User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:21:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgtlmj] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

that's the one.

got it for a strong price, below asking.

ETA: when I saw it's been to Rik, it was a no brainier.
View Quote
Watcha gonna do with your other MKII Sub?

ETA: Also there's a MKII Nassau on there for tradsies that's got my interest piqued. It only it weren't 14mm thick.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By sgtlmj:

ETA: Also there's a MKII Nassau on there for tradsies that's got my interest piqued. It only it weren't 14mm thick.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

that's the one.

It went to live with one of Terry’s buddies.

That’s my only draw on the Nassau / Kingston
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 12:15:16 AM EDT
[#3]

It went to live with one of Terry’s buddies.

That’s my only draw on the Nassau / Kingston
View Quote
Thick ass watches. The domed crystal on the Nassau/Kingston fucks up the dial for me
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 12:16:23 AM EDT
[#4]
This dude is on its way....

I can't not buy MKII milsubs and I've never seen one in this configuration.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164007/Screen_Shot_2018-12-29_at_4_46_45_PM_png-789205.JPG
View Quote
Let me know your thoughts on it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:33:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grondike] [#5]
that's the one.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grondike:
This dude is on its way....

I can't not buy MKII milsubs and I've never seen one in this configuration.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164007/Screen_Shot_2018-12-29_at_4_46_45_PM_png-789205.JPG
I think I saw that one pass by on Watch Recon. Bracelet, spring bars and no HRV, correct?
that's the one.

Good deal. That's probably a couple of bills worth of service and it's likely running better than most other MkIIs in the wild.

Do you still have the other Mil Sub? Should have read ahead before posting.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like this one next. Airboss Automatic. I don't have a Victorinox yet. What is the arfcom consensus on them?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:
I'd like this one next. Airboss Automatic. I don't have a Victorinox yet. What is the arfcom consensus on them?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158348/A054ABAF-AB46-48AB-B849-87A3019F4C62_jpeg-790327.JPG
View Quote
Curious as well, as I've been eyeing this one and the price just deopped again

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I have 2 Victorinox 600m divers, automatics. Both are COSC accurate, really well built, and were like $400 or less. I love them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RLunyATL:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/421675/0E510FC9-FE93-4964-8D8B-B5C796B58370_jpeg-790610.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/421675/0E510FC9-FE93-4964-8D8B-B5C796B58370_jpeg-790610.JPG
Nice. I found a deal on the one I want... itchy trigger finger here!

Originally Posted By CFII:
I have 2 Victorinox 600m divers, automatics. Both are COSC accurate, really well built, and were like $400 or less. I love them.

Cool. Thanks!

The Victorinox I want is unsung the ETA auto piece. I don’t know much about the ETA 2824-2, but I recognize the name at least.

I really like the simple pilots watch. This one it’s a bit of a modern look in comparison to my flieger reproduction/ style watches. But the black on black, simple illuminating hands and numbers, and a Swiss auto timepiece, makes it look attractive. Plus the red military inspired accents are really neat.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:12:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CFII] [#10]
Here is one of mine. The other has a brown face

fullsizeoutput_1345 by Austin Scott, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By djsmiles:
Just pulled the trigger on a Seiko SKX007J, and a Toxic NATO Shiznit Blackout strap.  Now the tumble down the rabbit hole begins.
View Quote
nice

just never - ever go to watchrecon.

I'm serious never go here
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#13]
nice

View All Quotes
Just pulled the trigger on a Seiko SKX007J, and a Toxic NATO Shiznit Blackout strap.  Now the tumble down the rabbit hole begins.
nice

How do you use that link and feel confident you are not getting screwed?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TT4life:

How do you use that link and feel confident you are not getting screwed?
View Quote
It's just a search engine of sites with watches for sale. You have to do your own due diligence and vet the seller before plunking down your PayPal.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 9:45:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CLICKBANGBANG] [#15]

View Quote
I found it without you.

Have a tab open with it since I found it. Waiting for one on my hit list to walk out within rifle range... Refresh... Refresh...

Edit- after finding TWO design flaws on the Victorinox Airboss all black, I'm passing on it. I won't be able to get over them, and know I'll look right at them every time I look at it. Which sucks, because I found a deal on it for half the price of new.

I'm actually looking at a field watch by Hamilton this time over my normal addiction with a pilot style watch.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:09:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#17]
You suck.
View All Quotes

nice

You suck.
There is an app for that! WatchRecon has an iOS app and app for the Droid weirdos too. It looks pretty good.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 12:27:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 12:34:17 AM EDT
[#19]

You know, it's bad enough I have been sucked in to WUS already.
View Quote
Use the refresh button seen under the battery charge display for the up to minute postings.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 1:15:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 7:31:06 AM EDT
[#21]
First it was guns.  Then cigars.  Next was photography. Now its watches.  Damn you arfcom.
View Quote
Yep. A gun hobby is relatively inexpensive compared to some of the alternatives.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#23]
First it was guns.  Then cigars.  Next was photography. Now its watches.  Damn you arfcom.
View Quote
This site is full of enablers.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#24]
www.watchpatrol.net is another good search engine. It hits some of the sites that WatchRecon doesn't, like Uhrforum. They both have apps that you can set up with notifications for your next conquest.

God speed.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I rebought one I  got years agoAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Found a discount code that got it down to $150, figure why not at that price

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 3:49:00 AM EDT
[#28]
I just got a new production Seiko Samurai a couple of days ago. I think I only have one patato pic right now so I’ll pass on posting it. I swapped out the bracelet already for my super oyster however the end links don’t match don’t care. I’ll get a good pic in the daylight tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:29:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Update from page one - I just got shipping notification.

Link Posted: 1/24/2019 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By grondike:

Update from page one - I just got shipping notification.

https://www.newmarkwatchcompany.com/wp-content/uploads/elementor/thumbs/Newmark6BBf-o0afkxrorddbp7tv2fer3di7sy7mp2yei52j5qv820.jpg
View Quote
need detailed review!
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#31]
The only one I’ve sold and highly regretted.

Been on the hunt and the price was right.

Omega 2231.50 (Ti)

Should be here Wednesday
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 8:07:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sheltot] [#32]

nice

View Quote
Or WatchPatrol. Don’t go here either.

Edit: Beat by the sergeant.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 11:22:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sgtlmj] [#33]
Re-issue of the 1969 Hack for my 50th B-day. Going to need a nice canvas strap for this one. Haveston? @Finslayer83

Link Posted: 2/4/2019 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Re-issue of the 1969 Hack for my 50th B-day. Going to need a nice canvas strap for this one. Haveston? @Finslayer83

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Zs8AAOSw-WFawmp~/s-l1600.jpg
View Quote
That is slick.

For canvas, whew I'm not the right guy, but I believe @unsub073 has some of their straps!

Haveston makes good stuff though.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 4:19:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: unsub073] [#35]
That is slick.

For canvas, whew I'm not the right guy, but I believe @unsub073 has some of their straps!

View All Quotes

That is slick.

@sgtlmj

I really dig their (Haveston) canvas straps.  They are extremely comfortable.  I actually have 4 of their colors and different sizes, and until Toxic sells a canvas one, I will always go back to them.  I have a 6 3/4 wrist size, and there is space to go smaller, and it would fit the gorilla wrists too.  The sliding keeper is really nice too.

Here are a couple of the ones I have:

The canvas will fray a little bit, but I take a lighter to it to melt it back down.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Pathfinder
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 12:07:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By unsub073:

@sgtlmj

I really dig their (Haveston) canvas straps.  They are extremely comfortable.  I actually have 4 of their colors and different sizes, and until Toxic sells a canvas one, I will always go back to them.  I have a 6 3/4 wrist size, and there is space to go smaller, and it would fit the gorilla wrists too.  The sliding keeper is really nice too.

Here are a couple of the ones I have:

https://i.imgur.com/5CIpQIU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NW92Muc.jpg

The canvas will fray a little bit, but I take a lighter to it to melt it back down.
View Quote
I've had a couple of their nylon straps, but wondered about the canvas. Hamilton makes a bracelet for this watch too, but it's $140. Doesn't seem like the kind of watch that should be on a bracelet though.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Nice to see another watch from Ball.  Here is mine.
(Engineer Master II Officer) One of two dress watches and manually wound.)

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrE19zJ.llcBlEAUQtXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0b21rMHZmBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjY4MjFfMQRzZWMDcGl2cw--?p=engineer+master+II+Officer&fr2=piv-web&fr=yfp-t#id=24&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwingwahwatch.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F03%2FYSC_7731.jpg&action=click
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 10:45:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tirod] [#39]

nice

View Quote
Psst. Hey buddy. Yeah. You looking for a watch? (Standing on street corner, opens coat to reveal display.)

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/wristwatches/dive/auctions

Left cold because it's your fault if you go there.

I only bid on two figure watches. It's a price curve/popularity thing, like, 90's Vettes on the used car market. You will never see them cheaper.
I'd mention what I'm looking for but there are already 33 bidders who needs the competition?

I ran across another with "disc sander" in the title but have yet to rediscover it. Some sites have stuff buried in the back pages you wouldn't believe.

"Behind the green door!"
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Well.....Looks like I'm going down the Seiko Mod rabbit hole again.

I have a couple of Turtles I never wear due to the shape just not working on my wrist.  So I'm yanking the movements and dropping in a SKX case with coin bezel, sapphire crystal, etc...

Doing some Yobokies dial and hand mods as well.  It's getting a Seiko Tuna dial and seconds hand as well as a unique hour/minute hand.

This dial and second hand

This hour and minute hand

And a lumed ceramic bezel insert from LCBI
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I am looking strongly at the Phoibos Sentinel in black with the vintage looking lume.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By DodgeDakota:
Well.....Looks like I'm going down the Seiko Mod rabbit hole again.

I have a couple of Turtles I never wear due to the shape just not working on my wrist.  So I'm yanking the movements and dropping in a SKX case with coin bezel, sapphire crystal, etc...

Doing some Yobokies dial and hand mods as well.  It's getting a Seiko Tuna dial and seconds hand as well as a unique hour/minute hand.

This dial and second hand
https://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t208/yobokies/Dial/IMG_0043.jpg

This hour and minute hand
https://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t208/yobokies/Hands/DSCN8062.jpg

And a lumed ceramic bezel insert from LCBI
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2229/3759/products/IMG0022skxlume_1024x1024.jpg?v=1528803520
View Quote
Are you doing the work yourself?  If so, how big a pain in the ass is it to do a case swap like that?
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 7:00:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DodgeDakota] [#44]

Are you doing the work yourself?  If so, how big a pain in the ass is it to do a case swap like that?
View Quote
Yeah, this’ll be my 3rd full mod (pretty much nothing is stock by the time I’m done).

Not bad at all.  This’ll be an easy drop in since Seiko uses the same movement holder/spacer between the turtle and SKX.

If you buy a rack grade Seiko 4r36 or 6r15, you have to swap the movement holder for the black diver movement holder and possibly swap the 3:00 day/date wheels for 4:00 wheels.  So that gets a little more involved.

Hardest part of this will be the dial/hand swap since I don’t have to screw with the movement holder and day/date wheels.  Should be simple in this case.  If I liked the dial and hands that were on it now, it’d literally just be removing the old crown, drop out the movement, drop the movement in the new case, and plug in the new crown.

Note:  you do need a new crown/stem for a 4r36 or 6r15 swap in a SKX.  There’s a few companies (I’m going with crystaltimes) that sell them.

Overall, tons of fun.  Definitely recommend to give Seiko modding a try if you’re interested, have a bit of mechanical sense, and enjoy delicate work.  But beware, it is a rabbit hole, just like ARs.  You’ll quickly turn a $200 watch into something that cost you $500, and you won’t be happy with a lot of stock watches anymore.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#45]
These two should be showing up soon from a Kickstarter I backed. The red one has a Miyota 9015 and the MOP has an ETA 2824-2. I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep the red one or not, just waiting to get hands on.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
Hamilton arrived and went right back in the box. They up-sized the case from the original 33-34mm and kept the same ratio on the lugs. The lugs look way too long and it sits weird on the wrist.

Happily, I got a DW5600 the same day, so I'll just hang out with it for a while.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By DodgeDakota:

Yeah, this’ll be my 3rd full mod (pretty much nothing is stock by the time I’m done).

Not bad at all.  This’ll be an easy drop in since Seiko uses the same movement holder/spacer between the turtle and SKX.

If you buy a rack grade Seiko 4r36 or 6r15, you have to swap the movement holder for the black diver movement holder and possibly swap the 3:00 day/date wheels for 4:00 wheels.  So that gets a little more involved.

Hardest part of this will be the dial/hand swap since I don’t have to screw with the movement holder and day/date wheels.  Should be simple in this case.  If I liked the dial and hands that were on it now, it’d literally just be removing the old crown, drop out the movement, drop the movement in the new case, and plug in the new crown.

Note:  you do need a new crown/stem for a 4r36 or 6r15 swap in a SKX.  There’s a few companies (I’m going with crystaltimes) that sell them.

Overall, tons of fun.  Definitely recommend to give Seiko modding a try if you’re interested, have a bit of mechanical sense, and enjoy delicate work.  But beware, it is a rabbit hole, just like ARs.  You’ll quickly turn a $200 watch into something that cost you $500, and you won’t be happy with a lot of stock watches anymore.
View Quote
Thanks for the information.  I have a seiko 5 (don't like the case anymore) sitting around collecting dust with the 4r36 movement that may need a case upgrade to get some wrist time finally.  I will have to go deeper down the rabbit hole on this one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#48]

Thanks for the information.  I have a seiko 5 (don't like the case anymore) sitting around collecting dust with the 4r36 movement that may need a case upgrade to get some wrist time finally.  I will have to go deeper down the rabbit hole on this one.
View Quote
You may have to swap the movement holder/spacer and put new date wheels on that one.

Have fun!
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#49]
These two should be showing up soon from a Kickstarter I backed. The red one has a Miyota 9015 and the MOP has an ETA 2824-2. I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep the red one or not, just waiting to get hands on.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/421675/AFF89662-05DF-44AE-8398-2C2112809668_jpeg-836265.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/421675/206F372D-82E5-420A-AA11-613CBB2A990E_jpeg-836266.JPG
View Quote
I really like the MOP version.  The red seems a bit much though, given the styling.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 4:37:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Elvis121] [#50]
The only one I’ve sold and highly regretted.

Been on the hunt and the price was right.

Omega 2231.50 (Ti)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164007/DB374FB5-7A47-475C-B1FD-41FCF666E22A-830598.jpg

Should be here Wednesday
View Quote
Nice, I'm looking for a GMT to keep the 2254.50 I bought off of you company.

Got a good price on this today, should be here next week.

Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top