Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 8:43:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I liked, TOS watching it in reruns in the 80s.  TNG was pretty good, it was a cool thing to watch as a family when I was a kid.  DS9 I watched most of, but was doing a lot of other things in life while it was on, so missed a lot of episodes.  Voyager, I was enjoying until the year of hell where everything was reset.  Lost interest after that, but ST time travel has never been my favorite thing, as a general rule, any of the time travel episodes of any of the series were usually my least favorite. I tried watching Enterprise in its initial run, but could not get into it, however I did just binge watch all 4 seasons and enjoyed it pretty well.  I still think Tucker and T'pol should have had a kid the natural way. I have watched all of discovery so far, and really don't care for it.  Strange New Worlds I am enjoying, Picard, I could take or leave, it has a few good episodes and a lot of dumb ones. I thought I would hate Lower Decks, but actually find it hilarious most of the time.  And loved the LD/SNW crossover.  Prodigy is really geared for kids, it is ok, but not a huge fan.

The movies with the original cast were mostly good with Wrath of Khan my favorite and the voyage home questionable.  The movies with the TNG crew were OK mostly.  The Reboot movies I enjoyed, but I mostly disconnected them from TOS.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like Deep Space 9.  I also really liked Enterprise.  I don't know why but I really enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:36:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cyberpunk1981:
I really like Deep Space 9.  I also really liked Enterprise.  I don't know why but I really enjoyed it.
View Quote

A common thread between both series is they tread in a different direction than TNG.  TNG was about being diplomatic and solving problems through technology.  In DS9 and Enterprise, more times than not they didn't have the same luxury or liberties with regards to decision making.  Character development was stronger in these series than most of the franchise.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:00:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Anything before

Picard
Discovery
and
Strange New Worlds
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:33:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Strange New Worlds impressed me, even if only because it was a spin off of Wokescovery and my expectations were so low. Decent story-telling and the musical episode didn't need to happen but it wasn't quite horrible.

TNG finally firmly cemented for me that the Federation were actually the bad guys. I ended up hating basically every regular character on that show. DS9 was better, if only because my expectations were so low going in.

But Lower Decks is the best of them even if it's reference jokes all the way down.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:04:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Deep Space Nine
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:53:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sirveaux] [#7]
Star Trek Continues is surprising good.  First couple episodes are shaky, then once you just roll with it, it's really pretty good, and continues to improve.

Star Trek Continues E01 "Pilgrim of Eternity"

Star Trek New Voyages is also pretty decent.

Better than anything since Enterprise at least.  Depending how much you like Enterprise of Voyager, maybe better than those.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top