BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PrincipsPistol:

Damn, now I feel like a POS for skipping a ride the other day.... That's a solid week, nice job.

Hows the trail on that last one? Looks like a fun rip around that mountain, at least going by the gps track.
View Quote

I had rare time off from work and I was going to use every bit of it... plus we had a nice (ish) weather for the week. cold and windy but it was dry and sunny.

Soft, sandy, steep and punchy climbs, with outcropping of sharp, big jagged volcanic rocks. some super technical stuff both up and down. its a great place to work on endurance and tech at the same time.

Its kind of a mixed bag though, the chunk is almost too much for the fat bikes, and being on a big enduro would be more fitting, but its also too sandy for enduro bike... 4" is minimum. great for the Foes but I was being cautious of the wheels cause, one wrong move on those rocks will smash em up. Its like a hour and a half drive from me, I went down to meet my nephew.

unfortunately the horses were out there earlier like big ass post hole diggers they tear things up bad and people love riding their horses when it snows.... because fuck the trails I guess...
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Ended 2023 with about 1k miles. I was able to get out on the fat bike 1/1 and last night on the gravel bike.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

I had rare time off from work and I was going to use every bit of it... plus we had a nice (ish) weather for the week. cold and windy but it was dry and sunny.

Soft, sandy, steep and punchy climbs, with outcropping of sharp, big jagged volcanic rocks. some super technical stuff both up and down. its a great place to work on endurance and tech at the same time.

Its kind of a mixed bag though, the chunk is almost too much for the fat bikes, and being on a big enduro would be more fitting, but its also too sandy for enduro bike... 4" is minimum. great for the Foes but I was being cautious of the wheels cause, one wrong move on those rocks will smash em up. Its like a hour and a half drive from me, I went down to meet my nephew.

unfortunately the horses were out there earlier like big ass post hole diggers they tear things up bad and people love riding their horses when it snows.... because fuck the trails I guess...
View Quote

Got it. Surface conditions favor a fatty, but technical demands suit an Enduro bike.  Mutz country.

Post holes suck, we get them everywhere low or flat because casual walkers never seem to have snowshoes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:00:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PrincipsPistol] [#4]
Originally Posted By WarrenClean:
Ended 2023 with about 1k miles. I was able to get out on the fat bike 1/1 and last night on the gravel bike.
View Quote

Nice job, keep it up.
Thanks for dropping in, been slow around here lately, AgeOne's holding it down.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 6:17:57 AM EDT
[#5]
@PrincipsPistol

We have a summer home on the Ossipee lake. My son has hiked most of the mountains in the area. But wants to start biking. He asked if you need to register the bike much like snowmobiles etc.?  Or are peddle bikes exempt?
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 7:03:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By EBR666:
@PrincipsPistol

We have a summer home on the Ossipee lake. My son has hiked most of the mountains in the area. But wants to start biking. He asked if you need to register the bike much like snowmobiles etc.?  Or are peddle bikes exempt?
View Quote

Nah, no registration, just get some maps and/or trailforks app and get after it. There is some riding in the Ossipee area, I've explored the pine barrens a bit, it's a mix of doubletrack and hiking trails. There may be more stuff too.

If you go a bit more north into North Conway there is a ton of really good stuff though.

The Marshall conservation area off West side Rd is a a great access to a good mix of trails, some good beginner stuff, singletrack and machine built, and you can go all the way to the Moats or Cathedral ledge once you know your way around.

Then the Eastside network can be accessed from the parking lot adjacent to Walmart or the Pudding Pond trailhead, good techy singletrack, some low angle and good climbing too.

Then the Hurricane mountain road stuff is really great if he's into more DH/Enduro type riding. Thats my favorite area, kinda my backyard.

I'll get you some more info and links tonight after work.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Just a quick 6 miler tonight. Starting to feel like winter
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Snuck a 5'r in after work today.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Got out for 10 on the rigid this AM.  Mixed surface, ended up doing a lot of low angle tech though. Lots of snow in the forecast starting tomorrow, so might be the last time I see dirt for awhile.

Nothing mind blowing but I was glad I got out.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:32:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PrincipsPistol] [#10]
Originally Posted By EBR666:
@PrincipsPistol

View Quote

@EBR666
So basically any WMNF trail that isn't an AMC trail or  explicitly marked "no MTB" is good to go.

Snowmobile trails sometimes run on private property, riding them may or may not be an issue.

Ossipee pine barrens

North Conway area info and maps

The Bike Shop in North Conway, next to WM usually has paper maps, and he's not a wokist.

Hope this helps, don't be afraid to PM me or drop a line here.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Got out for 10 on the rigid this AM.  Mixed surface, ended up doing a lot of low angle tech though. Lots of snow in the forecast starting tomorrow, so might be the last time I see dirt for awhile.

Nothing mind blowing but I was glad I got out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/540320/Screenshot_20240106-101655_png-3083868.JPG
View Quote

Nice.

I'm probably just holding down the couch today.

Its 20s and windy as hell. Looks nice and sunny till you step outside. Even the dogs don't want to be outside now.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 6:52:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EBR666] [#12]
@PrincipsPistol

Thank you for the info. I'll pass this on to my son. A lot of stuff close by he never knew about.

Link Posted: 1/8/2024 6:17:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Powder day yesterday, 18 runs. Legs are smoked. Thank God for snow.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#14]
3.5 mi OTBD BC ski today.  Heavy, wet, difficult snow.

Beautiful though
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Finally got out for a bit. Weather has been total crap got a break today, supposed to be arctic wind/ temps tomorrow though.
Attachment Attached File

Slow,  technical climb stuff today, but it was out of the wind
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 4:57:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AgeOne] [#16]
Window of nice weather.

Attachment Attached File

As i was rolling in the clouds and wind were right behind me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 9:37:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PrincipsPistol] [#17]
Finally got out for a bit. Weather has been total crap got a break today, supposed to be arctic wind/ temps tomorrow though.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/317810/1000006087_jpg-3092964.JPG

Slow,  technical climb stuff today, but it was out of the wind
View Quote

Window of nice weather.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/317810/1000006101_jpg-3094394.JPG

As i was rolling in the clouds and wind were right behind me.
View Quote

Nice, those are good rides. I'm jealous. I didn't touch a bike this week.
We've been lucky with temps this year, though now through February is when those arctic fronts roll in.  We shall see.

Been getting snow, but always comes with a warm up and rain right behind it, then a refreeze. So BC conditions are only good for a short window.

Got some XC and OTBD BC stuff in this weekend, and a couple runs of lift serve in today but it was too crowded. MLK weekend always sucks.

Nice day though

Attachment Attached File

6.5 miles of XC on Friday, 2.5 in the woods yesterday in the rain.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Ended up knocking out 10.5 mi of XC today
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:27:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AgeOne] [#18]
1100ft xc ski looks like a ton of work. Nice job!

There's a trail here I ride in the summer called aspen Vista. In the winter its all xc skiing, and they groom it nicely. I would love to air down to 3psi and ride it on the fat bike but i don't think I'd be very popular

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:28:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AgeOne] [#19]
Double tap
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:57:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PrincipsPistol] [#20]
1100ft xc ski looks like a ton of work. Nice job!

There's a trail here I ride in the summer called aspen Vista. In the winter its all xc skiing, and they groom it nicely. I would love to air down to 3psi and ride it on the fat bike but i don't think I'd be very popular

View Quote

Oh man, so they dont allow FBs on it? It's funny, years ago before fatbikes really took off I used to poach XC groomers and people were pretty cool about it. It was a novelty. I'd be less inclined to do it now, because now that its a thing, some places implicitly dont allow it.

Theres a couple nordic  centers around here that allow fatbikes, and Highland (lift serve) does some winter stuff too which is pretty great.

Got a 5 miler last night on the skinny skis and was lucky to get some night skiing in ME tonight.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 6:13:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AgeOne] [#21]
Man, night skiing looks fun. How are the temps?

Did a good ride yesterday. Tried some MagPeds. Im impressed but it is a learning curve. Much easier than cleats but still lets you get that power from pulling up while pushing down.

My shins were super tired this morning.

Attachment Attached File

Now, the big change. I have a S3 gnarvana. I boughf it based on GG saying it was the correct size. Damn it was looooong. Going straight down hill, or up straight climbs it was great.. but tight turns, or anything technical that required being able to flick the bike.. it was unwildly.

So when GG went tits up, I ordered a bunch of repair parts, saw they had a S2 front triangle at 1/3 price they were new I jumped on it.

I also changed the fork from 180mm to 160mm. Very happy with the results so far. Its a lot more playfull, i haven't tried it on super chunk yet though, should be fine i never bottomed out the 180mm before.. not even close.

Attachment Attached File

Too bad they went out of business.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Man, night skiing looks fun. How are the temps?

Did a good ride yesterday. Tried some MagPeds. Im impressed but it is a learning curve. Much easier than cleats but still lets you get that power from pulling up while pushing down.

My shins were super tired this morning.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/317810/1000006166_jpg-3102554.JPG

Now, the big change. I have a S3 gnarvana. I boughf it based on GG saying it was the correct size. Damn it was looooong. Going straight down hill, or up straight climbs it was great.. but tight turns, or anything technical that required being able to flick the bike.. it was unwildly.

So when GG went tits up, I ordered a bunch of repair parts, saw they had a S2 front triangle at 1/3 price they were new I jumped on it.

I also changed the fork from 180mm to 160mm. Very happy with the results so far. Its a lot more playfull, i haven't tried it on super chunk yet though, should be fine i never bottomed out the 180mm before.. not even close.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/317810/1000006165_jpg-3102558.JPG

Too bad they went out of business.
View Quote

Temps are chilly, teens and twenties during the day, single digits at night. Not too bad and it keeps the snow nice.

A guy I know rides magpeds, seems like a good idea. I rode flats forever, still have flats on most of bikes, and sometimes miss them on  my enduro bike. I always wanted to try the magpeds, kind of the middle ground.
How securely do they hold?

That thing looks good in red, last one was black right?  160mm is enough travel, unless you're really hammering big lines or lots of lift serve...
 That being said I do like bigger bikes too, at speed especially, but in tight, windy tech at lower speeds they feel big sometimes.  
It's the never ending hunt to strike that perfect balance between nimble and stable that suits your terrain and style.

Are you still on short cranks?
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 11:35:31 PM EDT
[#23]
BC ski up to some glades behind Wildcat yesterday. Good climb, cold crisp day, decent conditions.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Then a few runs on Wildcat from the frontside today.

Attachment Attached File

Gotta get a ride in this week.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Temps are chilly, teens and twenties during the day, single digits at night. Not too bad and it keeps the snow nice.

A guy I know rides magpeds, seems like a good idea. I rode flats forever, still have flats on most of bikes, and sometimes miss them on  my enduro bike. I always wanted to try the magpeds, kind of the middle ground.
How securely do they hold?

That thing looks good in red, last one was black right?  160mm is enough travel, unless you're really hammering big lines or lots of lift serve...
 That being said I do like bigger bikes too, at speed especially, but in tight, windy tech at lower speeds they feel big sometimes.  
It's the never ending hunt to strike that perfect balance between nimble and stable that suits your terrain and style.

Are you still on short cranks?
View Quote

The magpeds are an experience all their own. I'd say kind of parts of both with up and down of both. the only way I can explain it is like the pins are super aggressive and your feet are heavy. you can pull up pretty hard with them and not come off... but when you want to release you just lift the inside of your foot and pop right off.  there is some learning to them though, as you can't twist your foot on the pedal and making fine adjustments with placements like on flats is not easy.

on the GG, it replaced my old front triangle. I can still move that bike into the long position but I'll do that if I don't like the feeling descending chunky stuff. I do feel like I don't have to push myself as far forward to get the front tire biting into the corner as much.. I think bike manufactures got a little carried away with the length and head angle...

still on the short 5dev's. still like them. like everything else its a personal fit but I do get it and it does work at least for me.

awesome picture.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 6:39:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Got some nice weathee this weekend.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:22:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PrincipsPistol] [#26]

The magpeds are an experience all their own. I'd say kind of parts of both with up and down of both. the only way I can explain it is like the pins are super aggressive and your feet are heavy. you can pull up pretty hard with them and not come off... but when you want to release you just lift the inside of your foot and pop right off.  there is some learning to them though, as you can't twist your foot on the pedal and making fine adjustments with placements like on flats is not easy.

on the GG, it replaced my old front triangle. I can still move that bike into the long position but I'll do that if I don't like the feeling descending chunky stuff. I do feel like I don't have to push myself as far forward to get the front tire biting into the corner as much.. I think bike manufactures got a little carried away with the length and head angle...

still on the short 5dev's. still like them. like everything else its a personal fit but I do get it and it does work at least for me.

awesome picture.
View Quote

I like being able to make those micro adjustments on flats as well, helps you stay balanced at low speeds on a techy climb. I'm pretty used to it now, but when I first started using clips it threw me off.
I might give magpeds a try. I like the idea. I still hate getting back into a clipless pedal while I'm riding if I get knocked out unexpectedly, or if I throw a foot down.

Nice rides. I'm jealous.

I worked too damn much this week...

Got some running, some XC and some night DH in.  
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:41:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Some night dh... Getting back on track. Fighting the February cold darkness. Worked on tele's, and trying to learn to ski switch... at 44. It's cute.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Kicked out a solid 10.5 miles on the XC stix today... Chopping hard with the poles on the climb and my arms are smoked.... Amazing conditions, but I didn't even think to get a picture.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:33:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Nicely done.

I scored a tacx trainer.

so I've been hamster wheeling it in the living room a couple times this week.

I have to say I'm fairly impressed with the machine, the haptic feedback from cobblestone roads is interesting. it feels like riding over cobblestones.

makes me wish I had a wider range gearing.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 5:47:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AgeOne] [#30]
Wind was insane here today, sustained 25 with gusts of 50.and a riding buddy had a birthday so we had some killer pastries and did a short ride.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 8:31:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PrincipsPistol] [#31]
Nicely done.

I scored a tacx trainer.

I have to say I'm fairly impressed with the machine, the haptic feedback from cobblestone roads is interesting. it feels like riding over cobblestones.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Nicely done.

I scored a tacx trainer.

Thats cool, those things are amazing now. A couple guys I know who are pretty serious XC racers have smart trainers and they fucking hammer all winter on them. I always see their Zwift results on Strava. Really cool stuff. I didn't realize they had feedback like that though, thats insane.
We are in the future. AI will rule us.
 If I had the room in my house I'd be all over one. Maybe when the kid moves out...

Wind was insane here today, sustained 25 with gusts of 50.and a riding buddy had a birthday so we had some killer pastries and did a short ride.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/317810/1000006293_jpg-3117174.JPG

AgeOne, pedals through breathtaking landscapes, takes photos of pastries......

Link Posted: 2/3/2024 8:40:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PrincipsPistol] [#32]
Few laps on Wildcat with my son today, beautiful day, cold and windy at the summit though. Winter wonderland in every direction.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:33:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Thats cool, those things are amazing now. A couple guys I know who are pretty serious XC racers have smart trainers and they fucking hammer all winter on them. I always see their Zwift results on Strava. Really cool stuff. I didn't realize they had feedback like that though, thats insane.
We are in the future. AI will rule us.
 If I had the room in my house I'd be all over one. Maybe when the kid moves out...

AgeOne, pedals through breathtaking landscapes, takes photos of pastries......

View Quote

I was thinking while riding on the trainer some vr goggles would be sweet.... but also mildly dystopian..

Not a lot of views today, we were down in the arroyos trying to stay out of the wind.

Attachment Attached File

Few laps on Wildcat with my son today, beautiful day, cold and windy at the summit though. Winter wonderland in every direction.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/540320/PSX_20240203_193657_jpg-3117396.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/540320/KIMG1399_JPG-3117395.JPG
View Quote

Now thats an incredible view.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Thursday afternoon was my first bike ride this year.  Weather has been great for snowboarding but terrible for biking.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Got out to ride again today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#36]

I was thinking while riding on the trainer some vr goggles would be sweet.... but also mildly dystopian..

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/317810/1000006294_jpg-3117588.JPG

View Quote

Definitely dystopian, but I'd probably do it its cool stuff.

Originally Posted By Soconmtneer:
Thursday afternoon was my first bike ride this year.  Weather has been great for snowboarding but terrible for biking.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236849/IMG_5185_jpeg-3117598.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236849/IMG_5175_jpeg-3117599.JPG
View Quote

Originally Posted By Soconmtneer:
Got out to ride again today.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236849/IMG_5186_jpeg-3117603.JPG
View Quote

Haven't seen you in a while, nice going!  I so want to visit that area someday....
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Few  miles of XC with my son today, beautiful, crystal clear day, icy trails were running really fast. Only problem was the sun was blinding us, forgot eye protection, kept to the woods as much as possible.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Few XC miles with mini me earlier this week, then got 7 miles this afternoon, nice day, big climb and some flatter stuff, crusting up on the way down as the sun set, but I made it down without incident.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 4:24:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AgeOne] [#39]
We got some good snow todayAttachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Throw in. Today's ride.Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

It was melting fast today...
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#40]

OK, so high 40s for 2 weeks and hasn't snowed in almost a month in NH and freshies in NM?!?!
God bless America.

Looks sweet!

Another short XC ski with my kid on Saturday, quick 10 mile road ride Sunday AM, and an 8.5 mile FB ride this morning while everything was still crusty.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Took a few tries to find some good rideable trails, ended up on some post holed, breakable crust shit, but eventually found some nice beaten in singletrack and poached some XC groomers. It was a blast.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#41]
nice seeing the foes in the snow.

I usually take out the hardtail for that.

no pivots to worry about and it runs on 4.6" tires.

people don't think snow in NM be like it is. but it do. we get a lot of snow late into the season.

If I still snowboarded it I would love this.

SNOW TOTAL

188"
THIS SEASON

CONDITIONS

26°no value
Current Temp

Current Wind

MOUNTAIN OPEN

100%
LIFTS

6/7
Lifts Open

TRAILS

89/89
Trails Open

GROOMED

Groomed Overnight
View Quote

unfortunately with that much snow one of my favorite trails (Winsor) won't be open till like June.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#42]
nice seeing the foes in the snow.

I usually take out the hardtail for that.

no pivots to worry about and it runs on 4.6" tires.

people don't think snow in NM be like it is. but it do. we get a lot of snow late into the season.

If I still snowboarded it I would love this.

unfortunately with that much snow one of my favorite trails (Winsor) won't be open till like June.
View Quote

Yeah,. HT would've been the tool for todays ride, but didn't feel like swapping  the end caps and wheels.. the suspension was nice for the post holes too.

That's some serious snow depth. I met a guy last year that was a ski bum at Taos in his younger days. He said it was unbelievable, bottomless powder everywhere. His only gripe was the Texans in jeans on vacation weeks. LOL. It's a topic I've seen come up on ski forums too.

It's a part of the country I've gotta visit one day. NM, Utah, AZ. So much to do, so vast and different.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#43]
PrincipsPistol, I just saw a rad vid from a bike park in VT. Don't know how far it is from you.

HERE & NOW – Ascutney Trails

One week later almost no snow left.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:52:12 PM EDT
[#44]
PrincipsPistol, I just saw a rad vid from a bike park in VT. Don't know how far it is from you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4fCMwh0stM

One week later almost no snow left.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/317810/1000006427_jpg-3132401.JPG
View Quote

Nice ride, as always AgeOne!

Yeah Ascutney's like 3hrs from me.. I rode a little bit there a few years back, theres a paragliding school just over the border in NH right there that I took an introductory class at and then hit Ascutney after. Looks like they've built it up quite a bit. Pretty well produced video, though I would have loved to see more riding, definitely making me jones for a good trail ride.

VT really blew up in the last 10 years with MTB. Beautiful state,. there are some really nice trail networks out there,. Some really talented riders too. Big ski state too, too bad they're politics suck.

Fighting a cold this week, kept it light on the cardio, but got a good, short, steep XC up and down with my son Saturday. 4 miles rt, 988ft of climbing. He was hating me a little on the up but he wants to ski Tuckermans Ravine so I told him he's gotta train for it.

Conditions were perfect, dont always get that.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And a good day of DH with him today. First time I ever wanted to leave before he did. A few months ago he was still kinda indifferent to skiing, I thought I might have made a dud, but all of the sudden he's all over it.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Little bit of DH yesterday and a really good morning of it today before the vacation crowds showed up.
Bombing groomers and dodging gapers, always fun for a while.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#46]
17 suck ass miles tonight. Little pavement, little beat in singletrack and way too much time trying to stay in the middle of a corned out, post holed to shit 1.5' wide trench.  Kept losing the front tire in post holes and then getting sucked into the soft shit on the sides. Should have went XC skiing, or done a road ride.

But it was nice to get a decent ride in.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 8:30:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PrincipsPistol] [#47]
Short Nordic ski with my son yesterday. Hoped to get a good shot of the moon, but we were early and it was cloudy.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#48]
17 suck ass miles tonight. Little pavement, little beat in singletrack and way too much time trying to stay in the middle of a corned out, post holed to shit 1.5' wide trench.  Kept losing the front tire in post holes and then getting sucked into the soft shit on the sides. Should have went XC skiing, or done a road ride.

But it was nice to get a decent ride in.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/540320/Screenshot_20240222-202809_png-3138163.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/540320/KIMG1478_JPG-3138164.JPG
View Quote

nicely done.

snowy night ride.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:10:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AgeOne] [#49]
Killer weather this morning, wind machine is firing up this afternoon.

Attachment Attached File

Another day of killer weather.

Attachment Attached File

Nearly 70 at one point.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:06:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Found the goods yesterday. Single digits overnight meant firm surfaces. Steep up and down over snomobile "groomed" road and trails.

Exactly the conditions and terrain I bought that Mutz for. Best FB ride in a long time.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top