User Panel

Site Notices
Warhammer 40k Thread (Page 16 of 18)
Page / 18
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By crazytuco:

As a fellow married Warhammer (and pretty much every other nerdy geek game) player, I feel your pain.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Built my first gaming PC over the weekend.

I think this counts.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#3]

You are indeed a worthy follower of Khorne.  

Mental note, avoid 11boomboom during the apocalypse.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2023 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

You are indeed a worthy follower of Khorne.  

Mental note, avoid 11boomboom during the apocalypse.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Not sure I like the new book cover. Looks like Horus is popping the Emperor's head.

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm listening to "Tales of the Heresy" audiobook now and slowly working my way through the Hersey series (I've read two Primarch books so far as well).  

In my opinion, the Horus Hersey has to be the focus of the Netflix series. Yes, there are a ton of books in that series, but the narrative trajectory is actually pretty simple and could be told in six 12 episode seasons (not every book would make its way into it obviously, but the broader points could all be done).
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 7:51:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarkMustang] [#7]
I'm listening to "Tales of the Heresy" audiobook now and slowly working my way through the Hersey series (I've read two Primarch books so far as well).  

In my opinion, the Horus Hersey has to be the focus of the Netflix series. Yes, there are a ton of books in that series, but the narrative trajectory is actually pretty simple and could be told in six 12 episode seasons (not every book would make its way into it obviously, but the broader points could all be done).
View Quote

Not Netflix. It'd be so woke, it'd be retitled, the Whorus Heresy, where Whorus is grrrl powered and had to take out the emperor's patriarchy.

On topic, I'd love to see it in video format, if done correctly. Like Helsreach storytelling with Astartes quality graphics.

Link Posted: 8/11/2023 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Thinking about starting a Guard army. Took a look at the new Cadians. Nice figures but not sure I like the new lasguns. Looks weird without the pistol grip. A mix of the old Cadian rifle with the Krieg pattern.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Maccrage:
Thinking about starting a Guard army. Took a look at the new Cadians. Nice figures but not sure I like the new lasguns. Looks weird without the pistol grip. A mix of the old Cadian rifle with the Krieg pattern.
View Quote

I have thought about traitor guard, lol
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 4:18:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sir_Sparhawk] [#10]
Just wanted to share my pile of shame. There's still the rest of the Grey Knights stuff from the Hexfire box as well. I really don't like the painting. That's why a lot of stuff is put together but not painted. I have to seriously motivate myself to paint something. Also, don't count the Thousand Sons or Tau stuff because I'm trying to sell it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Sir_Sparhawk:
Just wanted to share my pile of shame. There's still the rest of the Grey Knights stuff from the Hexfire box as well. I really don't like the painting. That's why a lot of stuff is put together but not painted. I have to seriously motivate myself to paint something. Also, don't count the Thousand Sons or Tau stuff because I'm trying to sell it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/464833/IMG_20230820_150241530_jpg-2926486.JPG
View Quote

Staryed on my pile of shame yesterday. Got my Deimos Rhino painted and and ready for decals and weathering, and assembled and painted my Deimos Predator. Now to decal and weather them and my Spartan.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Crappy pics, but making progress on the pile of shame.
Calth force is taking shape nicely. Cobalt blue and gold.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I would like to play WH40k but the price and rules turn me off.  I don't like I Go, You Go rules anymore.  

I've got a few hundred points in Death Guard from Kill Team that with a few more boxes I could turn into an army.  I would play some Rogue Trader though with my old marines and orks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:30:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperStormBryan] [#14]
Originally Posted By bigern314:
I would like to play WH40k but the price and rules turn me off.  I don't like I Go, You Go rules anymore.  

I've got a few hundred points in Death Guard from Kill Team that with a few more boxes I could turn into an army.  I would play some Rogue Trader though with my old marines and orks.
View Quote

Can you elaborate on those?

My brothers and I wanted to get back into wargaming, after a ten year break, and we started playing Battletech Alpha Strike.  We bought the rule books and I have a couple 3d printers and we went to town for very little money.

I play World War Tesla with the kids.

WH40k is a total nonstarter for me these days, I used to play all them years ago, and worked with some huge WH40K fans from one of the video game's development back then.  I can afford it, but I can't justify it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SuperStormBryan:

My brothers and I wanted to get back into wargaming, after a ten year break, and we started playing Battletech Alpha Strike.  We bought the rule books and I have a couple 3d printers and we went to town for very little money.

WH40k is a total nonstarter for me these days, I used to play all them years ago, and worked with some huge WH40K fans from one of the video game's development back then.  I can afford it, but I can't justify it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SuperStormBryan:

The classic setup where on a turn one player goes with his entire army, then the other player goes.

I've been playing historicals like Bolt Action where you have activation dice for each unit and these are drawn from a bag and you use these to activate units.  

Or Chain of Command where you roll dice and can use those to activate Leaders who can then give orders to units. Depending on your roll you may not be able to activate anything, you may get to roll again immediately, the turn may end, etc. The activation is more random and barring wild crazy luck you can't table someone, or just assume you can activate all your units on the table in a speciic order.  

Its more popular in modern games use some kind of mechanic where unit activation is more random.  I prefer Chain of Command for WW2 and a lot of that is the activation mechanic.

I'm getting into Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game and while its A mix of I GO, U Go, but you do each phase for both players before moving to the next phase.  So its a mix.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 1:04:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperStormBryan] [#16]

The classic setup where on a turn one player goes with his entire army, then the other player goes.

I've been playing historicals like Bolt Action where you have activation dice for each unit and these are drawn from a bag and you use these to activate units.  

Or Chain of Command where you roll dice and can use those to activate Leaders who can then give orders to units. Depending on your roll you may not be able to activate anything, you may get to roll again immediately, the turn may end, etc. The activation is more random and barring wild crazy luck you can't table someone, or just assume you can activate all your units on the table in a speciic order.  

Its more popular in modern games use some kind of mechanic where unit activation is more random.  I prefer Chain of Command for WW2 and a lot of that is the activation mechanic.

I'm getting into Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game and while its A mix of I GO, U Go, but you do each phase for both players before moving to the next phase.  So its a mix.
View Quote

That's cool.  I don't want to side rail the WH40K thread, but Battletech is similar but different.  You take turns moving and attacking units within each phase, then damage or status changes are resolved at the end of the turn to take effect next turn.  Bolt Action looks real interesting.

World War Tesla is very much 40k, move everyone at once, which helps the kids stay focused and eyes on the table.

40K related.  I'm loving the books so far.  I'm on the seventh book, Legion, and its great.  Highly recommend.  Get an e-reader though, I wasn't able to find many of them physical.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Right now I'm just sticking to the Lore, but man I love Warhammer Horus Hersey period.

It will take a lot for me to sit down and actually put models together and paint them right now given my hobbies of Jeep (Just Empty Every Pocket) upgrading,  firearms, and airsoft. Plus, I want to get into building a gaming PC at some point this winter...I have way too many expensive hobbies.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 12:53:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Maccrage] [#18]
Shot some primer today. Saul Tarvitz, the AoD sword Praetor who is going to be Solomon Demeter for my girl to paint, She likes the Loyalist Emperor's Children. Some Sisters for my niece to paint. For my XIII Legion force, I've got Bobby G, and the Sergeant with the bolter is Selaton, Ventanus' Sergeant on Calth. Reprimed Ventanus too. Had to strip him and start over after screwing up with Contrast paint. First time using it. Not sure I like it.

Link Posted: 9/6/2023 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't like the character, but damn, I want the new Fulgrim Ascended model.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 3:55:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#20]
Shot some primer today. Saul Tarvitz, the AoD sword Praetor who is going to be Solomon Demeter for my girl to paint, She likes the Loyalist Emperor's Children. Some Sisters for my niece to paint. For my XIII Legion force, I've got Bobby G, and the Sergeant with the bolter is Selaton, Ventanus' Sergeant on Calth. Reprimed Ventanus too. Had to strip him and start over after screwing up with Contrast paint. First time using it. Not sure I like it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145185/20230905_155354-2944340.jpg
View Quote

I think the Fall of the Emperor's Children was the most depressing story of the Horus Hersey. Fulgrim really didn't Fall, he was possessed and what happened to his legion was horrible.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 5:35:34 AM EDT
[#21]
@Hellion-Productions

I saw your Project Gigante on the Imperial Knights subreddit. That things looks badass.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#22]
@Hellion-Productions

I saw your Project Gigante on the Imperial Knights subreddit. That things looks badass.
View Quote

Thanks!  It's a Porphyrion proxy,  but I am working on weaponry to make it an Acastus Asterius substitute,  too.  Big C-beamers!

Attachment Attached File

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I just wanted to say that miniswap on reddit is a scam. I've had things up on there for a month and nobody wants to buy them. Or they don't want to pay more then pennies on the dollar for it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 12:24:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Making progress on the Baneblade.

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 8:50:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Making progress on the Baneblade.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145185/20230924_111839-2965531.jpg
View Quote

You have some cool models.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 5:24:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Progress on my Knight Castellan.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Very nice!

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#28]
My latest, the Conquistador Main Battle Mecha with reactive armor plating.  A Castigator proxy for those of you with your own printers, or access to one.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#29]

You're 3D printing that?

Wow.  Damn, I need a 3D printer if you can print stuff like that out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#30]

You're 3D printing that?

View All Quotes

You're 3D printing that?

Yup.  I have a resin printer.  They have come way down in price, and way up in quality.

$300 or so to get in to it, but that's cheaper than 5 boxes of Custodes, around here,  or a pair of Lancers.  It's nice to print off an entire knight or kill team in a couple print sessions.

I would recommend the Elegoo Saturn 2, 8K, or 3.  Not too big, not too small.  I still have a Saturn 1 from 2021, and it's still chugging along.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Hellion-Productions:

Yup.  I have a resin printer.  They have come way down in price, and way up in quality.

$300 or so to get in to it, but that's cheaper than 5 boxes of Custodes, around here,  or a pair of Lancers.  It's nice to print off an entire knight or kill team in a couple print sessions.

I would recommend the Elegoo Saturn 2, 8K, or 3.  Not too big, not too small.  I still have a Saturn 1 from 2021, and it's still chugging along.

Best,
JBR
View Quote

That's awesome.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:46:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fulcrum-5] [#32]
His visor showed him target icons, though. A decent number. A moderate challenge to fill an afternoon. How many of them would be his? He considered, for a moment, resetting his tally counter. The number, a long one now, throbbed in the bottom left of his visor display. Most Astartes-pattern warplate had this function. Some called it a kill-counter. It had its uses, for making swift tactical assessments during a prosecution or an engagement. Khârn had never really bothered with it. His kind of warfare had little use for such fripperies. He’d just left it running, unmonitored.

It had been running since the first day of his career. When the number started to get quite large, he had become fascinated by it. The counter held a fetishistic interest now, a simple reminder of his advancing, unmatched progress. He wasn’t superstitious like some legionaries, but it seemed unreasonable to reset it. He wanted, privately, to see how high it could get. Did it ever reach a number it couldn’t surpass? Roll back over to zero and start again? Did it have a limit?

It might, but Kharn believed he didn't.
View Quote

The rest of the Traitor Legions are fighting the Long War.  Kharn's just playing Live Action DOOM for the high score....
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Fulcrum-5:

The rest of the Traitor Legions are fighting a the Long War.  Kharn's just playing Live Action DOOM for the high score....
View Quote

That's why he's my favorite character.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 1:06:25 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#35]

Tau: "Ooooo! Look at us! All High Tech!!!"
Imperium: [Shovel]
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fulcrum-5:

The rest of the Traitor Legions are fighting a the Long War.  Kharn's just playing Live Action DOOM for the high score....

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. - General William T. Sherman.

Kharn's relationship to the glory of battle is akin to an alcoholic's relationship to booze.  He's a cautionary tale.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 1:50:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maccrage] [#37]
GW moved the webstores into Warhammer.com.

One store for GW and Forge World.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

I haven't checked it out in a while. I need to avoid doing so, for my wallet's sake lol.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#39]

I haven't checked it out in a while. I need to avoid doing so, for my wallet's sake lol.
View All Quotes

Looks like price increases too.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Looks like price increases too.
View Quote

I was expected some big ones this year. They announced a big increase for distributors and for the site back in March-April. I've been busy with all my WE models, although I've neglected finishing the painting of them.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#41]
The new GW website is absolute dog shit.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#42]
There are some grumblings on social media that War Hammer isn't "grim dark" enough anymore, but I think bringing back the Primarchs is actually a good move.  The story is a little stagnant as of late and I think bringing back both the loyalist and traitor primarchs would be a good move story wise.

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#43]
There are some grumblings on social media that War Hammer isn't "grim dark" enough anymore, but I think bringing back the Primarchs is actually a good move.  The story is a little stagnant as of late and I think bringing back both the loyalist and traitor primarchs would be a good move story wise.

View Quote

I think they'll bring one Primarch per side and maybe a legendary hero each addition to garner hype.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#44]
The new GW website is absolute dog shit.
View Quote

Fuuck. I hate it. Made an order last night. My login info and order history transferred over, but my address and payment methods all had to be reentered. Gift vouchers didn't transfer either.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 4:59:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sir_Sparhawk] [#45]
There's supposed to be a bunch of new model releases today. The Christmas boxes were a huge disappointment. I was hoping to get a decent space marines box for the Salamanders army I'm building. But the space marines box is pretty much the worst one ever.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#46]
I will probably buy the Legion Imperialis box.  I am looking forward more to doing an All-Knight force, though.

I don't know what to do with the wee 'oomies, though.

Anyone else going to go Quarter Scale?
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#47]

I think they'll bring one Primarch per side and maybe a legendary hero each addition to garner hype.
View Quote

I'd be very cool with that.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 1:18:57 AM EDT
[#48]
I just got a Leviathan box for Christmas. I'm pretty stoked about that. I've already put the Ballistas Dreadnought together.
And here's the current progress on my first Infernus squad.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:03:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#49]
I've been playing the new CRPG Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader on stream (YouTube and Twitch) and it's been really good. More popular on Twitch, it seems, though.

If any of you guys are looking for a decent RPG and like/don't mind turn-based RPGs in the style of something like Baldur's Gate 3, then you'll probably like this game.

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader

I'm not sponsored by them; paid out-of-pocket for the collector's edition because I'm a crazy person lol.

I'm looking forward to Space Marine 2.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 5:31:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#50]
Space Marine 2 is going to be insanely awesome from the looks of it.

Just wish you could play co-op with more than two friends at a time.  Would love an Arma style Space Marine experience where you could do a co-op with up to say at least 20 bros.  Something like say Star Citizen where you had an open galaxy where you could just put together a Space Marine Chapter of players and go crusading would be epic.

Page / 18
Warhammer 40k Thread (Page 16 of 18)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top