Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 12:17:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I just started my first ABS print, a spool cover for drying on the bed of my X1C. I loaded the Bambu ABS into the AMS, set the filament in the slicer, and sent to the printer. 10 layers in, it looks flawless. This printer is badass.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 4:29:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
I'd take the tray out of the bottom of the box and check the two plugs underneath that connect to the board on the back of the case. I could totally see those coming loose in transit.
View Quote

That was exactly what the problem was. Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By chevrofreak:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I'd take the tray out of the bottom of the box and check the two plugs underneath that connect to the board on the back of the case. I could totally see those coming loose in transit.

YAY!!    Great job @NunyaBidness

I just started my first ABS print, a spool cover for drying on the bed of my X1C. I loaded the Bambu ABS into the AMS, set the filament in the slicer, and sent to the printer. 10 layers
in, it looks flawless. This printer is badass.

I did the same recently with both ABS and PA-CF.  Both worked great.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

Nice! Get used to taking it apart because if your filament is even slightly brittle it will break off in retraction and you'll need to pull it out manually from underneath.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice! Get used to taking it apart because if your filament is even slightly brittle it will break off in retraction and you'll need to pull it out manually from underneath.
View Quote

I'm not looking forward to that

On a different note, I went to ikea and picked up a bookcase for filament storage. Way better than piled up everywhere.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ORjeepguy:

On a different note, I went to ikea and picked up a bookcase for filament storage. Way better than piled up everywhere.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/185965/20231230_144739_jpg-3076322.JPG
View Quote

Freakin baller! Are you in the Bambu discount filament program or whatever they call it?
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#7]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/185965/20231230_144739_jpg-3076322.JPG
View Quote
I'm using your picture to convince my wife that I don't have a filament problem, lol. "How many spools of black do you need?" Me: "Well, you see this is ABS, that is ASA, Nylon Carbon Fiber, PLA, PLA Matte, TPU and PETG over there. So seven, I guess."
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Cojach:

Freakin baller! Are you in the Bambu discount filament program or whatever they call it?
View Quote

Yeah, it's not much of a deal. 8 rolls a month for 6 months. Most of these were purchased on their black Friday sale.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm using your picture to convince my wife that I don't have a filament problem, lol. "How many spools of black do you need?" Me: "Well, you see this is ABS, that is ASA, Nylon Carbon Fiber, PLA, PLA Matte, TPU and PETG over there. So seven, I guess."
View Quote

My wife walked in after organizing it all. Just says
"Wow..."
Turns and walks out.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#10]

"Wow..."
Turns and walks out.
View All Quotes

"Wow..."
Turns and walks out.
I bought my wife a Cricut for her birthday a few years ago so she has a closet full of vinyl sheet rolls so I have that leverage. She uses the hell out of it and makes cool stuff so I won't complain.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Need to change this one to boxes of filament.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 10:48:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By tnertb:
Need to change this one to boxes of filament.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#13]
After months of going back & forth between the MK4 & X1C, I think I’m about ready to pull the trigger on an X1C w/ AMS.

Picking up a few PEI plates, extra .4 & .6 hardened nozzles assemblies and ABS, PLA PAHT-CF, PETG / CF.

Anything else I should get or consider?

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By gtfoxy:
After months of going back & forth between the MK4 & X1C, I think I’m about ready to pull the trigger on an X1C w/ AMS.

Picking up a few PEI plates, extra .4 & .6 hardened nozzles assemblies and ABS, PLA PAHT-CF, PETG / CF.

View Quote

An aftermarket hotend so you can actually print as fast as you think you'll be able to.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#15]
If I did it over, I'd skip the AMS. I haven't tried using it for support material, only for multi-color. It does multi-color well.
I don't think Prusa has a good alternative (I know about the MMU2/3, but it seems like people are futzing with them, not printing with them.)

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:11:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Tholo:
If I did it over, I'd skip the AMS. I haven't tried using it for support material, only for multi-color. It does multi-color well.
I don't think Prusa has a good alternative (I know about the MMU2/3, but it seems like people are futzing with them, not printing with them.)

View Quote

I don't do many multi color prints. What I like best about the AMS is being able to have 4 (soon to be 8) different filaments loaded up and ready to go. Easy switch over for different materials or colors that I use often.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:17:59 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I can say the MMU3 is pretty damn reliable. I've done about 120 trouble free MMU prints in a row without a single fault.

It's a hell of a lot better than the MMU2 I had.

For what that's worth.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

An aftermarket hotend so you can actually print as fast as you think you'll be able to.
View All Quotes

I don’t really have any illusions of productivity as it stands, but now that some upgrades are becoming more mainstream I am certainly not ruling out doing some to improve said productivity as the need arises.

I appreciate the input.

The color change aspect is not the primary motive for the AMS, ATM. I’ll be running a very large batch of ABS parts exceeding the capacity of several spools, so the ability to keep rolling without changing them one at a time, while maintaining the ability for multi-color, & multi filament, is a big plus for me.

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 12:54:02 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes
After months of going back & forth between the MK4 & X1C, I think I'm about ready to pull the trigger on an X1C w/ AMS.

X1C with a .4 hotend is right around 4x as fast as an Ender 3v2. How much faster does the E3d hotend make it? I'm going to order when they're back in stock.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#20]
X1C with a .4 hotend is right around 4x as fast as an Ender 3v2. How much faster does the E3d hotend make it? I'm going to order when they're back in stock.
View Quote

Depends on layer height, but generally the stock hotend maxes out on a 0.4 at about 0.15mm layer height.

The E3D can deliver full speed on a 0.6mm nozzle on a 0.25mm layer height, maybe more.

If you want to print a lot of filament fast, you need a new hotend. My MK3S bedslinger outruns a stock Bambu on the designs I print just due to volumetric flow rate limitations.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Man, I love this thing (P1P with S upgrade). I've started messing with different materials like ASA and TPU. I'm loving ASA so far. It looks similar to PLA but has the strength of ABS. TPU has been real handy. Being able to make custom strain reliefs for connectors like this Powerpole flexible boot is a nice money saver.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Is ASA something that needs outside venting?
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 5:54:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancow] [#23]
Originally Posted By rcav8r:
View Quote

Yea, they recommend it for ASA, ABS and TPU. Here's what I did. I made a box that's I think 100x100mm with a 2" shroud opening. I made two flanges on it and used 3M double sticky tape to attach two magnets so they are flush with the suface. I then got a slinky at Walmart and stretched it out about 18" and wrapped it in a layer of garbage bag. I ran some thin clear tape down the seam and then taped it around the ends of the slinky. Essentially, it made a small 2" dryer vent type duct. I wanted something ultra flexible that would hold shape. I printed a second flange plate and used a hole saw to cut a 2" hole in the window sill board that my ham radio antenna bulkhead mount is mounted to. I screwed the flange over the hole and used zip ties to keep the hose on each end. My printer is on a table right by the window so it works amazingly well and the hose stays in place if I move the printer around a bit. I can just pop it off the back since it's magnetic too. So far, it seems to work really well and I haven't noticed any fumes in the room with several hours of printing ASA and TPU.

Now that I think about it I need to make another setup like it for the other window behind the soldering desk for the fume extractor.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Yeah, it can be bad. I'm trying to research now whether air scrubbers (bentobox) and oversize carbon filter room air filters would work. I'm probably going to have to an air quality meter to answer the question.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 9:12:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nikdfish] [#25]
View Quote

Using a different enclosed machine (x-max3), I've been making do with a recirculating activated charcoal filter inside the enclosure and another activated charcoal filter on the enclosure exhaust fan.  Between the two, there is no detectable odor.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Really leaning toward getting a X1E now.

The cabinet heater & extra ventilation filtering sound nice to have out of the box.

Anyone else jump on the pre-order?
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:51:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#30]
Bambu released a statement today that they will begin allowing 3rd party firmware like the new X1+ firmware. They said it'll be a "one-way ticket" where if you upgrade to the "R" firmware that allows root access, you won't be able to use other Bambu firmware without loosing that functionality. What's interesting is that they said that they're developing "APIs and SDKs for third-party developers, which were already on our roadmap. We will have official support for third-party apps or plugins down the road, but all the infrastructures take time and careful development work."

https://blog.bambulab.com/rooted-the-good-the-bad-and-freedom-of-choice/
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Wife bought me a second AMS for Christmas for my bambu printer.

Designed a stand out of aluminum so I could stack them. I'll likely, eventually, buy two more AMS. Figured I'd make two stands at once.

I think I'll like it.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:13:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Wife bought me a second AMS for Christmas for my bambu printer.
Designed a stand out of aluminum so I could stack them. I'll likely, eventually, buy two more AMS. Figured I'd make two stands at once.
I think I'll like it.
View Quote

Very nice!
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Nice thing is you dont need to purchase the AMS hub to use both AMS's either, you can print out a y splitter and it works like a charm
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By sanitywarped:
Nice thing is you dont need to purchase the AMS hub to use both AMS's either, you can print out a y splitter and it works like a charm
View Quote

Good to know. Wife bought the hub with the ams though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 9:21:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PC-Tech] [#35]
Was looking to order some backup parts for when the E3d Hot end comes back into stock, and found this coming soon.  

https://us.store.bambulab.com/products/bambu-4-in-1-ptfe-adapter

The Bambu 4-in-1 PTFE Adapter is an adapter used to connect the PTFE tube. Compared to the original PTFE tube connector, the 4-in-1 adapter can connect 4 feeder modules to the printer at the same time. (up to 7 different filaments: 1 AMS and other 3 filaments)

It can help users to connect the printer to AMS along with other filaments that are not compatible with AMS such as TPU 95A, Bambu PET-CF, and other brands' carbon-fiber/glass-fiber contained filaments.

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Price wise its not terrible (though i havent calculated shipping/handling).  To print one yourself unless you have the connectors would cost more (though I always have both ecas and PC4-M10 connectors). Also with this one Bambu is stretching the truth saying that it is only for 1 AMS and 3 other filament spools, since technically you could run 4 AMS units to it and it would work.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:44:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PC-Tech] [#37]
They're in stock now, so I bought one to see how it does.

And Sold Out.

Looks like they added some instructions to their wiki:
https://wiki.bambulab.com/en/parts-acc/ptfe_adapter
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Got the part in. Now I need to get one of those dryer box you can print from for my Nylon.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#39]
A1 owners... watch your bed cable.

BambuLab A1 Bed Wire Failure - PSA TO OWNERS!
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Have we already discussed the X1E?
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#41]
$1000 upcharge for an ethernet port and 20 degrees in the hotend.

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 5:14:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gtfoxy] [#43]
Have we already discussed the X1E?
View Quote

I was leaning towards going that route. I liked the idea of the heated chamber & filtration as well as direct Ethernet communication.

An extra $1K was a hefty upgrade price, but I was willing to give it a try.

On their website they say contact them or go to a 3rd party vendor. Matterhackers shows it for preorder, but I had to contact them in order to get a link to add to cart. That was Jan 12 & their website was showing an in stock date of 1/16. I held off to see if they could meet their date.

As it turns out they bumped back the date to 1/29, so I held off again. I checked their sight on the 26th again & low & behold the date had been moved back again to 2/15.

Frustrated I contacted Bambi directly regarding a direct order. I have yet to hear back.

I gave up & ordered an X1C the other day. I will add a Bento box & a chamber heater I’m making myself.

Hopefully the firmware version is old enough I can use X1 Plus.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:56:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gtfoxy] [#44]
I have an interesting issue that I’m curious if anyone else has encountered it. Some how Bambu Suite is locking my SD card adapters some how. Not the card, just the adapter. & no the tabs are not on lock.

The X1C showed up yesterday & I am only using the SD card right now. I was using an 8GB card & adapter. I deleted excess files off the card before loading up G-Code for a print through the Bambu Slicer

Ran the print & brought it back to load another one. Wouldn’t let me, nor could I delete any files from the card. It was saying it was locked. Frustrated I grabbed another adapter I had on the desk & it worked fine.

Loaded another G-code & ran another print. After it was done I put it in the computer with the same adapter I had just used & it was telling me it was locked again.

Further frustrated I even ran diskstat & cleared attributes. No dice! Still locked. I also tried another 32GB card in both of the adapters & that was showing locked as well.

I went into my Go Pro bag & grabbed another adapter & put the 8GB card in & it was fine. This print I ran Orca Slicer for the next print. After that was done I had no issue with deleting or writing files.

So now I have two adapters that somehow Bambu managed to brick. Anyone have any idea how that is happening or a way to fix it?

Add: The firmware version on the printer I just received is 1.7.1.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Are you guys worried about your Bambu printer sending information back to the company about what you are printing? Do you leave yours disconnected from the internet and locked out so it doesn't?
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:48:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm not doing critical dod parts either.  I still run LAN only mode because fuckem that's why.
It's faster to transmit locally, and nothing is lost now that the camera works in local mode.
Frankly the early firmware that disabled the camera in lan-only was pretty stupid.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:50:36 AM EDT
[#48]
I have to laugh at this latest freakout going around.  "omg bambu is spying on me!!"

Meanwhile majority of those people have siri, alexa, open facebook accounts, decade old accounts across 27 forums, smart watches relaying their health to their phones which has 11ty apps feeding their info to god know where and so on but no Bambu is the evil doer in the world collecting you printing benchys.

I guarantee that you are leaving much bigger bread crumbs from other sources than anything the printer is supposedly collecting.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By tnertb:
I have to laugh at this latest freakout going around.  "omg bambu is spying on me!!"

Meanwhile majority of those people have siri, alexa, open facebook accounts, decade old accounts across 27 forums, smart watches relaying their health to their phones which has 11ty apps feeding their info to god know where and so on but no Bambu is the evil doer in the world collecting you printing benchys.

I guarantee that you are leaving much bigger bread crumbs from other sources than anything the printer is supposedly collecting.
View Quote

The concern isn't what device is spying. It is WHO.

All of the ones you mentioned are American companies.

I'm not saying it matters. I don't give a shit if they watch me print anything. I personally thing the US spying on me is worse because they will actually do something about what they find. But that's just me.

Just stating that's the reason for the differentiation in behavior and perspective.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Well, if their server goes down (and it does) your printer is a brick until you switch to LAN only.
They have also had a bug that started prints overnight on connected printers.
When mine was connected to the internet, I'd have to try multiple times to send a print. Now they just go through and it starts printing.
The only functionality that you lose is the Handy app on your phone, which was neat but not in any way required.
Well, I guess you also lose the ability to manage time lapse files on the machine from the slicer.

Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top