. Google them, called Vermont Carts now for some reason...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I've seen those and handled those.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with that bucket.  Jackson makes some of the best wheel barrows around.  That is extremely heavy gage plastic that will never rust out.  Neither are you ever likely to damage it throwing bricks into it.  I chose the single wheeled version because of the maneuverability.  If you don't need that, ever, then you should consider this as it is a lot more stable.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#8]
If you think you'll ever need to go across the face of a hill (not directly up or down it) get a single wheeler.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top