Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I wasn't familiar with him but knew he was the Rusty avatar.
RIP CarbineDad
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:27:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Rest in Peace, sir.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:39:32 PM EDT
[#7]
RIP CarbineDad.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#8]
God speed
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#10]
RIP.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:38:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Bummer

Prayers out for the family
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:
He was one of the best of us. He passed on May 6th. 79014 posts. He was an 07er, like me. Rest in peace CarbineDad.
View Quote

Sorry to hear that.  He seemed like a good guy.

RIP
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ironhandjohn:
A local Arfcommer & fixture in the local firearms scene shuffled off this mortal coil last Sunday, too; Tn-Hawk45.
View Quote

Another good one gone.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:53:08 PM EDT
[#14]

RIP Brother!
Condolences to family and friends.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I suspect that he frequently sported the same wry expression as his avatar.

The world is lessened with his passing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:10:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrHold] [#17]
RIP DAD

His NASCAR league name
Winston Cup Forever
Carbine Dad

The ghost of Smokey Yunick is going to start hitting the people running NASCAR with a lug wrench

I will miss you DAD
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#18]
RIP my friend

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Rest in Peace.  

My condolences to the family if they are reading.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Ouch, prayers for the family.  I usually enjoyed his perspective.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:33:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Fair Winds and Following Seas, Sir.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:00:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Godspeed CarbineDad.  Rest easy Arf brother.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:25:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:29:59 AM EDT
[#24]
We lost Winston_Wolf and now CarbineDad. Rest easy boys.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:30:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:32:44 AM EDT
[#26]

damn.  RIP.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:32:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By realwar:
View Quote
Well said.

These were good men.

RIP.

We are diminished without them.

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:33:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By giacutter:
Well said.

These were good men.

RIP.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By giacutter:
Originally Posted By realwar:
Well said.

These were good men.

RIP.

Two really good people.

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:36:18 AM EDT
[#29]
I haven't seen much from him in the last few years, but remember his posts more frequently 10+ years ago. Maybe we just ended up in different threads lately.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:37:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ironhandjohn:
A local Arfcommer & fixture in the local firearms scene shuffled off this mortal coil last Sunday, too; Tn-Hawk45.
View Quote
WTF?! It's so weird losing people I've never met, but actually miss.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:39:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Put in a bad word for Biden, please. I can't imagine his Swiss cheese brain holding on much longer.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:42:57 AM EDT
[#32]
RIP, brother
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:45:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Rest in peace sir.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:52:41 AM EDT
[#34]
RIP
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:56:35 AM EDT
[#35]
I don't have the words.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:10:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:13:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Rest In Peace freedom warrior. You will be missed here.

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:15:43 AM EDT
[#38]

Never seen him post

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:16:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Rest In Peace.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Bump.

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#41]
RIP brother
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:44:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#43]
RIP.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By jnk556:
Yeah ol Jim was originally from California.  Believe he was transplanted to Pittsburgh area around late 90s early 2000s for his job.  Believe his parents still live in the San Francisco area?  

I knew him as jimbob, being his real name was James Robert, and he needed a trail name, jimbob was it

He worked for the DOD, secret squirrel stuff on nuclear reactors in the navy subs and ships.  I always asked him about the newest boats and what ships were in ports and such.  The guy was a honest genius in some topics as far as what he could talk about.

Waldo and I backpacked with him a few times, and on one occasion we lost him in the Cranberry Wilderness, ol jimbob being more of a office type creature he didn't exactly have the pace of us hikers.  We ended up getting search and rescue after him, and they found him safe where we had last left him.

He also helped me and another gun friend set up at gunshows on several occasions.  He went to knob creek with us, attended a bunch of MG shoots down here in WV.  

I never met his wife, although she could cook, as he brought goodies from time to time..  I did meet his son once, at a MG shoot.  Bit of a nerdy kid, but smart as hell like his dad.

Last time I saw him, probably 2yrs back now he came to help at a gunshow, and was coming to a MG shoot a week or so after, to which he never showed up.  He later messaged me saying he had been throwing up and was dizzy, thought he had the stomach bug.  Turns out it was a brain tumor.  I got a really strange message from him after he had the tumor removed saying he thought he was gonna be ok, but the message was really hard to decifer like he had lost some cognitive function.  I wished him the best, and offered any help I could.  I never heard from him again.  

He was a great friend, one of those guys who'd help you hide a body, go do anything you asked, and was always goofy as hell, but funny as could be.  He certainly touched my life as long as he was in it, and the world won't be the same without him.

God speed Jimbob I'm gonna miss ya bud.
View Quote
Thank you very much for sharing this.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah ol Jim was originally from California.  Believe he was transplanted to Pittsburgh area around late 90s early 2000s for his job.  Believe his parents still live in the San Francisco area?  

I knew him as jimbob, being his real name was James Robert, and he needed a trail name, jimbob was it

He worked for the DOD, secret squirrel stuff on nuclear reactors in the navy subs and ships.  I always asked him about the newest boats and what ships were in ports and such.  The guy was a honest genius in some topics as far as what he could talk about.

Waldo and I backpacked with him a few times, and on one occasion we lost him in the Cranberry Wilderness, ol jimbob being more of a office type creature he didn't exactly have the pace of us hikers.  We ended up getting search and rescue after him, and they found him safe where we had last left him.

He also helped me and another gun friend set up at gunshows on several occasions.  He went to knob creek with us, attended a bunch of MG shoots down here in WV.  

I never met his wife, although she could cook, as he brought goodies from time to time..  I did meet his son once, at a MG shoot.  Bit of a nerdy kid, but smart as hell like his dad.

Last time I saw him, probably 2yrs back now he came to help at a gunshow, and was coming to a MG shoot a week or so after, to which he never showed up.  He later messaged me saying he had been throwing up and was dizzy, thought he had the stomach bug.  Turns out it was a brain tumor.  I got a really strange message from him after he had the tumor removed saying he thought he was gonna be ok, but the message was really hard to decifer like he had lost some cognitive function.  I wished him the best, and offered any help I could.  I never heard from him again.  

He was a great friend, one of those guys who'd help you hide a body, go do anything you asked, and was always goofy as hell, but funny as could be.  He certainly touched my life as long as he was in it, and the world won't be the same without him.

View Quote
Thanks for this post.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:

I agree, thank you.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 6:42:32 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
thanks for posting
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 6:52:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wgjhsafT] [#48]

View Quote

Thanks for sharing that.  I had met him once as he worked where my mother used to and we had a few conversations about that.  He was a good man.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#50]
RIP CarbineDad.  Prayers for the family.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top