Link Posted: 8/29/2012 4:23:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By gonzo_beyondo:

Originally Posted By LilTate:
Gonzo, Rusty,
Thx for the info.  

Where do I order the Vivi Nova 2.5's?
How many should I order.

Is 50/50 the best ratio?  whats the difference when you change the ratios?

"or adjust the pg/vg ratio next order"

PG is thinner, VG is thicker.

VG makes more vapor than PG, but PG wicks better, so it's a compromise.
I get my juice from elitevaporworks so I use whatever it is they sell, I don't even pay attention.
Got a sample awhile back and I've been hooked on it since. Strawnana and Joosy Fruit. mmm, good.

I'll leave the Vivi Nova stuff to Husky, I haven't used one.

Umm your take on PG/VG for vapor is different. From what I read most say PG is more vapor. I will have to research it again on ECF. I noticed PG gives me more vapor.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 4:26:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By Husky79:

higher PG ratio you get more flavor, vapor, and throat hit. VG is the opposite, reason some buy 100% VG is that PG gives them headache or chest tensions. None here for me.

Some people have reactions to VG. It seems rare.

Throat hit, IMO comes from nicotine strength more than anything. 24mg or more for me.

I get no throat hit from 18mg or less. Tried variations of pg/vg with no luck.

Thickness of vapor is more VG than PG. That's why people like the VG added. For "smoke".

I don't know which carries flavor better.

At least, that's my take on it.

Link Posted: 8/29/2012 4:27:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Umm your take on PG/VG for vapor is different. From what I read most say PG is more vapor. I will have to research it again on ECF. I noticed PG gives me more vapor.

Could be that it's just wicking better. I dunno, I agree with ya on researching it, been about 3yrs since I looked at these issues.

Link Posted: 8/29/2012 4:31:30 AM EDT
[#4]

higher PG ratio you get more flavor, vapor, and throat hit. VG is the opposite, reason some buy 100% VG is that PG gives them headache or chest tensions. None here for me.

Throat hit, IMO comes from nicotine strength more than anything. 24mg or more for me.

Thickness of vapor is more VG than PG. That's why people like the VG added. For "smoke".

Um I don't remember seeing more throat hit with higher nic level, I will have to try that, i stick with 12mg lately. Plus more volts on my Provari gives stronger throat hits too, but downside to that is if I go too high, the flavor decreases.

Will have to take a look in the PG/VG ratio on the vapor and what gives throat hit over on ECF and post back tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 4:35:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: johnny_dot_exe] [#5]
PG = more throat hit with less body to the vapor.  VG = less throat hit with more body to the vapor.  VG is thicker than PG, so it doesn't wick as well and can clog up a cart/atty especially if the liquid is dark.
Nicotine does add to throat hit which is why 0-nic users will sometimes add a tiny bit of grain alcohol(everclear) to their batches to get that throat hit back.

I've heard more stories of people reacting badly to PG than VG, but it's still not a common occurrence and nothing you should worry about.  If you do run a PG-heavy ratio and it's too harsh or you feel like it's tightening up your airways just switch to a more VG-heavy ratio.

I'm pretty sure it's VG that carries the flavor better but don't quote me on that.

I generally vape clear 18mg liquid(mainly spearmint from FSUSA) and I get it in 70/30 or 80/20.  After having this as my main liquid for so long the flavor isn't as great as it used to be but I can always add extra flavoring on my order if the need ever arises.  Throat hit is fine but that's a mix of the PG-heavy ratio and vaping on a 1.5ohm atomizer.

Link Posted: 8/29/2012 4:42:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: johnny_dot_exe] [#6]
For those of you that have never tried e-cigs before but want to get in to them I do not recommend you try any of the higher dollar mods we've been talking about simply because that's a pretty big investment for something you may not like.  Either go with the madvapes 14500 or 18650 tube mods or the eGo gear in my first post on page one.  They'll all perform the same task for the most part, the only real differences will be battery life and price.

Link Posted: 8/29/2012 4:56:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I've found that there's nothing on the market that's exactly what I want as far as form factors go, so I'm saving up to build my own.  If you're into that kind of thing, have some confidence in your craftsmanship, and can solder, I think it's the cheapest way to get a great box mod.  The case can be as big or small as you want (so long as it can fit all the components) and the components are all readily available.  I am particularly interested in the Evolv DNA12.  It's a power regulated, micro-controller operated all in one board.  The only other components you need are a pot, a switch (the actual switching on the unit is transistor based so you can use a cheap low power switch) a battery, and the atomizer connection.

As far as tanks/cartomizers/atomizers go, I'm always trying new things.  Just this week I picked up a few of the Sapphire cartomizers from GotVapes.  It's kind of a hybrid between a traditional cartomizer and a tank.  I love these things, and put it's performance right up there with dripping but with all the convenience of a 1.5ml carto/tank.  It's a bottom coil system, so the vapor is on the cool side, but they put out tons of it (even with my current wimpy 510 setup) and the flavor is clean and true.  The draw is tighter than anything I've used before, but once I got used to it, it doesn't bother me at all.  Historically I've used mostly CE2 based cartos, and I liked them, but the Sapphire blows it out of the water.  It's easy to disassemble for cleaning, and totally leak free (just tip the connector end up when you fully seat the fill plug so you don't squeeze any juice out through the atomizer).  It's the only carto I've used that I can throw in a pocket and KNOW that none of the juice will escape.  It's also the only carto I've used that has NOT put a single drop of juice into my mouth (in non vaporous form, that is).

For juice, I mix my own.  I get the nicotine base and flavorings from OneStopDIYShop and the propylene glycol from Tractor Supply by the gallon (about 4-5 years worth once mixed).
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I think it's awesome that there are people in here showing off mods like the Provari with the Vivi Nova.  It wasn't that long ago that we had a huge beginner thread here.  Well done guys.  

OP, your setup will work great.  I've never handled a Bolt, but I've heard good things.  Enjoy it, it can save your life.

Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#9]
i have been vaping since dec and started out with a "mistic" kit from walmart. i picked up the minthol kit and had my last analog xmas eve. i jumped from the mistic kit to a KGO kit which i was very happy with for a long time. i still use one of the KGO batteries. a few weeks ago i picked up a eGO twist which is a VV that is based off the EGO/KGO battery but is a little longer. it runs from 3.2v up to 4.8v and i am very happy with it set between 4 and 4.2v using 2ohm boge cartos. i also picked up a few of the smoktec EGO tanks which are 2.5ml tanks designed for the EGO.KGO style batteries. the tanks are great because i can fill them in the morning and they last me all day long as does the twist. the twist uses the same charger as the KGO so i only had to buy the battery. if you are considering VV i suggest you grab one of the twist to try it, plus its a little more pocket friendly than a 18650 mod. search the ecig dealers for the best price on the twist and the tanks, IF you want to try a tank. the battery can be found between $20 and 30 and the tanks are between $10-15 depending on where you find them. the tanks use a smoktec carto but you can use standard boge cartos but you will have to either punch them or slot them yourself. i suggest a slot since you can use a rotary tool to cut them because the small hole from a punch makes it hard for some thicker juice to flow.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#10]
E-Go C. Totally Wicked is having a 25% off sale until the 30th. The new kits come with the adjustable voltage battery. The atomizers are easy to clean (syringe and a bit of rubber tubing with some hot water) and last forever, and you don't end up with the burnt wicking flavor because they use a tank of juice instead of the fluff style cartidge.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By AKMfreak:
I've been happy w/ e-Go C Type A. 1000mAh batteries.

https://www.cignot.com/product_p/kit-egc-all.htm

2400mAh 18650 FTW.

And less than $10 each to replace or stock and rotate.

The fuck-in-the-ass with the eGo or any other proprietary setup is paying 5x what a battery should cost.

I got an eGo battery on sale for $8 a few weeks back, and have never paid more than $15.  The small ones last me 12 hours or so, the big ones a day and then some.  Even if the 18650's cost half of what the eGo batteries cost, you still have to buy the Provari or whatever runs 'em.  I'm not up on the prices for the high end stuff, but I glanced at a Provari today that was over $150.  My first set of eGo batteries has lasted a year and show no sign of failing.  

I understand wanting a nicer device, or one with options the others don't have, but I'm not seeing the financial benefit to the expensive setups.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#12]

I've started mixing my own. I use an Ego-C (and actually get a day and a half out of a battery-vaping pretty much all day). I mix at about 70/30 pg/vg . Base is 50/50, I dilute with PG. 100mg base-3.5ml/base, 4.5ml/PG, 2ml/flavoring, and I've been really liking TW's Gold Label concentrates. That mix puts me at about 36mg/ml of nicotine and the mix carries the flavor really well-nice throat hit, tons of vapor and it wicks really well but it's thick enough that it doesn't overfeed and leak. Freedom Smokes has 120 ML of 100mg base for 24 bucks, and since I only mix in 10ml batches, if I absolutely hate a flavor, it's not a major issue.

Just make sure you wear gloves and keep track of what you've put in what bottle when you're mixing with high strength bases. That's more than enough nicotine to ruin your whole day if you tried it at full strength.
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#13]
After doing a bit of reading, I'm seeing 2 sides, one says more PG gives more throat hits, less vapor, VG gives more vapor, less TH. Source

But here from ECF discussion, some say nicotine will make more TH, some say PG does.

From my reading on various discussions, it appears that it is a mixed result due to type of atty, voltage, amount of PG/VG, amount of nicotine, and juice vendor. Also vapor production, more VG produces more vapor. I do have 100% PG liquid and it still does produce great vapor.. I mixed 2/3 100%VG with 1/3 100% PG in a 3.0ml tank today, 33/66 mix (if i am correct on the math), I like that mixture, vapor production is better, but TH is still the same, a little weaker. all my juices are 12mg of nicotine.

I decided to order a 10ml of 70/30 with 24mg nicotine today to experiment on TH. So I will see how that turns out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#14]
why don't you just quit?

stopped smoking 30 years ago after 14 years, best thing I ever did.
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone ever used a Bombshell + caromizer tank mod from Hotvapes?
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By BBoyd:

why don't you just quit?

stopped smoking 30 years ago after 14 years, best thing I ever did.

Some people either can't or want to quit smoking but not the nicotine.  For either scenario there's the e-cig.  The upfront cost can be a bit much but the monthly cost is a fraction of what it costs to smoke, it's healthier, it's better smelling, there's no second-hand smoke or any smoke at all, etc.

With an e-cig they can also adjust their nicotine level up, or down.  You can even do 0mg nic if you just like using the vaporizer for the taste or feeling.

I'm turning 27 in a few days and I've been a pack a day smoker since I was 15.  I tried over and over to quit...cold turkey, gum, patches, etc...and nothing worked.  I kept smoking with that stuff or fell back in to smoking.  The day my first e-cig kit arrived at my doorstep I completely stopped smoking.  I was one of the lucky ones.  Sometimes it takes time to make that happen and often they'll find themselves smoking a few analogs(normal cigs) while vaping until they get the perfect setup or perfect liquid.

Link Posted: 8/31/2012 12:43:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By 0100010:

Anyone ever used a Bombshell + caromizer tank mod from Hotvapes?

Expensive as fuck, that place.

I use the "Dual coil tanks" they sell for $18.00

I buy them for $10 or less from Madvapes on sale, or Gotvapes, or CrystalClearVaping.

Currently I think Gotvapes is the cheapest, but I don't know what their shipping rates are. CCV is free.

Those are the only vendors I ever really deal with, well plus EliteVaporWorks for juice.

In terms of shipping costs, product pricing and quality, and customer service, I have no need to go elsewhere.

Lot of other vendors mentioned by others above, that I can't vouch for, but they can.

I've heard of all those listed, at least. Never heard of Hotvapes before.

Link Posted: 8/31/2012 12:50:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gonzo_beyondo] [#18]

Originally Posted By johnny_dot_exe:

I tried over and over to quit...cold turkey, gum, patches, etc...and nothing worked.  I kept smoking with that stuff or fell back in to smoking.  The day my first e-cig kit arrived at my doorstep I completely stopped smoking.  I was one of the lucky ones.  Sometimes it takes time to make that happen and often they'll find themselves smoking a few analogs(normal cigs) while vaping until they get the perfect setup or perfect liquid.

I stocked up on cartons of cigs right before S-CHIP went into effect. Couple months worth.

About a week later I picked up my first e-cig and used it for a day.

Smoking through those cartons sucked. Honestly sucked, I didn't want to, but fuck wasting money.

Anyways, a while later I quit e-cigs too, and was nicotine free for awhile.

Then I ended up trying hookah and liked the shit outta that.

Then just decided I like nicotine, period.

I smoke a few RYOs on occasion... but after I quit cigs I painted my place.

Now I don't want to smoke inside. So it's either hookah or e-cig.

I keep it in moderation and walk away every now and then.

Besides, I gave up alcohol, soda, junk food... fuck if I'm not going to keep one goddamn vice.

eta: Most of all, I'm away from the additives of commercial cigarettes, and excessive taxation.

Those are really the big things that matter to me.

Link Posted: 8/31/2012 1:02:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm kinda surprised so many people are still using tube mods and tanks, I have a couple of them in the drawer but all I use anymore is my V-mod bottomfeeder.

Link Posted: 8/31/2012 1:50:27 AM EDT
[#20]
got my juice on my doorstep today.  Gear shows up tomorrow.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2012 2:12:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By K2QB3:

I'm kinda surprised so many people are still using tube mods and tanks, I have a couple of them in the drawer but all I use anymore is my V-mod bottomfeeder.

Dunno... I don't have these problems.

Link Posted: 8/31/2012 2:31:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: johnny_dot_exe] [#22]

I'm kinda surprised so many people are still using tube mods and tanks, I
have a couple of them in the drawer but all I use anymore is my V-mod
bottomfeeder.

Taste is subjective.  Not everyone like bottom-feeders.  There's people out there that swear by cartos, or dripping, or whatever else I've tried and either disliked or downright hated.  I, however, absolutely love my Reo.
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:

got my juice on my doorstep today.  Gear shows up tomorrow.    

FYI when you order from madvapes you get rewards points.  I think it's 1 point per dollar and I'm pretty sure it's rounded up, i.e; spend 60 cents and get a point, spend $1.50 and get two points, etc.  You can then exchange points for giftcards of varying amounts that you can spend there(also covers shipping if you have enough on the card).  Since I build boxmods/tubemods and sell e-cig startup kits locally I earn a decent amount of reward points so it usually doesn't cost me anything at all to get batteries, atties, cartos, etc when I need them.

ETA:  For whoever requested a pic of my reo here it is.

This is an older photo with a 2.0ohm 510 atty installed before I discovered the greatness that is the 1.5ohm cisco/306.

And just for the hell of it, here's a few more pics.

Altsmoke Omega w/ MAP tank-

Blue 3.7v boxmod w/ clearomizer-

5v boxmod w/ clearomizer-

Madvapes Blue Lightning w/ Ultrafire 14500s-

3.7v boxmod w/ 1.5ohm 306 atty and 5v boxmod w/ 2.5ohm 510 atty-

Another 5v boxmod and 3.7v boxmod w/ random stuff-

Part of my startup purchase that got me to quit smoking.  This is an eGo 650mAH manual-switch w/ 2.0ohm 306 atty for dripping-

I currently own the Reo, a copper-tube 18650 mod built by the same company that does The Chuck(the button on this thing is shit), a Madvapes Gold Rush(finicky ground strap), and a few different 3.7v/5v boxmods.  I have most of my friends and family on 3.7v boxmods with Boge cartos, mother and gf are set up on 3.7v boxmods with those Madvapes carto tanks, and father is set up with a Reo Grande and 1.5ohm cisco atty.  I'm pretty much done buying/selling/trading my own stash because I'm quite content with my Reo and the other mods are just spares I like to keep on hand.  My only complaint is the 14500 battery but I've borrowed my father's Grande for a day or two and hated how big they are.

Link Posted: 8/31/2012 2:37:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Has anyone tried a Kick yet?

I've been thinking about it.

Link Posted: 8/31/2012 1:10:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xdoctor] [#24]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pti8Z4bn9H8

I do not like that guy.  I've met him in person several times and his opinion of himself is more than a little out of proportion.  
The kick is pretty neat.  Evolv is all about measuring things in watts.  It will turn most any mod into a variable device, and it does a decent job of that.  But the maximum on it is 10 watts.  In a 3.7v device, if you use a 1.5 ohm atomizer, you're getting 9.12 native watts without a kick.
Now, the batteries we use run a little higher than the stated 3.7v.  An AW IMR (the best batteries we can get for these) will charge up to 4.2 and usually run at about 4.0 under load for the first half of the battery charge, then it settles down to 3.7 for the second half.  At 4.0v and 1.5ohms, you're getting 10.66 watts.  That's with a fresh battery.  
So when we're regulated by the kick, first off we've sacrificed some mah because you have to use a smaller battery with it, so the life of it won't be as good.  For the first half of the battery you're not getting all the power out of it you would be without it and for the second half you're getting very slightly more than you would be, if it's set at maximum.  
My sweet spot for vaping is right around 11 watts.  10 is ok, 12 is a little harsh, but 10.2 - 10.8 is perfect for me.  I find no use for the kick whatsoever.   If you like less than 10 watts, it will work beautifully.  I just personally like my vapor like I like my women, warm and slightly thick, and I get that without a kick.

Link Posted: 8/31/2012 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#25]

decided to get back into the e cig.  Finally got the wife on board to quit smoking so this time it should be successful.    I hated the little 510 kits and wanted a tank system and some kind of mod that would give me top performance all day. I don't want my batteries to run weak or the liquid to run dry.  

It appears that this is standard equipment now so anyone want to help me out on picking a setup?  Im not sure what works the best with so much out there.

Looking to spend  maybe 100-150 max on each kit.  

Whatever you get, make sure it's an 18650
These batteries last a full day, I love em.

I'd suggest The Bolt. Check Madvapes.com or CrystalClearVaping
You have to make sure you get the extension ring for it.

Puresmoker.com has a nice couple mods to consider as well.

Actually, there are so many out there... just depends on your wallet.
The Silver Bullet is very popular, but the bolt is less than half the price.

Don't buy a Lavatube or any renamed version, problematic.
If you want variable voltage probably best to go with a Provari.

I'm happy with my Bolt and tanks.

This. I went with the E-power mod with 18650 batteries and simply LOVE it. Got it from www.hoosierecig.com and use these honking cartomizers. They last for days without topping up and produce big vapor.
Link Posted: 8/31/2012 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#26]
You guys might also have a look at the ShortStop.  It's a new type of safety addon for big battery mods.  It's basically a circuit breaker.  If you get a short in your atomizer, instead of collapsing the spring or venting the battery, it opens to break the circuit.  They're inexpensive considering the amount of money invested in these things, and reusable.  I use one all the time with my rebuildable atomizers in case I screw it up, I don't hurt anything.  

http://www.mister-e-liquid.com/apv-and-mod-safety/

They don't take up any space, you don't need a smaller battery, the spring takes up the extra.  Here's a pic of mine in my Reo Grand.  It's the little disc sitting on top of the battery.

And since this thread doesn't have enough pics, here's the two mods I'm using today.  On the Left is a Helix with a BFT and a 'War' drip tip.  On the right is the Reo Grand with a Chalice II rebuildable atomizer.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2012 9:17:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gonzo_beyondo] [#27]

Originally Posted By xdoctor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pti8Z4bn9H8

I do not like that guy.  I've met him in person several times and his opinion of himself is more than a little out of proportion.  

I know what you mean about Grimm, but his vids are good and he reviews a lot of shit.

Part of his ego, if that's even the right word, may be some kind of overcompensation.

He has severe facial eczema that he's extremely self-conscious about.
But anyway...
The kick is pretty neat.  Evolv is all about measuring things in watts.
It will turn most any mod into a variable device, and it does a decent
job of that.  But the maximum on it is 10 watts.  In a 3.7v device, if
you use a 1.5 ohm atomizer, you're getting 9.12 native watts without a
kick.

I was pondering that... I started back with 2ohm boge cartos and found that I liked 1.5ohm or even 1.25ohm, better.

Wondering whether I'd be happier with kick'd higher resistance, or that along with say 5v or 6v.

(eta2: fwiw, I think the kick and a 5v from madvapes oughta fit in the Bolt w/18650 ring)

You know how it is, the desire to take it to the next level. Doesn't seem worth bothering for 3.7v though.
Single or dual coil doesn't seem to matter to me vapewise, but the kick not liking DCs is a negative.

I go through a lot of the Smoktech 1 and 3 hole DC tank cartos at 1.25 or 1.5ohm, as sale prices dictate.
eta: I like your mods, btw. That War tip is sweet, but I found I don't care for wide tips.

Maybe one like that could get me to learn to like them

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#28]
3 packages arrived today! I felt like a little boy walking in a candy store!

stuff I got was, strawberry, raspberry, vanilla classic, non flavored, menthol arctic, and my favorite liquid, pomegrante in different nic levels. I also got free sampler that freedomsmokeusa threw in, which is 3ml Blackjack Gum (not sure how that will turn out!  ) 3ml just peachy, I do have a different peach from them that I purchased a while back, its pretty sweeett, didnt like it. Will have to try this one and see how it turns out later. Plus 3 vivi nova 2.5 tanks, 2 drip tips, 5  2.4ohm heads.

I was exicted to try the different flavors, so far I have tried the strawberry, ME LIKE! :) Raspberry, something is not right with it, tried different voltages, seems low 3.7 works well, I think i need to try 2.8ohm head with that one and see how it turns out, same thing with the vanilla.

Tried out pomegrante with 24mg nic, I noticed quite a bit difference in throat hit as my normal is 12mg.

Boy I sure got nicotine high from trying them all within 10 minutes lol

Menthol Arctic isn't for me its for my mom, going over there in a bit to give it to her, then see how I like it.

I see some nice MODS posted here, I plan to try some box and tube mods someday in the future.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Nice Provari.  That and the Darwin are pretty sweet but they're just too expensive for my taste.  My Reo mini is enough for me and when I'm away from home I just bring my Thagbuilt 18650 copper tube mod + madvapes carto tank.  1.5ohm atties and 1.5ohm dual coil cartos are right where I need my vape to be so no VV or other adjustments necessary.
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Tried out pomegrante with 24mg nic, I noticed quite a bit difference in throat hit as my normal is 12mg.

I see some nice MODS posted here, I plan to try some box and tube mods someday in the future.

See! Nicotine content has been the single biggest factor in throat hit for me.

Every now and then I pick up some 32mg juice, but mainly stick with 24mg.

I've noticed that higher than 24mg can sometimes be harsh,

in the sense that it tickles and can cause a dry throat. This seems to depend on the flavor.

Elitevaporworks Joosy Fruit is good at 32mg, while I don't care for their watermelon at 32mg.

As to box and tube mods, dude unless something really unique comes along,

considering you've already gone balls deep with the Provari, I don't see the sense in it.

Other than for the sake of more new toys... and there's certainly nothing wrong with that.

So how do you like the Provari overall? Do you feel it's a dramatic difference? Price justified for you?

Link Posted: 9/5/2012 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#31]

considering you've already gone balls deep with the Provari, I don't see the sense in it.

Other than for the sake of more new toys... and there's certainly nothing wrong with that.

x2.  The provari does everything a boxmod or tubemod does and more.  Apart from turning this in to a hobby like most of us have done, or finding a mod you find cool enough to get, you won't really see any benefits with anything except stuff like top feeders, bottom feeders, etc.

Link Posted: 9/5/2012 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Just ordered a Torpedo Mini. Now I'm anxiously awaiting delivery.

Fucking arfcom.
Link Posted: 9/6/2012 1:29:26 AM EDT
[#33]

See! Nicotine content has been the single biggest factor in throat hit for me.
Every now and then I pick up some 32mg juice, but mainly stick with 24mg.

I've noticed that higher than 24mg can sometimes be harsh,
in the sense that it tickles and can cause a dry throat. This seems to depend on the flavor.
Elitevaporworks Joosy Fruit is good at 32mg, while I don't care for their watermelon at 32mg.

So how do you like the Provari overall? Do you feel it's a dramatic difference? Price justified for you?

Yeah i was wrong on the nic vs pg thing for th

Defintely want to just try some mods in the future just cause... plus I'm curious too and more toys is better than few!

Provari did make a big difference in my vaping experience, helped me totally stop smoking for good. I had a event last friday where I was on my last drop of liquid, there was barely 1ml in my tank. Before going out to meet some friends to shoot, i checked my tracking for the juices, it was still in Pensacola!! SO from that point I knew it will not arrive Saturday and would have to wait until Tuesday due to labor weekend. I saw my friend light a cig up, I thought for a moment and decided why not just one cig that way I can save my juice to hopefully it will last me at least until sat and use my very old juices until tuesday. I bummed a cig, light it up, my friends laughed at me so hard due to the face i made when i took the first drag! That tasted so horrible and the smell!!!! after that I never want another one! fking nasty!

I even tried one of my ego battery on monday, barely could get a good draw or any th at all. I just could not believe all those time I did not believe provari would be my sollution until i got it. I make sure it is with me everywhere I go! To be honest it has now made me vape less too. I notice my juice is lasting longer right now. Could be that its the 24mg, getting a lot in at once, makes me not think about it too much i guess. Which is good and saves money for more gun goodies!

Link Posted: 9/6/2012 1:29:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Gravity_Tester:

Fucking arfcom.

We're gladly here to help you burn more money!
Link Posted: 9/6/2012 2:04:14 AM EDT
[#35]

I even tried one of my ego battery on monday, barely could get a good draw or any th at all. I just could not believe all those time I did not believe provari would be my sollution until i got it. I make sure it is with me everywhere I go! To be honest it has now made me vape less too. I notice my juice is lasting longer right now. Could be that its the 24mg, getting a lot in at once, makes me not think about it too much i guess. Which is good and saves money for more gun goodies!

Glad you're happy with it

Yes, on the 24mg, it's more satisfying.

18mg doesn't do it for me, I vape the shit out of it.

24mg is about just right.

32mg I find that I don't vape as much. I sort of forget about it also.

Link Posted: 9/6/2012 2:05:32 AM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By Gravity_Tester:

Fucking arfcom.

A mini Lavatube. I hope you have luck with it.

Link Posted: 9/6/2012 2:43:58 AM EDT
[#37]

Glad you're happy with it

Yes, on the 24mg, it's more satisfying.

18mg doesn't do it for me, I vape the shit out of it.

24mg is about just right.

32mg I find that I don't vape as much. I sort of forget about it also.

I started on 24mg but started having trouble sleeping and I couldn't stop vaping several hours before bed to get all that nicotine out of my system so I dropped down to 18mg and have been on that for over a year.  I'm now bouncing back and forth between 16mg and 24mg.

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 4:00:15 AM EDT
[#38]
HAVEN'T SMOKED SINCE i GOT THIS THING.  Very happy with the setup. Still on the first cartomizer and the battery lasts a couple days (keep a few charged)  The 5 ml tank lasts for about 5 days.  

This thing hits just like I thought it would.  Worth the money spent.   No more hassle.  Just smoke it and make sure to charge batteries on saturdays and fill the tank when it runs low.

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 4:03:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Nice.

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 4:23:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By CATARGADELENDAEST:
Not in.

Smoke, or don't smoke.

Just stop being so modernly gay about it.

This, just dobn't smoke do it anymore. Yes it is that easy. Yes I simply quit doing it.

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 4:41:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Check out Johnson Creek Smoke Juice for liquid.

The Red Oak line is TASTY!

Island and Tundra are my go to flavors.

I'm currently using a 510 model from e-smokey-treats just to fill in while I research all the options. I want something refillable, thin, and reliable.

The provari looks too bulky to be pocketed....

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 4:51:32 AM EDT
[#42]

HAVEN'T SMOKED SINCE i GOT THIS THING.  Very happy with the setup. Still on the first cartomizer and the battery lasts a couple days (keep a few charged)  The 5 ml tank lasts for about 5 days.  

This thing hits just like I thought it would.  Worth the money spent.   No more hassle.  Just smoke it and make sure to charge batteries on saturdays and fill the tank when it runs low.

How's your wife doin' with hers?

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 5:32:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 68injunhed] [#43]
ln the 3 months since I switched from dipping to vaping, I've gone from the cheap gas station model, to the slim 510 cig style,  a KGO, and now to a VV mod with Vivi Nova heads, including rebuilding the heads with new wicks and coils. I have also started making my own juice, but that is a whole other subject.

The point is, get whatever keeps you from real cigs, and you'll find out what you like pretty fast. If you're like most people, you'll end up with a pile of stuff you don't use anymore as well, but you will be done with tobacco.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 6:01:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gonzo_beyondo] [#44]

Originally Posted By 68injunhed:

ln the 3 months since I switched from dipping to vaping, I've gone from the cheap gas station model, to the slim 510 cig style,  a KGO, and now to a VV mod with Vivi Nova heads, including rebuilding the heads with new wicks and coils. I have also started making my own juice, but that is a whole other subject.

The point is, get whatever keeps you from real cigs, and you'll find out what you like pretty fast. If you're like most people, you'll end up with a pile of stuff you don't use anymore as well, but you will be done with tobacco.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I think if more people jumped into it properly, a lot of that could be avoided.

This is why I suggest Bolts, they're a good mod at a E/KGO kit price.

So even if you progress from DCT tanks to Vivi Novas, or move from the Bolt to a VV mod...

It's still some money not wasted. You know at that point whether or not vaping is going to work for you.

I don't expect anyone to go all in with a Provari to begin with, not knowing if they'll even like vaping.

Starting off with a mod of some sort won't break the bank, and IMO it gets them started off right.

Pretty sure if I would have started with a gas station kit, I would have ended with it, that day.

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#45]

Congratulations!  Have your senses of smell and taste come back yet?  That was the best part for me.

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By xdoctor:

HAVEN'T SMOKED SINCE i GOT THIS THING. Very happy with the setup. Still on the first cartomizer and the battery lasts a couple days (keep a few charged) The 5 ml tank lasts for about 5 days.

This thing hits just like I thought it would. Worth the money spent. No more hassle. Just smoke it and make sure to charge batteries on saturdays and fill the tank when it runs low.

Congratulations! Have your senses of smell and taste come back yet? That was the best part for me.

kinda.  I work around stinky paint chemicals all day so my nose is a bit burned out.  My fucking car reeks like smokes though.  Gotta get a full detail done at some point.

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#47]

HAVEN'T SMOKED SINCE i GOT THIS THING. Very happy with the setup. Still on the first cartomizer and the battery lasts a couple days (keep a few charged) The 5 ml tank lasts for about 5 days.

This thing hits just like I thought it would. Worth the money spent. No more hassle. Just smoke it and make sure to charge batteries on saturdays and fill the tank when it runs low.

How's your wife doin' with hers?

She has smoked a few times but she is working on it.  She forgets to bring it to work sometimes and breaks down and has a smoke.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I think I'm going all in with a provari and tank.

Somebody tell me who to give my money to, because I'm probably going to order everything right now. Provari, tank, fluid, etc.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#49]

Dunno... I don't have these problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXSyq_T9FPE

I don't either.

Seriously never had a leak or a single problem with either of mine, that must have been the old version before they perfected the design, 2.0/XL are legit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Subnet:
I think I'm going all in with a provari and tank.

Somebody tell me who to give my money to, because I'm probably going to order everything right now. Provari, tank, fluid, etc.

I got my Pro Vari tanks from http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=151 and the Torpedo from Totally Wicked, The only issue I had was that the little floating contact pin was too narrow and made it impossible to draw through the tank. Ten seconds with a pair of pliers to hold it still and a butter knife to widen the gap and now it works fine. The Pro Vari tank comes with 3 different resistance heads, so you can kind of find out what works best for you and then order replacements in that resistance. My only complaint is that compared to the Ego-C, the battery life is awful.
Page / 121
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top