Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/30/2010 2:21:43 PM EDT
Wikileaks has said that they will be releasing another cache of documents, this time targeting one of the largest banks in the U.S.

What does he have on them?

Could this crash our banking system? Listening to the radio this morning, depending on what he has, it could bring the whole system down around our ears...

Bank of America May Be Wikileak's Next Target
cnbc

On Tuesday November 30, 2010, 4:11 pm EST

Bank of America may be the next target of a cache of Wikileaks documents.

Earlier this week, Wikileaks founder Julian Assange said that he planned to release tens of thousands of documents on one of the largest banks in the U.S. The documents would reveal unethical behavior at the bank that would likely prompt official investigations and reforms, Assange said...

Article
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Who knows. The banks are all run by crooks of the greatest magnitude. There is no tellin' what he has on them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
In before all the posters who want him dead post about they want him to release documents to fuck over the banks.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd be okay with BOA collapsing.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Radio personalities were worried it could have something to do with government buying up futures and other stuff to stabilize the markets illegally. I don't really have my head wrapped around the financial markets, but I could see how depending on what he releases, he could easily cause a major run on the banks.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Clear my debit, then hell yeah! If not, I don't really care.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:30:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Let me guess, they charged you some kind of fee?
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#7]
This is the sort of leak that can get someone killed.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I sure hope so...

It is said he somehow got a hold of some CEO's entire hard drive.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Like that guy who flipped on Enron and then "blew his brains out" in his car?

Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck Bank of America.  Those assholes deserve whatever they get.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I think once he outlives his usefulness soros, or whoever the powers that be are, will eliminate him.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yep, leaks about govt secrets and stupid shit like that ??? People in charge say meh, the idiot public cant touch us anyway.

But rich bank owners like to fly under the radar and will most def put a hit out on the guy. More than likely he will be paid large sums of cash to make documents disappear.

You will never read them
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In before all the posters who want him dead post about they want him to release documents to fuck over the banks.  

I don't want him dead, he hasn't done anything wrong. Whoever leaked the shit to him, that's a different story. I would LOVE to see the bankers get fucked!!!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, leaks about govt secrets and stupid shit like that ??? People in charge say meh, the idiot public cant touch us anyway.

But rich bank owners like to fly under the radar and will most def put a hit out on the guy. More than likely he will be paid large sums of cash to make documents disappear.

You will never read them

No, this guy is like The Joker. He can't be bribed or reasoned with, he just wants to see America burn. He is a raving anti-war leftist and former hacker who hates America as much as Bin Laden does. He's a cyber terrorist and a fanatic. You can't buy him off. There's only one way to shut him up.

Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#15]
The more improtant question is:

Should I knee-jerk and sell my BOA stock?!?!?!?! I have doubled my money with it but it still has room to go up if the economy continues to slowly rebound.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh fucking great. I couldn't run on the fucking bank if I wanted to.  Some joker out in CA just tried to charge a few grand worth of fancy bullshit to my card.  They locked it around 4pm today.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Like others have iterated, Fuck BOA, I withdrew all and future business after they establish special products that catered to illegals and were a heavy participant/recipient in TARP.  They also purchased, the worst of the worst mortgage lender, Countrywide.  Countrywide's underwriting standards were nothing short of fraudulent.  They sliced and diced shitty mortgages and sold them as AAA securities.  I can't wait till the bad debt implodes and all the big banks are FORCED to realize their losses.  I am also hearing that many big banks are setting aside legal funds to fight investors who intend on "pushing back" i.e. making the Banks buy back all the shitty mortgage-backed securities that were misrepresented when originally sold.  If I was in the market to short, I would have some heavy puts on BOA or Citibank.

My only question is, why is Assange waiting to drop this potential bombshell?
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#18]
+1 That BOA sucks.  We applied 3 months ago to refi our farm for a lower interest rate and paid a $400.00 fee.  They called yesterday and advised that they don't have a program for farms but thanks for the $400.00.   We filed a complaint the the Florida AG today.

Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You will never read them

No, this guy is like The Joker. He can't be bribed or reasoned with, he just wants to see America burn. He is a raving anti-war leftist and former hacker who hates America as much as Bin Laden does. He's a cyber terrorist and a fanatic. You can't buy him off. There's only one way to shut him up.

A list of previous banking scandals they've covered:

The looting of Kenya under President Moi - $3,000,000,000 presidential corruption exposed; swung the Dec 2007 Kenyan election, long document, be patient
Gusmao's $15m rice deal alarms UN - Rice deal corruption in East Timor
How election violence was financed - the embargoed Kenyan Human Rights Commission report into the Jan 2008 killings of over 1,300 Kenyans
Financial collapse: Confidential exposure analysis of 205 companies each owing above EUR45M to Icelandic bank Kaupthing, 26 Sep 2008 - Publication of a confidential report that has lead to hundreds of newspaper articles worldwide
Barclays Bank gags Guardian over leaked memos detailing offshore tax scam, 16 Mar 2009 - Publication of censored documents revealing a number of elaborate international tax avoidance schemes by the SCM (Structured Capital Markets) division of Barclays
Bank Julius Baer: Grand Larceny via Grand Cayman - How the largest private Swiss bank avoids paying tax to the Swiss government
Der Fall Moonstone Trust - Cayman Islands Swiss bank trust exposed
Over 40 billion euro in 28167 claims made against the Kaupthing Bank, 23 Jan 2010 - List of Kaupthing claimants after Icelandic banking crash
Northern Rock vs. WikiLeaks - Northern Rock Bank UK failed legal injunctions over the ¡Ì24,000,000,000 collapse
Whistleblower exposes insider trading program at JP Morgan - Legal insider trading in three easy steps, brought to you by JP Morgan and the SEC

Yes, clearly they have a severe focus on going after US corporations
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Who says this just affects BOA, I imagine that if he is truly in bed with Soros, the goal is to crash the whole system. Easy to do with enough inside information. This guy doesn't just target one individual entity, he wants to see our whole country collapse.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:02:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You will never read them

You gotta start small...
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Bank of America gets what they deserve .  Fuck BOA . I hope they fold up . My tax money was 100% pissed away on welfare for B of A.

I had a BOA employee order a debit card on my account and his manager lied to me about it to my face Fuck BOA
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#23]
how is this dude getting all this info?
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#24]
As a previous poster mentioned , this guy does release a good deal of crap on the UN and supposedly they have quite a bit of info on Russia as well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#25]

BOA lies, cheats, and steals from customers?? Nothing that we don't already know here.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I just saw that in Team.

eta: also now in GD.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Who knows. The banks are all run by crooks of the greatest magnitude. There is no tellin' what he has on them.

Plus the complicity of the .gov.

I would rather see bank crap than military secrets.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You will never read them

The looting of Kenya under President Moi - $3,000,000,000 presidential corruption exposed; swung the Dec 2007 Kenyan election, long document, be patient
How election violence was financed - the embargoed Kenyan Human Rights Commission report into the Jan 2008 killings of over 1,300 Kenyans
Financial collapse: Confidential exposure analysis of 205 companies each owing above EUR45M to Icelandic bank Kaupthing, 26 Sep 2008 - Publication of a confidential report that has lead to hundreds of newspaper articles worldwide
Barclays Bank gags Guardian over leaked memos detailing offshore tax scam, 16 Mar 2009 - Publication of censored documents revealing a number of elaborate international tax avoidance schemes by the SCM (Structured Capital Markets) division of Barclays
Bank Julius Baer: Grand Larceny via Grand Cayman - How the largest private Swiss bank avoids paying tax to the Swiss government
Over 40 billion euro in 28167 claims made against the Kaupthing Bank, 23 Jan 2010 - List of Kaupthing claimants after Icelandic banking crash
Northern Rock vs. WikiLeaks - Northern Rock Bank UK failed legal injunctions over the ¡Ì24,000,000,000 collapse
Whistleblower exposes insider trading program at JP Morgan - Legal insider trading in three easy steps, brought to you by JP Morgan and the SEC

That's because it's all part of George Soros/Obama's plan to blahblahblah...

Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You will never read them

I never said he was focused on US Corporations. He wants to bring down the US. He's gone after the military, he's gone after the US diplomatic actions and now he plans to cripple the US financial sector.

He has said with his own mouth that US Soldiers are debased and bloodthirsty. He has said that his goal is to bring about political change through the releasing of suppressed materials. He wants America to burn baby burn. That is his goal, to bring down the US.

Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, if we already knew what it was, it wouldn't be a 'leak', now would it??
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Well, I want him dead before he can fuck over the banks...

Congress has done enough of that, as it is...

We don't need more...

Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Do you guys really believe the Soros nonsense?

Who knows... Is it really that far fetched though? Soros, who wants to see the U.S. crippled, sees a man that can contribute to that cause. You think he wouldn't reach out?
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

We don't need more...

Oh for fucks sakes!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Who knows... Is it really that far fetched though? Soros, who wants to see the U.S. crippled, sees a man that can contribute to that cause. You think he wouldn't reach out?

I don't pretend to understand the motivations of others, however the entire concept of Beck's Spooky Dude seems really far fetched to me.  

Becks delivery may be a little kooky some times, but he's usually not that far off from the truth.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:43:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

We don't need more...

Actually I would like to see him expose the politicians & their dealings with the banks - I'm sure a lot of under the table payments & other illegal shit was done under TARP to benefit corrupt politicians making decisions.

Maybe if enough gets out the sheeple will finally wake up.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#38]
The first rule about fight club..........
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#39]

BOA is a major contributor to ACORN, LaRaza, etc.  They bragged about the ACORN donations until the ACORN bad press came out in full force.  Last I looked, they still brag on their website about working with LaRaza.

No sympathy from me.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Release information damaging to our military.........***yawn*** from White House with only stern warnings.

Release iformation damaging to the diplomats and State Department........now the White House is pissed.

Release information on the banks.........I think the SHTF has arrived.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We don't need more...

It only figures that you would come down on the wrong side of being right.

Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Ok let's say BOA collapses, I take it all of you people don't have a single ounce of compassion for the bank's 283 thousand+ employees?  

I don't work for BOA but I work in the banking industry; I worked hard in college, do not come from a rich background, and now provide a service that I KNOW helps my customers.  This service is reasonably priced and is made accessible to responsible companies.  Apparently I deserve to be graced with unemployment just because a few people made all bankers look like they were evil?

Beyond that, do you realize that if the banking system did collapse, this would be VERY BAD THING?  I have my credit card with BOA and my checking account and I am overall satisfied with the service that I have been provided.  I'm sorry that a few folks have had bad experiences... but it would be really bad for me if they collapsed.  Now imagine that I'm a large corporation that has a line of credit with BOA.  Yeah.

Stop being so ignorant, close minded, and angry.  One person makes a mistake and you want to kill the whole village?
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We don't need more...

You do realize I've wanted him dead since he started fucking over the war effort too, right?

Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

One person makes a mistake and you want to kill the whole village?

Sometimes you gotta send a message.

Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Seems this wiki-leaks shit is a mixed blessing.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here . . . . fuck em.

I dumped them and all their fucking shady-underhanded  tactics years ago and never looked back .

Link Posted: 11/30/2010 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We don't need more...

You do realize I've wanted him dead since he started fucking over the war effort too, right?

Too late. You already sided with the banks. What's done is done.

Link Posted: 11/30/2010 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'd be OK with ALL the Banks collapsing. I'm gonna sound like just the kind of guy that ARFCOM hates, but this is the ONLY way, in my opinion, that we can have fairness for all our citizens. Oh; and FUCK Soros and all the pricks throughout the world that want to see our Nation brought down. Lets not forget the traitors in Washington and their supporter's. The greatest of all of which are the Bankers. If the Government wanted to really do something to protect and preserve our Republic, Federal agents would be bussed to Wall Street and mass arrests and confiscation of records would occur. NO institution is "too large to fail"; especially those that have sought to profit from our current financial crisis. Why did Lehman Brothers fail but we bailed out AIG? Couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that AIG owed Goldman BILLIONS on CDS's, did it? And that Goldman's ex-CEO was Secretary of the Treasury? Why aren't we all up in arms about these crimes? All we seem to want to complain about is Obama and his citizenship. FOLLOW THE MONEY.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't pretend to understand the motivations of others, however the entire concept of Beck's Spooky Dude seems really far fetched to me.  

Becks delivery may be a little kooky some times, but he's usually not that far off from the truth.

I tend to believe Beck.  His research is second to none.

Last year his staff had over 50,000 hours of research into what he went over.

That's why his attackers go after him or his delivery.

On topic, Assange is a little shit.  However, I wouldn't mind seeing the light of truth get shined on what our banking system has become.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#49]

nevermind

Link Posted: 11/30/2010 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Where does this mentality originate?

Because some are crooks and the media needs the useful idiots? Successful businesspeople made America greater than every other nation. We should strive to be more successful, instead of hating those who are. We have turned everything on its head and our children will suffer.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top