Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
@-Obsessed-

Just pulled it off the printer. Looks good. Shells fit with little wiggle room. If you decide to play with it again in the future, you could make the holes less deep. There might be a 1/4 if the case sticking out (still enough to grab and pull them out. I'll be using the block I printed off).

Thank you again dude. Really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 3:26:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SuperMoose:
@-Obsessed-

Just pulled it off the printer. Looks good. Shells fit with little wiggle room. If you decide to play with it again in the future, you could make the holes less deep. There might be a 1/4 if the case sticking out (still enough to grab and pull them out. I'll be using the block I printed off).

View Quote

How deep you want them to be? Admittedly I didn't consider changing it as I only thought to make the changes you prescribed. I'd be happy to make them more shallow...it would take two minutes.

ETA: I edited the Thingiverse file. now the holes are only half the depth of the case.

Sorry about that!
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

How deep you want them to be? Admittedly I didn't consider changing it as I only thought to make the changes you prescribed. I'd be happy to make them more shallow...it would take two minutes.

ETA: I edited the Thingiverse file. now the holes are only half the depth of the case.

Sorry about that!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
@-Obsessed-

Sorry about that!

No need to apologize! I didn't ask for that to be modified.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 1:15:25 AM EDT
[#4]

@SuperMoose

Done. Let me know what you think.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/10mm_Auto_Reloading_Tray_Remix_Pic_jpg-2109382.JPG

ETA: Good Luck with 800-X.  It is awesome stuff, but man...the way it meters.

I literally bought an Autotrickler just for it.

View All Quotes
I printed this STL for loading 6.5 Creedmoor. I was hoping someone could modify this one for me to use with 10mm (I'm using 800x and that stuff is like cornflakes...and I'd also like to try to keep it consistent as to the look ).

Ideally, the holes would be modified to be slightly smaller and the 6.5 Creedmoor text replaced with 10mm.

I took some measurements to hopefully make things easier.

The holes currently measure .478 (with my calipers). The 6.5 Creedmoor dimensions at the case head are .468 with a difference of .010. 10mm dimensions at the case head are .425. Thus the new holes should be .435 (.010 difference).

If anyone is able to tackle this...I'd be grateful. Thanks!

@SuperMoose

Done. Let me know what you think.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/10mm_Auto_Reloading_Tray_Remix_Pic_jpg-2109382.JPG

ETA: Good Luck with 800-X.  It is awesome stuff, but man...the way it meters.

I literally bought an Autotrickler just for it.

Can you modify the STL file for 5.7 x 28?
I.D. needs to be 0.330".
Pocket depth of around 0.425".

I need to learn Fusion 360 this winter.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 1:02:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#5]
Originally Posted By Thump_rrr:

Can you modify the STL file for 5.7 x 28?
I.D. needs to be 0.330".
Pocket depth of around 0.425".

I need to learn Fusion 360 this winter.

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Sounds good I should be able to knock that out in the next few days. Have a few other things I'm fighting with right now.

ETA:

@Thump_rrr

Done: Thingiverse Link

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Sounds good I should be able to knock that out in the next few days. Have a few other things I'm fighting with right now.

ETA:

@Thump_rrr

Done: Thingiverse Link

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/5_7_jpg-2134724.JPG
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Can anyone make this small gear for me?
Would need several (10 or so), as the teeth seem fragile.
All I have is the gear, no files.

Thanks,
Doc

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SenditDoc:
Can anyone make this small gear for me?
Would need several (10 or so), as the teeth seem fragile.
All I have is the gear, no files.

Thanks,
Doc

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/449353/20211019_012514_jpg-2135632.JPG
View Quote

I'll let @Rat_Patrol give his feedback but I'd assume you'd want a resin print. FDM could pull it off but it would be a rather rough gear. Using a tiny nozzle could help...but I only have a 0.4mm nozzle.

I'd be willing to sketch up the STL if someone else here is willing to pick up printing it. I'd give it a whirl of course but I'm thinking FDM isn't ideal here.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 12:20:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#10]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:

Of you are already breaking what appears to be nylon, you need the part to be metal.

I think fdm would print the teeth decent enough, but I doubt strong enough.

If @-Obsessed- wants to sketch it up, I'll print one out with carbon fiber petg, see what it looks like.
View Quote

He is mailing me the part. I'll sketch it up and send it your way.

Not sure how many of these gears he has broken, I assume only one (it is for a Nerf Gun and they do not sell replacement pieces). It may have just been a defect, but who knows.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 1:20:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SenditDoc] [#11]

He is mailing me the part. I'll sketch it up and send it your way.

Not sure how many of these gears he has broken, I assume only one (it is for a Nerf Gun and they do not sell replacement pieces). It may have just been a defect, but who knows.
View Quote

He had the nerf rifle for about 6 months and it broke. Called Hasbro and they replaced that Pharoah with another Pharoah. He opened that one up and used it for a cpl days. We were having a nerf war in the house and I was using it when the exact same gear broke. It's a bolt action. Rack back, put in battery, fire... I hear the little tooth rattling around in the gear housing... open it up, sure enough, the same gear broke. On the first gear, 2 teeth broke, on the second gear only 1 tooth.
This is the reason I asked for 10 or so.. when it breaks again lol, I'll be able to fix it and keep on truckin. Ultimately, it would be awesome if a part was made and lasted a long time... plastic though right.... lol don't see that happening.

Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:19:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#12]
Couldn't help myself. I got started without knowing the dimensions. I figured I could get close enough to do a test print.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I'll make the gear solid without inner material removed (shelling). It will need all the strength it can get. Assuming RP isn't wanting me to save him CF PETG.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:39:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SenditDoc] [#13]
Couldn't help myself. I got started without knowing the dimensions. I figured I could get close enough to do a test print.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/NerfGear_jpg-2136287.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/slice_jpg-2136289.JPG

I'll make the gear solid without inner material removed (shelling). It will need all the strength it can get. Assuming RP isn't wanting me to save him CF PETG.
View Quote

1" - diameter of wheel
1 1/4" - tooth - tooth
3/8" thickness
3mm - inside hole
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:54:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Hah, this will never happen again. I nailed it. Looks like the hole is just under 3mm, but looks like it is on yours too

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I even have the correct brand tape measure.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#15]
WOW, I'd swear you've already received the gear and I haven't even sent it yet...
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:10:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#16]
WOW, I'd swear you've already received the gear and I haven't even sent it yet...
View Quote

Looking at it the tooth pressure angle may be a bit off. I used a US standard vs ISO standard. I'll play around with it a bit when I get it.

@Rat_Patrol I'd be interested in seeing how you go about printing this. Nozzle size? Extrusion multiplier? I'm seeing leftover gaps as there is gap fill in the teeth. A smaller extrusion width would fix that. As would squishing extra filament via upping the EM but that might mess with the overall dimensions of the gear.

Teach me your ways oh knowledgeable one.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:13:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#17]
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:59:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperMoose] [#18]
@-Obsessed- another request if possible...

I want to make a bracket to attach to my Inline Fabrications wall mount to hold toolheads for my RL1100.

I found this STL. However, if possible, I'd like to widen the back plate so that the mounting holes are 5" on center. Is that possible?

Link Posted: 10/20/2021 11:07:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BEAST556] [#19]
I was just checking to see if any one can help me out with a part for my lyman 8 turret press. I love the press but when I deprime brass it spits spent primers everywhere and is driving me nuts. Thank you

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4169008

Scul
thank you very much for printing me the part, I appreciate it very much. It will be so nice to not have a floor full of spent primers.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 11:30:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By @BEAST556:
I was just checking to see if any one can help me out with a part for my lyman 8 turret press. I love the press but when I deprime brass it spits spent primers everywhere and is driving me nuts. Thank you

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4169008

View Quote

I can get this one tonight after work.  PM or email me for shipping.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#21]

I want to make a bracket to attach to my Inline Fabrications wall mount to hold toolheads for my RL1100.

I found this STL. However, if possible, I'd like to widen the back plate so that the mounting holes are 5" on center. Is that possible?

View Quote

Done.

Not sure what the spacer is for (it's listed under files on the thing you posted).  Let me know if you need any different modifications for the spacer, etc.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 2:08:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperMoose] [#22]

Done.

Not sure what the spacer is for (it's listed under files on the thing you posted).  Let me know if you need any different modifications for the spacer, etc.
View All Quotes

Done.

Printing this now. I gleaned that the spacer was to possibly push it off the wall a little for an aftermarket toolhead (based on a comment on the file). I'll let you know.

ETA: @-OBSESSED looks like it was right on the money sir!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Printing this now. I gleaned that the spacer was to possibly push it off the wall a little for an aftermarket toolhead (based on a comment on the file). I'll let you know.

ETA: @-OBSESSED looks like it was right on the money sir!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113377/21AC5726-9945-469D-A017-5AC25819D3AE_jpe-2138047.JPG
View Quote

Glad to hear it!

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm in a bit catch 22 situation, I ordered a MK3S+ kit and plan on greasing the bearings before assembly.

Can someone print me one of the greasing caps for the SuperLube tube?

Thanks in advance!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1128781
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By AmericaJr:
I'm in a bit catch 22 situation, I ordered a MK3S+ kit and plan on greasing the bearings before assembly.

Can someone print me one of the greasing caps for the SuperLube tube?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/277447/IMGP2571_display_large-2139381.jpg

Thanks in advance!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1128781
View Quote

The Prusa comes with that already.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#26]

The Prusa comes with that already.
View Quote

Sweet!  Guess I ought to wait to see what's in the box
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#27]
@-OBSESSED-

Got one more request for you..if you're willing and as your time allows. This one seems more complicated to be honest, so no is perfectly acceptable (of course that is true with any of the requests I made.

I tried printing this guys round counter for an RL1050 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3s60n6BztM (STL is in the video description. Apparently the fitment is different from the 1050 to the 1100 which I have.

Here are some pictures of the piece that I printed before the spool ran out of filament.

This is how I'd like it to sit.

Some measurements. The bin is moved forward .750 inches. There is a distance from the bracket where the angle begins to the bin of .350.

Is there a way to extend the rear portion to fit over that bar? The first image of the caliper from the back of the bar to the rear of the bin would need the .750 added (so it would be 2.52 inches by my math). Of course, this opens up the funnel portion more, which is fine. Lastly, can the hole in the base be opened up more? When I printed this the first time (different orientation and then other issues) a piece of 308 wouldn't fit through.

Happy to clarify if something doesn't make sense and this is a project you want to tackle. I suppose the underplate would need the same alterations (unless its just easier to make a new one).
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Looking for two STL. Im game to pay

First a gen 4 mag release but with the gen 3 spring cut

2nd, an extended olight pl mini 2 picatinny clamp so it can attach to smaller g43x frames.
The piece is actually pretty small and simple, I'll upload a pic tomorrow and if anyone is interested I'll start measuring

Basically the g43x frame is just a hair narrower than the narrowest clamp setting on the olight, giving it wiggle. So the same part needs to be made, but with the pic rail clamp part extended .1" or so
eta (the spring isn't captured, it's just sitting in the hole)

Link Posted: 10/26/2021 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#29]
@SuperMoose

Sorry, not trying to ghost you. I got COVID and it's whooping my arse pretty good.

I'm happy to take a crack at it. I don't own an RL1100 so we may need to go through an iteration or two if measurements need tweaking.

So you want the hole enlarged? To what size?

Do you want the funnel walls extended as well to make up the difference between the old bar hook location and it's new location?

Diameter of the bar?
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 2:36:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#30]
@SuperMoose

PM me your email address. I have the 1100 round counter finished. I'd prefer to send it to you directly and not post it on Thingiverse since it didn't come from there and I can't give proper credit to the creator.

Attachment Attached File

The bottom piece should be the same. Those dimensions didn't change.

Link Posted: 10/26/2021 2:40:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By cj3waker:
Looking for two STL. Im game to pay

First a gen 4 mag release but with the gen 3 spring cut

2nd, an extended olight pl mini 2 picatinny clamp so it can attach to smaller g43x frames.
The piece is actually pretty small and simple, I'll upload a pic tomorrow and if anyone is interested I'll start measuring

Basically the g43x frame is just a hair narrower than the narrowest clamp setting on the olight, giving it wiggle. So the same part needs to be made, but with the pic rail clamp part extended .1" or so
eta (the spring isn't captured, it's just sitting in the hole)

https://i.imgur.com/hPOJEKV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/90TGulQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/k69GQdZ.jpg
View Quote

@cj3waker

What do you plan on printing it out of?

Give me all the dimensions you can think of and I can start to sketch it out. be as detailed as you can.  Take pics/draw diagrams if that is easier.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:42:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#32]

I'll play with it, see what I get. Send the file to my user name at outlook.com and I'll take a look in the morning.

You have to a minimum of . 4 mm nozzle with CF, so I'll get it as tight as I can.

ETA: I'll mainly play with line extrusion width and perimeter numbers to infill. A thicker single perimeter and 100% infill , or thinner perimeters may be the best combo. I'll see what it looks like on the slicer

View Quote

@Rat_Patrol,

I'll send you the STL (@SenditDoc, I'll send it to you too, just IM me your email address if you haven't yet).

I had to thin the gear a bit (it's 5mm vs. the 6.5mm I guessed from looking at the pics). I also shrank the axle hole. note the actual size is about 2.57mm, which is basically a #38 machinist drill bit.  Not sure if you have that bit available and can ream out the center hole for SenditDoc or not.  If not, a 3/32 will work, and he'll just have to press fit the pin.

Also, this gear is not nylon. It looks like some super cheap, brittle, hard plastic. It's slick and has a Delrin-like appearance, but I don't think it's Delrin either.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 8:15:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#33]

@Rat_Patrol,

I'll send you the STL (@SenditDoc, I'll send it to you too, just IM me your email address if you haven't yet).

I had to thin the gear a bit (it's 5mm vs. the 6.5mm I guessed from looking at the pics). I also shrank the axle hole. note the actual size is about 2.57mm, which is basically a #38 machinist drill bit.  Not sure if you have that bit available and can ream out the center hole for SenditDoc or not.  If not, a 3/32 will work, and he'll just have to press fit the pin.

Also, this gear is not nylon. It looks like some super cheap, brittle, hard plastic. It's slick and has a Delrin-like appearance, but I don't think it's Delrin either.
View Quote

Deleted. No advertising w/o a dealer account. Rat_Patrol
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#34]

@Rat_Patrol,

View Quote

@Rat_Patrol
I received the gears today. Installed the gear and everything fit, except these gears you made are 8mm thick vs. 5MM of the original. I could not get the gear box to close because they were to thick.  Pic included.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 11:58:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#35]
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#36]
No worries. This is a great patience builder for my son, lol.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#37]
@-Obsessed-

Care to re-send the file?

Don't worry SenditDoc, we will get you some proper gears
View Quote

Sure, I'll resend it.  However, the STL shows the gear as 5mm thick?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 8:11:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#39]
Deleted.

I'm going to go with baiting LEO's into a confrontation isn't good for the community. Rat_Patrol

Link Posted: 11/7/2021 8:30:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SenditDoc] [#40]
Redacted.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#42]

I had to delete his request due to reasons.
View Quote

Lol, RGR!
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 9:11:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#43]
Deleted again.

That is neat and all, but you won't get involvement from here. You will have to learn CAD and make it yourself.

If you keep pushing the issue, I'll lock you from this forum.

Rat_Patrol

Link Posted: 11/8/2021 3:32:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SenditDoc] [#44]
Thank-you @-Obsessed- and @Rat_Patrol
We received the gears and have him up and shooting.
He said " Thank-you very much for fixing my ultra7, and for helping people... that's what God does so you must be good guys! "

Thank-you to @proheromk1, Didn't need you to make them as Rat_Patrol got it taken care of, but your willingness to help make the gears is dually noted, we truly appreciate it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 3:35:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#45]
Thank-you @-Obsessed- and @Rat_Patrol
We received the gears and have him up and shooting.
He said " Thank-you very much for fixing my ultra7, and for helping people... that's what God does! "

Thank-you to @proheromk1, Didn't need you to make them as Rat_Patrol got it taken care of, but your willingness to help make the gears is dually noted, we truly appreciate it.
View Quote

Awesome! Glad to hear they work! Sounds like your boy has a good heart, and a good head on his shoulders. Great job!

Let us know how they hold up! I'll be curious to hear!
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Awesome! Glad to hear they work! Sounds like your boy has a good heart, and a good head on his shoulders. Great job!

Let us know how they hold up! I'll be curious to hear!
View Quote

Absolutely, he's been shooting it for the last hour and it hasn't broke, I don't forsee the gear Rat_Patrol made breaking... the other gear that's made of the same cheap material as the 1 I sent you will break long before this new 1.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Can anyone make me a cookie cutter? My daughter is wanting to make these, and they require printing off a stencil and cutting them out. A cookie cutter would be way betterAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 5:05:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steviesterno16] [#49]
anybody have a way to do a 365 grip? It's not a firearm, as that gun uses a serialized FCU like the 320. I'm trying to figure out a way to build a flux brace style lower for it, to be a mini version of my 17 with the flux brace.

I don't need it spring loaded or anything, but I'm thinking using steel bars for the slides and maybe a basic, existing arm brace from thingverse.

thoughts?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 4:01:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: utahvarminter] [#50]
Forgive the Tinker Cad file - this is FAR from exact or ready to print.

STL file on Drop Box

Attachment Attached File

Basically low profile MLOK with off centerline attachment

The longer lightened one would be preferred, but if it's more complicated I included a simplified one too

Would be looking to get 2 at least - Willing to pay. Depending on outcome, I may want several...
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top