Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2010 7:11:26 AM EDT
DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM LIKE I DID.

DO NOT BUY ANY RESORT TRIP FROM BLUEGREEN RESORTS, THE WILDERNESS CLUB, OR BASS PRO SHOPS.

I posted this in the Missouri Hometown forum, but wanted to make sure everyone is aware of this scam.
Bluegreen Resorts has properties in Las Vegas, Gatlinburg,  and other places besides Branson, MO.

My Branson, MO. trip has been cancelled, and my vacation plans ruined thanks to the scam artists at Bluegreen Resorts. I was promised a room at the Falls Lodge at Bass Pro's Big Cedar Resort, but they pulled the old bait and switch on me.

I should have know this was too good to be true, but figured with the recesson, they were desperate to get visitors to the resort,
and it was legit. I was wrong.

I booked this trip at the Bass Pro in Memphis back in July. Representatives from Bluegreen Resorts were selling 3 day/2 night packages to
the Bass Pro Big Cedar Lodge for only $199 dollars for both nights stay with the stipulation that you have to take the 1 and 1/2 hour tour
and listen to their sales pitch to buy a timeshare program at this and other resorts around the country.

They promised us a deluxe room at the Falls Lodge with a private balcony and waterfall view.

Everytime I called them to get a written confirmation of where we were staying, and our itenerary, they would tell me that we would receive
a computer generated e-mail confirmation a week before our arrival. I told them I wanted one now to verify that we had the correct accomodations, and they would ensure me that I did and claim to send a "manual" email. I would never receive this manual e-mail.

I called last Friday and they finally admitted that there were no openings at the Falls lodge and that we would staying
at a completely different property on the other side of Table Rock lake away from all of the Big Cedar restaurants and amenities.

I spoke to a supervisor and told him that surely they could get us the correct room since we had booked this trip back in early July, and he told me that they only get a small block of rooms at the Falls Lodge and that I would need to reschedule. After telling him we could not reschedule, he agreed to a refund.

I will be watching my credit card statement online closely to make sure I get it within the next few days as promised.

Please do a google search for Bluegreen resorts complaints and you will see alot of stories like mine.

Please pass this along to everyone that might shop at a local Bass Pro and be tempted to buy a vacation from them.

This is not some chain e-mail. This happened to me personally this week.

Herman

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 7:21:10 AM EDT
[#1]

I had a similar experience, except that when my wife and I bought the package, I came home and immediately researched BlueGreen (just had an uneasy feeling about it after going through the sales pitch) and found out what a scam this company is, so I canceled the transaction on my cc.

Every time since then that I'm in a BP, I always go out of my way to avoid being near that kiosk.

Can't believe Bass Pro Shops lets their customers be scammed like this.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 7:27:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I avoid the whole "free trip" business like the plague (my brother & his ex used to sell timeshares.)

It does seem like a punk move to not admit that they just didn't admit that they didn't have the room until hte last minute...

FWIW, I've got some friends from church who seem pretty satisfied with BlueGreen - in fact I recently spent the weekend in Branson using some of their extra "points". The 'condo' was OK - nothing 5 star about it, but hey - I didn't pay anything for it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 7:27:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's the worst of it right there - a kiosk in their store lends an air of legitimacy to the operation, and also implies Bass Pro support.  Has anyone taken this up with Bass Pro?

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 7:28:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I was in a Bass Pro Shop a while back and this guy was trying to hard sell me on a trip package like that.

His pushiness made my Spidey Sense tingle, so I walked away.  I'm glad I listened to it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had a similar experience, except that when my wife and I bought the package, I came home and immediately researched BlueGreen (just had an uneasy feeling about it after going through the sales pitch) and found out what a scam this company is, so I canceled the transaction on my cc.

Every time since then that I'm in a BP, I always go out of my way to avoid being near that kiosk.

You should go out of your way to walk right next to them and when they start their spiel, tell them to eat a bag full of dicks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#6]
got a BP shop near me.

See those folks and ignore them.

now I have a reason to fuck with them.

Sorry man.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 7:41:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the worst of it right there - a kiosk in their store lends an air of legitimacy to the operation, and also implies Bass Pro support.  Has anyone taken this up with Bass Pro?

A quick call to corprate and an honest refusal to return to their store as long as they are a part of the fraud would be a start.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 7:42:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#9]
How much is a "normal" weekend stay at Bass Pro Big Cedar Lodge?

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How much is a "normal" weekend stay at Bass Pro Big Cedar Lodge?

The rooms we were supposed to get at the Falls Lodge with two queen size beds and a
private balcony with a water fall view go for $277.67 dollars per night.

http://www.big-cedar.com/Page/34/Branson-MO-Group-Lodging––Big-Cedar––Falls-Lodge.aspx

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I have gone to BP a few times. It was OK. I walked right past the people in the entrances trying to get you to sign up for stuff. I hate that crap. If I want to talk to you I will.

I like Cabelas because I never had the people hound me like BP does as I walk in, and I have been there dozens of times.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#12]
didnt the right rev bakker so time for a similar scam?
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 8:32:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm going to bass pro this weekend.
I'll stare daggers at the scammer kiosk.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#14]
You guys need a thread to tell you this?  Better google "pigeon drop" and "nigerian email"

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You guys need a thread to tell you this?  Better google "pigeon drop" and "nigerian email"

Not all time share trips or reduced rate hotels are scams.

I went to a time share weekend to a lake-side resort in Hot Springs several years ago, and they were nice, professional, and accomodating.

I also got a Suite at a luxury Hotel n New Orleans a year after Hurricane Katrina at 75% off because they were
so desperate for tourists to come back.

So, there are some great deals and some legitimate getaway trips out there, but this is not one of them.

To me, ARFCOM is a family, and I try to tell my friends here about great deals I find as well as pitfalls to avoid.

But thanks so much for your helpful comments. You really contributed to the thread.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was in a Bass Pro Shop a while back and this guy was trying to hard sell me on a trip package like that.

His pushiness made my Spidey Sense tingle, so I walked away.  I'm glad I listened to it.

Same here. The deal sounded too good to be true, they wanted too much personal info upfront and were very pushy, it just didn't seem right. I'm glad I passed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'd never go near any of those deals where you have to sit through the time share scam sales pitch, but I'm also surprised that Bass Pro is involved in this kind of Shenanigans. You should probably write a letter to Bass Pro's corporate headquarters and send a copy to the Memphis store's manager.

we did it in Kissimee one year, ended up buying a timeshare at Star Island and kept it for a number of years... not all of them end up badly
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Bumped for the evening crew.

I want as many folks to see this as possible so that no one else gets burned.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#19]
BlueGreen are a bunch of vultures around here. They're always at Comerica Park during Tigers games.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I've been approached several times at the local Bass Pro by employees of the time share company who were acting as if they were in fact,  Bass Pro Shops employees.

I'm amazed that Bass Pro would allow others to use their stores and good name to operate a shady time share business.

I'm wondering if Bass pro Shops has some sort of ownership interest.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Wow, that sucks.  I'm sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM LIKE I DID.

DO NOT BUY ANY RESORT TRIP FROM BLUEGREEN RESORTS, THE WILDERNESS CLUB, OR BASS PRO SHOPS.

I posted this in the Missouri Hometown forum, but wanted to make sure everyone is aware of this scam.

Bluegreen Resorts has properties in Las Vegas, Gatlinburg,  and other places besides Branson, MO.

My Branson, MO. trip has been cancelled, and my vacation plans ruined thanks to the scam artists at Bluegreen Resorts. I was promised a room at the Falls Lodge at Bass Pro's Big Cedar Resort, but they pulled the old bait and switch on me.

I should have know this was too good to be true, but figured with the recesson, they were desperate to get visitors to the resort,

and it was legit. I was wrong.

I booked this trip at the Bass Pro in Memphis back in July. Representatives from Bluegreen Resorts were selling 3 day/2 night packages to

the Bass Pro Big Cedar Lodge for only $199 dollars for both nights stay with the stipulation that you have to take the 1 and 1/2 hour tour

and listen to their sales pitch to buy a timeshare program at this and other resorts around the country.

They promised us a deluxe room at the Falls Lodge with a private balcony and waterfall view.

Everytime I called them to get a written confirmation of where we were staying, and our itenerary, they would tell me that we would receive

a computer generated e-mail confirmation a week before our arrival. I told them I wanted one now to verify that we had the correct accomodations, and they would ensure me that I did and claim to send a "manual" email. I would never receive this manual e-mail.

I called last Friday and they finally admitted that there were no openings at the Falls lodge and that we would staying

at a completely different property on the other side of Table Rock lake away from all of the Big Cedar restaurants and amenities.

I spoke to a supervisor and told him that surely they could get us the correct room since we had booked this trip back in early July, and he told me that they only get a small block of rooms at the Falls Lodge and that I would need to reschedule. After telling him we could not reschedule, he agreed to a refund.

I will be watching my credit card statement online closely to make sure I get it within the next few days as promised.

Please do a google search for Bluegreen resorts complaints and you will see alot of stories like mine.

Please pass this along to everyone that might shop at a local Bass Pro and be tempted to buy a vacation from them.

This is not some chain e-mail. This happened to me personally this week.

Herman

How the fuck could you sign up for that and expect anything better than what you got?

For fuck's sake dude. It's 2010.

Here's a life lesson for you:

Bundled Time Share vacation/seminars tend to be shitty and not worth it. Nigerian princes don't really want to make you rich. Penis pills don't work.

You're welcome.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How the fuck could you sign up for that and expect anything better than what you got?

For fuck's sake dude. It's 2010.

Here's a life lesson for you:

Bundled Time Share vacation/seminars tend to be shitty and not worth it. Nigerian princes don't really want to make you rich. Penis pills don't work.

You're welcome.

Since you are obviously illiterate, I'll repeat what I posted several posts above yours:

Not all time share trips or reduced rate hotels are scams.

I went to a time share weekend to a lake-side resort in Hot Springs several years ago, and they were nice, professional, and accomodating.

I also got a Suite at a luxury Hotel n New Orleans a year after Hurricane Katrina at 75% off because they were
so desperate for tourists to come back.

So, there are some great deals and some legitimate getaway trips out there, but this is not one of them.

To me, ARFCOM is a family, and I try to tell my friends here about great deals I find as well as pitfalls to avoid.

But thanks so much for your helpful comments. You really contributed to the thread.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

with the stipulation that you have to take the 1 and 1/2 hour tour

There's yer sign.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

with the stipulation that you have to take the 1 and 1/2 hour tour

There's yer sign.

You're obviously illiterate.

OP, you rock on and keep going to buy-in resorts, the 408,000 of internet hits for "Timeshare Scam", the "ASSpen" South Park episode, the numerous consumer-advocate warnings and AG-lawsuits not withstanding, you're apparently hipper to them than we are....

But then you're the one crying because this one turned out to be a scam and we're savvy enough never to have been scammed.

Rock on.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Johnny Morris has to pay for his Citation Sovereign and Citation CJ3 business jets somehow...

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#27]
P.T. Barnum.......shall I go on?
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#28]
They even do this at the flagship store here in Springfield.

I always ask them why I would pay to stay in Branson when I live 45 minutes away. They just look at me.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#29]
If you have to sit through a commercial, it isn't worth the time.

I like the shitheads that do the bridal show circuit around here.  Everyone ends up being a "winner" of the drawing.  Wife called me up ecstatic one day about a winning a vacation.  Told her to google the name of the company + the word "Scam".  She was pissed off at me that I ruined her good mood, but it saved her a bigger let-down later on.  Timeshares are bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 9:48:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Blue/Green has been scamming idiots for at least the last 15 years.
The first and last "sales seminar" I ever attended ended-up with the saleslady crying because her high-pressure "trainer" was screaming at her right in front of us.

BTW...It took almost 4 years to stop them from calling me.

Also, a word to the wise...If you EVER sign-up for a "chance to win a free trip"...There is a VERY good chance that Blue/Green is behind it. Fuckers piss me off. Once they get your information, it's easier to get rid of AIDS.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Illiterate!!

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:04:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

The first and last "sales seminar" I ever attended ended-up with the saleslady crying because her high-pressure "trainer" was screaming at her right in front of us.

BTW...It took almost 4 years to stop them from calling me.

Also, a word to the wise...If you EVER sign-up for a "chance to win a free trip"...There is a VERY good chance that Blue/Green is behind it. Fuckers piss me off. Once they get your information, it's easier to get rid of AIDS.

A little FYI...

When you enter a contest, almost ANY contest, or giveaway, or sweepstakes, etc...

You become a SALES LEAD.

People then sell those leads to very credible outfits... such as telemarketers!

Link Posted: 10/6/2010 4:34:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I do, bass ho sucks ass.  I went into one before because of a flyer that had a great price on a shotgun.  I got there, they said they were out, well they weren't really out, they had some in the back.  Then they said they couldn't honor the price in the flyer, we misprint in those things all the time.  I finally, after 45 mins, got a store manager and I threw a fit and got the gun for the advertised price.
Link Posted: 10/6/2010 4:52:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top