Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2010 8:02:06 AM EDT
This guy that is putting together a website on the Hollywood Shootout is looking for info on one of the rifles used in the shootout specifically on the HK91 or G3.

http://sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semiforum.cgi?read=107716
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 8:13:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I was up in the mountains above LA at a shooting range not long before that event happened, and have long suspected that I saw them there.

These two guys stood out like a sore thumb.  They didn't give off that "gun guy" aura, but rather looked like they were on a mission.  Their rifles, at least one of which was a HK-91, were packed in Pelican cases.  My recollection of their physical appearance is consistent with the pics from the news.  

FWIW...

Link Posted: 12/12/2010 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#3]
There's a museum somewhere in Cali that has all their equipment in it, including their full sets of armor (I've seen reposted pics from the site on /k/).  Some Googling may find it for you or go ask /k/.
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't remember all that much about it. But if he says it had a paddle mag release, then the receiver was modified for three a pin lower.

There are faux paddle mag release conversions out there, but I don't think those apply in this case.

Well the gun is in a small LAPD  Museum In Highland Park CA, not far from me house. I have many pics from the museum but did not take one of that gun. I guess I could stop by there in the next couple days and see. The guy may want to sign up and post on Calguns.net because many of the members have been to the museum and taken pictures.

CW

EDIT to add: Is that it above the AK?

My daughter in front of the Chevy Celebrity from the shootout.

Not from the shootout but one of the more interesting guns in the museum.

Link Posted: 12/12/2010 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There's a museum somewhere in Cali that has all their equipment in it, including their full sets of armor (I've seen reposted pics from the site on /k/).  Some Googling may find it for you or go ask /k/.

Someone here went there and snapped some great close-up pics of the display, if you can search the right terms you may find it in GD

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=327_1267847623&c=1
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#6]
There was another, deadlier bank 211 with autoloaders that occurred in Norco, CA in 1980.
When the NoHo BoA 211 went down, I was watching it live in our training section; first thing we all thought of was "another Norco."

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Norco_shootout
A brief overview.
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 9:02:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I can't find the HK-91 pics still looking

Link Posted: 12/12/2010 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#8]

HERE YOU GO

**ETA looks like some parts of the full-auto FCG and/or receiver were modded to mate the two together somehow, clearly a commercial
semi HK-91 marked receiver.
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#10]
ive heard these guys hit some armored cars before the bank shootout? is that true?

also, didnt the police find a shit load of cash in one of their safes?

it always kills me when you hear about people getting busted... and they have a SHIT LOAD of money already stashed... greed.... id like to think i would have quit while i was ahead if i were them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
ive heard these guys hit some armored cars before the bank shootout? is that true?

it always kills me when you hear about people getting busted... and they have a SHIT LOAD of money already stashed... greed.... id like to think i would have quit while i was ahead if i were them.

Yeah I believe they killed a truck guard too.
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#12]
If I recall correctly, these guys were responsible for several bank robberies.

It was like a job to them. Getting low on cash, plan another bank job.
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Its not always just about the money.  They may have been in it for the  "rush"....
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

from what i read they robed the banks and cars when they were low on cash.
they would do a bank job and then lay low till the cash ran out. then hit another one.
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Well I know it's already been said that it was a HK91...now with picture evidence...but I was going to add in that it was an illegally converted HK91, FWIW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top