Warhammer 40k Thread (Page 4 of 18)
Page / 18
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 7:13:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RX-78-2] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By crazytuco:
And a preview of some of the animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz8iJN9L5qA

ETA: If GW came out with a codex for Eldar Exodites, I’d be willing to drop hundreds of dollars on a new army that day.
View Quote

Keep in mind that’s from the Exodite guy (yep, they hired him as well), not from Pederson (the Astartes guy).

GW is literally hiring everybody
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#2]
And a preview of some of the animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz8iJN9L5qA

ETA: If GW came out with a codex for Eldar Exodites, I’d be willing to drop hundreds of dollars on a new army that day.
View Quote

That'll get you one squad and maybe a vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:28:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By RX-78-2:

Keep in mind that's from the Exodite guy (yep, they hired him as well), not from Pederson (the Astartes guy).

GW is literally hiring everybody
View Quote
Excellent!
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I just recently started getting interested in 40k. I startef playing warhammer total war series and i know its a different universe but that introduced me to 40k. Not really sure where to start but i would like to look at getting into the minatures game. Any tips would be awesome. I would like to learn more about the lore
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:09:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lsujim] [#5]
Originally Posted By WilsonC:
I just recently started getting interested in 40k. I startef playing warhammer total war series and i know its a different universe but that introduced me to 40k. Not really sure where to start but i would like to look at getting into the minatures game. Any tips would be awesome. I would like to learn more about the lore
View Quote

Black Library books for lore. The Horus Heresy story line is a good start. Be warned there are about 40+ books in this series.

For the miniatures this is a good start. But if you can help it, dont order direct from GW. There are few dealers offering 15% off. IM if you want me to send you a few dealers I've used.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

One Mind Syndicate on YouTube is an awesome page for lore in the 40k universe.
Find a local hobby store that has table top gaming and let them know you’d like to learn to play.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

For the lore, there’s no better channel than Luetin09
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RX-78-2:

For the lore, there's no better channel than Luetin09
View Quote
Truedat
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 4:41:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: markfall] [#9]
Some classic metal scouts I did a couple years back.

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By markfall:
Some classic metal scouts I did a couple years back.

https://i.imgur.com/vIpruqz.jpg
View Quote

I found a brand new in blister metal scout with heavy bolter. He's going into my SM kill team.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I made custom claws, lightning cannon, and chainswords to turn my regular knights into Magaera pattern.

Magnetized at the elbow.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Is there any explanation in the 40K world for why they use chain-swords, hammers, claws, etc over bolters? Some armor stops bolts? Or just the cool factor?

RickR
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RickR:
Is there any explanation in the 40K world for why they use chain-swords, hammers, claws, etc over bolters? Some armor stops bolts? Or just the cool factor?

RickR
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:52:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RickR:

RickR
View Quote

Lots of horde enemies which will inevitably run you out of bolts/laspacks.  Also, They're just way cooler.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:51:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#15]
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:09:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

I have an un-opened box of an entire Terminator squad (metal) from the late 1980’s somewhere in my house.  
View Quote

yes please!

I picked up old school Slaneesh Daemonettes from someone's box of spares a few months ago. I gotta put em together still.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Bought a XV88 Broadside yesterday. Painted up one of the drones.

It looks like shit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RonGonzo:
Bought a XV88 Broadside yesterday. Painted up one of the drones.

It looks like shit.
View Quote

My brother played Tau for a while.  Look into how guys use pens to do line work on Gundam models.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Looking good. I've had some bad luck on eBay recently where I now have 2 start collecting Tau boxes. Guess I'll be starting a Tau army.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:11:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By lsujim:

Looking good. I've had some bad luck on eBay recently where I now have 2 start collecting Tau boxes. Guess I'll be starting a Tau army.
View Quote

Thanks I built that a few years ago. My son runs the Tau now...I'm a Death Korp of Krieg kinda guy
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I just do two thin coats, then slather in nuln oil.  It makes my knights look like walking greasetraps that need to hit the wash rack, but I like the look.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes.  Done on my Saturn Elegoo, but they can fit on smaller printers.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Hellion-Productions:
Yes.  Done on my Saturn Elegoo, but they can fit on smaller printers.

Best,
JBR
View Quote

What resin and what are your settings. I've been trying to get my resin printer to print some Space Marine shoulders but I'm not getting crisp details.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#27]

What resin and what are your settings. I've been trying to get my resin printer to print some Space Marine shoulders but I'm not getting crisp details.
View Quote

I’ll get my boy to print out some World Eater shoulders and see how that turns out and I’ll let you know. He is using a Mars 2 I think.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

I slice in Chitubox.  It's much nicer than my old Anycubic slicer program, and I haven't lost too many prints using these settings.

I use Anycubic resin.  Usually a mix of Green and Black.
https://www.amazon.com/ANYCUBIC-405nm-Rapid-Photon-Printer-1/dp/B07G35BBV4

As far as settings, here's a couple screenshots.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 12:45:12 AM EDT
[#29]
So I think I got my resin printer dialed in. The previous issue was the resin I was using. It was a water washable variant and it was just not cutting it for me. I got standard resin and the detail quality was much better. Here's some Red Hunters shoulder pads. They're too big but I'll resize them on another print after the Exorcist shoulder pads finish.

Link Posted: 5/22/2021 10:28:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lsujim] [#30]
So I think I got my resin printer dialed in. The previous issue was the resin I was using. It was a water washable variant and it was just not cutting it for me. I got standard resin and the detail quality was much better. Here's some Red Hunters shoulder pads. They're too big but I'll resize them on another print after the Exorcist shoulder pads finish.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97393/shoulders-1951177.jpg
View Quote

So those Red Hunter shoulder pads were shaped all wrong so I learned how to wrap icons onto better shaped shoulder pads.

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Conversion parts for turning a Questoris into a Knight Styrix.  This is the.volkite cannon.  I have a few other parts in the works.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks.  I am probably real annoying, being all over the place. But, it helps to get the word out.
Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Alternative chainswords for my Knights.  I was worried.  Printed fine.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:32:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hellion-Productions] [#35]
Double.   Sumbitch.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#36]
That is cool. Dunno if I’ve asked, what resin are you using and how is it?
My son prints out stuff out for us, the first bottle was way too hard and brittle, we switched to some by elegy and it does alright
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:
That is cool. Dunno if I’ve asked, what resin are you using and how is it?
My son prints out stuff out for us, the first bottle was way too hard and brittle, we switched to some by elegy and it does alright
View Quote

I use Anycubic resin, usually translucent green with a bit of black in it.  Usually 2 parts green to one part black.

https://www.amazon.com/ANYCUBIC-UV-Curing-Precision-Excellent-Fluidity/dp/B07G35BBV4?th=1&psc=1

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:40:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Cleaned, cured, and mounted.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 1:27:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Done with Project Styx, a non-Mechanicus Styrix!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#40]
My son wanted an Emperor titan head.
Emperor Titans are big.
This is only plate one of two.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:44:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Geez. How long did that take to print?
View Quote

6 hours.

The Saturn is a great machine.

I think I am going to get him one for his birthday next month.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 11:11:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Wish me luck, started assembling my first mini this evening.

Got into 40k lore last year, so excited to finally build something.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Keasbeynights:
Wish me luck, started assembling my first mini this evening.

Got into 40k lore last year, so excited to finally build something.
View Quote

Nice.  What are you building?
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Who's going to subscribe to Warhammer+?

I'm digging the vindicate assassin so I might.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Nice.  What are you building?
View Quote

Starting off simple. Just a lone space marine for now.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File

First go at it.
Definitely room for improvement. Still need a color for the purity seal, but calling it good for now.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#48]
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/05/unsolved-mysteries-of-the-warhammer-40k-universe-with-loremaster-dan-abnett/

- ThlintoRatscar. Is there room for hope in the grim dark future of Warhammer 40,000?

- I do hope not because then it won't be the 40k universe anymore. I think the reason that Warhammer 40k is so distinctive is because it is incomparably bleak. We bandy around the word grim dark and all that kind of stuff but it is, it is just, it's an awful, awful place. It has that unique distinction with just about every other fictional, science fictional universe that you can think of. There are always places that you'd love to go and visit. You'd love to go and spend some time in, I don't know, the Star Trek universe or travel with Dr. Who or whatever it is because there are attractive places where you think there might be adventure, there might be danger, but they're also wonderful. Warhammer stands alone as being the place where you would not even want to visit for five minutes because it's so atrociously awful. And I love the fact that the fans have embraced 40k because it literally is the darkest possible timeline.

And I think the 40k universe was almost a reaction to fascist Britain and the problems we were having there. It was like, let's take that and make it even worse. It is an object lesson in how things can go disastrously wrong, and you wouldn't want to have anything to do with it. Having said that, there isn't room for hope with a capital H but there is definitely a necessarily room for hope with a small H on the short-term at the human level because otherwise, what we're creating in this fiction would be unbearably depressing, I think.

That's .... a thing.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Any word at all on the Eisenhorn TV series?
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#50]
I just started book 2 of the Space Wolves, very good series so far. It’s really cool how the Space Wolves allow the people on their home planet live a tribal/Viking life so they can choose the best warriors.
Page / 18
Warhammer 40k Thread (Page 4 of 18)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top