Link Posted: 11/6/2022 7:51:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brass:
The Horrors of Dulce Underground Base

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je3Qu-xMuxM
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je3Qu-xMuxM

• 14:30
The aliens needed certain hormones which they would extract from the adrenaline glands of mammals and allegedly made treaty with US to trade some humans for truce.  -- They get high from Human hormones.

————————————————————————————

Now, what are the rumors about children being farmed and abducted for in that big disclosure in 2018 with Marina Abramovic?  And the Dude that kept a harem of scarred/marked young female slaves to provide children for him?

Things that make you go..... hmmmmm...

That's the fun of following this stuff, this guy must surf ARF paranormal a lot.   Thinks from past readings and experience  cross referencing itself to wink at you and move on.

View Quote

Biochemistry is one of our biggest industries.  We talk about getting anti gravity or fiber optics or what not as advanced tech from aliens, but medical and pharmaceutical science is another possibility that is a huge and secretive industry.

Wealthy people get blood transfusions from teens now to gain the benefits; https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/347828f8-6e7f-4a9b-92ab-95f637a9dc2e

There are a number of people that call the hormones or energies that humans create “loosh”. Some believe that aliens/reptilians use it recreationally. Others that inter dimensional beings (Archons) feed on it, and trap humans in an unending cycle of reincarnation to farm us for it.  The biggest deep dive down that rabbit hole is on Reddit;  https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapingPrisonPlanet/

That subreddit is kind of forming it’s own religion around it… which is fascinating and scary too.  (I read it for a few weeks and had to stop because it gets really deep fast.)  
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 7:52:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MagPaul:
I started watching this show about 6 weeks ago, and I've watched every episode now.  
Entertaining stuff!  And Hecklefish makes it great. Actually he got on my nerves in the first two or three eps, but now he's my spirit animal. "Lizzid Peeple!"
AJ should look to using Rumble though;  he's starting to tip his anti-government stance and YouBoob isn't going to tolerate that, they already put a wikipedia fact check type sticker on his latest vid.  You know it's the beginning of the end when they pull that crap.

Heckle also has his own YT channel, plus there's a Why Files Backstage channel as well, usually live streams where AJ interacts with viewers.

View Quote

I’m going to buy that Hecklefish mug on payday.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Do you have links to those channels?    I've watched every one as well.

It's like he follows the topics here.

View Quote

He does Shorts, https://youtube.com/shorts/4cJcCu1h1hY?feature=share

Back stage, https://youtu.be/3vQv-WOSSwY

Hecklefish, https://youtube.com/c/HecklefishMoriarty

Patreon, https://www.patreon.com/thewhyfiles

Store, https://shop.thewhyfiles.com/

It would be awesome if he were a frequenter here.  If so, THANKS AJ!  You do a great job!
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Hecklefish rocks
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:22:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Great, now my autopyrophobia is back...
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:35:39 AM EDT
[#8]
HeckleFish is my spirit animal.

I loved it..

wife and I laugh so hard on it.

THAT DIRTY HIPPIE...

HECKLE!! BE NICE...

SOOOORRY

THAT DIRTY AAAHHTIST..
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

Lizzid Peeple
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 1:44:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#10]
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Ahem..  LORD Hecklefish rocks!, if you will.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spartacus:
Hecklefish rocks

That advertisement is one of the funniest things I’ve seen in years.  I’ve watched several time and just laugh my ass off.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By sq40:

That advertisement is one of the funniest things I’ve seen in years.  I’ve watched several time and just laugh my ass off.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spartacus:
Hecklefish rocks

"A nice change of pace from the VPN ads."
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Ancient Craft Watching us From Orbit | The Black Knight Satellite

This one about the Dark Knight satellite is pretty good.

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Another great one dropped last night regarding Project Serpo.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep, that was a good show.
I don't think the Serpo story is anywhere near well know.
If there's any sliver of truth to it, the more awareness maybe the more chance something else gets leaked.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By JQ66:
If there's any sliver of truth to it, the more awareness maybe the more chance something else gets leaked.
View Quote

I actually made that suggestion to do Project Serpo as I have Len Kastens book on PROJECT SERPO.

They left out ALOT of stuff from the book that includes that the Edens destroyed the Reptilians main planet and they are homeless. The war lasted almost 1k years until they destroyed the lizzards planet.

Also, the Ebens worship the same god as we do.

I think AJ wanted to target a larger audience and left those parts out.

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 11:58:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I have his book in the Kindle format.  I read it maybe 5 years ago???  
But I was a bit disappointed as I didn't learn much new from stuff that had already been out on the web.
But I will say I don't recall the part about the lizzid peeple.   Maybe just from time.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 6:36:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Seems that airforce misinformation dude has been active in a lot of UFO stories

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 3:10:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By crazytuco:
Another great one dropped last night regarding Project Serpo.
View Quote

Secret 10-Year Mission to an Alien Planet 40 Light Years Away | Project Serpo
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

I actually made that suggestion to do Project Serpo as I have Len Kastens book on PROJECT SERPO.

They left out ALOT of stuff from the book that includes that the Edens destroyed the Reptilians main planet and they are homeless. The war lasted almost 1k years until they destroyed the lizzards planet.

View All Quotes

I read the Serpo “leaks” back in the late 90s on the web as they were coming out.  At the time, it was on an old text html website with separate pages for each new part that dropped. I remember thinking at the time it was almost too good to possibly anything other than fiction.

There was a transcript with Reagan that sounded like a West Wing script, with sharp dialogue.  It was interesting as it talked about four different races visiting, the Ebens were the nicest of the lot, two were malevolent, and one race was virtually destroyed  by the Ebens.

I remember there was a report of a large snake like creature that had human eyes they shot on the expedition. Killing it caused a major incident. Same as the body that the Ebens used from the dead team member, it was a really traumatic thing.  

But there were more interesting things about the Eben families, where they were curious about the humans, and had a real desire for privacy, but curiosity got the better of them.  They were deeply religious and did worship our same God, they assumed.  The centerpiece of the community was the “light tower” clock that dictated everything and everyone like clockwork.

Much of the story seemed to model the Ebens after asian culture in many other ways, making a lot of comparisons with Japanese culture.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 2:05:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Hecklefish: Taxes are theft!

The only true part of the video.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#22]

I actually made that suggestion to do Project Serpo as I have Len Kastens book on PROJECT

View Quote

Thanks for posting. I’m 20 pages into this now as Amazon has all of his books.

To those mentioning, it’s the same stuff. Some new information and perspective of stitching things together.  

Pretty good so far.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Just finished with it.

Good read for anyone interested.

Couple things I wasn’t a big fan of but otherwise, decent.

Richard Doty appearing in last 20%, I wasn’t thrilled with that. He seems to always be popping up “not randomly”.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#24]
The inclusion once again of Richard Doty is almost comical at this point.  Why does the UFO community listen to this guy these days?  After all of the stuff he's been involved in you'd think he'd be completely blackballed by the community.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:48:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#25]
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 11:30:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Now that it is known Doty/. has been seeding misinformation for decades.   The key bit of that is still "information".   The parts which can be collaborated with others loses the "mis" attribute since for any misinformation to be effective, it needs to have as much or more real information as misguiding information.  

Don't throw babies out with bathwater since ignoring everything said by somebody when somebody later accuses that third person of being a misinformation agent is then discredited and we have no information at all.  Meanwhile, we can stitch together what the official releases are and compare what the releases say compare to what the misinformation agents were saying at the time 20 or 50 years ago, to at least get an idea of what parts they didn't want people to pursue or think about.  The misinformation is to guide something away from a more sensitive topic and sometimes that means sacrificing a less sensitive one, and sometimes making a new one up out of whole cloth.   If there are stories out there that the sole source of is Doty, with no collaboration, I'd take note of it and move on.  I don't really add more weight to anything just keep packing things near by topic and era and sometimes the person involved, always adding and never really coming up with answers but finding ways to string the information together to rule out some things but not entirely, same with suggesting other things, but not guaranteeing them.

For example, congress has now stated "UFOs are real", yet half the people on this forum will insist it's all nothing since they know better.  If the .gov said conclusively they are not real, another half would ignore that.  People are fickle.  Documents speak volumes, however.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crazytuco:
The inclusion once again of Richard Doty is almost comical at this point.  Why does the UFO community listen to this guy these days?  After all of the stuff he's been involved in you'd think he'd be completely blackballed by the community.

Now that it is known Doty/. has been seeding misinformation for decades.   The key bit of that is still "information".   The parts which can be collaborated with others loses the "mis" attribute since for any misinformation to be effective, it needs to have as much or more real information as misguiding information.  

Don't throw babies out with bathwater since ignoring everything said by somebody when somebody later accuses that third person of being a misinformation agent is then discredited and we have no information at all.  Meanwhile, we can stitch together what the official releases are and compare what the releases say compare to what the misinformation agents were saying at the time 20 or 50 years ago, to at least get an idea of what parts they didn't want people to pursue or think about.  The misinformation is to guide something away from a more sensitive topic and sometimes that means sacrificing a less sensitive one, and sometimes making a new one up out of whole cloth.   If there are stories out there that the sole source of is Doty, with no collaboration, I'd take note of it and move on.  I don't really add more weight to anything just keep packing things near by topic and era and sometimes the person involved, always adding and never really coming up with answers but finding ways to string the information together to rule out some things but not entirely, same with suggesting other things, but not guaranteeing them.

For example, congress has now stated "UFOs are real", yet half the people on this forum will insist it's all nothing since they know better.  If the .gov said conclusively they are not real, another half would ignore that.  People are fickle.  Documents speak volumes, however.

Doty “admits”, and I use that with a grain of salt, that his technique was to release real information at first. He would hook as many people as possible, and then begin to release more fictitious or modified information.  Finally, he would release outlandish information that would split the community and make the people who were most invested in the story seem crazy. The true believers were then ostracized to drive away the majority of people from believing anything, nor want to associate.

It’s a parallel to how the “Q” operation worked.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 11:34:10 PM EDT
[#27]
This one is outright scary because it can happen again any day.

Solar storms: more dangerous than you think. Can we survive another Carrington Event?
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:16:16 AM EDT
[#29]

We can't even get the grid up in a reasonable time after a hurricane.   Weeks out just for relatively small areas due to lack of transformers and wire and other things there should be tons of spares for.  IIRC, something about the stockpile reserve being used but then not replenished due to a sourcing issue that was never fully resolved.  Maybe after that 2003 outage that blew a ton of stuff up in the Northeast?

View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftrbdFGTQO4

We can't even get the grid up in a reasonable time after a hurricane.   Weeks out just for relatively small areas due to lack of transformers and wire and other things there should be tons of spares for.  IIRC, something about the stockpile reserve being used but then not replenished due to a sourcing issue that was never fully resolved.  Maybe after that 2003 outage that blew a ton of stuff up in the Northeast?

@Kagetora is an expert on this.  It would be interesting to get some insight.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:51:09 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftrbdFGTQO4

Not an "expert," but I appreciate the shout-out. I work with the HV transmission grid every week (substation operator0, but I'm barely 25% of an engineer or designer.

Yes, a CME or other solar (or cosmic event, such as a strong source of cosmic rays bombarding us from nearby) could happen any moment. Usually we get about 3 days warning for a strong flare or minor CME, something that can fuck up satellites and comm systems but not so much hurt the grid.

The Carrington Event arrived in something like 17 hours. We've seen many other strong CME's that weren't pointed right at us travelling at similar speed. For reference, the sun is about 8.5 light-minutes away, so 17 hours is an eternity in light speed terms, but a very short time for human reactions.

It's my (limited) understanding that the charged particles streaming past the lines/equipment cause potentially serious voltage spikes. Voltage causes "movement," amperage causes "heat." Too much amperage melts things, too much voltage twists things. But, there's a more insidious damage. High voltage breaks down electrical insulation. It jumps gaps (movement). That's why as the voltage climbs, the size of insulators, amount of insulating oil/gas and size of equipment, and minimum approach distance increases.

A transformer is a miracle. And yet, it's nothing more than two windings of conductor surrounding a specialized iron core, bathed in oil and insulated by paper. The reason transformers are so important is the loss of power on lines. You lose power when transmitting it equal to the current squared times the resistance of the conductor. (I^2)R. So, if the dam/coal plant/nuke plant/wind farm/what the fuck ever is generating at, say, 50KV (they don't, it's usually 34.5KV or something like that, but 50KV makes my example math easier) and you need, say 50MW to feed your town (load center), you have to produce 1000 amps. That's because Watts = Volts x Amps. So, 50,000 volts x 1,000 amps = 50,000,000 Watts, or 50MW.

BTW, 50MW is a small load. Big cities use gigawatts, billions of watts.

Anyway, a mile of conductor might have an ohm of resistance. So, your losses on that line, per mile, are (1000^2)x1, or 1,000,000 amps per mile That's a lot of heat, and you can't push that power very far without either losing it or melting the conductors (in reality, we'd be talking AC power instead of DC, inductance vs resistance, but the concepts are the same).

What a transformer does is simple. One of the windings might be, say, 10x as numerous as the other winding. To create electricity, you need three things. A conductor, a magnetic field, and relative motion between them. The generator creates the electricity with either a stationary coil of conductor with a spinning magnet in it, or vice-versa. That relative motion between the two creates electrical flow. The transformer does the SAME THING, but it has two different windings, agains, let's say in a 10-1 ratio. Separated by nothing but paper and oil. The primary winding gets the flow of electricity from the generator. The constant flux of the collapsing/expanding AC electrical field creates the relative motion, 60 times a second. The combination of those two induces an electrical flow in the secondary winding.

the next concept is constant power. Watts don't change, just volts and amps. SO...if I pump 50KV at 1000 amps (50MW) into the primary, and the turns ratio is 10:1, the secondary gets 500KV at 100 amps (also 50MW).

NOW, the line loss is (100^2)x1, 10,000 per mile, instead of (1000^2)x1, 1,000,000 per mile. The transformer has cut the amount of electricity I lose transmitting it by a factor of 100. I can now transmit the electricity 100x as far with the same loss. At the other end, I reverse the process with another transformer to provide the amps required to power the equipment at the load center.

That's the basics of the power grid. Without transformers, you'd all have to live VERY close to the generating station to get any power at all. Transformers literally power civilization with their magic. No moving parts, just coils of wire, iron, oil, and paper in a big steel case.

Where do the CME's come in? Over-voltage destroys insulation. It will break down the oil/paper insulating value as the charged particles stream past the conductor, inducing a high voltage (remember, conductor + relative motion = electricity...the movement of the charged particles past the conductor does this). When the two winding in the transformer lose the insulation between them, and short-circuit to each other...

...Civilization ends. All at once. And won't be coming back. We don't have replacements for the transformers. No one does. They take years to make, months and months to move, and huge quantities of money. Not to mention raw materials are in short supply., and you need electricity to produce more of the magic core steel and everything else involved to build them, a Catch-22.

Experts have testified that the loss of power in this country would result in a 90% population loss in the first year. We have 57,000 substations, and the loss of the correct 9 of them could result in an 18-month power outage to large parts of the country. No, I don't know which 9, but others do.

Now imagine if a CME took out 57,000 of them all at once. And all the others over half of a globe, or the entire thing in a sustained event.

Save that last bullet for yourself.

So, that's my apocalypse story for today. I know how civilization will end, because I watch this system crumble around me every day.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 9:16:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Good God.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:28:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#32]
@Kagetora

About transformers, I heard the exact same thing on a coast2coast show few months ago. Replacement transformers are almost nonexistant and the protection for our powergrid is laughed at by those in charge. Its almost like they have the titanic syndrome (this ship cant sink!).

I figure a good/simple faraday cage design would protect all the critical systems wouldnt it? Trasformers wrapped and grounded would do the trick?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:36:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kagetora] [#33]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
@Kagetora

About transformers, I heard the exact same thing on a coast2coast show few months ago. Replacement transformers are almost nonexistant and the protection for our powergrid is laughed at by those in charge. Its almost like they have the titanic syndrome (this ship cant sink!).

I figure a good/simple faraday cage design would protect all the critical systems wouldnt it? Trasformers wrapped and grounded would do the trick?
View Quote

Sure, but it's a practical/physical impossibility. Let me give you an example.

A single phase of my 500/230KV transformer, empty of oil and with the bushings, conservator, etc. removed from it, is a metal box roughly 20 feet on a side and the same tall. Weighs 190 tons, 380,000 pounds, without the 10,000 gallons of mineral oil, the huge oil-filled bushings that are easily another dozen feet long, the oil conservator tank that hangs off the top, etc.

When put together, it takes up a footprint/volume the size of a small house. For one phase. I have four of those in my yard, one for each phase, and, in an unusual stroke of luck, a single spare phase we could buss in if one of the others failed. The phases have to be separated by enough distance that if one of them is on fire, it doesn't destroy the others. 10,000 gallons of oil burns hot for a long time, so they're spread out.

To put a Faraday-cage like structure over it, the cage would have to stand-off from the conductors, bushing, busswork, etc by a MINIMUM of 10 feet. Absolute bare minimum. The 500KV line comes in to a massive dead-end tower structure, drops down onto station busswork and through a protective PCB, makes it's way over to transformer, then out on the 230KV secondary bushings to MORE busswork, another big metal structure, and drops down into my 230KV yard to another PCB and the rest of the system there.

There wouldn't be enough room to build individual cages around the phases. Despite being separated, they're still too close together for that, and there would have to be massive 20' diameter holes in it every time the buss came in or out. It would look like swiss cheese. So, you'd have to drop some comically-large metal-mesh dome over the entire area, roughly 100' high and 250'+ in diameter, with a few holes in it for the lines coming in and out of the protected zone.

And none of that would do jack shit anyway. The charged particles streaming past an energized 500KV line, which nominally runs at 540KV in my area, induces the SAME voltage spike onto it that it would onto the transformer under the cage. If it added enough induced voltage, it would destroy the transformer the line is directly attached to. The 500KV line to my station is about 60 miles long, but some are hundreds. That's a lot of area for the CME to induce a voltage on.

So, not only would all of the thousands and thousands of transformers on the continent need to be covered in ridiculously huge cages of potentially limited effectiveness (they have gaps in them for the lines in/out) that would bankrupt a nation to procure and build, but you'd have 17 hours or so to get to every one of them, shut down the grid, and disconnect them completely from the lines in/out.

It's laughable. Not your idea, or you, no. We've all though of it too. But the logistics involved...functionally impossible. If another Carrington event popped up, or one even bigger, you will be living in the 1800's instantly and for the rest of your life. Our civilization would collapse overnight.

As far as "can we get replacement transformers," the answer is yes. One at a time, with a roughly 2-year lead time, 6 months to ship it and get it set up. Everybody needs transformers. We've got shortages of manufacturers, materials, and money. Note, I'm not talking about the pole-top transformer by your house that feeds your property and could fit in the passenger seat of your truck. I'm talking LPT's, Large Power Transformers, 1000MVA and up, that make civilization possible for the reasons I explained in my last post. The transformer at my station is 40-ish years old, has already had two phases burn up in the late 90's and got "replacements" from elsewhere on the system that we're likely older. The spare phase in new, a few years old now. They typically have an expected life span of 25 years. The oldest I worked with were over in Washington State, at another of our stations. They were still running (and leaking oil everywhere, that's fun) at 60 years old. That was a decade ago. I think they're still there.

Our system is a patchwork of mis-matched components cobbled together over the last century and kept running by dedicated professionals watching our infrastructure and civilization collapse all around them every day. It actually wouldn't require a giant CME, terrorist attack, or what have you to cause massive, long-term blackouts. We'll do it to ourselves with simple neglect.

Even when you DO have a spare phase, which isn't common, it's likely not useable anywhere else on the system. Different impedence, MVA ratings, and a host of other factors make MOST transformers "one-off" custom builds. It just so happens that mine matched another on our system, over in the middle of WA. They lost a phase on one of their banks. A contracting company specializing in the job moved my existing spare phase over there. It took months. Drain the oil, disassemble the unit, lay a 380,000 pound hunk of metal down on it's side (too tall otherwise), bring in a specialized vehicle with 16 independently steered 16-wheel axels that split in two, clamped around the front and back of the transformer, lifted it about a foot into the air, then drove a wild, convoluted route between midnight and 6 am at 15 miles per hour max, trying to avoid roads and bridges that couldn't handle the weight, too-short overpasses, etc. Then reverse the process at the other end. It's INSANE.

Two years later, I was scheduled to get a replacement spare phase. Nope. Lost another one at the other station, so they re-routed mine there. Two years after that, I got my current spare phase. Just waiting for them to come grab it for that other station any week now, when another one of theirs fails.

Losing a dozen transformers all at once would devastate a local region. A hundred? The Pacific NW or a similar area. A thousand? Civilization is over. It's never coming back.

And that's what Russia is doing to Ukraine right now. Devastating their infrastructure, targeting their LPT's and stations with missiles. That affects ALL OF US DIRECTLY. When it's time to rebuild their wrecked grid, they'll be getting every LPT manufactured in the world for a decade. Which means we won't get any at all unless it's a ridiculous emergency, and then probably a 2+ year lead time. Russia is fisting all of us in the ass, RIGHT NOW, for decades to come.

Here's a bit of light reading, just in case you think I'm spilling state secrets or something. I'm not. This is common knowledge anywhere there's a power grid, in every country. Our own government put out this report a decade ago, updates it once in a while. The situation has just gotten worse.

LPT Study

There you go, freely available to everyone, including our enemies. Or the aliens, should they need the info for some reason too.

ETA: Spelling
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Kagetora:

Not an "expert," but I appreciate the shout-out. I work with the HV transmission grid every week (substation operator0, but I'm barely 25% of an engineer or designer.

Yes, a CME or other solar (or cosmic event, such as a strong source of cosmic rays bombarding us from nearby) could happen any moment. Usually we get about 3 days warning for a strong flare or minor CME, something that can fuck up satellites and comm systems but not so much hurt the grid.

The Carrington Event arrived in something like 17 hours. We've seen many other strong CME's that weren't pointed right at us travelling at similar speed. For reference, the sun is about 8.5 light-minutes away, so 17 hours is an eternity in light speed terms, but a very short time for human reactions.

It's my (limited) understanding that the charged particles streaming past the lines/equipment cause potentially serious voltage spikes. Voltage causes "movement," amperage causes "heat." Too much amperage melts things, too much voltage twists things. But, there's a more insidious damage. High voltage breaks down electrical insulation. It jumps gaps (movement). That's why as the voltage climbs, the size of insulators, amount of insulating oil/gas and size of equipment, and minimum approach distance increases.

A transformer is a miracle. And yet, it's nothing more than two windings of conductor surrounding a specialized iron core, bathed in oil and insulated by paper. The reason transformers are so important is the loss of power on lines. You lose power when transmitting it equal to the current squared times the resistance of the conductor. (I^2)R. So, if the dam/coal plant/nuke plant/wind farm/what the fuck ever is generating at, say, 50KV (they don't, it's usually 34.5KV or something like that, but 50KV makes my example math easier) and you need, say 50MW to feed your town (load center), you have to produce 1000 amps. That's because Watts = Volts x Amps. So, 50,000 volts x 1,000 amps = 50,000,000 Watts, or 50MW.

BTW, 50MW is a small load. Big cities use gigawatts, billions of watts.

Anyway, a mile of conductor might have an ohm of resistance. So, your losses on that line, per mile, are (1000^2)x1, or 1,000,000 amps per mile That's a lot of heat, and you can't push that power very far without either losing it or melting the conductors (in reality, we'd be talking AC power instead of DC, inductance vs resistance, but the concepts are the same).

What a transformer does is simple. One of the windings might be, say, 10x as numerous as the other winding. To create electricity, you need three things. A conductor, a magnetic field, and relative motion between them. The generator creates the electricity with either a stationary coil of conductor with a spinning magnet in it, or vice-versa. That relative motion between the two creates electrical flow. The transformer does the SAME THING, but it has two different windings, agains, let's say in a 10-1 ratio. Separated by nothing but paper and oil. The primary winding gets the flow of electricity from the generator. The constant flux of the collapsing/expanding AC electrical field creates the relative motion, 60 times a second. The combination of those two induces an electrical flow in the secondary winding.

the next concept is constant power. Watts don't change, just volts and amps. SO...if I pump 50KV at 1000 amps (50MW) into the primary, and the turns ratio is 10:1, the secondary gets 500KV at 100 amps (also 50MW).

NOW, the line loss is (100^2)x1, 10,000 per mile, instead of (1000^2)x1, 1,000,000 per mile. The transformer has cut the amount of electricity I lose transmitting it by a factor of 100. I can now transmit the electricity 100x as far with the same loss. At the other end, I reverse the process with another transformer to provide the amps required to power the equipment at the load center.

That's the basics of the power grid. Without transformers, you'd all have to live VERY close to the generating station to get any power at all. Transformers literally power civilization with their magic. No moving parts, just coils of wire, iron, oil, and paper in a big steel case.

Where do the CME's come in? Over-voltage destroys insulation. It will break down the oil/paper insulating value as the charged particles stream past the conductor, inducing a high voltage (remember, conductor + relative motion = electricity...the movement of the charged particles past the conductor does this). When the two winding in the transformer lose the insulation between them, and short-circuit to each other...

...Civilization ends. All at once. And won't be coming back. We don't have replacements for the transformers. No one does. They take years to make, months and months to move, and huge quantities of money. Not to mention raw materials are in short supply., and you need electricity to produce more of the magic core steel and everything else involved to build them, a Catch-22.

Experts have testified that the loss of power in this country would result in a 90% population loss in the first year. We have 57,000 substations, and the loss of the correct 9 of them could result in an 18-month power outage to large parts of the country. No, I don't know which 9, but others do.

Now imagine if a CME took out 57,000 of them all at once. And all the others over half of a globe, or the entire thing in a sustained event.

Save that last bullet for yourself.

So, that's my apocalypse story for today. I know how civilization will end, because I watch this system crumble around me every day.

Happy Thanksgiving.
View Quote

That’s worse than a nuclear war.  

"Weird" Al Yankovic - Amish Paradise (Parody of "Gangsta's Paradise" - Official HD Video)

I found this speculative documentary on it…  horrible.

Devastating Solar Storm Hits Earth (S1, E5) | Doomsday: 10 Ways the World Will End | Full Episode
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#35]
After all of this CME stuff, this episode seems like a good one,

Why We Like To Be Scared | Do You Enjoy Fear? This video will scare you. ??
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#37]
I just listened to the Serpo show as my first. Solid show/cast, will watch more.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 7:51:30 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

I really enjoyed that one. I am surprised he didn’t mention the Akashic records access As a possible explanation.

But… that might make a good episode.  Same with the clockwork elves.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#40]

I really enjoyed that one. I am surprised he didn’t mention the Akashic records access As a possible explanation.

View All Quotes

Yeah, that was a fun episode. I've always been down the rabbit hole of Egyptology, archaeology, and history. Although I might not be a believer in the afterlife, soul, or reincarnation, it's a fascinating subject to explore, and The Why Files put a great spin on it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:39:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Wonder if he would do a show on James Lienenger?    The boy who is the reincarnated soul of a WWII naval aviator (killed at Chichi Jima I think)
I don’t think there’s any debunking that one.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:09:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kagetora] [#42]
Wonder if he would do a show on James Lienenger?    The boy who is the reincarnated soul of a WWII naval aviator (killed at Chichi Jima I think)
I don’t think there’s any debunking that one.
View Quote

Someone believes they did, and published both an article in The Journal of Scientific Exploration and a counter-essay to the essay Leininger's father got awarded $20k for from the Bigelow Institute.

Article with links to others
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#43]

Yeah, that was a fun episode. I've always been down the rabbit hole of Egyptology, archaeology, and history. Although I might not be a believer in the afterlife, soul, or reincarnation, it's a fascinating subject to explore, and The Why Files put a great spin on it.
View All Quotes

There was a really good documentary called Patterns of Evidence: Exodus, that dove in to egyptology and suggested a few minor adjustments in the current mainstream timeline to match a whole lot of biblical and roman evidence. It was quite interesting.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 5:03:02 PM EDT
[#45]

I remember that being mentioned before.  It was only for rent on Amazon IIRC as I didn't have any service where it was free so I didn't see it but plan to if it pops up.

View All Quotes

There was a really good documentary called Patterns of Evidence: Exodus, that dove in to egyptology and suggested a few minor adjustments in the current mainstream timeline to match a whole lot of biblical and roman evidence. It was quite interesting.

I remember that being mentioned before.  It was only for rent on Amazon IIRC as I didn't have any service where it was free so I didn't see it but plan to if it pops up.

Amazon, you say? I'll have to look for it.

One of the reasons I quit being an archaeologist (besides the shitty pay) was the locked-in mindset of "the establishment" where questioning the previous research made you an outcast. It's a very closed, close-knit field of people, many of whom spend their entire lives and careers on just a few projects, and they don't like having their conclusions questioned in any way. Of course, they pass down said conclusions to their students like Moses hurling commandment tablets. So, it just perpetuates.

You'll notice that any time someone questions the status quo, they do so VERY carefully, in small, incremental steps. They make sure they have a ton of data to back it up. Doing it that way will generally get it accepted as a change in the canon. Coming up with a more radical large change, regardless of your evidence, is immediately dismissed out of hand. That means that idea won't be accepted for decades, and usually only when the evidence is overwhelming.

I'm a skeptic, for sure, but damn. That mindset is so far beyond mine I didn't want to deal with it. I'm at least open to new ideas and considering weird stuff. Not so much the world of archaeology. Egyptology is especially bad, as if you question anything, the Ministry of Antiquities or whoever immediately pulls your funding, cancels your permit, and you don't work in Egypt again.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 7:10:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: darkpaladin1] [#46]

Amazon, you say? I'll have to look for it.

One of the reasons I quit being an archaeologist (besides the shitty pay) was the locked-in mindset of "the establishment" where questioning the previous research made you an outcast. It's a very closed, close-knit field of people, many of whom spend their entire lives and careers on just a few projects, and they don't like having their conclusions questioned in any way. Of course, they pass down said conclusions to their students like Moses hurling commandment tablets. So, it just perpetuates.

You'll notice that any time someone questions the status quo, they do so VERY carefully, in small, incremental steps. They make sure they have a ton of data to back it up. Doing it that way will generally get it accepted as a change in the canon. Coming up with a more radical large change, regardless of your evidence, is immediately dismissed out of hand. That means that idea won't be accepted for decades, and usually only when the evidence is overwhelming.

I'm a skeptic, for sure, but damn. That mindset is so far beyond mine I didn't want to deal with it. I'm at least open to new ideas and considering weird stuff. Not so much the world of archaeology. Egyptology is especially bad, as if you question anything, the Ministry of Antiquities or whoever immediately pulls your funding, cancels your permit, and you don't work in Egypt again.
View Quote

A good skeptic requires proof commensurate to the level of the claim, but is also open minded enough to be willing to listen to those claims and honest enough to understand that sometimes established 'truth' has nuances that just aren't understood yet or are sometimes flat out wrong.  Unfortunately, too many people get personally invested in things and lose that open mindset.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Pluto is streaming it free right now, https://pluto.tv/on-demand/movies/patterns-of-evidence-the-exodus-2015-1-1?utm_medium=ossearch&utm_source=google
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 11:50:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#48]
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 3:13:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Whoa, this one is the best yet I think, AJ with the double "but..." ending, neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUFYnVXbLoY

Link Posted: 12/9/2022 3:28:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Huh.

Was watching his Q&A.  I don't like that nearly as much, but heard him rattle off whiskey tango fox and it made me a little curious about his back ground and came across this opinion piece he wrote.

https://yourvalley.net/stories/gentile-enough-is-enough-an-open-letter-to-arizona-scottsdale-leadership,203664

Page / 20
The Why Files (Page 2 of 20)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top