Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2505
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#1]
China is still freaking out and locking down entire regions over what is supposedly the milder Omicron strain under their "zero covid" strategy.

Do they know something we don't or are they just doing commie things?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GraboidHunter:
China is still freaking out and locking down entire regions over what is supposedly the milder Omicron strain under their "zero covid" strategy.

View Quote

Idk, but it seems like the perfect excuse to lock down cities that manufacture lots of things we need here.  We know CCP gives no fucks about their own people, so that's not a factor in their decisions.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Maybe their "vaccine" works even worse than ours ... ?

It's not like the CCP has many ways of addressing this mess. When all you have is a hammer labelled "brutal repression" everything starts to look like a nail to be smashed with that hammer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:47:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Ukraine has taken the spot light. Go take a look at South Koreas case count right now...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:39:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Or a new sub variant is created by these populations that never experienced much if any covid wave.

I want zombies dammit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#9]
The countries getting zapped with Omicron right now had restrictive travel policies in place.
They were also somewhat successful with contact tracing

What happened was that they were able to delay the eventual infection spike. Eventually someone that is asymptomatic will make it through. Then, because omicron is a sneaky shit, it's everywhere.

The places having the huge spike now are a reflection of partially successful infection control. It worked. Until it don't.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Home village is entering week 4 of a lockdown to prevent the spread of the omni.

Not working and just prolonging the spread.

We have to call to see if we can go in and see my wife's parents or even to look at my house.
But they can travel in and out of the village pretty much freely.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:54:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JameX:
I know everyone is worried about Ukraine now, and the last wave seems to show everything getting better; but lets not let this slide into the archives yet.....
View Quote

@JameX

I’d have to check, but in the early days of this thread, we could easily go 20 pages in a single day!  It was hard to keep up!  It went almost a month without a post!
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:01:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Zak-Smith:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/03/17/south-korea-coronavirus-record/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/fresh-covid-wave-expected-to-hit-the-us-as-omicron-subvariant-and-patchy-vaccination-rates-drive-surge-in-europe/ar-AAV9dsG

They're finally getting covid en masse with omicron, just like the USA did between about mid Jan and early March.   Once that sweeps through, everyone who wasn't vaxxed ends up with natural immunity (those with the vax who get it, who the hell knows).    

That's why covid is over.

View Quote

@Zak-Smith

I think you are exactly right!

My older son got Covid early January, then my other son.  My wife never had symptoms.

I got the vaccines and booster for work (doc).  Interestingly, I got a rash in my lower abdomen and thigh region after ever vaccine.  Fast forward to about a week after my son came down with it (he had classic symptoms and Covid test was positive FWIW), I got the same rash.  Completely by coincidence, I was seeing my dermatologist for a regular mole check on my back and he saw the rash and said it was classic for Covid antibody rash.  He has seen a lot of it and I likely got infected from my son and got a spike in antibodies.  

Omicron is the nail in the coffin for Covid.  Now we’ll have this mild variant to add to the other 3 mild Coronavirus variants that cause ~ 15% of common colds every year.

The whole family also did get that common cold that’s been going around.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:04:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: C-4] [#13]
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:
Home village is entering week 4 of a lockdown to prevent the spread of the omni.

We have to call to see if we can go in and see my wife's parents or even to look at my house.
View Quote

@akcaribouhunter

The absolute best action at this point is to let everyone get Omicron.  As most here remember, that was what should have been done originally:  Vaccinate the very vulnerable and let the virus run through the population.  With the much milder Omicron, this is the best course of action.

ETA:  My parents (father 79 and mother 74) are both unvaccinated and got Covid mid January.  Both got very sick at home.  Mother recovered in a week but my father got hammered and was sick for 3 weeks and has made an excellent recovery.  I recommended they get the vaccine a while ago but they didn’t.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By C-4:
Omicron is the nail in the coffin for Covid.  Now we’ll have this mild variant to add to the other 3 mild Coronavirus variants that cause ~ 15% of common colds every year.

The whole family also did get that common cold that’s been going around.
View Quote

A day or two ago, I saw a headline indicating that Fauci was saying we may have to go back to masking, due to the Omicron spike.  Not sure if he was starting to miss the media attention, or what.

When I saw reports indicating that Omicron was a mild variant, I guessed Covid would be a dead issue by Fall, but I'm starting to think I may have been a little pessimistic with that guess.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:38:04 PM EDT
[#15]

@akcaribouhunter

The absolute best action at this point is to let everyone get Omicron.  As most here remember, that was what should have been done originally:  Vaccinate the very vulnerable and let the virus run through the population.  With the much milder Omicron, this is the best course of action.

ETA:  My parents (father 79 and mother 74) are both unvaccinated and got Covid mid January.  Both got very sick at home.  Mother recovered in a week but my father got hammered and was sick for 3 weeks and has made an excellent recovery.  I recommended they get the vaccine a while ago but they didn't.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@akcaribouhunter

ETA:  My parents (father 79 and mother 74) are both unvaccinated and got Covid mid January.  Both got very sick at home.  Mother recovered in a week but my father got hammered and was sick for 3 weeks and has made an excellent recovery.  I recommended they get the vaccine a while ago but they didn't.
In-laws both caught it and they are in their 70's. Mil is a two time stroke survivor and has many other health problems.

Aunt and uncle are in their 80's and they came through good. Uncle has dementia,cancer survivor and a diabetic.

Our problem here is everybody believes everything the native local hospital corporation says. Even went more strict than the cdc.

I tell everyone to up their vitamin d and c.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#16]
So now that the COVID thing seems about over, what is going on with Work From Home? I'm wondering how many companies are bringing their employees back into the office.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TheResurrector:

So now that the COVID thing seems about over, what is going on with Work From Home? I'm wondering how many companies are bringing their employees back into the office.
View Quote

A lot companies (mine included) have realized that most white collar professionals can be equally productive, if not more productive, working from home.
Internal studies, and those we've done for clients, are pretty consistent in showing that those working remotely actually spend more time on task, and more total hours being productive per week than those that are in the office.
Essentially, people seem to be more willing to use what would have been commute time for producing/conducting business than expected. And there's a significant rate of people putting in extra effort outside of their scheduled hours... so much so that many companies are granting extra holidays and pto, and stressing work/life balance and reminding people to put work away.

Our offices reopened w/o restrictions or nonsense 3/1, but outside of those who can only perform their function from the office, returning is 100% optional.  My division is recommending, but not requiring, that folks make at least 1 visit to the office per quarter, simply to minimize the "burden" on Security having to reactivate inactive badges.

There is a level of expectation that we'll be monitoring office utilization over the next year, and where warranted, consolidating facilities.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TheResurrector:

View Quote

My company has gone to a hybrid schedule, meaning that we will work in the office 1-4 days per week depending on your role.  They have yet to announce a return date though; I don't think that anyone is really in a hurry to go back into the office.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By RSG:
View Quote

Direct link to twitter post with the video:

Link Posted: 4/4/2022 7:49:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: exponentialpi] [#21]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

View All Quotes

That is crazy.  I anticipate riots starting soon as people starve.  Click date for thread on the food situation.

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:

That is crazy.  I anticipate riots starting soon as people starve.  Click date for thread on the food situation.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:

Well, we know CCP land started bogarting fertilizer and fertilizer prerequisites and they have been buying food like mad for the past year ... year and a half?

They have famines in living memory.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Well, we know CCP land started bogarting fertilizer and fertilizer prerequisites and they have been buying food like mad for the past year ... year and a half?

View Quote

The famine of the late 1950s-early 1960s was largely due to human issues driven by Mao's policies ("Great Leap Forward").  As I understand it, in addition to errors caused by their effort to bring food production under centralized government control, local management misreported production numbers in an attempt to avoid consequences for not meeting production goals.  This compounded the errors made in centralized control, as they made follow-up decisions based on data that did not show the shortages they were actually facing.

In recent years, the Chinese Communist Party has apparently been pushing for a return to the 'glory years' of Mao (rejecting western influences), so it wouldn't be much of a stretch for them to repeat the "Great Leap Forward" famine.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JPN:

The famine of the late 1950s-early 1960s was largely due to human issues driven by Mao's policies ("Great Leap Forward").  As I understand it, in addition to errors caused by their effort to bring food production under centralized government control, local management misreported production numbers in an attempt to avoid consequences for not meeting production goals.  This compounded the errors made in centralized control, as they made follow-up decisions based on data that did not show the shortages they were actually facing.

In recent years, the Chinese Communist Party has apparently been pushing for a return to the 'glory years' of Mao (rejecting western influences), so it wouldn't be much of a stretch for them to repeat the "Great Leap Forward" famine.
View All Quotes

The famines were or were in great part the reason why the ccp had to back off of communism somewhat in the 1970s.

Plus (as has been noted in this thread even) CCP land has had at least one year of really BAD harvests already, and than there was that mess with the locust swarms. Lots of straw piled on the camel's back right now.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#25]

The famines were or were in great part the reason why the ccp had to back off of communism somewhat in the 1970s.

Plus (as has been noted in this thread even) CCP land has had at least one year of really BAD harvests already, and than there was that mess with the locust swarms. Lots of straw piled on the camel's back right now.
View All Quotes

Which would fit with doing a repeat of the Great Leap Forward famine, since there were actually natural problems that contributed to the food production shortfalls that the local managers were not reporting.  Since they are continuing the hard lockdown in Shanghai, and that lockdown is hurting their exports/economy, they aren't presenting themselves as being capable of adjusting their plans on the fly, making changes to compensate for new problems popping up - at the expense of 100% success of the originally stated goal.  

They may end up being able to claim a huge success in fighting COVID, while starvation moves to the leading cause of death in their country.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#28]

@JameX

I’d have to check, but in the early days of this thread, we could easily go 20 pages in a single day!  It was hard to keep up!  It went almost a month without a post!
View Quote

At the heyday we were doing 25-30 pages a day.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Sounds like the CCP's organ donor system is about to get an increase in their supply chain.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#30]
https://www.ntd.com/we-are-starving-to-death-shanghai-residents-under-lockdown-shout-at-visiting-vice-premier_763889.html

When Sun Chunlan, a vice premier of the Chinese regime, visited Shanghai earlier this week, where tens of millions are under COVID-19 lockdown, she was greeted by residents shouting from their apartment windows: “There is no food left!” and “We are starving to death!”

Sun was accompanied by a swarm of local officials, cameramen, several vans with black tinted windows, and police vehicles. Yet the streets were empty. The residents could only view the envoy from their own apartments. Some were brave enough to shout from their windows or balconies. Someone called out to the officials, “Can you arrange some vegetables to be sent over?”

Sun’s envoy, however, as seen in a video posted by residents in Jiading district, had no reaction whatsoever as if they did not hear anything.

Sun Chunlan, former head of the United Front Work Department, was appointed vice premier in 2018. Out of the four vice premiers, she is the only female and the oldest one. Since the pandemic, she has been staging high profile visits to COVID-stricken cities. This was not the first time she was shouted at.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By GonnaNeedaBiggerBoat:

Idk, but it seems like the perfect excuse to lock down cities that manufacture lots of things we need here.  We know CCP gives no fucks about their own people, so that's not a factor in their decisions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GonnaNeedaBiggerBoat:

I'm pretty sure you nailed it in terms of shutting down manufacturing and having an excuse for it.

For the elites who are tied at the hip to China this is just fine.  Honestly, they want this to happen and China knows they can leverage it to hurt the US and bring pressure against the west while shadow supporting Russia.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#32]
After the bunch of bullshit in the beginning of 2020, I believe nothing coming out of china.

The lesson learned for us should be, never let yourself be disarmed….ever.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Mach:
After the bunch of bullshit in the beginning of 2020, I believe nothing coming out of china.

The lesson learned for us should be, never let yourself be disarmed….ever.
View Quote

Yeah, would have been a different story, if that vice premier had to worry about the residents doing more than shouting from their windows.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Were they being rounded up to be disposed of, or dropped off as fresh food?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, 2+ years in, my wife finally tested positive for Covid today, 4/10/22.  She tested negative yesterday.

She has been sick since Friday with fever, low O2 (90%), a little "difficulty" breathing (feels like thin air up in mountains), pain all over and runny nose.

Started her on quercetin, zinc, melatonin, vitamin D and C.  I am and have been on same for past two years, with no symptoms, and haven't tested myself yet.  

She is in med field so exposed daily.  Will post updates every 2-3 days.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Didn't help that Mao ordered that all the sparrows be killed off to increase grain yields without knowing that sparrows in the countryside feed more on insects than on unharvested grain.  China ended up importing thousands of sparrows from Russia to repopulate and the locust problem went away.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By HEATSEAKER:

Didn't help that Mao ordered that all the sparrows be killed off to increase grain yields without knowing that sparrows in the countryside feed more on insects than on unharvested grain.  China ended up importing thousands of sparrows from Russia to repopulate and the locust problem went away.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HEATSEAKER:

Songbirds are supposedly fairly scarce in modern China, due to people trapping them and selling them as food (something of a delicacy in restaurants, apparently).
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:22:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Zak-Smith:
Don't forget a fever reducer
View Quote

Yup, she is taking dual action ibuprofen/Tylenol.  Forgot to mention that.  And mucinex for all the crap in her lungs.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Locking down, beating people up, killing pets, etc all good says  Dr Ding Ding

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Wife is improving, been two days of typical flu symptoms, but her throat still feels like it's full of razor blades and sides ache from coughing so much.  No more fever.

Now I am getting sore throat, runny nose and a bit achy, but tested negative today.  No fever.  

We are both still taking the various vitamins and supplements as we all discovered in this thread way back.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By viralinsurgency:

At the heyday we were doing 25-30 pages a day.
View Quote

Riot Squad had 100+ page counts per day in June of 2020, during Kenosha, and on Election Night.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Attachment Attached File

Now it's confirmed.  I finally got the Wooflu, Spicy Szechuan Sickness, aka Covid-19.  Wife is already back to work, feeling 90% recovered, but I am still experiencing chills, headaches, shivers, razor blades in the throat, a mild cough and runny nose.  Basically a mild flu, and a cakewalk compared to the reaction I had to the second Vax jab.

Two years ago we figured we'd be sick within 6 months, seeing as how often she was exposed.  But we also figured we'd get it over and over again, but it looks like that isn't the case now.  At least I hope that's still the prevailing idea: one and done.

No covid toes or any complications for either of us so far.  Hope it stays that way.

Is China's violent lockdown now for a new strain, or is it just their zero tolerance as their vaccines are shit?  Anyone expect an October surprise extra-saucy variant to necessitate more fraud by mail?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By viralinsurgency:
Is China's violent lockdown now for a new strain, or is it just their zero tolerance as their vaccines are shit?  

Anyone expect an October surprise extra-saucy variant to necessitate more fraud by mail?
View Quote

Probably a mix of new strain, zero tolerance policy that their command structure is reluctant to change or even question, and fear of potential embarrassment over various failures that could be exposed.

Wouldn't really be surprised to see the left make an attempt, but whether or not people are still willing to go along with it, is another question.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 1:53:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Well hello OG doomers.

Been a heck of a last couple of years.  Sometimes I still can’t believe what happened.

The stories we will tell our future grandkids.  

Cheers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:06:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Welp after my dad had the og in February 2020 he finally caught the omni.

Has not gotten his booster as we said NO.

Nothing but a headcold and slight cough so far.
He has been taking vitamins d and c plus zinc. Also have him on quercetin and NAC.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#49]

He has been taking vitamins d and c plus zinc. Also have him on quercetin and NAC.
View Quote

Best wishes for him
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By XJ:

Best wishes for him
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By XJ:

Best wishes for him
Thanks.

Doing good for being 74.
Cough is going away quick.
His joints and back did bother him for a couple of days.
Page / 2505
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top