Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 4:24:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I applaud you for not going down without a fight! Miracles do happen, and even in a worst case scenario extra time with your family is precious. I pray for healing, relief from pain, and clarity during your battle. God Bless!
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 4:28:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Goddammit.  My dad is in the same boat right now and nearing the end of his journey. I feel for you man. I hate to hear this from anyone. I pray for peace and freedom from pain for you.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 4:29:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Praying for you, OP. Can’t imagine going through that, but keep fighting!
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 4:31:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Dude. I am so sorry to hear that. I wish I could offer more than prayers.

If there is anything I could help you with, please feel free to let me know.

Stay strong
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I pray the Most High God gives you strength through the Holy Spirit and grants you and your family peace, in Jesus's name, Amen.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 5:22:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Praying for you as well, OP.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 5:26:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry for that diagnosis.
I don’t know what I would do given that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 5:30:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I’m speechless but hope things get better in any possible way that would be of some help for you 🙏
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 5:31:15 AM EDT
[#9]
God speed friend

Have you tried any "alternative" therapies/methods/etc?

At this point nothing to lose so give it hell!
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 5:37:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Prayers Brother.

Link Posted: 9/19/2023 5:52:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Prayers sent.

Cancer sucks.

Fuck cancer.

I have an idea of what you’re going through and I hope that everything goes well.

I'm here dealing with my wife possibly relapsing with lymphoma. We’re awaiting for the results from her surgery/biopsy from this past Friday. With 2 kids @12 & 13, we’re scared.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 6:00:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Prayers for you and your family.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 6:03:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Praying for you.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 6:06:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Prayers for you and your family
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 6:09:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Prayers inbound
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 6:15:11 AM EDT
[#16]
I’m so sorry OP.  What a tough situation to navigate.  I pray for you to be guided through this and supported however you need to make the right decisions and make the most of the time you have with your family.   It sounds like you’ve done a great job setting your kids up for life.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 6:17:07 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm sorry, OP.

I hope the doctors explain it well, but our society talks about the cancer "coming back." That implies it was gone or "went" somewhere. The cancer was always there. You have an aggressive cancer. There is likely no fairy tale ending.

You have to decide how hard and how long you want to fight. Should you choose not to, good palliative care should relieve much of the pain and other symptoms. Most people don't know how long they have on the Earth. You have an opportunity to get your affairs in order than many do not. I tell you this plainly because most people around you won't have the heart to.

Each day now has new value and meaning to you- you should not fritter it away on negativity. Good luck and best wishes!
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 6:21:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Wow, so sorry, prayers for you.
A high school friend went thru the same thing you are going thru, he fought it all the way to the end.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 6:24:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Sheesh. Prayers sent, my man.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 6:33:24 AM EDT
[#20]
OP I am terribly sorry for what you are having to go through...especially because you worry about your family without there and likely feel horrible for the sickness that keeps you from fully being the dad you feel they need and you want to be...
You have my family's prayers in Jesus' name.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 6:37:16 AM EDT
[#21]
I’m sorry you’re facing this sir. I’ll pray for you
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 6:37:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 6:37:23 AM EDT
[#23]
You have my prayers Bo.    Prayers for you and healing.   For your decisions going fwd.    Prayers for your family.    

Hang in there.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 6:57:52 AM EDT
[#24]
So sorry to hear this, OP.

I hope you can take comfort that so many people (most of whom you don't even know) are praying for you.

Count me amongst that number.

Godspeed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm wishing nothing but the best for you, OP.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:01:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:01:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Sorry to hear this.  Fight the fight, any extra time with your kids will be worth it, for you and them.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:01:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LeadBreakfast] [#28]
OP,  I pray that you find peace and comfort whatever your decision may be. God bless you.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Prayers to you and your children.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:04:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Keep positive man. Fight until you can't. Prayers going out.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:11:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:13:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OBird] [#32]
I pray for guidance in your decision, and that God may grant you the peace that only He can give.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:13:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Man OP prayers for you.  Tough spot.  Be with those that love you.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:16:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Prayers outbound for you and your loved ones.

Hang in there, OP.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Praying for you!
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:19:22 AM EDT
[#36]
You have my prayers.

Fuck cancer.

May God bless you and your family, and give you all the strength and peace you need to get through this.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:20:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Bo I still haven't slept. Your post has been on my mind.

You ended up in the right place. Anyone here will send you their number and shoot the shit or just listen to what you want to say.

You may have been given a shit situation, but everyday on God's green earth is a blessing. If you can and are willing fight... fight this how you want. It's your choice and noone else's. You could do option 1 or 2 and survive. None of us are perfect, so none of us know the right call. Miracles happen every day. You've won 2/2. Vegas would bet in your favor.

I do think you need a second opinion. Because again, non of us are perfect including your doctor.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:21:23 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm so sorry OP. Prayed for you and your family.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:27:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Prayers have been said for you and your family, as well as the others here fighting cancer.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:30:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Post all you want! This group of strangers will lift you up.

Lord in heaven, please ease our brother Bo’s suffering in this time of tribulation. Calm the chaos in his mind and show him the way everlasting. Give him the strength to finish his work here on Earth so that he may come to you with peace in his heart, amen.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:32:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bo_Knows:

Smoking and not controlling my acid reflux. The cancer started at the base of my esophagus near the stomach. Acid reflux probably caused it more than the smoking did. Still I wish I had never smoked.
View Quote

First of all, I wish you the absolute best. Maybe look into an immunotherapy option or even clinical trial? I've read stories of people who were fortunate enough to respond extremely well and turned a poor prognosis into full remission.

How bad was your acid reflux? I ask because I deal with this as well. Mine was pretty bad when I drank a lot more in my 20's, better now and largely controlled with calcium antacids (one or two before bed seems to keep nighttime issues at bay).

I'm going to see if I can talk my doctor into a esophageal cancer screening for me, I also have a family history of throat problems.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Prayers man.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Bo_Knows:
I’ve been fighting esophagus cancer for 3 years. It’s been a long 3 years and I’ve been in remission, then had it come back, then remission again. I have been having some issues the last couple months including a hospital stay for a collapsed lung.

I had a PET scan Friday and was able to confirm today at the oncologist office, what i thought I saw on the scan report Saturday. My cancer is back. It has metastasized into my liver, stomach, bowels and general abdominal area.

The Doctor also gave me 2 choices today

1. No Treatment and let it run is course. His “best guess” is I may get 3-6 months.

2. Another round of chemotherapy. If the chemo works, maybe 9 months to a year.

I understand he doesn’t know how long and these are just best guesses, but it gives me an idea of what I’m looking forward to.
My knee jerk reaction is to fight. I can not imagine going down without a fight. I’m going to sleep on it and pray about the next few days, but I will probably fight. I’m 53 yrs old and have a 21 yr old boy who is doing really good. He is in an apprenticeship program and on track to become an electrician. I also have a 14 yr old daughter who really needs her dad to be around for a while longer. She is a good kid, but she needs a dad. I’m divorced but get along pretty well with my ex who only lives a few blocks away. My ex is a good mom and person and will probably end up helping me when I get down even more. She is doing it for her kids.

Today I weigh 114lbs. I am 6’ and weighed 200lbs when I was diagnosed. I can barely eat now and 80% I do get down comes back up within 30 minutes. I’m not sure my body will live through another round of chemo.

This is probably one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever made and I’m going to have to make it on my own. If you’re feeling it, I could sure use some prayers and especially prayers to help me make a good choice.

I am in moderate to severe pain due to the cancer. I’m also vomiting a lot and have no appetite. The Doctor has had me on THC pills for the nausea and appetite and Percocet for the pain. I am also in a round of steroids so I have to dance with the Ambien walrus just about every night or else I would get any sleep.  Today he put me on morphine.

All that just to say and explain that the medication is probably causing me to post more than I used to. I might also say some things I wouldn’t normally say. I apologize if I get a little goofy with my posts in the next few months. I have always enjoyed this place and have spent probably way more time on it then I should have. I don’t have any “friends” here to speak of and most of you probably won’t notice me when I’m gone, but thank you guys for the entertainment and information.

This is not a “I’m giving up” thread. I’m sure I will continue to fight as I have fought before, it’s just been a long day with some pretty high ups and downs and I needed to write it down.

Thanks for listening and reading this far.

Cancer sucks

Trust me…

Bo Knows cancer
View Quote

l'm praying for you, BO.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:53:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Bo, I am praying for you and your family. I pray that Jesus will come to you, and will lay his healing hands on you, and that you will be given peace and clarity throughout this period in your life. I also pray the same for all of the other brothers that are also dealing with their own battles as well. May Jesus heal you and comfort you throughout as well. Amen.

Man it is dusty in here....
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:54:47 AM EDT
[#46]
So sorry, try to get a hospital bed, adjusting pillows doesn’t work
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#47]
You will be in my prayers, brother.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:14:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:17:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top