User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Prayers to you and your family.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#2]
So sorry to hear this, Bo.  I have kids just a little younger than yours so I would like to think I would choose to fight, but I am not in your shoes.  You have to look deep, ask the Lord for guidance, and make your own decision.  You and your kids have my prayers at this tough time.  I pray that God blesses you in whatever you decide.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry man. Praying for you and your family.  Have you thought about alternatives like Panacur-c or anything that big pharma doesnt approve of?
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm praying for you, Bo.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ll be praying for you and your family.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:48:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tluxtele] [#6]
@Bo_Knows Sorry to read this. I feel for you. I was diagnosed w T-Cell ALL about 10 years ago. Treatment for that gave me MDS about a year and a half ago and had to have a stem cell transplant last year. I’m 46 and have two kids… 15 and 17.

My kids are what get me. I know my wife would be fine. I’m confident of the work done for me on the cross and my future. I’m good. But when I think about all the conversations I still want to have with my kids… that’s when the tears start.

I don’t know what sort of support system you have so you might not need a random guy from a forum… but if you ever want to talk send me a DM. I’ll be more than happy to take a phone call and chat. I’m adding you to my prayer list.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:51:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: millfire517] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bo_Knows:

Smoking and not controlling my acid reflux. The cancer started at the base of my esophagus near the stomach. Acid reflux probably caused it more than the smoking did. Still I wish I had never smoked.
View Quote
Were you diagnosed with Barretts esophagus.

Prayers op
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Bo, whatever your decision on treatment or hospice, I pray the Lord uses your faith and your example as a shining beacon on the hill, to guide other souls to Him.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By millfire517:

Prayers op
View Quote

I wasn’t but I’m pretty sure I had it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Are there any clinical trials your doctor might be able to get you into? If not, work your way around the various cancer centers and see if there are any other options. There may not be, but you'll know you left no reasonable stone unturned.

Best of luck to you both here and beyond, sir.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Prayers, dealing with a similar issue with a family member. Cancer sucks.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#12]
All the best to you my friend.

You have done your fair share and then some.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Subnet:
Esophageal cancer is the worst. For whatever reason, the prognosis is always pretty grim. It's a bitch, even among all the other terrible cancers. We're just not there yet, with it.

It took my father in law (my wife still isn't completely over it 15 years later, and likely never will be). Dude never smoked, and never drank. And that's one of those things that people who hear about it always bring up - "Yeah, it tends to get 'those' people with 'those' vices". Yeah...well...not him, and thanks for trying to rationalize his death away, asshole. I'm sure you're going to be just fine, hero, and fuck you very much.

It's hard for me to imagine what you're going through right now. It's hard for me to even wrap my head around it. And it's not fair.

FUCK CANCER
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll add my prayers with the others, that's a shit situation.  Fuck cancer.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Praying for you and your family pal. Hang in there!
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Prayers sent to you and your family Bo. Stay strong!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Fight. For you, for your kids. There are many people here that will be in your corner.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Prayers sent brother.  My God give you peace and serenity in this troubling time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Prayers sent OP. If you need to talk pm me. Im going through something similar but not cancer.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Prayers op
View Quote

That shit is scary. I was diagnosed with GERD and EOE. I know it's possible for that to slide into Barrett's if not controlled. I do my best to control that shit.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#22]
You’re a strong person.  Only hope I could handle it as well.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Man this was painful to read and it hits too close to home. Watching my dad die of Kidney cancer was one hell of thing. Fuck cancer, shit has no remorse for anyone or anything. My prayers are out to you brother.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Oh man, I cannot imagine.  I am so sorry.  

Fuck cancer.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#26]
You’re a brave man OP.

Good luck in your fight.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Prayers
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Get well soon. Keep up the the fight. If you want to talk about anything send me a PM.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Prayers sent for you brother.   I hope you kick its ass.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Prayers going out to you and your family.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By pale_pony:
I have no problems...thank you Lord

Please cover my brother Bo
View Quote

So many well-phrased offers of support.

More prayers here for you and your family, and for all you other guys dealing with tough situations.

Link Posted: 9/19/2023 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Prayers for you and your family
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Just saw this thread, Bo. I have been praying for you and now have included your family as well.

You're a strong man, and courageous to share your thoughts.

It sounds like your relationship with God is tight. And although I think you should continue to fight - I am sure you will know the right thing to do.

I admire your strength. And as previously, just send me a PM any time you might feel like talking.

I hope you and your medical team, by the power of the Most High, kick that cancer's ass.  

All the best.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Some people are like sparklers, hot and fast but not made to last. Hope you have some good memories to help you fight, godspeed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#35]
You're in my thoughts and I hope your fight is rewarding, sir.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 10:52:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Bo_Knows:
Update: 09/19/23

I’m going to fight. If I go down it will be while kicking and screaming and covered in someone else’s blood.

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. Also for the offers to talk if needed.

I’ve been fighting esophagus cancer for 3 years. It’s been a long 3 years and I’ve been in remission, then had it come back, then remission again. I have been having some issues the last couple months including a hospital stay for a collapsed lung.

I had a PET scan Friday and was able to confirm today at the oncologist office, what i thought I saw on the scan report Saturday. My cancer is back. It has metastasized into my liver, stomach, bowels and general abdominal area.

The Doctor also gave me 2 choices today

1. No Treatment and let it run is course. His “best guess” is I may get 3-6 months.

2. Another round of chemotherapy. If the chemo works, maybe 9 months to a year.

I understand he doesn’t know how long and these are just best guesses, but it gives me an idea of what I’m looking forward to.
My knee jerk reaction is to fight. I can not imagine going down without a fight. I’m going to sleep on it and pray about the next few days, but I will probably fight. I’m 53 yrs old and have a 21 yr old boy who is doing really good. He is in an apprenticeship program and on track to become an electrician. I also have a 14 yr old daughter who really needs her dad to be around for a while longer. She is a good kid, but she needs a dad. I’m divorced but get along pretty well with my ex who only lives a few blocks away. My ex is a good mom and person and will probably end up helping me when I get down even more. She is doing it for her kids.

Today I weigh 114lbs. I am 6’ and weighed 200lbs when I was diagnosed. I can barely eat now and 80% I do get down comes back up within 30 minutes. I’m not sure my body will live through another round of chemo.

This is probably one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever made and I’m going to have to make it on my own. If you’re feeling it, I could sure use some prayers and especially prayers to help me make a good choice.

I am in moderate to severe pain due to the cancer. I’m also vomiting a lot and have no appetite. The Doctor has had me on THC pills for the nausea and appetite and Percocet for the pain. I am also in a round of steroids so I have to dance with the Ambien walrus just about every night or else I would get any sleep.  Today he put me on morphine.

All that just to say and explain that the medication is probably causing me to post more than I used to. I might also say some things I wouldn’t normally say. I apologize if I get a little goofy with my posts in the next few months. I have always enjoyed this place and have spent probably way more time on it then I should have. I don’t have any “friends” here to speak of and most of you probably won’t notice me when I’m gone, but thank you guys for the entertainment and information.

This is not a “I’m giving up” thread. I’m sure I will continue to fight as I have fought before, it’s just been a long day with some pretty high ups and downs and I needed to write it down.

Thanks for listening and reading this far.

Cancer sucks

Trust me…

Bo Knows cancer
View Quote
This reads lot like how my dad was. Im sorry OP, I hope you pull through or at least get long enough to give your kids more. Shit is awful and I wish you the best
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#37]
My family and I will be praying for you Bo. We’ll continue doing so until it’s no longer needed because you kicked cancer’s ass a third time. Stay strong my friend.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Fuck cancer

We got you bo

( cancer survivor 2014 )
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 11:09:21 PM EDT
[#39]
So sorry to hear this man. You've been a fighter for sure. I hope the best for you and your family.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 11:21:47 PM EDT
[#40]

Prayers op
View Quote
I have that.  I already have prostate cancer.  I'll trust in God.

Lets pray for our brother here.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#41]
We're keeping you and your family in our prayers.
IM sent
@Bo_Knows.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 11:32:55 PM EDT
[#42]
I work in the healthcare field and see this situation happening to too many people recently. Did you take the covid shots OP? Some people are saying it can cause cancer remission or just new cancer.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Prayers to you and your family.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 11:47:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn.  

I hope, many years from now, you and your family can look back and laugh at the doctor’s estimates.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Hope you know the lord,or find him in your darkest hours.  Take  strength from the prayers offered on your behalf.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 12:04:45 AM EDT
[#46]
OP, it sounds like even in such a difficult situation you have strength.  I pray for continued strength for you so you can support your kids.  I pray for you tonight my brother.  

Please keep us updated as you can.  If you can’t, no worries.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 12:05:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Prayers
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 12:48:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Don’t give up, Bo!  You HAVE to fight.

My old neighbor had stage 4 pancreatic cancer and was basically given a death sentence.  She’s now in remission, albeit with occasional “preventative” chemo or other meds to keep it from coming back.  Before I moved away, I put together a 3-wheel bike/trike for her to ride at the park with her little pup in the basket.  She’s still doing fine.

You need to discuss all targeted cancer treatment options with your doctors.  Go to a clinic that is known for their cancer teams even if they’re out of state.  Don’t just settle for general chemo therapy if that’s all your local oncologist is recommending.  Eat healthy in the meantime (lots of olive oil, superfoods, lots of vitamin C rich foods, etc).  Remember, the body’s immune system has everything it needs to fight cancer cells, assuming you aren’t immunocompromised.  Are you vaxx’ed?  If so, I hate to break it to you, but there is a LOT of evidence out there that these God damn vaccines are causing cancer to come back in those who were in remission.  I have a family member who got cancer many years ago, and it was most likely caused by the HPV vaccine she took.  However, when she went to the Cleveland Clinic for a routine checkup, her oncologist told her NOT to get vaccinated for C19 due to an overwhelming majority of his patients in remission that were having their cancers coming back after being vaxx’ed.  Get a 2nd opinion if your current doc keeps sending you back for more boosters.  They are fucking up your natural immunity and your body’s natural ability to fight cancer.

You can beat this.  It will take strength, courage, and perseverance, but you can do this, Bo!

Link Posted: 9/20/2023 12:53:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Innawoods_larper:
I work in the healthcare field and see this situation happening to too many people recently. Did you take the covid shots OP? Some people are saying it can cause cancer remission or just new cancer.
View Quote

Missed this before I posted.  Bingo.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 12:57:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: creecher] [#50]
I recommended a friend read the joe tippins story when they told him they'd done all they could do for him.
He never told his doc that he was following Joe's protocol, nevertheless his doc's mind was blown after a few months when he informed my friend he was cancer free.  Check it out.
mycancerstory.rocks
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top