Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:25:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Prusa mk4 (started life as an mk3s+) for bigger more durable stuff

Elegoo saturn for detailed pretty stuff

Completely happy with both

Prior units....too many to mention,  all sold or given away because they didn't perform up to the two current
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:58:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jhereg] [#2]
Originally Posted By Tholo:
Let's do some data mining like GD.
I'll start:
Ender 3 - sold cheap to sucker somebody else into the hobby side
Ender 5 S1 - sold cheap to the Ender 3 guy, who sold the 3 again for the same reason. Spreading the love. Eta: both of these still run well.
Bambu x1 combo - currently running
Voron 2.4 350 - under construction
At work:
Prusa mk 4, qidi xmax 3, bambu p1s
All of these worked straight out of the box with no fooling around.
View Quote

I've got 3 Ender 3 Pros.  4.2.7 boards, touch screens, metal bed, cheap creality direct drive hot ends, and filament detectors.   Just started messing w/ something other than PLA.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad to see I'm not the only one with an Elegoo.

I have:
Neptune 4 Pro × 6
Neptune 4 Plus × 1
Neptune 4 Max x 1

I bought all of these within a few weeks and have been happy with all of them. Working on starting a business and wanted the same printers to save time and headaches.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Ender 3 Pro, with the SKR Mini board and hacked-in BL Touch just got replaced with a Qidi Q1 Pro. I am still floored by the speed of it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Fairly well modified CR10S4

Think I'm going to end up building a Voron in similar size (if nothing else reuse my 400x400 A/C heated bed)
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:10:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami02TJ] [#6]
Prusa mk 4 ... bambu p1s
View Quote

Thoughts between the two?  I'm looking at upgrading my MK3S+ to something faster and those are the two I'm debating about.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:32:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami02TJ] [#7]
I've been running my Prusa i3 MK3S+ for almost 5 years now.  I don't run it 24/7 and mostly just design and print crap for around the house, 2a stuff, and just other random shit.  But..

It's used, and often (printed straight for three weeks when I started getting into printing lowers - without one bag print)

I've only had to replace the bed temp sensor

Never have issues painting anything.  It just works without any tinkering.  Eats PLA, PLA+, PETG like nothing, all day long. I don't even remember the last time I got a bad print, must have been years ago...

My last print... Overture Super PLA Plus. Other than removing support, no cleanup was needed.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:59:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tholo] [#8]
I'd go enclosed vs not enclosed every time now, but I suppose it depends on what materials you print.
Comparing the models at the same price point, the P1S has the AMS to have 4 spools loaded.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Miami02TJ:

Thoughts between the two?  I'm looking at upgrading my MK3S+ to something faster and those are the two I'm debating about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Prusa mk 4 ... bambu p1s

I have the MK4 and X1 Carbon Combo.  The X1C is faster without a doubt, ~20 min benchy.  The AMS is a bonus on the X1, Keep filaments loaded in a dry box that feeds the printer.  That is a win for me as I use PETG and ASA often.

The MK4 is a good printer, no doubt.  Especially with the recently released firmware upgrades.  But for the price, the X1 combo kills it.  Look at multi material and an enclosure costs for the MK4.

The P1S is 90% of the X1C.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:17:30 PM EDT
[#10]
What about ease of print and setup?  What I love about my mk3i is it's 100% flawless and requires no tinkering...
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been running my Prusa i3 MK3S+ for almost 5 years now.  I don't run it 24/7 and mostly just design and print crap for around the house, 2a stuff, and just other random shit.  But..

It's used, and often (printed straight for three weeks when I started getting into printing lowers - without one bag print)

I've only had to replace the bed temp sensor

Never have issues painting anything.  It just works without any tinkering.  Eats PLA, PLA+, PETG like nothing, all day long. I don't even remember the last time I got a bad print, must have been years ago...

My last print... Overture Super PLA Plus. Other than removing support, no cleanup was needed.

https://i.ibb.co/tZKJHkh/20240425-150132.jpg
View Quote

I have not seen this printable frame before - what do I need to search the sea for?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:47:55 PM EDT
[#12]
What about ease of print and setup?  What I love about my mk3i is it's 100% flawless and requires no tinkering...
View Quote
My X1C requires no tinkering.  I printed an upgrade in ASA a few hours ago.  I have a PLA print running now that will take 6 hours.  

I have had the X1C for almost a month.  The only mod I have done is printing a poop chute.  But, I did print the BaBo Duo drawer system to hold the X1 tools and stuff.  I have spent a ton of money on filament though.  This thing is so efficient....

I am considering getting an A1 Mini, just to print TPU, I have a dryer......
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Bambu P1S with AMS, just worked out of the box.  700 hours later, still working.

Did upgrade the extruder and nozzle to hardened steel to work with nylons, for things I don't ever take pictures of.  So here's a 12 hour helmet stand print.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:15:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tholo] [#14]
Both the P1S and the Mk4 came out of the box, got set on a bench and started printing.
For that matter so did the qidi xmax 3.
I'd say the qidi is the fastest, but the mk4 and p1s print nicer, barely.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:43:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:

I have not seen this printable frame before - what do I need to search the sea for?
View Quote

Final Strike v2
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
3d printers, whatcha got (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top