Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 5:46:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Good info 👍
Got lift on trailer, also made some spacers to let me use the factory bronco wheels n tires on the trailer. Plan to make another set of spacers a little more narrow, about 3/16 shorter
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I also unbolted hard spare tire, and used stock bolt to screw a factory bronco tire as a spare, of course like real life the spare is smaller due to clearance with back bumper
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:34:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm gonna order a couple of these for the boy and I.  I've never been big into RC, but he's a bit on the spectrum and loves anything RC.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Dig the trailer mods and the brass wheels are very nice looking...might need a set of them myself!  They feel nice when holding them at the local shop.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:36:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Helsing76:
Dig the trailer mods and the brass wheels are very nice looking...might need a set of them myself!  They feel nice when holding them at the local shop.
View Quote

Thanks!!

These are 31 grams each, most others are 1/2 that...thats why I actually weighed them

I have another set of these wheels somewhere in/on the Atlantic

So I put the same rear spring links on mine, then installed the new taller tires on stock wheels....because???...slow boat from China bead locks well that didn't work due to the offset and how narrow the wheels are, tires rubbed on everything so I put stock tires back on.

and set them both on the corner of a box, BOTH have same "modified" suspension mods done, everything else is stock and the same.

Only difference is wheels and tires
Attachment Attached File

another shot to show the corners
Attachment Attached File

and the last shot, they look the same right?

Wrong the red one on stock rubber actually has all 4 tires on the ground, the blue one doesn't....look at front tire (I used a sheet of paper to check contact and the trucks were not moved during pictures)

So the red one has an advantage possibly....but not on stock tires
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Bump from archive area...played last weekend outside in SC, fun! So ugh, yeah....lost the videos
Tires are muddy and about an hour ago I fired up the old plotter.....and have a windshield banner
Attachment Attached File

Have been working on model adding layers of papermachi , need another sheet of foam now also.

So who here is really interested in these little guys

Well, we are

So in next few weeks....I will snailmail a small package and you will be the ZEN among friends....so who wants free parts

Just gotta revise it another time or 2
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I just picked up a Axial SCX24 for the wife to play with and ended up going back to get myself one,  I went with the 4ws buggy version.  I gotta admit they are pretty fun.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 8:04:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooligan223] [#7]
We have a couple SCX24 crawlers and have had a blast with them.  Awesome job on the indoor course.

Originally Posted By Dopple:
Hopefully later today I can start building my Tamiya racing fighter (dt03 chassis). Going to use an old mrc 75mhz am radio with it.  Last model rc I had was a tamiya falcon.
View Quote

My son and I both built that exact model a couple months ago. I'm working on an old tiller now so I till a small garden and clear a little patch of open space in the back corner of the yard for a smallish track.  I think once the track is done we'll get a couple short course trucks to add a little variety to our racing.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Really neat! I had some nice RC cars back in the '80s and early '90s. Sadly, we destroyed them doing demolition derby and moving target practice.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:47:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Hopefully in a few weeks, I can start finishing it working on it moar
It is nice to relieve tension and relax, just 15min makes a difference,  screwing around with a stock trailer yesterday evening
Attachment Attached File

Stuffed hard
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Hobby shop called, low gear sets came in 👍

Wife is grabbing them on way home
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#11]
My brother is addicted to the "indoor crawlers" mainly but crawlers in general peak his interest.  Mostly due to being able to create a course out of thin air.  

I will probably pick up a TRX-4M, as I have two TRX-4's but nothing small for a decent indoor course......so when he brings his 87 RC vehicles over I have one to match his smaller versions.  He had a mini-z 4-runner and it was really cool looking but think the TRX-4M will perform better.....I just hate included electronics.....not sure if they are standard size items, aka stuff that is on the market such as the small TRX-4 locker and transmission servos, you could possible replace or combo electronics or specialty items that include like the receiver and ECU in the same box.

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#13]
SO I installed low gears last night, wow what a difference for the better, for us indoors

stock pictures for ref.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Also you need 1.5mm and 1.27mm allen wrenches for this
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 10:03:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Helsing76] [#14]
I need to get those gear upgrades!  I have been all into my 10th scale crawlers and was getting together with friend's on mini B & T course he put together for the past few weeks.  We are doing a mini crawl at one of our desert spots this Saturday,  so I'll have some shots in the wild.  But I was able to install the Traxxas LED kit and an interior today and picked up a second battery & charger.

Running, brake, reverse and bright fronts.  Pretty cool.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Got light kits on order,,out for delivery. Went to SC again, gave my buddy a green defender for his birthday, they are buying 3 more today
1st carnage...
Broken front yoke...
Attachment Attached File

Need upgraded shafts now
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Hella cool
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 2:48:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Helsing76] [#17]
Originally Posted By bansil:
Got light kits on order,,out for delivery. Went to SC again, gave my buddy a green defender for his birthday, they are buying 3 more today
1st carnage...
Broken front yoke...
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/388306/20230327_071934_jpg-2760624.JPG

Need upgraded shafts now
View Quote

Ohhh, gnarly!  Man, I just came back to this thread to see if there were any updates before I headed to Duncan's RC in 10 minutes to get my Traxxas bearing kit and Traxxas low range gear set....I guess I know what to expect to replace next....

I am going to our Jomax spot after work today for some trial runs in the wild.  Should have a few pictures later.

Eta: Got pics and scuffs!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Was ok, lots of tire rub.  I even got 4 additional spring spacers to compress coils but it wasn't enough to fight that torque twist to the passenger side.  Hopefully with the gears and bearings it smoothes out.  Also picked up these shocks.  Be in tomorrow and I'll be doing a Losi mini rally spring mod on them...

Shock upgrade
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Pretty cool OP. I’ve been in RC for 30+ years and the trail trucks are near and dear to me for the last ten of those years. I tend to stick to the 1/10 scale but those smaller ones look promising to get into. My experience is mostly racing 1/10 and 1/8 scale electric and nitro back in the 80s and 90s. I am more into just building, modding and having fun with others, hence my love for trail trucks. Your setup is very cool.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 7:51:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#19]
Originally Posted By Helsing76:

Ohhh, gnarly!  Man, I just came back to this thread to see if there were any updates before I headed to Duncan's RC in 10 minutes to get my Traxxas bearing kit and Traxxas low range gear set....I guess I know what to expect to replace next....

I am going to our Jomax spot after work today for some trial runs in the wild.  Should have a few pictures later.

Eta: Got pics and scuffs!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20230327_173821_jpg-2761390.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20230327_173912_jpg-2761391.JPG

Was ok, lots of tire rub.  I even got 4 additional spring spacers to compress coils but it wasn't enough to fight that torque twist to the passenger side.  Hopefully with the gears and bearings it smoothes out.  Also picked up these shocks.  Be in tomorrow and I'll be doing a Losi mini rally spring mod on them...

Shock upgrade
View Quote

Very cool, link to mod?

Need to Order driveshafte from injura...maxxas is a month out, so wife picked up a set of stock plastic ones atleast I will have spares
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 2:55:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Helsing76] [#20]

Very cool, link to mod?

Need to Order driveshafte from injura...maxxas is a month out, so wife picked up a set of stock plastic ones atleast I will have spares
View Quote

I will get some pics from my buddy's rig tonight.  He sent me ebay link to them and I offered seller $5, each and they accepted.

Medium Losi Rally Springs Qty-4

And these:

Soft Losi Rally Springs - Qty-4

Also had the wife order me these machined diff & pinion gears today for $20:

Machined Metal Diff Gears

Going to our mini comp spot at Jomax again today for more testing after work so, I will see if I am modding in the right direction.  It sure feels like it, though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Very cool, link to mod?

View Quote
I have had these Injora driveshafts for a month or so.  No issues but I haven't had time to try them out much.  Also added the Injora suspension links and Traxxas steel Dif gears.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 3/31/2023 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#22]
So here is a pic of my buddy's setup he sent over of the coil mods.  I got all three sets from the same seller.  Went back for the Hard set.

Should be here today and the hard ones on Monday.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Getting some better and better results with each tweak.  Here's a run from yesterday's tune n run, too.  

When I got home, I took out foams in tires and swapped plastic diffs/pinions for the steel ones.  So far so good.  Doing mini comps tomorrow so we'll see for sure.  I have a 3d printed low profile rear bumper inbound so that should help, too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 1:02:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#23]
Very cool,wife is picking up a set of stock driveshats today $12 so I can relax this weekend wheeling

We don't run foam, it's so weird to have the bead locks touching the ground with tire totally folded over!

Those couple times bouncing the front is what broke my stock shafts awesome rock to play on
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 2:54:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Helsing76] [#24]
Nice!  My wife has been grabbing up the Amazon stuff I see/want, too.  Stuff has arrived next day, so far.

Every time I run mine and watch the hops, I think of that snapped driveshaft of yours

Here is a video (not the best but decent when viewed on large screen) one of my buddies shot with his drone of our other friend flying his plane around and the general layout of the rocks we frequent and the access from the road.  This is where most of my latest pics are coming from in my thread in Hobby Shop when I mention "Jomax".  I am sure you'll be able to see which truck is mine at the end

JoMax Crawl spot dron footage

We were on the rocks with our 10th scale rigs.  We usually start in the lower right of frame and hike the half the ridgeline and still not have a dead battery!

Link Posted: 3/31/2023 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#25]
ever time I see it happen it's like fuck.....4 hrs minimum extra time on trail...with full size rigs
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:15:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#26]
So I got my buddy, retired airforce a green defender for his 60 something birthday a couple weeks ago, they went and grabbed a few more, his wife has a black bronco now and they are hooked
Going to cut some stickers for them...
Attachment Attached File

I will say the defenders stock tires are definitely an upgrade from the broncos  BUT when you add 62mm tires with 31gr wheels...the field changes until you start breaking stock parts ,just like real life
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Waiting on parts from Injora

I am going to under the rear end 9% to help climbing and new motor is inbound

I reckon I will probably break the plastic low gear set in t-case...so SS gears on order

Just like a real truck
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#28]
I ordered my Injora stainless 40.3:1 low range gears April 9th and they just cleared import customs, Saturday.  Looking forward to that.  Probably going to upgrade the motor and/or pinon, too.

I also opted to go the FlubRC route and got my pinched, full rear cage Hilux body kit.  I also picked up his LCG shock towers, sliders and elec tray bundle.  So, in a couple more weeks that FlubRC stuff all ships and will be a whole different animal!

I feel like I might need another nice and new black bronco to start all over with, too!
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#29]
FWIW, my TRX4M Bronco now has the following:

Injora links and drive shafts
Injora "beadlock" wheels with Injora Brass rings
Injora "rock Crawler" tires.
Traxxas AL sterring link
Most of a Fast Eddy Bering kit.

Still have the low gear set to install....
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:01:22 AM EDT
[#30]
My injura links, purple motor and 9% underdrive for the rear showed up, haven't installed them a buddy and his wife came over, girls stayed inside...we played in the ditch
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

They need  a bath today
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Spent some time on the inside track, great stress reliever
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 8:06:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Applied some expandable foam and crumbled paper to this boring landscape
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I left the steel/concrete support bate right now
Attachment Attached File

This is where we are now
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Injora order came in so decided to weigh the parts

She wanted Silver and not gold links

so S.S. bent link kit
Attachment Attached File

Brass Bent link kit

Attachment Attached File

Started assembly
Attachment Attached File

All done about 15 minutes total

Attachment Attached File

Glad to see extra parts, injora is good about making sure you have hardware

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Stock plastic links
Attachment Attached File

Brass front links
Attachment Attached File

Front done
Attachment Attached File

Only BAD thing is the front "u-joint" ie the rubber o-ring is 100% vulnerable now, so I got S.S> ones coming
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 2:56:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#36]
Went wheelin with a buddy at lunch in drainage ditch

Mine did great, his did good. Mine is more modified of course....but his will follow suite in a similar way...he is cutting/grooving tires tonight
Attachment Attached File

Poser shot
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 5:06:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#37]
A couple moar friends have grabbed some,  found a local shop building a indoor course, should be fun.
I ground the bumpers down and smooth so they don't grab the tires. I then sanded down the fender flares so they slid smoothly in them now.
Scale wise I probably removed about 2 inches of flare ~.100

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 5:20:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#38]
I had the leftover stock Bumper lights since the space they occupied doesn't exist anymore.

Attachment Attached File

Im like FREE Rock lights no idea if they will be bright enough, I painted the tops of the glue with a red sharpie for interior Ambiance

So fired up hot glue gun and installed 1 pointing down at front crossmember, push it down flush so servo doesn't hit it.

Front is mounted front of crossmember flush with top so it doesn't hit the servo.
The rear is stuck down into factory wire clip and hot glue on top

The sucky failed light install.jpg was here

Okay that sucked.....this is better
Attachment Attached File

Mounted in the frame corner with the servo, make sure it doesn't hit. (also body clip clearance)

The rear in the frame rail corner, keep away from body clip. will post a picture tonight on the trial

ETA...edit/pic delete..... The 1st way sucked way bad...like the Kamel-Toe
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#39]
So front bumper trim
Attachment Attached File

Stock front bumper on bottom, modified on top

Attachment Attached File

Stock rear bumper on bottom, modified on top
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:13:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#40]

New Rock course/drainage ditch/cleaning rocks from tilled area...win/win [youtube]shorts/yASrCyCxZI0[/youtube]
[youtube]shorts/esKyYeU1bkA[/youtube]

No idea why video not working,sorry short shit
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Tinted windows this morning, plan to mow yard and then Head to town to try an indoor course
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 8:50:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Stopped by a small local indoor track, it was/is being built 1:24 but I fit on most of it
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Videos kinda suck, I just set my phone down on the course
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Did some work on the pier area, it was perfect for stock vehicles, hard and challenging....for Modified's it was hard until you made it the 1st time....so I am going to to add a 1/2 sunk barge for an obstacle
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Been working on the course some. Should be done for this winter

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 4:53:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#45]
Went SC for weekend and we had 5 trucks in backyard, killed another stock steering servo....just got home and this little guy was there

RampCrab servo and aluminum frame mount
Attachment Attached File

Not sure how to do shorts ??? On edit, get rid of "shorts"

broke servo, traxxas 18th scale
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 4:55:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#46]

Oops dbl tap
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#47]
i have been showing my wife images from this thread.     My wife started out looking at the images and she was impressed.   The "impressed"   has changed to are you going down a rabbit hole?   How many RC vehicles do you have?   I can see the next question coming already.  Do you really need a new RC vehicle?  She knows I am looking at a Traxxas 4x4.
I will probably be sleeping on the couch before the end of the week end.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:02:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Good luck

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 4:17:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Hope to have some friends over and get the course painted, going to find out if spray paint melts anything
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 4:32:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#50]
Moved course to another room of the old shop, hope to work on a water feature this weekend

EDIT...well those pics didn't work
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top