BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 33
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#2]
RIP.   Followed this since the beginning.  Haven’t had the words to post but it’s been a beautiful, sad sobering journey.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#3]
If John was able to find the good in everyday going through what he was dealing with, there is no reason I can not do the same with my own way simpler daily challenges. I never met John but no doubt he was an all around solid guy and the world is a better place because he was in it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#4]
rip
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#5]
How did I miss this thread?

Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Prayers outbound.

Rest in Peace, John . . . and Peace be with you, Karla.

Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Rip John.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By iteotwawki:
I am so sorry for your loss, Karla. Your John was such a great speaker (er - typer), a brilliant thinker, and a kind and compassionate man. I don't know where you are with religion, but I have no doubt in my mind that John is in a better place, with both eyes seeing, and in no pain.

John mentioned to me that he planned to have one more Christmas a while back and knowing he achieved that is our Mr. John's Good Thing of the Day in my house. I want to thank you for being such an incredible helpmeet and partner and wife to John. It is comforting to know that you were there with him and that your life will go on as a testament to him. He's a part of you as surely as the leaves will return in the spring. I know you hurt right now but please please please greet each day with the confidence of knowing John would want you to be happy, to laugh, remember, breathe, take care of yourself, and live every single day of your life knowing that YOU are the good thing in it.

My family prays you will have more peace than wars waged within. We pray you will have more laughter than tears, more love than anger, more understanding than confusion, more answers than questions, more good than bad, more triumphing, living, healing, and that your grief will meet you as a gentle companion for the duration of its stay and not beat you up whenever the chance arises.

John left this world knowing love. He left this world knowing friendship. He left this world knowing that a million sunrises will never bring a soul around big enough to take his place here or anywhere else.  His mark is permanent on those of us who had the pleasure of learning from him, listening to him, and traveling alongside him on his journey. He taught us hope, acceptance, and humility and most of all --- that a man can meet his fate as gracefully as a golden eagle drifting on thermals. He made us love our wives/girlfriends/children/family and friends more. He made us look for a reason to smile on our worst days. He made us live each day like it was our last because it could be.

It's impossible for us to take away the pain you feel. But I hope you know that you can come here to this community any time day or night and we will see you, we will listen to you, we will try to help you in any way you need. We are here. Reach old. Any time. ANY time.

RIP, John. This place will never feel the same with such an integral piece missing.
View Quote
Very well said!
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 2:39:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ol_Boltface] [#11]
Originally Posted By iteotwawki:
I am so sorry for your loss, Karla. Your John was such a great speaker (er - typer), a brilliant thinker, and a kind and compassionate man. I don't know where you are with religion, but I have no doubt in my mind that John is in a better place, with both eyes seeing, and in no pain.John mentioned to me that he planned to have one more Christmas a while back and knowing he achieved that is our Mr. John's Good Thing of the Day in my house. I want to thank you for being such an incredible helpmeet and partner and wife to John. It is comforting to know that you were there with him and that your life will go on as a testament to him. He's a part of you as surely as the leaves will return in the spring. I know you hurt right now but please please please greet each day with the confidence of knowing John would want you to be happy, to laugh, remember, breathe, take care of yourself, and live every single day of your life knowing that YOU are the good thing in it.My family prays you will have more peace than wars waged within. We pray you will have more laughter than tears, more love than anger, more understanding than confusion, more answers than questions, more good than bad, more triumphing, living, healing, and that your grief will meet you as a gentle companion for the duration of its stay and not beat you up whenever the chance arises.John left this world knowing love. He left this world knowing friendship. He left this world knowing that a million sunrises will never bring a soul around big enough to take his place here or anywhere else.  His mark is permanent on those of us who had the pleasure of learning from him, listening to him, and traveling alongside him on his journey. He taught us hope, acceptance, and humility and most of all --- that a man can meet his fate as gracefully as a golden eagle drifting on thermals. He made us love our wives/girlfriends/children/family and friends more. He made us look for a reason to smile on our worst days. He made us live each day like it was our last because it could be.It's impossible for us to take away the pain you feel. But I hope you know that you can come here to this community any time day or night and we will see you, we will listen to you, we will try to help you in any way you need. We are here. Reach old. Any time. ANY time.

RIP, John. This place will never feel the same with such an integral piece missing.
View Quote
I think that is about the best post I’ve ever read on arfcom, that wasn’t made by John Suttie.

@iteotwawki, You covered how we all feel, perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 2:44:16 PM EDT
[#13]
RIP John.
The lives that you touched and changed for the better are a testament to what kind of man you were.
Thank you for helping me and others to find something good in every day.

Prayers, and condolences for you and your family, Karla.
God Bless.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 2:51:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Every man dies, not every man really lives
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Karla,

I and Dianne have read all the post sense your update of johns passing.

We cannot add to the outpouring that has already been stated. Our prayers are with John, You and family. He was a great man that gave so much to so many.

I still smile when I think of when we spoke on the phone and you told me what John did with the Maple Syrup the first night. I am so thankful that I was able to give him a taste of one of his favorite things.

May God keep you and John in Comfort.

Bless John, Yourself and family.

Steve and Dianne
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Karla,

John's journey has passed us by. He was a blessing to all around him, I'm sure you'll agree. I'm glad he's moved beyond all suffering. Just as we here walked with him, we're here for you, too. God bless you and your family.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Karla,

My prayers are with you and your family.  As many others have said, John's attitude and wise words touched me deeply.
At the end of the day, I ask myself and my family to tell me something good about the day.
On Christmas, John found the greatest thing ever. Salvation.

May your blessings be uncountable from now on.

Jeff
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#23]
RIP
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Ive only posted once or twice in this thread but have been following it since day one. We are ALL saddened by the loss and will miss John and his insightful and uplifting posts. My Grandmother also passed on Christmas day in 1975 when I was 11 years old. Yes, it made it hard to face the holiday season for a few years but its also a bittersweet reminder every year to LOVE AND CHERISH your friends and family and to appreciate all God has given us.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#25]
 RIP.  Awful.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Started his own Memorial thread like a boss. Rest in peace bro.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 8:00:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Skillshot:
Started his own Memorial thread like a boss. Rest in peace bro.
View Quote
I've been following this since the beginning.

Awe inspiring thread.

RIP
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I remember seeing the title when it first showed up and sort of knew what it was about.
While being right, I could not have been more wrong at the same time.

Heart felt thanks for this thread.

So much dust, and so little words
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#29]
RIP John. My thoughts are with you Karla.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 8:54:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: toaster] [#30]
Anon Prayer Warrior here... no, this is not all there is.  This is the test, then comes the Glory. You are loved and awaited.  Not my bread, but related to one of yours. The journey is everything and it never ends.

ETA: My mother wrote that. Rest in peace fellow arfcommer.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#31]
RIP John

Valhalla awaits....
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Karla,
I'm so sorry to read of John's passing.  I'm glad to know he went in peace.
I hope you can draw some comfort from the knowledge that he is in God's arms.
I will continue to keep you in prayer.

Mike S.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm so sorry for your loss, peace to you and your family.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 11:53:44 PM EDT
[#35]
I’ve been following this since the first day.  There’s not a lot to add that hasn’t already been said.

Karla, this group of people can sometimes do amazing things for people. If you have a need, ask.

John was a mentor in so many ways. I will go forward in life always looking for something good, every day.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 12:58:46 AM EDT
[#36]
The sad day that I knew was coming but didn't want to see arrive has come and gone. No longer will we be blessed with anymore of John's wit and wisdom. We will have to suffice with the memories and try to make them live on through our words and deeds. No longer does John have to suffer in this world of woe and strife and bittersweet joy for he has gone home. Until I pass on and can shake his hand to thank him for the gifts that he set down in this thread I will try to not only to keep in mind how truly blessed I am but also to look for the good even when the situation may seem adverse.

My condolences to Karla and the rest of John's family and friends. I never met John but he has touched my life through this thread and I am all the better for it.

Rest In Peace John Suttie may you receive the rewards for the message you ministered.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 12:59:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Sad to hear it.

Prayer to you Karla.

John is in a better place!
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 3:07:28 AM EDT
[#38]
R.I.P. USjet
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 3:09:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By usjet:
My dear AR15 family
I 'm sad to report John passed away on Christmas.  He was in no pain and went peacefully surrounded by family and friends.  I knew it was coming but when it did I was overwhelmed with grief.  I am still numb.  I want to wish all of you a Happy New Year, and like we've all heard the last couple of months " find some good in the day ".
Karla
View Quote
Sorry for your loss, may he rest now...
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#40]
RIP John, you will be missed

Prayers for the family

Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:44:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Not sure what else I can say - some amazingly articulate thoughts here...some simply said, others long and weighty.

I know that I will miss hearing from John - despite all he was going through I could always feel his desire to help others - and especially Karla - through it all. And, most importantly, he wanted to do it with dignity.

You did that, John, and more.

Sad that you've left us...and ever thankful to have shared some time with you here.

I'll see you on the other side.

Rest easy.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:59:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Just found this thread yesterday and read it all the way through. John and Johns personality and experience remind me a great deal of my oldest brother who passed at 61 two weeks before Christmas, also of cancer. So many of his posts were so close to what my brother went through that I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't him posting. His sense of humor, the things that were his interests and joys in life make me certain that if they had ever met in life they would have been good friends.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family along with my deepest condolences. Good people are rare enough that losing one is a loss to everyone. I am truly sorry.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#43]
RIP, John.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Over 53,000 views of this thread. Up from 46,000 just a couple of days ago. Now a thread that will never go to the archives.

Speaks volumes to how Arfcom thought of John & you too, Karla.

John would sure be proud & amazed of the legacy he’s leaving us.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#46]
My condolences to you and your family, Karla.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 11:53:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By samiam83:
I have no words that can make the pain and sorrow better, but know that John had tremendous impact on those of us here and I'm sure countless others as well.

ETA:  Best said here..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By samiam83:
I have no words that can make the pain and sorrow better, but know that John had tremendous impact on those of us here and I'm sure countless others as well.

ETA:  Best said here..
Originally Posted By Devious6:
I am so sorry to read that John passed on - but thankful that his pain is now gone. Please know that I will keep him and you, Karla, in my prayers.

John left us with so much - what seems to be a simple way to approach life is in truth a monumental mantra that provides a way to get past all the unimportant things we deal with on a daily basis.

We were - are - blessed.
This.

Karla, My condolences , I am sorry for your loss, and continue to pray for you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
Thank you John. I'll see you on the other side brother.
View Quote
Amen to that
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#49]
I know we all have our crosses to bear. Lately my burdens seem a bit lighter and my days a bit brighter.
Looking for the good in every day.
Thanks, John. Rest easy, my friend.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:47:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Very inspiring man and thread. Rest easy John.
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top