BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:17:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tholo:
Well, if their server goes down (and it does) your printer is a brick until you switch to LAN only.
They have also had a bug that started prints overnight on connected printers.
When mine was connected to the internet, I'd have to try multiple times to send a print. Now they just go through and it starts printing.
The only functionality that you lose is the Handy app on your phone, which was neat but not in any way required.
Well, I guess you also lose the ability to manage time lapse files on the machine from the slicer.

View Quote

I must have been living under a rock to not know that you can set it to LAN-only mode.

Or maybe I saw it somewhere but forgot it.

I was having intermittent problems with my cable internet service - it would have helped me if I had remembered that. I'm going to try it today.

https://wiki.bambulab.com/en/knowledge-sharing/enable-lan-mode

Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#2]
You can also use the SD card
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

The concern isn't what device is spying. It is WHO.

All of the ones you mentioned are American companies.

I'm not saying it matters. I don't give a shit if they watch me print anything. I personally thing the US spying on me is worse because they will actually do something about what they find. But that's just me.

Just stating that's the reason for the differentiation in behavior and perspective.
View Quote

Yeah I don't get the outrage. People are chill with their homeland doing fuckery with way more and greater consequences but hey it's the other guy that's worse.  

My life is going to be in shambles because the CCP knows I printed a baby groot out of olive green polymaker PLA on 06/13/23 @4:35pm vs the lidar map of my house that roomba updates daily.  

Link Posted: 2/17/2024 3:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're concerned, print out a lithphane or some other version of an image like this.  Get yourself on the "never monitor" list.  Also works for cheap chinee home security cameras.
Attachment Attached File

modernproblems.jpg
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 4:36:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#5]
Originally Posted By targetworks:

I must have been living under a rock to not know that you can set it to LAN-only mode.

I was having intermittent problems with my cable internet service - it would have helped me if I had remembered that. I'm going to try it today.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Well, if their server goes down (and it does) your printer is a brick until you switch to LAN only.
They have also had a bug that started prints overnight on connected printers.
When mine was connected to the internet, I'd have to try multiple times to send a print. Now they just go through and it starts printing.
The only functionality that you lose is the Handy app on your phone, which was neat but not in any way required.
Well, I guess you also lose the ability to manage time lapse files on the machine from the slicer.

Thought I would set up my P1S for LAN-only mode, in case I should need to print if I have a future internet outage.

Bzzzzzzt - wrong answer.

What a shit show.

Followed the instructions, but no dice.

Now I'm trying to get it back to where it was previously - it looks like maybe I need to log in to the printer via the 'handy' app or something.

If that fails I will try reinstalling it.

I repeat - what a shit show.

ETA: I managed to restore the prior configuration, using the 'handy' app - and I'm now doing a print job.

While restoring the connection in Bambu Studio it prompted me to install the updated network interface .zip file that I had previously downloaded and unzipped according to the LAN-only instructions - not going to attempt LAN-only again, because who even knows whether that would run into the same problems - since the instructions in the wiki evidently are not matched with the current operation of the system.

Have I mentioned this already? What a shit show...

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#6]
So I just got the E3D ObXidian hot end. What do I to tweak to make it do its thing? I had assumed I could choose a new hotend in the slicer but I'm not seeing that's do I need to tweak the volumetric setting in every material I use?
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ORjeepguy:

I'm not looking forward to that

On a different note, I went to ikea and picked up a bookcase for filament storage. Way better than piled up everywhere.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/185965/20231230_144739_jpg-3076322.JPG
View Quote

Im catching up, Just ordered 18 more spools.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jm0502:

Im catching up, Just ordered 18 more spools.
View Quote

Just ordered 22. I'm super low. I only have maybe 40kg on hand.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Just ordered 22. I'm super low. I only have maybe 40kg on hand.
View Quote

Well damn. Still need a dehumidifier. So far the sealed spools seem ok
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Well damn. Still need a dehumidifier. So far the sealed spools seem ok
View Quote

Sounds like you're putting the cart before the horse!
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 12:40:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll order one tomorrow. Wish the 4 spool was available from sunlu
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 12:59:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#12]
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Pulled the trigger on an X1 Carbon combo this morning.  Ordered the textured PEI sheet as well.

Time to upgrade my trusty, but well-used Prusa Mk 3.  :)
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ParityError:
Pulled the trigger on an X1 Carbon combo this morning.  Ordered the textured PEI sheet as well.

View Quote

Just passed 10,500 hours on my orange MK3S+.

Might be a record. My Green one is practically new at 4,000 hours.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 12:54:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gage] [#15]

View Quote
@ParityError
Did you opt for the AMS?
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Gage:
@ParityError
Did you opt for the AMS?
View Quote

I did.  :)

Printing an around the side poop chute and tray for it now on my Prusa.  Might as well get a head start.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:49:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gtfoxy] [#17]
Has anyone done any multcolor prints in ABS?

Printing an around the side poop chute and tray for it now on my Prusa.  Might as well get a head start.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gage:
@ParityError
Did you opt for the AMS?

I made a simple rectangular box that sits behind it. Most side ones I’ve seen don’t seem compatible with rear or side mount spools, which are needed for some filaments like TPU.

Maybe others found it not to be an issue.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#18]
An atomic spool will fit above the around-the-side poop chute I printed.
But in general if I'm not using the ams, I'm printing a material that needs to be in a dry box or dehydrator set off to the side.
I forgot about the spool holder on the back until I cleaned the poops that missed the chute yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:38:26 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

X1c doesn't come with the PEI sheet? I have a P1S and it came with a textered PEI build sheet. I assumed the X1 did too.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:22:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ScooterInVegas:

X1c doesn't come with the PEI sheet? I have a P1S and it came with a textered PEI build sheet. I assumed the X1 did too.
View Quote

Originally the X1C came with the cool/engineering sheet. But I've seen reports of them phasing that out and some units are being shipped with the gold PEI sheet.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Yesterday I found out a pretty big difference in ABS’s when I ran some prints with Inland ABS.

So far I have burned about 6 spools of Bambu ABS with one print being almost 14hrs. In that time I have seen my air purifier read a maximum of maybe 4-5ppm during prints. I actually thought maybe it didn’t really work, but the room never smelled like ABS & the only time I would really smell it was when I’d retrieve a print right when it was done.

Last night I did a print with Inland ABS that was about 5hrs. I went into the room at about 4hrs & it had a slight smell of ABS so I checked the air purifier & it was reading 19ppm. I opened the door for a second to have a closer look to make sure it hadn’t separated from the plate & the fumes about knocked me out.

I cant believe how much of a difference, as far as VOC’s are concerned, there is between the two brands.

I’m getting the Bento box wired up tomorrow & I’ll run some more prints with the Inland ABS to see how much it helps.

Originally Posted By tnertb:

Originally the X1C came with the cool/engineering sheet. But I've seen reports of them phasing that out and some units are being shipped with the gold PEI sheet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ScooterInVegas:

I got my X1C last month & it  came with a cool/ engineering plate. I ordered a PEI plate separately.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:57:09 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
the engineering plate is my favorite, followed by the bambu textured plate.
I've tried some pei from amazon, and most are not great. One was bad enough that I used it as a host for another cool plate sticker I had, which worked very well. I like having a cool plate separate from the engineering plate in case i want to run something in PLA, but don't want to wash the engineering plate yet.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

@jim0502

Go to SUNLU’s eBay store. They have S4 dryers there while their website shows out of stock.

I ordered 2 along with 30 spools of filament with their Buy 4 get 6 deal. After tax it came out to $14/Kg roll.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Printer arrived, just set it up, and it is playing the song of its people (calibration).  Mine came with the textured plate, no engineering plate.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:07:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#25]
Originally Posted By gtfoxy:

@jim0502

Go to SUNLU’s eBay store. They have S4 dryers there while their website shows out of stock.

I ordered 2 along with 30 spools of filament with their Buy 4 get 6 deal. After tax it came out to $14/Kg roll.
View All Quotes

@jim0502

I tried mightily to resist ordering a Sunlu S4 from the eBay store (with the 20% off coupon code), but in a moment of weakness I succumbed to the urge and placed an order for one. Yes, it's more expensive than the Kickstarter price and subsequent discounted pricing that I had seen (which is no longer available), but it's not that much more expensive than it was.

Thanks! (I think) - Reviews (including one very detailed youtube video) certainly looked favorable.

I've never printed TPU or nylon, but I may want to do so in the future, and so that helped sway my impulsive decision to buy one.

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:16:33 AM EDT
[#26]

I tried mightily to resist ordering a Sunlu S4 from the eBay store (with the 20% off coupon code), but in a moment of weakness I succumbed to the urge and placed an order for one. Yes, it's more expensive than the Kickstarter price and subsequent discounted pricing that I had seen (which is no longer available), but it's not that much more expensive than it was.

Thanks! (I think) - Reviews (including one very detailed youtube video) certainly looked favorable.

I've never printed TPU or nylon, but I may want to do so in the future, and so that helped sway my impulsive decision to buy one.

View All Quotes

@jim0502

I feel you.

I haven’t used eBay in probably 15yrs, & reeeealy didn’t want to now. I even made a new account because I don’t even remember what email I used way back over 20+ years  ago.

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#27]
The nozzle wipe feature on these printers is brilliant.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Enjoying my x1c a lot.  That thing is so easy and light years ahead of my oaf ender.

It's as close to plug and play as possibly imaginable.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By delemorte:
Enjoying my x1c a lot.  That thing is so easy and light years ahead of my oaf ender.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/127073/1000007291_jpg-3151857.JPG
View Quote

What filament material is that?

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:57:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: delemorte] [#30]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By delemorte:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/127073/1000007291_jpg-3151857.JPG

Pla-cf.

ETA. It's what I have on hand. Thinking about picking up some petg-cf and nylon.. I just got this and am figuring it out.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 3:53:41 AM EDT
[#31]
I’m >< this close to ordering a X1 is there anything else I  should grab when I make my initial order?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:05:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By GenoGS:
I’m >< this close to ordering a X1 is there anything else I  should grab when I make my initial order?
View Quote

Filament, nozzles, the liquid glue, additional plates depending on which your comes with. I had to order the PEI plate separately, where it seems others have came with it rather than the cool/ engineering plate.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#33]

Filament, nozzles, the liquid glue, additional plates depending on which your comes with. I had to order the PEI plate separately, where it seems others have came with it rather than the cool/ engineering plate.
View Quote

It looks like the cool plate has been discontinued.  It is no longer offered on the site.  Mine shipped with a textured PEI plate.

They have a high temp / engineering plate in stock and a dual sided smooth PEI plate which is backordered until 4/15.  

I didn't get a glue stick with my printer, since I got the textured plate.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:41:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tholo] [#34]
P1S bros, a quick reminder for me please?
Do you have lan-only mode?

ETA: nevermind, that was easy to find. Yes you do.

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#35]
I have to out myself as a dumbass.

Had a little piece of filament get stuck in the extruder.  Followed videos, pulled extruder and cleared it.  Put it back together, everything worked, except one thing.  Every attempt to switch filament failed with a “failed to pull back”.

Lots of troubleshooting, bypassing PTFE tubes / couplers.  Nothing helped.

Finally figured it out - when I put it back together, the filament cutoff blade missed the slot and laid up alongside the arm.  

Yeah, if it can’t cut the filament, it can’t pull it back….

Put blade in proper position and back to printing and switching filaments like a boss.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Saw this on Reddit. Looks like the next firmware will save 25% of purge filament.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BambuLab/s/Avw8aH5IOr
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By PC-Tech:
Saw this on Reddit. Looks like the next firmware will save 25% of purge filament.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BambuLab/s/Avw8aH5IOr
View Quote

You can already tune the purge amounts. Seems odd that they built it into firmware.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#38]

You can already tune the purge amounts. Seems odd that they built it into firmware.
View Quote

It is basically just giving you a better zero to start from.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Tim_AZ:

It is basically just giving you a better zero to start from.
View Quote

Fair enough. They are very conservative purge volumes.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:48:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tholo] [#40]
The white to red purge is just barely not enough.
First layer is still pink
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Thankfully it's easy enough to modify that.

I have found all my default auto calculations have been probably 40% conservative. I've experienced zero color bleed thus far. I did have one issue where I used dark PLA for support on a dark PETG print and the purge was insufficient to get my layer adhesion up to snuff. I tripled the purge volume and it's perfect now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:40:13 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

I think one or maybe even 2 layers of white is just thin and the red is showing through it.
This was my experience with white over green.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Something I have been doing is using a layer or three of a matte color when going from dark to light.  For instance if I have a predominately black object with a raised area in yellow, I'll throw down 3 layers of matte yellow then change to the regular yellow.  It dulls the color slightly but it beats being able to see through it. Playing with hueforge has taught me a lot about color transmission.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:20:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2JokersWild] [#44]
Looks like my non Bambu filaments dont quite fit in the AMS. The lid just doesnt fully close. I suspect this is a bit of a "gotchya!" on Bambus part which would steer users to their filaments since their spools are ever so slightly smaller and thus properly fits in the AMS. Are there any clever work arounds for this? Or just drop the larger diameter spool in the AMS and open the lid when printing to make sure the spool spins freely and close the lid (As much as possible) when done?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
Looks like my non Bambu filaments dont quite fit in the AMS. The lid just doesnt fully close. I suspect this is a bit of a "gotchya!" on Bambus part which would steer users to their filaments since their spools are ever so slightly smaller and thus properly fits in the AMS. Are there any clever work arounds for this? Or just drop the larger diameter spool in the AMS and open the lid when printing to make sure the spool spins freely and close the lid (As much as possible) when done?
View Quote

Depends on what the filament brand is; there are a few spool adapters in printables.com that will allow the use of different brand filaments in bambu spools.  If the spool has a carboard center a spool adapter should work.  If you dont have that another thing people have done is gone with a hydra ams mod or with various lid spacers 1 / 2
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:33:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tholo] [#46]
I currently use this printed in tpu.
Wedge shaped riser
Atomic spools still dont feed well from ams until a little is used because they fill the spools to the brim.
the Hydra Pro  is the nuclear option to rebuild your ams.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#47]
I plan on trying Hydra Pro. I have a lot of small spools that also don't work.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:13:27 PM EDT
[#48]
The ABS thread made me think of 2 new filamanets Bambu  has started selling recently. Not sure how heavily they marketed it in case you guys didn't see it.

ABS-GF https://us.store.bambulab.com/products/abs-gf

and more color options than standard black/grey in the PA6-GF world as well https://us.store.bambulab.com/products/pa6-gf
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:01:11 AM EDT
[#49]
So, I'm trying to understand this. In Bambu Labs theres two tabs along the top, Prepare and Device. If I click Prepare thats where you do all the setuip for the model you want to print. Specifically you can define the filaments available to use for the print. However in the Device pane in the middle right you can see the filaments loaded in the AMS. Any Bambu filament is auto sensed but others need to be manually defined.

Whats throwing me off is whether theres a way to sync the filaments configured in the Prepare tab to the filaments loaded in the AMS in the Device tab. Its a bit odd to me these filaments dont sync up between the two tabs. Also, it looks like TPU isnt officially supported in the AMS? Anyone have experience with this? Do you just load TPU and configure it as standard PLA in the AMS and use TPU settings in the Prepare tab to get the right print settings for TPU?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:06:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
So, I'm trying to understand this. In Bambu Labs theres two tabs along the top, Prepare and Device. If I click Prepare thats where you do all the setuip for the model you want to print. Specifically you can define the filaments available to use for the print. However in the Device pane in the middle right you can see the filaments loaded in the AMS. Any Bambu filament is auto sensed but others need to be manually defined.

Whats throwing me off is whether theres a way to sync the filaments configured in the Prepare tab to the filaments loaded in the AMS in the Device tab. Its a bit odd to me these filaments dont sync up between the two tabs. Also, it looks like TPU isnt officially supported in the AMS? Anyone have experience with this? Do you just load TPU and configure it as standard PLA in the AMS and use TPU settings in the Prepare tab to get the right print settings for TPU?
View Quote

They strongly recommend not using TPU in the AMS, but rather the spool holder on the back if the printer.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top